• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 10 (360) Club Thread of Better Late Than Never

PBY

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
Fuck yeah! Class was cancelled tonight! I had been kicked out of my first 2 classes and was hoping to make it 3. But fuck it, now I can go home and play FIFA and Bioshock. :lol
wtf who gets kicked out of class? clubs/bars yes... but class? haha... I've been busy as fuck with work this week... BUT IM FREE, probably'll be on tonight if I don't pass out, haven't slept much in the past weeks
Marvie_3 said:
Being right.
you had to go and be THAT GUY and show up the teacher in front of the class.. TWICE? :lol :lol :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
you had to go and be THAT GUY and show up the teacher in front of the class.. TWICE? :lol :lol :lol
Only once. The other time the prof. was on a power trip and I wasn't having it. :lol

SnakeswithLasers said:
Read "being a smart ass".
If being a smart ass means being right, then baby, I don't wanna be wrong!

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I keep expecting to see Peterb0y's avatar have an eye infection one of these days. I don't know why really...
Well he's bound to get gonorrhea one of these days. His eye will most likely be crusty from that.

NoRéN said:
No yet, I was hope to get it on goozex but apparently it's VERY popular. High demand, and it's even worth more than Fifa 10.

i saw that. oh well i thinks its because nhl2k10 is so bad every hockey player wants nhl. too bad nhl doesnt have an any player i think it would make it easier to stop the cross crease

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
i saw that. oh well i thinks its because nhl2k10 is so bad every hockey player wants nhl. too bad nhl doesnt have an any player i think it would make it easier to stop the cross crease
There are also a lot fewer copies of NHL printed. Thanks to Canada, NHL sells just as well, if not better than FIFA too, in North America I mean.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
Anyone else start getting the game freezes after the update?
I haven't noticed any yet. I have noticed that getting any stats towards defense are going to take for-fucking-ever.

NoRéN

Yeah, Started playing Manager Mode(it's what i always play) and added my Pro. All's going well. Game ends and as the screen is going to the Man of the Match screen, freeze! Couldn't even access the xbox dashboard. I freaked since it's my first 360 and feared it died. Turns out it's been happening since the update. Not sure if it will happen during online play.

:lol Yeah, defensive stats suck!!! Oh, I figured out the bicycle kick. Now I just gotta do one during a match. Also, have you gotten the penalty and free kick achievement in the arena?

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
Yeah, Started playing Manager Mode(it's what i always play) and added my Pro. All's going well. Game ends and as the screen is going to the Man of the Match screen, freeze! Couldn't even access the xbox dashboard. I freaked since it's my first 360 and feared it died. Turns out it's been happening since the update. Not sure if it will happen during online play.

:lol Yeah, defensive stats suck!!! Oh, I figured out the bicycle kick. Now I just gotta do one during a match. Also, have you gotten the penalty and free kick achievement in the arena?
If you like games that freeze, you'll LOVE NHL 10. :lol

Do the stats count for you Be A Pro during manager mode?

NoRéN said:
Yeah. Manager Mode rocks!

But ... do only that stats that your pro gets count? Or is it all the stats that any player YOU CONTROL get?

If I control a guy to do a goal line clearance, does my pro get credit, even if it isn't him?

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
But ... do only that stats that your pro gets count? Or is it all the stats that any player YOU CONTROL get?

If I control a guy to do a goal line clearance, does my pro get credit, even if it isn't him?
Better yet, can we just not control ANY of the guys and still have the stats count? :lol

NoRéN

SnakeswithLasers said:

Only your pro. So, you would have to play in defense. But, the beauty of using your Pro in Manager Mode or Quick Play is, no goals set by the manager like in Be a Pro. I've yet to do a goal line clearance. :(
Also, in manager mode, build(buy) a badass team! It makes it easier when you have really good players helping you out. I finally scored a header!!!
Marvie_3 said:
Better yet, can we just not control ANY of the guys and still have the stats count?
:lol

Hey, have you guys figured out the free kicks, specifically the curl a free kick achievement?

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
Hey, have you guys figured out the free kicks, specifically the curl a free kick achievement?
Using finesse shots is how I'd assume this is done.

By the time I get my guy even halfway built up, FIFA 11 is going to be out. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
hey how do i give out gm status to u guys in pro championship club?
If it's like NHL, then you go into the "club stats" then click on out gamertags and it should give you the option to grant GM status. If it's not there, then I don't know.

