• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 |OT| LOVE FOOTBALL, PLAY FOOTBALL

Heavy said:
For online play (PC) can you filter teams available to pick by their star ratings? So you don't see people choosing Man U and Barca and the other top teams over and over
Anybody? I vaguely remember that you could do this in FIFA 11

Carbonox

For those with the Special Edition, the three free packs of Ultimate Team are out. I've just spent like two hours turning my shitty 50+/60+ OVR team in to a 4 and a half star 75+/83 OVR team through primarily trading. :lol

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
how to i change the controls to make it like fifa 11. 360 version

elsk

Banned
Menelaus said:
I almost never tackle using B. A combination of using A up close and just straight up running into people works better with less fouls.

What. You can tackle using A in FIFA 12? I was pretty sure they remove that "option".

Carbonox

It's now 4:46am and I just finished my FIFA 12 session for the 'day'. Time to hit the sack. Christ. Ultimate Team is some phenomenal shit.

sixghost

odd_morsel said:
It's a standing tackle.
Standing tackle is the manual "tactical defending" thing. You can still sort of run into the ball and your player with kind of sort of make a tackle. It works maybe 10% as well as it did in 11, since they are trying to push the tactical defending thing.

All I know is the tackle stats are fucked in this game. So many times when I make a good tackle the game will somehow register it as 3 separate tackles, and record me being successful in 1 of them.

GorillaJu

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
It's now 4:46am and I just finished my FIFA 12 session for the 'day'. Time to hit the sack. Christ. Ultimate Team is some phenomenal shit.
Are you playing online tournaments? I keep getting ripped apart by people with super pacey forwards.

My team is 2 stars all bronze with 100 chem and despite this I've pulled off a few incredible goals. I still have only won one time though.

Im learning to be more passive on defense and concentrate on going for the interception instead of the tackle. It seems like everyone else has no problem tackling though.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
SuperSonic1305 said:
Some questions about virtual pro.

1. Can you ask for a sub/be subbed?
2. How do you call for a cross?

press A on the contoller (360)

EA's Ultimate Team servers are melting down, the UT web app isn't letting anyone log on right now.

I'd hate to be the developer in Vancouver who's getting paged right now and being asked to come in to fix a virtual card trading game on Friday night =/

GorillaJu

Whenever I beat someone who chooses Barça or Real I can't help but shit talk after I beat them. Spanked this guy 4-0 and sent "Choose best team. Lose. gg"

Pretty sure he was mad bro

NoRéN

odd_morsel said:
Whenever I beat someone who chooses Barça or Real I can't help but shit talk after I beat them. Spanked this guy 4-0 and sent "Choose best team. Lose. gg"

How mature.

Seriously though, I hope thy person doesn't find your address and shows up at your doorstep.

odd_morsel said:

Who do you play as?

Not really directed at you but some people play as 5-star teams say Chelsea or Man U and then bitch about Barca and Real

Wazzim

Banned
How's FC Porto in FIFA12? They were useless in 11 but I kept using them just for fun with friends, I really hope they're actually solid this time around.

Desaan

Wazzim said:
How's FC Porto in FIFA12? They were useless in 11 but I kept using them just for fun with friends, I really hope they're actually solid this time around.

Hulk & Verela are total monsters, especially Varela.

Fjordson

Man, I'm really stuck between difficulties in career mode right now. Finding Professional to be sort of easy, with most games ending up 2-0 or 3-0, but if I bump it up to World Class I just get beat every time by 3-4 goals =( calls for more practice I guess

GorillaJu

Saren is Bad said:
Who do you play as?

Not really directed at you but some people play as 5-star teams say Chelsea or Man U and then bitch about Barca and Real
I play as Atletico. No slouch of a team I know, but there's just something supremely boring and aggravating about people who choose the best team in a sports game or the best character in a fighting game. I faced 3 Barças in a row, then Real followed by another Barça. It's frustrating, and people deserve a bit of a verbal spanking if they eschew any sense of sportsmanship for a team that is the best in every way. Especially if they lose :p

NoRéN

odd_morsel said:
I play as Atletico. No slouch of a team I know, but there's just something supremely boring and aggravating about people who choose the best team in a sports game or the best character in a fighting game. I faced 3 Barças in a row, then Real followed by another Barça. It's frustrating, and people deserve a bit of a verbal spanking if they eschew any sense of sportsmanship for a team that is the best in every way. Especially if they lose :p
I use Bayer Leverkusen. I can see where you are coming from. not a bad team but barca can move the ball like a dream.

Pachimari

I keep drawing and losing both in Career and Online, what do I have to do to get a win?
When I score a goal, others score one against me. When I score two, they score to at me.

I feel like this is a lost cause lol.
I'm at the bottom (20th) as Real Madrid in Career with 2 points after 7 matches lol.

mxgt

Banned
Just got Ronaldinho in a pack, aw yeah.

Should get me some nice coins, holy fuck is UT addictive.

edit: sold for 30k, nice profit!

