• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 Club of Gentle Lovers |Xbox 360|

Still hope and plan on joining you guys. Was gonna just use my ons copy and purchase an online pass but I figure I'll double dip and sell off some games this week for a 360 copy.

Also a big kick in the balls to have to start a new VP from scratch, no lvl unlocks, all my boosting games lol...back to a sub-80 VP is scary!
Loving the RB/LB, CDM role tho if their open, was gonna do CB full time but its a damn lonely job and to damn stressful lol. Miss a pass/shot up front...not a problem..miss a tackle or shot block on defense...your the dick who gave up a goal lol.
But EASY as hell to get trait unlocks/VP skills up on defense, whole lot easier to do defensive acheivments then score a goal every game.

How is the club lag on 360? Getting alot of it on PS3, not on H2H or drop in tho oddly :/

Still hope and plan on joining you guys. Was gonna just use my ons copy and purchase an online pass but I figure I'll double dip and sell off some games this week for a 360 copy.

Also a big kick in the balls to have to start a new VP from scratch, no lvl unlocks, all my boosting games lol...back to a sub-80 VP is scary!
Loving the RB/LB, CDM role tho if their open, was gonna do CB full time but its a damn lonely job and to damn stressful lol. Miss a pass/shot up front...not a problem..miss a tackle or shot block on defense...your the dick who gave up a goal lol.
But EASY as hell to get trait unlocks/VP skills up on defense, whole lot easier to do defensive acheivments then score a goal every game.

How is the club lag on 360? Getting alot of it on PS3, not on H2H or drop in tho oddly :/

Honestly this year it feels like >50% of the accomplishments are tied to how many matches you are in instead of crazy numbers of goals or stuff. I think if you just play enough matches you will get a decent VP and don't need to boost etc.

PS: I didn't get the weak foot volley achievement even though I did definitely score with my weak foot in one of the games we played. Weaksauce.

I finally fixed my gameface this morning, so I'll no longer have orange arm syndrome in Clubs. The face I'm using is still nightmare fuel, though.

I tried out a little bit of FUT last night for the first time. I can see why you all find it so addictive, and I'll have to spend some time figuring out how it all works. As of now, I'm broke (500 coins to my name) and don't have any good players. :p

PS: I didn't get the weak foot volley achievement even though I did definitely score with my weak foot in one of the games we played. Weaksauce.
That's annoying - it was a nice lookin' volley.

I finally fixed my gameface this morning, so I'll no longer have orange arm syndrome in Clubs. The face I'm using is still nightmare fuel, though.

I tried out a little bit of FUT last night for the first time. I can see why you all find it so addictive, and I'll have to spend some time figuring out how it all works. As of now, I'm broke (500 coins to my name) and don't have any good players. :p

That's annoying - it was a nice lookin' volley.

Get a funtioning team together and play the single player seasons for a bit, work towards getting a team with 100 chem. Even with a 50 chem team you should be alright in the offline game modes.

Get a funtioning team together and play the single player seasons for a bit, work towards getting a team with 100 chem. Even with a 50 chem team you should be alright in the offline game modes.
Cool, I'll give it a shot. If I have any more questions, I'll bother you guys in the other thread.

Menelaus

Banned
Came home to find the wife using the FIFAtron to watch Vampire Diaries. I could only respond by drinking scotch. If and when we play tonight, we are going to have fun.

Got my 360 copy!

Now I finally have to get around to dumping my free name they give you with Xbox Live, think its like BasidialWalnut or some shit...Im not even sure.

I'll add my name to the thread when I make a new gamer tag, hopefully I can play with ya guys. Got about 150 games under my belt with my PS3 VP but I gotta get over the controller difference hurdle.

The games are a lot of fun, especially our 10 man games, but we keep getting stuck in Division 6 =(

I don't want to make our gameplay all /serious-business/ and zero fun, but I also want us to play smarter. When I say "us", I also mean myself first and foremost. I lose possession quite a bit and I'm not well versed enough to skill past people. Also, generally I don't make myself available for a simple pass.

We should be playing a safe back pass instead of a risky LB+Y etc. Maybe even have set plays like:

1) Acquire possession through tackle. Pass back to LB. Ball moves from LB->CB->CB->RB->RW and cross into the box with 3 targets.

2) Acquire possession. Pass back to LB. Ball moves LB->CB. Ball is moving from left to the right side of the field in this whole play. CM comes short to CB and receives pass. Short 1-2 pass with the other CM. Then another 1-2 with RM, and another 1-2 with ST before taking a short (or ST takes the shot if they are open).

Or I'm just over thinking this as usual.

Menelaus

Banned
Crossing into the box doesn't work as great as everyone wishes it did. Slowly dribble faking right up to the box is the best thing you can do this year, it's just that none of us are good at it yet.

Also, if we have generic backliners, keeping the possession back there is a turrible idea.

Crossing into the box doesn't work as great as everyone wishes it did. Slowly dribble faking right up to the box is the best thing you can do this year, it's just that none of us are good at it yet.

Also, if we have generic backliners, keeping the possession back there is a turrible idea.

Yeah, we'll probably need to play with an ANY if we want to do any of that strategy. Otherwise it'll just turn into a "press A" fest like public games, lol. Our generics have been hilariously bad.

Awesome work tonight everyone! Lots and lots of short passes and some brilliant goals. I think having an ANY is working well for us also. I had lots of fun playing, I don't even care if we are stuck in div 6 forever if we play this style.

Menelaus

Banned
FINALLY!

Not only did we claw our way out of Div 6, we did it in style.

ak5u4l.jpg

Menelaus

Banned
After playing with an ANY for a good chunk of the weekend, I'm not sure we should be playing without one now.

Awesome, FreeRadical, and Volgihn all did a great job.

Meier

Was busy with ACL this weekend but interested in playing some tonight if people are down.

Edit: Just seeing the Division 6 title trophy -- nice work, fellas!

Top Bottom