• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 |OT| LOVE FOOTBALL, PLAY FOOTBALL

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Sprint speed - 53
Acceleration - 80
Pass speed - 63
Marker tracking - 40
Marking width - 40
Full back runs - 58

Apply to both user and CPU.

Currently playing at Professional.

Much appreciated - will try this out and report back later. Seems interesting.

TheDrowningMan said:
Also set CPU pass error at 100. Leave it at 50 for the user unless you're on auto passing though - semi or manual and you'll still likely struggle to match the CPU anyway. The completion rate is still usually a much higher percentage than you'd get in a real match, but it certainly makes the opposition feel less robotic.

Interesting, I'll check it.

Choc

Banned
cjelly said:
Urgh, sliders in FIFA. Leave that shit in the NA sports games, EA.

Explain why it is so wrong for non NA games to have this. Players being able to customise the game to their exact level is brilliant.

I don't get why its such an issue.

cjelly said:
Urgh, sliders in FIFA. Leave that shit in the NA sports games, EA.

I wouldn't have bought the game without them. There are some fundamental problems with the speed of certain things in the game. At least they've provided tools to fix them.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
LabouredSubterfuge said:
I wouldn't have bought the game without them. There are some fundamental problems with the speed of certain things in the game. At least they've provided tools to fix them.
This is why I don't like them. It's basically laziness on EA's part.

Joe

so how do I get better at defense? Played about 20 games online and I let in an obscene amount of goals...

sneaky77

Joe said:
so how do I get better at defense? Played about 20 games online and I let in an obscene amount of goals...

practice? I am not having that many issues, but it hasn't really changed the way I defend from previous yrs all that much anyway

Charles said:
Downloaded my gameface and now my virtual pro has purple skin...I'm white btw.

Has this happened to anyone?

LSNpZ.gif

Anybody else rarely win balls in the air?

Edit:

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Sprint speed - 53
Acceleration - 80
Pass speed - 63
Marker tracking - 40
Marking width - 40
Full back runs - 58

Apply to both user and CPU.

Currently playing at Professional.
just changed both player and CPU settings to these and now having more success attacking. More fluid.

JLG-

Finally getting used to the new defense and i have to say i'm having a blast. Really fun and all the game modes are great.

bwtw

Neo Member
Kylehimself said:
Anybody else rarely win balls in the air?

Heading takes a while to get a hang of. You can't just hold the jostle button and hope to win headers, you need to get your player into a good position for the header and then time the header.

Just noticed there that as you try and attack, the cpu's defensive line just stay in perfect formation. It really is ridiculous that you ever get a chance to score. At first I hated the defending, now I'm used to it, I still hate it but also dislike the attacking. cpu is just to robotic and precise.

sixghost

Kylehimself said:
Just noticed there that as you try and attack, the cpu's defensive line just stay in perfect formation. It really is ridiculous that you ever get a chance to score. At first I hated the defending, now I'm used to it, I still hate it but also dislike the attacking. cpu is just to robotic and precise.
It's just compensation for all the easy ways people have figured out to consistently beat the CPU. Rather than fix the general AI they just make it so the CPU obscenely good at certain things.

The CPU still has no answer for 1-2s and fake crosses. It's been like this in FIFA forever, the CPU dominates the center of the pitch, the human player dominates the wings. I still score a good 75% of my goals from crosses or plays that start from me beating the fullback with a 1-2 or dribbling.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
yellow submarine said:
For all of those with UT disconnection problems, the word on the street is that custom tactics are causing the crash.

And by word on the street, I mean the official EA FIFA forums.

And why am I visiting that cesspool of depravity and inhumanity you ask? Because I pre-ordered my game from TRU and they won't be delivering until 10 days from now or something ridiculous like that. So I have to go somewhere to get my fill of UT information =/

I love this game but I am having this exact issue. It's utterly infuriating and ruining a game completely for me that is otherwise great.

What exactly am I supposed to do to fix it though? Or is there no fix?

PaulLFC

I've been told there's a bug in online head to head matches where you can press Back to control the keeper, at which point the CPU takes over defensive duties, allowing players who aren't accomplished with the new defending yet to win the ball back with ease. Is that true? Massive oversight on EA's part if it is, they'd better patch that out.

sneaky77

PaulLFC said:
I've been told there's a bug in online head to head matches where you can press Back to control the keeper, at which point the CPU takes over defensive duties, allowing players who aren't accomplished with the new defending yet to win the ball back with ease. Is that true? Massive oversight on EA's part if it is, they'd better patch that out.

