• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 |OT| LOVE FOOTBALL, PLAY FOOTBALL

CozMick said:
Anyone with an early copy know the stars for Stoke City?

I swear if they are still 3 stars I will cancel my pre order...

I had the early release version from the EA Season Ticket. I can't check it since it no longer works and I need to wait for my retail copy to show up today, but I'm pretty sure from what I remember that there wasn't any Premier League teams rated under 3.5 stars.

ShogunX

Anybody devoting time Ultimate Team?

If there where enough people it would be great to have an Ultimate team thread in the community section where people can trade players (Buy/sell) and arrange friendlies ect ect

Edit - Stoke are a Four star team. Fulham are somehow Four and a half :|

psilva

I've got a problem, guys. I've had the game since Saturday, and I've reached a point where playing with a four-star team I will lose 5x0 against a weaker club on one difficulty, but if I drop it one difficulty level I will beat a stronger club 5x0. This has left me really upset; I can't find anything close to a balance. And I hate to say it, but it's the defending. Like I said earlier, when successful, TD is very rewarding. But with this major difference in results based on the difficulty (at least for me), and the defending clearly being the game changer, I'm left very unhappy. Oh well. Only time will tell if I find my balance. :(

ShogunX

psilva said:
I've got a problem, guys. I've had the game since Saturday, and I've reached a point where playing with a four-star team I will lose 5x0 against a weaker club on one difficulty, but if I drop it one difficulty level I will beat a stronger club 5x0. This has left me really upset; I can't find anything close to a balance. And I hate to say it, but it's the defending. Like I said earlier, when successful, TD is very rewarding. But with this major difference in results based on the difficulty (at least for me), and the defending clearly being the game changer, I'm left very unhappy. Oh well. Only time will tell if I find my balance. :(

Sounds like you need to have a bit of a mess around with the slider bars in the settings. With them you can adjust a lot of things and make the game either a lot or slightly easier on certain difficulties.

let's just say people are going to be using these sliders to boost their online Pro's very quickly. Obviously you can create a more balanced game rather than making it too easy.

Menelaus

Banned
It just occurred to me that there's a 90% chance the EA servers are going to be down tonight because of the Battlefield 3 beta launch today.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Menelaus said:
It just occurred to me that there's a 90% chance the EA servers are going to be down tonight because of the Battlefield 3 beta launch today.
Let's be realistic. FIFA 12 is a bigger game than BF3.
If it's down it's more likely due to FIFA. (It's available in stores in Germany since this morning. Seems like the official release date was moved up.)

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Menelaus said:

You weren't actually planning on playing clubs or anything were you? Or texting me back? :mad:

I figure most of us will be chatting tonight while doing some single player practice. If the servers are up we might try a clubs match, but I expect pros to be above starting level. We got a record to defend!

QVT said:
You weren't actually planning on playing clubs or anything were you? Or texting me back? :mad:

I figure most of us will be chatting tonight while doing some single player practice. If the servers are up we might try a clubs match, but I expect pros to be above starting level. We got a record to defend!

Yea, we need to level up pros as fast as possible. Did you say that cheesing wouldn't work this year?

Menelaus

Banned
QVT said:

Just saw your text. I'll be home, but probably won't have time to play after I eat and install the game.

And yes, Awesome and I will be clubbing tonight =O

Menelaus said:
Just saw your text. I'll be home, but probably won't have time to play after I eat and install the game.

And yes, Awesome and I will be clubbing tonight =O

Yep, I'll be on when I get home until about 8 EST, and then after 10 EST - ?? Fuck Employment!

Menelaus

Banned
Awesome Animals said:
Yep, I'll be on when I get home until about 8 EST, and then after 10 EST - ?? Fuck Employment!
Ok, so we club from 6-8 eastern, I go play BF3 until 10, then resume clubbing.

I already informed the wife not to speak to me tonight.

You know what else is going to be enjoyable? Listening to the new Wilco album while playing FIFA 12.

Menelaus said:

lol, my gf is super worried about this weekend. Coming all the way from Chi, just to watch me play FIFA. :p

QVT

Menelaus said:

You mean, so we sit there complaining about the ea servers from 6-8 eastern, then resume doing that later. Maybe we can get some late night stuff going though, we'll see. Let the kids fall asleep.

Yeah, check this out: it's Jew Holidays. I'm flying solo from tomorrow until SATURDAY. She's gonna come home to like 4 pizza boxes and a pee bottle.

QVT said:
You mean, so we sit there complaining about the ea servers from 6-8 eastern, then resume doing that later. Maybe we can get some late night stuff going though, we'll see. Let the kids fall asleep.

