• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 Online Clubs (Xbox 360)

sneaky77

deadnoob said:
deadnoob | deadno0b | east coast| CAM

If anyone has room in a squad for me please add me. I got my VP up to 88 in CAM, but I am willing to play most positions - I'm not very comfortable in defense with the new system though.

I'm also available most of the time unless I have a lot of school work. Thanks

give me a min i'll send an invite.

east gaf is undefeated so far tonight.

EAST GAF represent http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/95916696

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
I'm honestly pretty close to done with the game. Depends on what they do with the inevitable patch I guess, but it's just such a step back in every way that even winning isn't really fun. I dunno.

Menelaus

Banned
QVT said:
I'm honestly pretty close to done with the game. Depends on what they do with the inevitable patch I guess, but it's just such a step back in every way that even winning isn't really fun. I dunno.
Kinda my thoughts honestly.

sneaky77

QVT said:

i think it plays better than last yr for the most part. Some things bug me still though

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
wow hahah. i didn't have that sense at all when i played. thought it was pretty fun. then again i've been in like 6 wins and 0 losses so maybe that's part of it

i don't take any of it very seriously though nor have i played it more than a few hours so i dunno maybe there's something totally game-breaking in there i haven't been exposed to

anyway hope to hop on for some clubs in about 30m

Menelaus

Banned
My main complaint is the rubberbanding. It kills any suspense the runs might have had, and punishes those with the skill to beat defenders with speed/skill moves. It really just wrecks clubs completely in my opinion.

QVT

Menelaus said:
My main complaint is the rubberbanding. It kills any suspense the runs might have had, and punishes those with the skill to beat defenders with speed/skill moves. It really just wrecks clubs completely in my opinion.

This is the root of it, I was explaining it to the ball and chain and she said "why did they do that?" and that's pretty much the long and short of it. Why

sneaky77

Menelaus said:

very true, but is preferable to the over the top bs from last yr. this yr encourages build and pass

QVT

sneaky77 said:
very true, but is preferable to the over the top bs from last yr. this yr encourages build and pass

Build and ground pass to feet. They could encourage those without preventing kicking the ball ahead. Why even leave that in game if it's not gonna do anything?

ijm72

I THOUGHT THEY SAID THEY FIXED THE FINESSE SHOTS FROM OUTSIDE THE BOX
http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/95931096

The rubberbanding is annoying and yeah it does encourage more passing and building but thats kind of hard to do in clubs when you have 4-5 guys chasing you around don't really have a lot of time on the ball. Maybe we just need to play differently because it seems we are playing very similar to last year but its a different game. I think it will be okay once we get used to it. I gotta say I am really enjoying head to head online matches more which is weird because I hated it last year. Maybe the new changes they made are more suited to head to head than to club matches.

TheCrow

Great games yesterday/earlier today, gaf east. Rubberbanding is an issue but I'm not taking clubs that serous. It fun to just mess around and see what happens. As long as I can keep poaching goals I'll be fine. :p

sneaky77

TheCrow said:
Great games yesterday/earlier today, gaf east. Rubberbanding is an issue but I'm not taking clubs that serous. It fun to just mess around and see what happens. As long as I can keep poaching goals I'll be fine. :p

lol you found your calling.

it was lots of fun. And yeah rubberbanding is there, but we did alright just passing the ball around for the most part

Slizz

sneaky77 said:
lol you found your calling.

it was lots of fun. And yeah rubberbanding is there, but we did alright just passing the ball around for the most part

Fuck man weekend is really bad for me when it comes to clubs. I'm almost never home at night, I've gotten my VP up to 76 for CAM, 78 CF, 76 CB. I'm really digging defense in clubs but my CAM is real fun too.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
awww too bad viz

i thought yesterday's games were a lot of fun. wc gaf had 4 or 5 and east coast gaf had 6

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
awww too bad viz

i thought yesterday's games were a lot of fun. wc gaf had 4 or 5 and east coast gaf had 6

yeah and Astro was dissing some mean gossip on his former teammates lol

Meier

Did two matches and got Noel up to 76 earlier.. probably need to devote another hour or two to get him to 80 or so.

ijm72

Meus Renaissance said:
Can someone explain what rubber banding is
When playing against the computer it is very hard for you to get past them and be clear on goal or have time to put in a good cross/pass. If you kick it in front of you with the right stick or if you receive a nice through pass it seems the majority of the time the defender will catch up to you. It doesn't matter if you have a guy with 90+ Speed and Acceleration going a against a very tall and very slow defender because he will catch up to you the majority of the time. Its a problem when playing against the computer on high difficulty and also a problem when playing clubs because most of the Clubs have 2-3 attacking players and they let the CPU defend for them. This results in a lot of 1-0 or 0-0 matches

Menelaus

Banned
Gave PES a shake after that last round of clubs...awful ball physics. Just unbelievably bad.

I just dunno...let's see if we can get that dude in a friendly.

Menelaus

Banned
Alright, InO, who wants to play and be miserable about the state of affairs and complain with me while playing clubs?

QVT

Menelaus said:
Alright, InO, who wants to play and be miserable about the state of affairs and complain with me while playing clubs?

Be right there.

sneaky77

Menelaus said:
Looks like East is up to 53 games this season, while West is at 32. Good job picking up the pace, guys.

I could swear sometimes no matter what happens the game just doesn't want you to win.

Menelaus said:
They've made no bones about putting FUT and H2H as the only things they care about. I'm not holding out any hope.

Well they may tweak some of the mechanics behind tactical defending, but will consider it 'minor changes' which means it won't get the same press the big problems will get. That could help clubs considerably. We will see though.

sneaky77

Awesome Animals said:
Well they may tweak some of the mechanics behind tactical defending, but will consider it 'minor changes' which means it won't get the same press the big problems will get. That could help clubs considerably. We will see though.

I don't expect a lot, considering the "game seemingly deciding when to change momentum" has been there for a few yrs already.

The only issue would be the speed of defenders, but the alternative is the issue last yr when it was just over the top to speedy guys and that got really boring, so I kind of like this yr better cause it forces a little more passing play.

sneaky77 said:
I don't expect a lot, considering the "game seemingly deciding when to change momentum" has been there for a few yrs already.

Well, that has been in every EA game since the beginning of Electronic Arts. "Fuck You" Mode.

sneaky77

Awesome Animals said:
Well, that has been in every EA game since the beginning of Electronic Arts. "Fuck You" Mode.

There has been games where you can almost feel the game is fucking with you to give the other team a chance to get back or something.

omgkitty

sneaky77 said:
There has been games where you can almost feel the game is fucking with you to give the other team a chance to get back or something.

This is probably one of the most annoying parts of online play. There are just some games I feel like I was destined to lose. You just start playing and you just seemingly cannot make anything happen, and none of it has to do with the other player. It's almost as if your players stats have been cut in half or something. This also seems to happen UT and in important cup matches. The other team seemingly just plays much better than normal, and the games are just harder. Sure, this could be seen as more accurate and realistic, but that's not always the case and most times it just comes off as frustrating.

Top Bottom