Is not really a bug, and that has always been there. Previous yrs you could just select manual switching and only control the forward while the rest of the AI defended for you..

the AI ain't great, you just have to be patient, at least in the matches I have encountered of people doing this, which always seem to be they were using Colombia for some reason.

sixghost

PaulLFC said:
What about that is a bug? Pressing back to control the keeper is a feature they added to the game (I don't know when I would ever use it though). When you are controlling the keeper, the CPU would obviously control the defense, as you controlling the goalkeeper.

It's just a lame tactic that people are using to get wins in the short run, because they would rather not learn how to play defense, as it requires more skill than holding A and sprint. The people whom they are cheesing will eventually become better players, while the people that are abusing it will never improve and likely quit the game once people start beating them.

I really don't see what they could do about it, since turning off auto-switching and controlling a lone striker while on defense would do virtually the same thing.

sneaky77

sixghost said:
What about that is a bug? Pressing back to control the keeper is a feature they added to the game (I don't know when I would ever use it though). When you are controlling the keeper, the CPU would obviously control the defense, as you controlling the goalkeeper.

It's just a lame tactic that people are using to get wins in the short run, because they would rather not learn how to play defense, as it requires more skill than holding A and sprint. The people whom they are cheesing will eventually become better players, while the people that are abusing it will never improve and likely quit the game once people start beating them.

I really don't see what they could do about it, since turning off auto-switching and controlling a lone striker while on defense would do virtually the same thing.

Also if they are controlling the goalie, try to take a shot from far out cause they may miss it lol

mxgt

Banned
PaulLFC said:

It is true

Defensive AI harasses far better than a player ever could

I was so sure that this would be the FIFA that I hate. Tactical defending just didn't seem to work for me in the demo.

Fuck you EA, how do you make such a good game every year...

Milly79

Anyone having any problems with the game? Drop from EA servers a lot (don't in NHL), UT freezes every time i try to play a game, slow menus, game freezes for a second when a substitution is made and if I press a during the score overlay the blue stays on my screen for a second.

mxgt

Banned
Milly79 said:
Anyone having any problems with the game? Drop from EA servers a lot (don't in NHL), UT freezes every time i try to play a game, slow menus, game freezes for a second when a substitution is made and if I press a during the score overlay the blue stays on my screen for a second.

Yep, drop from the server and UT drops after I finish a game so at the moment I can't play matches in UT

Sucks

Qatar

does anyone feels that scouting for young players is kinda useless?, I bring a "technically gifted" player and leave him for more than a year in the academy and after that his overall is like 55, useless when playing a game and he'd need maybe like 4 years in the career till he gets to be a decent player

JWong

Banned
Harry_Tequila said:
I was so sure that this would be the FIFA that I hate. Tactical defending just didn't seem to work for me in the demo.

Fuck you EA, how do you make such a good game every year...
You don't even need to play the game. Just playing the awesome career mode is fun.

That's what I'm doing right now. Except I play important matches while leveling my EA FC level.

PaulLFC

sixghost said:

IMO, it shouldn't be an option in head to head matches. In single player games, sure, but not online. It should be a separate mode if they want to allow keeper control online, where both players control the keeper through the entire game. Normal head to head matches shouldn't allow keeper control IMO.

It shouldn't be a get out of jail card for people who can't defend properly. Right now at least, for people who can't defend, controlling 10 players with the new defending is more difficult than controlling one player and having ten AI controlled outfield players able to defend to a higher level than they can when controlling them.

JWong

Banned
PaulLFC said:
IMO, it shouldn't be an option in head to head matches. In single player games, sure, but not online. It should be a separate mode if they want to allow keeper control online, where both players control the keeper through the entire game. Normal head to head matches shouldn't allow keeper control IMO.

It shouldn't be a get out of jail card for people who can't defend properly. Right now at least, for people who can't defend, controlling 10 players with the new defending is more difficult than controlling one player and having ten AI controlled outfield players able to defend to a higher level than they can when controlling them.
So you want to remove Manual switching?

PaulLFC

JWong said:
So you want to remove Manual switching?
As in manual switching between players, choosing which defender you want to control, etc? No, where did I say that?

I said that personally, I don't think a player should just be able to control the keeper while the AI controls the rest of the team for parts of a head to head game. I think that players should have to choose before the game kicks off whether they want to control the keeper or the outfield players and have to stick with that decision for the full 90 minutes. This current system, in my opinion makes it easy for players who don't want to defend to switch to AI defending when the opposition player is attacking, then switch back to player control so they can attack when the AI wins the ball for them.

Bumhead

Banned
This is the best FIFA game ever made and the best football game ever made. Absolutely no question of that for me.

Loving it so far. Absolutely loving it.