Marvie_3 said:
If it's like NHL, then you go into the "club stats" then click on out gamertags and it should give you the option to grant GM status. If it's not there, then I don't know.

ok if i get on later i will give it out to a few of you guys.

i need to play more but i cant get into it. the more i talk to my buddy about how much they play and he has not even close to unlocking everything and hes played hundreds of hours, it makes me angry and bored to think about playing it.

NoRéN

Hardyboy1224 said:
i need to play more but i cant get into it. the more i talk to my buddy about how much they play and he has not even unlocked everything, it makes me angry and bored to think about playing it.
What do you need unlocking? So far, i think I'm at about 50% . There's some stuff I'm not even close to unlocking.

NoRéN said:
What do you need unlocking? So far, i think I'm at about 50% . There's some stuff I'm not even close to unlocking.

my point exactly your the better person's on the team and your struggling to move forward, i just want to jump on and play club games like hockey. i think i have only played like 2-4 hours offline and my charc rocks on nhl, my soccer guy stinks and and im controlling him

if i only didn't have to pay 60 bucks for the game 50 for a year of xbox live and then more money for boost and add-ons, i wouldnt be broke

NoRéN

Hardyboy1224 said:
if i only didn't have to pay 60 bucks for the game 50 for a year of xbox live and then more money for boost and add-ons, i wouldnt be broke

true, very true. i got lucky and bought Fifa with a Best Buy gift card i won in a sweepstakes. basically, i got Halo 3, RE5 and Fifa 10 for $10.

And, get your xbox live cards on Amazon.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
true, very true. i got lucky and bought Fifa with a Best Buy gift card i won in a sweepstakes. basically, i got Halo 3, RE5 and Fifa 10 for $10.

And, get your xbox live cards on Amazon.
Sweet. Mine runs out soon.

i played for like 2 hours and my guy is coming along, oh and i made noren and laserbot gm's and marvie. oh and the bombdiggity guy is a kid ive know for like 10 years, hes a hella good soccer player in real life.

Hardyboy1224 said:
i played for like 2 hours and my guy is coming along, oh and i made noren and laserbot gm's and marvie. oh and the bombdiggity guy is a kid ive know for like 10 years, hes a hella good soccer player in real life.

I played some be a pro this weekend. I put my guy as a RB and just played any position. I managed to unlock a few of the easier defence things, but man...most of these achievements come from playing 200 games or getting over 9,000 goals. Score 3 headers in one game? WTF?

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I played some be a pro this weekend. I put my guy as a RB and just played any position. I managed to unlock a few of the easier defence things, but man...most of these achievements come from playing 200 games or getting over 9,000 goals. Score 3 headers in one game? WTF?
Yeah some of the stuff is even more retarded than the NHL unlocks.

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah some of the stuff is even more retarded than the NHL unlocks.

I guess it wouldn't be THAT difficult to play on semi-pro, turn everything on to "assisted" and score up a storm--but it's not fun that way. =(

SnakeswithLasers said:
I guess it wouldn't be THAT difficult to play on semi-pro, turn everything on to "assisted" and score up a storm--but it's not fun that way. =(

it seems like you have to do that to unlock your player to be good and then turn it back to play on-line

Hardyboy1224 said:
it seems like you have to do that to unlock your player to be good and then turn it back to play on-line

Ya, but there's no incentive to play online without assisted because it just makes it more difficult--and nobody else does it.

Games are so much more fun before you start to dig into the meat of them. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Whatever. It's totally awesome to play games with everything assisted. Just like NHL and it's assisted shot aim!

Marvie_3 said:
Whatever. It's totally awesome to play games with everything assisted. Just like NHL and it's assisted shot aim!
Or Bayonetta and it's button mash easy mode that plays for you, or the new mario game on wii that you can just watch Mario go through the level...

SnakeswithLasers said:
Or Bayonetta and it's button mash easy mode that plays for you, or the new mario game on wii that you can just watch Mario go through the level...

well i dont know about that i dont score everytime i shoot and my passes are not always right on target, i think it has to do how well your charc is. i had 12 shots in a game and only 1 goal

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
well i dont know about that i dont score everytime i shoot and my passes are not always right on target, i think it has to do how well your charc is. i had 12 shots in a game and only 1 goal
I had the same problem until I started using finesse shots. I still miss all the time but it seems like scoring goals is a bit easier.

i am sick of not being able to play club games. we all need to get on one night and play, who cares if we lose i am just getting sick of single player.

Top Bottom