• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 Online Clubs (Xbox 360)

We were playing a lot better last night. I like that 5-1-3-1 formation and having boosted VP's is extremely useful.

Foob said:
sorry guys, I got bumped off at the end of that match - fucking tree fell over the power lines down the road

sitting in the dark...
Ah, that explains it. I didn't know if you rage quit or something after being stuck at left back for a few matches. :p

Foob

Cornballer said:
We were playing a lot better last night. I like that 5-1-3-1 formation and having boosted VP's is extremely useful.

Ah, that explains it. I didn't know if you rage quit or something after being stuck at left back for a few matches. :p
Haha, no, never. I was having fun regardless of where I was playing

TheCrow

If we're going to play clubs later tonight or whenever and I'm playing Gears or something else just send me a message and I'll get on.

deadnoob

deadnoob | deadno0b | east na| CAM

Not sure if there is any room on a team, but I'd like to be added to the list. I've never taken the virtual pro seriously, but I played it a bit towards the end of 11's life, and it was pretty fun. I'd like to be able to play with people who actually take most positions seriously :)

Also, anyone have a spreadsheet of the VP accomplishments? I remember there being one from 11 that was helpful when trying to boost my stats.

deadnoob said:
Also, anyone have a spreadsheet of the VP accomplishments? I remember there being one from 11 that was helpful when trying to boost my stats.
I linked the list earlier in the thread. Just track back a page or two.

sixghost

Sorry East-GAF, looks like MS won't reactivate my account until next week. I'll try to be very active once that happens. In the mean time I've been trying to improve my VP so I'll be ready to play immediately clubs, my CB/CDM is 76/77 right now, how much further do I need to boost him before I'm good to play with you guys?

Servers are still down. Not sure we can get an clubbin' in tonight.
sixghost said:
Sorry East-GAF, looks like MS won't reactivate my account until next week. I'll try to be very active once that happens. In the mean time I've been trying to improve my VP so I'll be ready to play immediately clubs, my CB/CDM is 76/77 right now, how much further do I need to boost him before I'm good to play with you guys?
That's pretty solid already, but higher is always better.

sneaky77

sixghost said:

the higher you get the better.. but you can play regardless is all good

sixghost

Does anyone have any idea why players default to attempting to volley the ball from a cross now? I'm trying to boost my heading/jumping stats, and it's fucking impossible to get this guy to head the all. Every time I cross it to him, he is 100% wide open, and he sits back and volleys it out of the air.

I literally scored 1 jumping header out of maybe 50 attempts. It's so frustrating trying to fight the auto-move that makes them back up out of header range. I haven't run into any of this during real matches either.

I'm currently trying to get the diving header trait to see if that might fix it.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
sixghost said:
Does anyone have any idea why players default to attempting to volley the ball from a cross now? I'm trying to boost my heading/jumping stats, and it's fucking impossible to get this guy to head the all. Every time I cross it to him, he is 100% wide open, and he sits back and volleys it out of the air.

I literally scored 1 jumping header out of maybe 50 attempts. It's so frustrating trying to fight the auto-move that makes them back up out of header range. I haven't run into any of this during real matches either.

I'm currently trying to get the diving header trait to see if that might fix it.

Hit the shoot button earlier. It's all in your timing, if you're pounding shoot you will always head it.

sixghost

QVT said:
Hit the shoot button earlier. It's all in your timing, if you're pounding shoot you will always head it.
I'll try that tomorrow. Grinding the jumping headers was a nightmare. I was lucky if I would score from one more than once every 15-20 minutes. If anyone needs some helps getting those quicker, I eventually found a few ways to do it more often.

Also, it's not even funny how quickly you can get the shooting accomplishments if you mess with the sliders. If you turn down CPU goalies, speed, and user shot error, and turn up user speed and shot speed, you literally cannot miss. You end up scoring 30+ goals a game.

QVT

sixghost said:
I'll try that tomorrow. Grinding the jumping headers was a nightmare. I was lucky if I would score from one more than once every 15-20 minutes. If anyone needs some helps getting those quicker, I eventually found a few ways to do it more often.

Also, it's not even funny how quickly you can get the shooting accomplishments if you mess with the sliders. If you turn down CPU goalies, speed, and user shot error, and turn up user speed and shot speed, you literally cannot miss. You end up scoring 30+ goals a game.

Oh, that sounds pretty helpful. I'll screw with the sliders and try to get the rest of the stuff I need. Doing it online is much easier though, too bad you are locked out.

QVT

AstroLad said:
boosting alone is kind of sad, like drinking alone

Holy shit though, this is so fucking effective for some stuff. Wish I had known about it when trying to do the 32 yard goals, it took me two seconds. I'm gonna be able to do a lot of stuff by myself with the slider thing.

Slizz

ijm72 said:
Heres a shitty angle of the game winning goal in the first ever GAF Derby:
http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/95511220

Shit really bugs me. Same thing happened to me when I tried to upload a highlight. Used the Orbit camera option put it at the right angle and everything, then once you click upload it reverts to some stupid camera on the goal line. Uploaded it twice diff angles and got the same highlight both times.

On a clubs note, I should be available for some matches for East-GAF tonight.

Also, people should sign up for the 360 League, FIFA bragging rights at stake!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446617

Slizz said:
Shit really bugs me. Same thing happened to me when I tried to upload a highlight. Used the Orbit camera option put it at the right angle and everything, then once you click upload it reverts to some stupid camera on the goal line. Uploaded it twice diff angles and got the same highlight both times.

On a clubs note, I should be available for some matches for East-GAF tonight.

Also, people should sign up for the 360 League, FIFA bragging rights at stake!