Problem is there's a disparity right now between me playing against human players and the AI. I've been laying waste to people online. Out of the 8 matches I've played, 6 of them have had the player quit early because I've been either 4 or 5 goals up. That's not a stealth boast post, I normally consider myself to be a very average FIFA player. Right now I suspect there are alot of people still trying to get to grips with the defending, with varying degree's of success, and that's resulting in some high scoring games.

I'm playing single player on Professional and I'm really struggling against the AI. I've only one 1 out of 4 games of my career so far and I'm really struggling to break teams down and find the space to attack them properly. I'm sure I just need to carry on playing and improving.

Still, game is brilliant. Nice job, EA.

rinse82

Mat C said:
This is the best FIFA game ever made and the best football game ever made. Absolutely no question of that for me.

Loving it so far. Absolutely loving it.

Problem is there's a disparity right now between me playing against human players and the AI. I've been laying waste to people online. Out of the 8 matches I've played, 6 of them have had the player quit early because I've been either 4 or 5 goals up. That's not a stealth boast post, I normally consider myself to be a very average FIFA player. Right now I suspect there are alot of people still trying to get to grips with the defending, with varying degree's of success, and that's resulting in some high scoring games.

I'm playing single player on Professional and I'm really struggling against the AI. I've only one 1 out of 4 games of my career so far and I'm really struggling to break teams down and find the space to attack them properly. I'm sure I just need to carry on playing and improving.

Still, game is brilliant. Nice job, EA.

The game is new, once the cream rises to the top and you start moving up in the divisions, I'd imagine the competition will get better online.

It's the same way for me right now, I went 4-1-0 (WDL) in my first 5 games and quickly moved into division 9; first game in that division, I lost 2-0 in a tightly contested battle where the guy scored two goals in the 90'.

sneaky77

PaulLFC said:

The point is that with manual switching, they can just let it at them controlling their striker, so is really the same thing. And that has been in the game for at least 3 yrs

edit: I was just promoted to Div 8 so is not like I am awesome at the game or anything

Bumhead

Banned
rinse82 said:
The game is new, once the cream rises to the top and you start moving up in the divisions, I'd imagine the competition will get better online.

It's the same way for me right now, I went 4-1-0 (WDL) in my first 5 games and quickly moved into division 9; first game in that division, I lost 2-0 in a tightly contested battle where the guy scored two goals in the 90'.

Aye almost certainly. I've not actually played any games in the next division yet so see how I get on.

I must confess at this point that one of my 8 matches was an 8-3 Ultimate Team defeat. I was playing with my default Bronze squad against an all Gold and Silver side but yeah.. it's not all rosy so far for me online.

Carbonox

Can someone explain to me how Head-to-Head Seasons work? I've yet to check it out. Been focusing on either Ultimate Team or Career mode.

sneaky77

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
Can someone explain to me how Head-to-Head Seasons work? I've yet to check it out. Been focusing on either Ultimate Team or Career mode.

You get to the minimum amount of pts required for the div you earn another season in that division, there is also a line for the pts you need to be promoted, then you move up a division, if you don't reach the minimum you get relegated.
There is also a set number of games you have to reach the goals

Carbonox

sneaky77 said:
You get to the minimum amount of pts required for the div you earn another season in that division, there is also a line for the pts you need to be promoted, then you move up a division, if you don't reach the minimum you get relegated.
There is also a set number of games you have to reach the goals

So it basically determines the good players from the mediocre and the bad, as a unique spin on rankings? Nice.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
LabouredSubterfuge said:
Is UT mode multi only?

No there are a bunch of tournaments that are single player.

But you have to be connected online to do ANYTHING.

I'm still getting riddled with the glitch where you finish playing a UT match and you get disconnected from the server and the game isn't recorded. Utterly ridiculous.

mxgt

Banned
darkside31337 said:
I'm still getting riddled with the glitch where you finish playing a UT match and you get disconnected from the server and the game isn't recorded. Utterly ridiculous.

I haven't been able to finish a single game because of this.

No word on what's causing it either, so stupid.

Calcaneus

Played two online matches, got destroyed. Maybe I shouldn't skipped that tutorial.

I'll be honest, the amount of game modes their are in this are kinda daunting. I have no idea what to put my time into. Should I just start with the standard career mode and get the hang of the game?

JWong

Banned
Calcaneus said:
Played two online matches, got destroyed. Maybe I shouldn't skipped that tutorial.

I'll be honest, the amount of game modes their are in this are kinda daunting. I have no idea what to put my time into. Should I just start with the standard career mode and get the hang of the game?
You could just play normal kick off matches, but if you got a favourite team, Career Mode is the way to go if you want to learn that team.

Top Bottom