Yeah, check this out: it's Jew Holidays. I'm flying solo from tomorrow until SATURDAY. She's gonna come home to like 4 pizza boxes and a pee bottle.

May as well get a catheter!

JWong

Banned
Menelaus said:
They're separate servers. Most BF3 servers are dedicated and treated differently than FIFA matchmaking servers.

QVT

JWong said:
They're separate servers. Most BF3 servers are dedicated and treated differently than FIFA matchmaking servers.

I'll mail you a check for one thousand us dollars if the EA servers don't go down.

Shagwell

UPS truck was right outside and delivered packages to all my neighbors but nada for me.

WHERE IS MY FIFA 12 YOU CRUEL BASTARDS?! :(

Shagwell said:
UPS truck was right outside and delivered packages to all my neighbors but nada for me.

WHERE IS MY FIFA 12 YOU CRUEL BASTARDS?! :(

Atleast you will be getting it within the next 2 days. I have to wait an entire week due to ToysRUs being wankers and only *Shipping* today! I wonder if that $15 was worth it... that's like 2 or 3 sandwiches for lunch =/

I just received mine today. Even though, I've been playing it through Season Ticket, I'm excited to have it in my hands.

Amazon even gave me a code for a free Fathead wall graphic. LA Galaxy all the way.

Shagwell

yellow submarine said:
Atleast you will be getting it within the next 2 days. I have to wait an entire week due to ToysRUs being wankers and only *Shipping* today! I wonder if that $15 was worth it... that's like 2 or 3 sandwiches for lunch =/
No mate...the annoying thing is I saw the stupid UPS wanker outside the street and went out in anticipation only to find nothing delivered to me but an array of packages delivered to the rest of the street. Then I go on the UPS site and it says residential deliveries happen up to three times a day and these sometimes arrive as late as 7pm.

Now I refresh and it says it was delivered at my front door at 1:52pm. No it fucking wasn't. I'm fuming

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
mjfor40 said:
So how is it?
I'm having a blast.

I'm playing as Bayern.

8 matches:
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Inter
Real Madrid
Chelsea
Manchester City
Barcelona
Real Madrid

Of course Barca and Real will be more heavenly favored, but this is alright.
I hope they have some heuristics in there that maybe remembers the last 3 teams you've played again. This can now factor into the matchmaking as they ask you for your team before you search.

Shagwell

JLG- said:
Waiting for the UPS man..
I hope you have better luck than me mate. Here I am arguing on the phone with their customer service because they're adamant it must have been at my doorstep, or at least a notice.

I've been here the whole time and saw him come from my window. Never came near my doorstep. Fucking UPS.

mjfor40

So what are the key online changes for this year?

99% of the time I am doing quick ranked matches on FIFA (09, 10, 11) and never anything else. Is there any game-changer with online ranked matches?

mjfor40 said:
So what are the key online changes for this year?

99% of the time I am doing quick ranked matches on FIFA (09, 10, 11) and never anything else. Is there any game-changer with online ranked matches?

Well, if you haven't been reading about or playing with Tactical Defending in the demo; I suspect you will be posting in this thread about that soon =)

lush

Just got my package, my Game Face looks great but the complexion makes me look like a vampire. Redid it and tweaked the contrast and red in the pictures, hopefully it turns out better. Picked a better complexion as well.

edit - Fuck yeah....

Menelaus

Banned
lush said:
Just got my package, my Game Face looks great but the complexion makes me look like a vampire. Redid it and tweaked the contrast and red in the pictures, hopefully it turns out better. Picked a better complexion as well.

edit - Fuck yeah....
How are you picking a complexion? It won't let me if I import my face.

lush

Menelaus said:
How are you picking a complexion? It won't let me if I import my face.
Once you import your front and side pictures and get them mapped out it has you select a complexion. Originally my pictures had very poor lighting so my face ended up looking blue, so I messed around with the contrast/red/brightness settings and it all worked out fairly well. My head ended up looking kind of small though.

Menelaus

Banned
It's very strange. If I use last year's pics, my complexion looks perfect on the website. In the game, however, I look like John Redcorn fell asleep in the sun.

lush

Menelaus said:
It's very strange. If I use last year's pics, my complexion looks perfect on the website. In the game, however, I look like John Redcorn fell asleep in the sun.
Yeah, the website and game differ greatly in that regard. Wish you could edit your Game Face a bit in game.

Desaan

I find you get the best translations from picture to website to in game if the photo's you use are set on a white background. It seems to help picking out skin tones mostly.

Top Bottom