• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 |OT| LOVE FOOTBALL, PLAY FOOTBALL

Menelaus

Banned
Lots (and i mean lots) of people complaining to Romily about people playing as the keepers in H2H. It sounds like that option may be getting removed sooner than later.

Menelaus said:
Same exact game, 1/20th the community.
Ouch. I'm assuming it'll be on Origin. I should have considered this option myself. I'm actually not a huge online FIFA player. I just keep buying it on the 360 and telling myself I will play it online.

NinjaKixx

Banned
Menelaus said:
Same exact game, 1/20th the community.

Works for me, I think between Fifa 09, 10, and 11 on PS3 I played maybe 4 online matches...Never had fun online because everyone only chose Man-U, Barca, and Madrid. Also boring playing against through ball spammers.

Decado

Is the career mode broken again this year? Last year the reviewers failed to mention that rather significant bug :\

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Slizz said:
Where is the quick ranked match option?
The first option under Online is quick ranked match. (Marked NEW)

Instead of just levels they built a small meta-game around it though, so now you're playing levels and seasons and it seems like even championships.
Very amusing. But in the end it's a quick ranked match at this point.

Fry

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
They need to do 4 people so we can add the sexy Kuyt to the cover.

tTN3w.jpg

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Menelaus said:
Lots (and i mean lots) of people complaining to Romily about people playing as the keepers in H2H. It sounds like that option may be getting removed sooner than later.

Can someone explain what that means exactly? I dont get it.

Bumhead

Banned
NinjaKixx said:
Thinking of buying it on PC...How does it stack up to its console counterparts?

I'll be playing on PC so feel free to give me a shout if you do want to play some online.

I think there will be a decent community for it on PC this year but, like you I can take it or leave it. I tend to find playing FIFA online pretty frustrating, although the new league and divisional system they've devised sounds interesting.

Foob

Not looking forward to getting off work and popping this in to find arteta and ramsey's faces instead of Cesc and nasri

JWong

Banned
Toma said:
Can someone explain what that means exactly? I dont get it.
Me neither. I don't even see how it is an exploit.

It's even worse when you have it set as manual and stick yourself on a striker because human GKs suck.

Just won my first online Seasons game. PHI 2 - 0 TFC. :D

Sucks that I can't use legacy defending online but I adjusted the controls at half-time and pulled away with the win.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
any major diffrences between the ps3 and 360 versions?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
DR3AM said:
any major diffrences between the ps3 and 360 versions?

Half-jokingly:

The size of the gaf community.

Stubo

Fry8 said:
I wasn't a big fan of the rain on the previous Fifa's. Did they improve it by any chance?
I feel like this is a stupid question, but what didn't you like about it?

(I don't have 12 yet, I'm just curious...)

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
one more question, how are the penalty kicks? please tell me ea made some changes to the pentaly system

Toma

BatmanBatmanBatman said:
http://youtu.be/XehJPYT02DU

Think he might touch it after all, was hard to see at the replay even when zoomed in though if he did. That was my first throw in though, if you can score that easily on throw ins, it's going to be bloody online with good throwers, lol.

Yup, touched it.
If you concentrate on the ball, you see that the ball takes a slit hit at the goal keeper.

Still, its a rule where I wouldnt be surprised if they forgot to put that rule in.

Stubo

DR3AM said:
one more question, how are the penalty kicks? please tell me ea made some changes to the pentaly system
It seemed the same as 11's in the demo. It's not so bad once you try it a few times with the aiming reticule visible. You just have to get used to the timing and not hold the stick for too long.

Top Bottom