• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 10 (360) Club Thread of Better Late Than Never

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
So, I try playing a pro matched game. First f'n game and some bastard on my team rushes to be the ANy guy. Next thing you know, he's just scoring on our own goal.
Ah, the joys of playing with a bunch of random people. :lol

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
Ah, the joys of playing with a bunch of random people. :lol

And that is why I had never played online. The fears of stuff like that and racists slurs galore have always turn me off to it. Dude, we even played a pro ranked matched with random people before everyone called it a night and it went fine.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
And that is why I had never played online. The fears of stuff like that and racists slurs galore have always turn me off to it. Dude, we even played a pro ranked matched with random people before everyone called it a night and it went fine.
If you wanna hear racial slurs and other crap, play OTP on NHL. Holy shit.

i sent out a few invites to some of my friends and i am trying to get some buddy's from work to get it if you know anyone who wants to join let me know i will invite them in a heartbeat, i say we are getting better but lets get like 50 guys on the club to get great

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
i sent out a few invites to some of my friends and i am trying to get some buddy's from work to get it if you know anyone who wants to join let me know i will invite them in a heartbeat, i say we are getting better but lets get like 50 guys on the club to get great
A friend of mine is buying a 360 soon. He's buying FIFA as well and he wants in. I'll let you know when he gets set up with everything.

NoRéN

SnakeswithLasers said:

It's pretty sweet. I read about it on the gaf thread, gave it a shot. Got rid of alot of dvds that have just been collecting dust. I got Gears of War 1 and 2 in mint condition by trading those movies.
Don't buy points, just trade. Also, if you have paypal, don't use their label buying/printing. I don't know why, but it's way OVERPRICED. Just use paypal shipping to print your own labels(most dvds/games don't go over 5oz) and you be shipping stuff for about $2-2.50 per game.
Recycle the shipping envelopes. That's what i do. i've yet to buy one.
Check the demand for stuff. If you see that there's alot of requests, trade it. I recently bought Assassin's Creed 2 for $30 on the buy/sell/trade thread. Traded it on goozex for 1000 points(1000 points= about $50).

Marvie_3

Banned
Why do my teammates have to be so stupid? I keep trying to set them up with crosses and through balls and they can't score. I NEED STATS YOU FUCKING FUCKERS!!!!!

Marvie_3 said:
Why do my teammates have to be so stupid? I keep trying to set them up with crosses and through balls and they can't score. I NEED STATS YOU FUCKING FUCKERS!!!!!

Just control everyone...
I've never done that--but it is an option in your Be A Pro season.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
There's an option on the menu ... I think it's up at the top right of the screen when you're still on the menus before you enter a game.
You just click the RS on the pre-game menu. I'll have to give this a shot. Thanks dude.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Lemme know how it works. I want to get some defensive points but I hate playing as a defenseman...
Same here. How do you change your player's position in the middle of a season? Or can't you?

NoRéN

SnakeswithLasers said:
Lemme know how it works. I want to get some defensive points but I hate playing as a defenseman...
Just gave this a try myself with good results: play a Be a Pro in the quick game menu. choose your Be a Pro team and just play one match. change your pro's position to defender. This way, you don't have to worry about meeting manager goals in the Be a Pro seasons.
Also, to unlock the long throw: play as a RB or LB. Only they can take throw ins.
SnakeswithLasers said:
You may be able to once you're captain?
This is also true. However, your manager will still set expectations for you based on you position set for your Pro. If you are a forward but decide to play as a defender, you will still be expected to score goals.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
Just gave this a try myself with good results: play a Be a Pro in the quick game menu. choose your Be a Pro team and just play one match. change your pro's position to defender. This way, you don't have to worry about meeting manager goals in the Be a Pro seasons.
Also, to unlock the long throw: play as a RB or LB. Only they can take throw ins.

This is also true. However, your manager will still set expectations for you based on you position set for your Pro. If you are a forward but decide to play as a defender, you will still be expected to score goals.
Good to know. My manager sets ridiculous goals for me already. My favorite is 'Get 7 shots'. Fuck you asshole. I'm lucky to get 3-4 per game.

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
Good to know. My manager sets ridiculous goals for me already. My favorite is 'Get 7 shots'. Fuck you asshole. I'm lucky to get 3-4 per game.

Mine is "Get a rating of 10"

WHAT!!!!