Ardenyal

Fjordson said:
Man, I'm really stuck between difficulties in career mode right now. Finding Professional to be sort of easy, with most games ending up 2-0 or 3-0, but if I bump it up to World Class I just get beat every time by 3-4 goals =( calls for more practice I guess
Same for me. Kind of weird when i can beat the AI in ultimate team on world class difficulty with my crappy team no problem but in career mode it's incredibly frustrating to play against the AI on world class difficulty.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/95743654
That's how my games have gone in Ligue 1 with OL... :(

So who can teach me how to attack? I'm nearly always keeping clean sheets (still think the new defending is dick however). But when I attack I never seem to be able to dribble round players. For the cpu, they just stop, cut it in and then run round me and it's in one fluid motion. My players feel janky as shit and always end up getting tackled. I'm fine in exhibition matches were I can choose to play more attacking than balanced, but in career I'm only a reserve so can't change that option.

Carbonox

odd_morsel said:
Are you playing online tournaments? I keep getting ripped apart by people with super pacey forwards.

My team is 2 stars all bronze with 100 chem and despite this I've pulled off a few incredible goals. I still have only won one time though.

Im learning to be more passive on defense and concentrate on going for the interception instead of the tackle. It seems like everyone else has no problem tackling though.

I haven't touched the online tournaments yet but I did win a single player tournament. Was bloody tough as the difficulty is stuck on World Class.

My team is pretty decent and Sturridge is boss, but I still need to work on getting better players. Low 80's is still decent though. Scored Lugano last night (81 OVR) for only a few hundred points. Some people are stupid when it comes to trading their players. :lol

I want to build a really good team before I start playing against humans in UT.

Messi

Kylehimself said:
So who can teach me how to attack? I'm nearly always keeping clean sheets (still think the new defending is dick however). But when I attack I never seem to be able to dribble round players. For the cpu, they just stop, cut it in and then run round me and it's in one fluid motion. My players feel janky as shit and always end up getting tackled. I'm fine in exhibition matches were I can choose to play more attacking than balanced, but in career I'm only a reserve so can't change that option.

this x1000000

Kikarian

Kylehimself said:
This. It's easy for the opposition to run past me. I've got used to the attacking now. I thinks it mainly pass & move. No other option, other than get lucky and run passed the defender.

LabouredSubterfuge said:
I've found massively increasing the acceleration slider has, you know, made dribbling in the slightest bit useful and realistic.
I don't want to touch the sliders, feels like cheating. Do you think it actually puts you on a level playing field with the cpu?

Kikarian

LabouredSubterfuge said:
I've found massively increasing the acceleration slider has, you know, made dribbling in the slightest bit useful and realistic.
Put the shot power bar/shooting bar up and shoot from the Half Way line. xD

Kylehimself said:
I don't want to touch the sliders, feels like cheating. Do you think it actually puts you on a level playing field with the cpu?

Everything I do on the user side I put on on the CPU side so they get the same.

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Everything I do on the user side I put on on the CPU side so they get the same.

Wait..now I'm curious, can you please answer these questions

- Which sliders do you move and by how much?

- What level do you play at?

I'm looking for a way for defending to be a little more bearable.

immortal-joe said:
Wait..now I'm curious, can you please answer these questions

- Which sliders do you move and by how much?

- What level do you play at?

I'm looking for a way for defending to be a little more bearable.

Sprint speed - 53
Acceleration - 80
Pass speed - 63
Marker tracking - 40
Marking width - 40
Full back runs - 58

Apply to both user and CPU.

Currently playing at Professional.

SumGamer

Kylehimself said:

This. I also found my striker standing still staring at the ball far too often, and his reaction aint shit either. Felt cheated.

sneaky77

Kylehimself said:

what level is your pro?

Desaan

SumGamer said:
This. I also found my striker standing still staring at the ball far too often, and his reaction aint shit either. Felt cheated.

You can always hit L1 (PS3) to force a player to make a run.

Carbonox

Desaan said:

I've been quite annoyed with player runs as they take too long to start making the run. Maybe it's been nerfed a bit to stop abuse but still, it makes playing a bit of a pain at times.

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Sprint speed - 53
Acceleration - 80
Pass speed - 63
Marker tracking - 40
Marking width - 40
Full back runs - 58

Apply to both user and CPU.

Currently playing at Professional.

Also set CPU pass error at 100. Leave it at 50 for the user unless you're on auto passing though - semi or manual and you'll still likely struggle to match the CPU anyway. The completion rate is still usually a much higher percentage than you'd get in a real match, but it certainly makes the opposition feel less robotic.

SHarris78

Has anyone's players names changed when starting a tournament?

I started a Premier League season as Swansea and all the players names have been changed to randoms, their photos are all correct however.

SumGamer

Desaan said:
I always manual control when they are unresponsive, but I shouldn't need to nitpick everything when his reaction is almost 80.

Funny thing about it is that this rarely happened when playing exhibition. So I'm wondering if morale is playing part here. Eleven games in and only a couple of them up to green.

JWong

Banned
SumGamer said:
I'm actually trying to make my attackers stop running because they just run out of stamina when I don't need them to run.

Damn they just do it way too often. Especially my damn Full Backs running all the way up the wing.

Top Bottom