• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 |OT| LOVE FOOTBALL, PLAY FOOTBALL

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Wessiej said:
The H2H seasons mode is the best online mode ever made,,...ever.

Just had my first online match, Ajax-Newcastle. It was on of the most awesome matches I had in my Fifa-history. Ended in 2-2 though, hit the bar in the last minute...
Yesterday I was promoted. Then I got some horrible matches and only had 6 points after 9 matches. So I had to win the last one. (8 are required to stay in the league.)

Who do I get matched against? Barca. Oh no!

I ended up winning 4-0, but it made basically a random matchmaking game more meaningful to me. It's a small meta-game addition that makes quite a difference.

On a different topic, I got disconnected from my opponent for no reason and it was counted as a loss. I was still connected to EA in the lower right hand corner, so there was no actual outage on my end. Things like that are of course more noticeable with the season mode.

SumGamer

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
I've been steamrolling career mode so far. Up to the January transfer window and have only lost 2 games. The new defending system is awkward but I've found that using X (PS3) to hustle players in to making mistakes or going back to their goal's direction, then timing interceptions/tackles when they do (or hold R1 to bring in another player which works in a corner), makes things easier than just running around like a twat and hitting O every time, hoping you get one in.

Online's a different matter. :lol I feel like a noob and I've been playing this franchise since the early days.

Are you playing NUFC? What difficulty are you playing? Do you have problem passing? I found passes directed to unintended player far too often. Players seem unresponsive pretty much most of the time :( I have no fun playing right now at World Class.

Pachimari

I feel real bad at this game now, weird. Have drawn 2 and lost 4, and in one of them I were clearly the better player, with me attacking from left-back position with José Angel (AS Roma) and getting up to his box and attempting a shot. But I love Head to Head.

GorillaJu

I'm really starting to enjoy this. Atletico is my FIFA 12 team no question. Falcao Reyes Turan is too much fun.

It seems like I've met a lot of people already who abuse the keeper tactic on defense. Maybe I'm just behind the curve too much on TD.

On the other hand I have had a few games where I dribbled past defenders like they werent their so it's clear not everyone is cheating. I seem to score the most off of crosses where people score on me by dragging my shitty defenders out of position then belting one in from the edge of the box. Still a long way to go. :(

Fry

odd_morsel said:
I'm really starting to enjoy this. Atletico is my FIFA 12 team no question. Falcao Reyes Turan is too much fun.

... and Diego

They are definitely one of my teams as well. Won't be overly picked online, and has an attacking force that can beat anyone.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Have they removed that pressing back to play as keeper and auto defend bullshit yet? I've only played about 3 online games and am convinced it was being used in every game since when I got the ball I would look on the radar and their keeper would always suddenly run off to a very random position

Qatar

imo, Fifa 12 has far worse soundtrack than most of the previous Fifa games.
I always enjoy Fifa soundtrack, but this year, not so much

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Qatar said:

Except for Switchblade Smiles. That rocks my face off

Spat_triate

PC GAF, I have been getting the message "The EA Servers are currently unavailable" for the past 3 days. Is there a solution to this issue? I can't even download updated rosters halp!! :(

omgkitty

Qatar said:

I don't hate it, but this soundtrack seems very heavily electronically based. I am pretty sure I heard some Wobble bass at one point too.

Nemic77

Qatar said:

I agree. Compared to Fifa 11, which in my opinion had the best soundtrack of them all, this year's version is quite poor.

Only stand out tracks are from Cut Copy, Digitalism and Architecture in Helsinki.

For online play (PC) can you filter teams available to pick by their star ratings? So you don't see people choosing Man U and Barca and the other top teams over and over

Audioboxer

I redeemed my Ultimate Team Gold packs voucher (came with special edition), anyone know when I can start receiving the free packs?

Audioboxer

Desaan said:
On the 1st of every month (says so on the voucher) :p

Oops so it does :p

So I'm correct in saying redeeming the code itself shouldn't even give you one pack, we've to wait till tomorrow for our first pack?

I still hate this new defending. I love how even the lowest teams can just turn me every time I try to tackle. However, by comparison my players feel sluggish.

Hixx

Fuck. Asked the parents to get the game when they went shopping, completely forgot to say 360 version. So 2 weeks of prepping my UT team down the pan.

Damn my laziness.

JWong

Banned
HixxSAFC said:
Fuck. Asked the parents to get the game when they went shopping, completely forgot to say 360 version. So 2 weeks of prepping my UT team down the pan.

Damn my laziness.
They got you the 3DS version?
35jilu9.png

sixghost

I'm still not getting any better with the defending system. They've seemingly removed all the player's ability to tackle unless you use B. It's ridiculous how easy it is to go around people just by holding LT and cutting. Every single player is Messi against me. It really doesn't help that the tackle animation doesn't even come out some of the time.

Menelaus

Banned
sixghost said:
They've seemingly removed all the player's ability to tackle unless you use B.
I almost never tackle using B. A combination of using A up close and just straight up running into people works better with less fouls.

Carbonox

I have no idea how the fuck Ultimate Team works but I'm bloody addicted to it now. In previous game/s that used Ultimate Team, I never bothered trying it. I am now and it reminds me of when I was a kid collecting football stickers! :D

Hixx

So, first game. Got beat off the Mags, 0-1, fucking spammed lofted through balls all game and one came off in last minute, Ba's pace against Turner and Brown no brainer. The CPU spamming the lofted through ball has me very, very worried...