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
Mine is "Get a rating of 10"

WHAT!!!!
This game is BS though. Whenever it asks me to get a rating of 7, I do fine. When it asks me to get 8+, my pro and my teammates go retarded and I end up getting a 5 or a 6. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
This game is BS though. Whenever it asks me to get a rating of 7, I do fine. When it asks me to get 8+, my pro and my teammates go retarded and I end up getting a 5 or a 6. :lol

the bs i see is i have to 9,000 offline to get better

NoRéN said:
Playing as a defender SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

defender is hard or crappy in any game, thats how nhl is, its fun to be a defender at first, but then when you give up 4 cross cress goals and marvie tells u your crap u move to center:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Marvie_3 said:
There's only been one person I've ever said anything like that to in NHL and you are not that person. :lol

i know but u know u like me better at center, i am now an assist king, and score to the delight of taylor swift:D

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
i know but u know u like me better at center, i am now an assist king, and score to the delight of taylor swift:D
You also seem to be the only one who can win faceoffs on a consistent basis. :lol

augmental

I know this is a tad off topic but did you guys get the update that was made available today? What did this update do? I heard that it was related to squad updates but I cannot see any changes to the teams that I normally play with via exhibition matches (Premier League teams, MLS teams, some Spain squads). If this was a squad update is it just for the online rosters? Thanks for any info.

augmental said:
I know this is a tad off topic but did you guys get the update that was made available today? What did this update do? I heard that it was related to squad updates but I cannot see any changes to the teams that I normally play with via exhibition matches (Premier League teams, MLS teams, some Spain squads). If this was a squad update is it just for the online rosters? Thanks for any info.
Looks like it's just a pre-update for the ultimate team stuff...
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-10-sony-playstation-3-microsoft-xbox-360/894540-update-1-03-information.html said:
Hi All,

I know there have been a number of threads, questions and concerns today about the 1.03 update that hit the PS3. I have now received some more information about it and can confirm a few details (and hopefully answer some questions).

This update is a pre-Ultimate Team update to prepare for the launch of Ultimate Team next week. There will be a similar one for the 360 next week (likely on the Ultimate Team launch day).

It doesn't change anything in terms of gameplay but we are aware that a rogue football (the 1974 one) has managed to find itself in the game and the guys over in Canada are currently looking into this.

In terms of the disconnects and general feeling they have increased, this is due to the nature of the update. It hasn't been rolled out at the same time across the globe so if you play someone from another country that doesn't have it yet, chances are you are going to end up disconnecting from them.

There were initial thoughts this was going to hit next week (in line with the 360) but it seems that Sony have dropped it at the same time as they updated the PS Store this week instead.

Hopefully this clears a few things up and as more people around the world have access to download the update things should even themselves out again.

Thanks

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
im trying its just that damn lag sometimes
Yeah, I hear you there. I used to be able to win faceoffs pretty well but it seems like something changed with the last few tuners.

What is this "Ultimate Team" stuff?

Hardyboy1224 said:
the ultimate team is being on the gaf pro club championship
:lol :lol I think it's a league where you get to make your "ultimate team" and play against other people's "ultimate team" ... I don't know. I always thought it was like fantasy football, except everyone can have the same guys if they want to. I might be 100% wrong though.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Fuck it though. It's a team game, and there's no "win" in team.
No, but there is EA in team. Fuck EA.

SnakeswithLasers said:
General "I meant happy" Manager
Hardyboy1224

I've got 99 problems but a rape conviction aint one...
Peterb0y

Charles in Charge (of yelling and barracuda bukkake)
Marvie_3

Not sure he's even on the team...
MidnightRider

Guy who's probably from the east coast
NoRéN
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Hardyboy1224 said:
the ultimate team is being on the gaf pro club championship
:lol :lol :lol

SnakeswithLasers said:
:lol :lol I think it's a league where you get to make your "ultimate team" and play against other people's "ultimate team" ... I don't know. I always thought it was like fantasy football, except everyone can have the same guys if they want to. I might be 100% wrong though.
Fantasy sports?!?!?!?!?!? NEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRDDDDDSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

t8wygo.jpg
t8wygo.jpg
19753597_a8ae344812.jpg
t8wygo.jpg

augmental said:

dont know if you are still falling what we were saying but do you fifa a lot? are u on a club?

SnakeswithLasers said:
op updated with individual theme songs for all of our members.
what does what your saying mean? im sure what you are saying makes sense to everyone else but to this levi garrett chew hick i dont get it

Top Bottom