I didn't know there was a 360 league...

omgkitty

I definitely want to try and play some club this weekend. I've had class every night this week and my pro is still terrible. Maybe I will try boosting so I am not terrible.

Meier

I wish this had come out like a month ago before TV was back. DVR was up to 93% and Thursday is an insane night of recording so had to watch stuff last night.

omgkitty

Meier said:
I wish this had come out like a month ago before TV was back. DVR was up to 93% and Thursday is an insane night of recording so had to watch stuff last night.

I think this is just a terrible time in general to release anything. Between TV, games and movies, it's kind of hard to focus on one thing for too long this time of year.

Some stats this morning since the EA website is finally (sort of) working again:

FC InNOut: North America, Division 23
Record: 7-7-14
Overall Ranking: 1643
Code:
		GP	GLS	AST	S%	P%	T%
Ragnar		[b]27[/b] 	3 	2 	13 	65 	35
QVT		24 	5 	[b]6[/b] 	8 	55 	12
Cornballer 	23 	3 	1 	10 	66 	22
boomheadshot45 	20 	1 	0 	7 	[b]77 	41[/b]
fivehorizons 	18 	[b]6[/b] 	0 	15 	55 	12
Awesome Animals 14 	3 	4 	20 	68 	18
abellwillring 	11 	0 	1 	0 	69 	28
Eric WK 	8 	0 	0 	0 	70 	30
younghov72 	8 	2 	2 	[b]33[/b] 	74 	11
WarZebra 	6 	1 	1 	25 	67 	25
DJ Demon J 	4 	2 	0 	25 	62 	16

Cornballer said:
Some stats this morning since the EA website is finally (sort of) working again:

FC InNOut: North America, Division 23
Record: 7-7-14
Overall Ranking: 1643
Code:
		GP	GLS	AST	S%	P%	T%
Ragnar		[b]27[/b] 	3 	2 	13 	65 	35
QVT		24 	5 	[b]6[/b] 	8 	55 	12
Cornballer 	23 	3 	1 	10 	66 	22
boomheadshot45 	20 	1 	0 	7 	[b]77 	41[/b]
fivehorizons 	18 	[b]6[/b] 	0 	15 	55 	12
Awesome Animals 14 	3 	4 	20 	68 	18
abellwillring 	11 	0 	1 	0 	69 	28
Eric WK 	8 	0 	0 	0 	70 	30
younghov72 	8 	2 	2 	[b]33[/b] 	74 	11
WarZebra 	6 	1 	1 	25 	67 	25
DJ Demon J 	4 	2 	0 	25 	62 	16

I'm alright with my stat line. I'd like a few more points though. :/

Menelaus said:
Those tackling percentages =(
I need to stop hammering on the tackle button anytime I get close to someone - my percentage is terrible. I assume it still gives you the tackle credit if you basically run into a guy and strip him without pushing the button, right?
Boom holding it down!!
Indeed.

QVT

I promise my stats will get better as my pro continues to improve. I went through those first 10 matches or so with nothing.

Proud of my assists though.

Menelaus

Banned
QVT said:
I promise my stats will get better as my pro continues to improve. I went through those first 10 matches or so with nothing.

Proud of my assists though.
gonna be around to boost me on lunch?!

QVT

Menelaus said:
gonna be around to boost me on lunch?!

Yeah, text me if I'm not online. I'll talk you through solo boosting, I'm now of the mind that it's more effective.

Meier

Menelaus said:
Those tackling percentages =(

Boom holding it down!!
I am somewhat surprised mine is even that high, lol. Thought I had at least 1 more assist.. booo. Pretty sure I've only taken one or two shots and both were accidental ones down field that may not count against me.

Holy shit was that awesome to run into you guys randomly. It was like a gang war in the middle of Kmart.

For your consideration:

IFDJp.jpg

Please note the color of my hands and knees. ORANGE. I bleed GAF. How did this happen? I don't know.

omgkitty

dollartaco said:
Please note the color of my hands and knees. ORANGE. I bleed GAF. How did this happen? I don't know.

My picture wouldn't work right so I had to use one of their created faces from FIFA 11, and my guy is still red...it's so weird.

QVT

omgkitty said:
My picture wouldn't work right so I had to use one of their created faces from FIFA 11, and my guy is still red...it's so weird.

Haven't seen you in the club yet!

Rags, where you at? Gotta boost!

You know, that might be it. I tried using my face, but my beard caused... problems. My head was properly white, then slowly turned brown below my jaw. I looked absolutely horrific. This is not much of an upgrade.

Maybe I should just embrace the weird. I'm wondering what will happen if I try to facemap goatse.

QVT said:
We're still missing these people from the roster:

AstroLad | AstroTheLad | THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA| LW/LM
blurrygil | NOAgil | West Coast (Seattle-GAF!) | Mid (CAM/CM/RM) or Striker (if needed)
omgkitty | KillerEldiablo | East Coast (TN) | CM, CDM, LM, RM, LB, RB

Can you send Astro an invite since you're on right now? I don't think he has one yet, iirc.

omgkitty

QVT said:

Rags, where you at? Gotta boost!

Yeah I've had class every night this week so haven't had time yet. I'm not 100% sure I've been invited, but maybe I just wasn't looking for it right? I don't know. I'll try tonight as long as the servers are up.

QVT

omgkitty said:
Yeah I've had class every night this week so haven't had time yet. I'm not 100% sure I've been invited, but maybe I just wasn't looking for it right? I don't know. I'll try tonight as long as the servers are up.

You have to be online to get the invite. Thanks EA!

Top Bottom