Rematch, 6-1, even my new pro got a diving header goal.

Worrying about online prospects as SAFC... defence is solid but slow, midfield is slow but Gardner always seemed to pick up balls on the edge of the box... up front Sess and Bendtner are good. Any team with pace will be very, very difficult to beat though :(

Time to sort out UT, completely from scratch due to a purchasing bollock up :(

Any PS3 lads fancy a game: jonno73. No mic cos I don't do a lot of online on PS3.

Also, why do virtual pro achievements keep repeating every time I go to the main menu. Its quite annoying.

spidye

Hieberrr said:
PS3 + Custom Chants from the FIFA 11 chants packs found online = GODLY. It makes the game so much better.
please tell me where you found them. I tried google but failed.
is there a bayern chant pack too? that would be soooooo awesome

edit: should have read the page :/

sixghost

Menelaus said:
I almost never tackle using B. A combination of using A up close and just straight up running into people works better with less fouls.
Are you talking online or against the CPU? I haven't played a game online yet, but the legendary CPU will never let you take the ball like that. It always a cutback and they get right around you.

Audioboxer

I really suck at Fifa haha. Picked up Fifa 11 last year and didn't play too much of it.

I just can't seem to get the hang of building up a decent attack, specifically some issues with dribbling and beating players. On Amateur of course I can win easily, going higher up best I can usually do against the CPU is draw 0-0.

Not ventured online with 11, or 12, so far. Feel I'll get my ass handed to me, especially with learning the new tactical defending.

I think my years gone by of an arcadey PES taught me many bad lessons on my path to a more realistic football game lol.

Arnie

Housemate bought it today, just played a game, it met my expectations, as in it was pretty poor.

Terrible team AI means little movement which completely dulls down the experience. Like the new volleying, an addition that was sorely needed, although volleys now seem really easy to score which is rather silly. There was two volleys in my game which ended 3-1. Glad I didn't rush out and buy it day one like other years.

Also, don't know whether it's because we were playing on an SD tv but the gap between the pitch and the crowd at Anfield was abnormally large, like twice the size.

Good god, I've become addicted to Ultimate Team.

Thanks to not having the game in my hands yet, I spent a lot of time and energy into understanding FUT. Last year I got suckered into buying a few Allard points worth of stuff, which made me feel very dirty because of my usual micro-transaction-horse-armor hate. This year, I will not be buying anything with real money.

I've been able to use the "10 days of gifts" that they ran with FUT to get about 1k in coins and some cards to start with. And then I've been trading like a mad man on the auction house ever since then. I'm up to about 8k coins now. That's probably small fry to most everyone, but I also have 3 full bronze teams with 100 chemistry that I had to buy individually at ~250 coins a pop.

Now I am glued to the UT web app, selling and relisting auctions every hour! Man I never thought I'd get so involved in this schoolboy card trading bullshit, but they've got me hook, line and sinker this year.

Can't wait to get the actual game in my hands (hopefully that estimated delivery date moves up sooner than 10/10) and play with my 100 chem squads!

NoRéN

Superimposer said:
Except for Switchblade Smiles. That rocks my face off
Kasabian never disappoints.

Took me a while but the game finally clicked. Playing on world class now and I can win some, lose some. Defending has become much easier. However I am finding scoring a header off a cross way too difficult.

Well I'm in a state of shock.

I just played a Head to Head game, we both picked Liverpool.

After 20 mins, I'd scored 4 goals and was wondering how this person managed to get promoted to the Division I'm in.

Final score? 4-6. I swear it was a totally different person playing.

JWong

Banned
Jaded Alyx said:
Well I'm in a state of shock.

I just played a Head to Head game, we both picked Liverpool.

After 20 mins, I'd scored 4 goals and was wondering how this person managed to get promoted to the Division I'm in.

Final score? 4-6. I swear it was a totally different person playing.
I think you were actually using Arsenal. ;)

Hixx

Arnie said:
Housemate bought it today, just played a game, it met my expectations, as in it was pretty poor.

Terrible team AI means little movement which completely dulls down the experience. Like the new volleying, an addition that was sorely needed, although volleys now seem really easy to score which is rather silly. There was two volleys in my game which ended 3-1. Glad I didn't rush out and buy it day one like other years.

Also, don't know whether it's because we were playing on an SD tv but the gap between the pitch and the crowd at Anfield was abnormally large, like twice the size.

Yeah I'm not seeing this. My fullbacks are constantly on the overlap, my front two running the channels, my midfielders always making space on the edge of the box.

Arnie said:
It is huge. First thing I noticed.

sixghost said:
Are you talking online or against the CPU? I haven't played a game online yet, but the legendary CPU will never let you take the ball like that. It always a cutback and they get right around you.
Every god damn time. Getting on my wick to be honest.

rvy

Banned
best-dinho2rwd.gif

best-dinho-2ror9.gif

best-dinho-3krbt.gif

best-dinho-45rds.gif

best-dinho-5ypp0.gif

King 'Dinho is back. You bitches best recognize. If you don't, he'll make you.

Come back to Yurop, best 'Dinho. Best 'Dinho is best player :(

Top Bottom