• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
But you /can/ play against the AI instead of other players. Just have to be connected online. There are fake leagues & competitions against AI teams of various skills - essentially all the UT player vs player competitions mirrored against AI.

More actually, arent there like 10 AI cups and only 3 player vs player cups? But yeah, I was just pointing out you cant play "offline", AI play definitely works. Playing against other players gives more coins, though.

Fowler

)&$:$/$/&-'al

Have you guys had this weird bug where the game is stuck at the "loading" (arena) bit before an online match?

I assume the connection was lost to my opponent, but there's nothing I can actually do. I can't cancel or do anything other than force the Xbox to quit FIFA and restart from scratch. Had it happen three times already!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
3:1 at halftime in the online gold cup!!!!

AAAAAH, THE EXCITEMENT. SO CLOSE TO GLORY.

Have you guys had this weird bug where the game is stuck at the "loading" (arena) bit before an online match?

I assume the connection was lost to my opponent, but there's nothing I can actually do. I can't cancel or do anything other than force the Xbox to quit FIFA and restart from scratch. Had it happen three times already!

All the fucking time (on pc although it also happened with Fifa 12 a couple of times on PS3 for me). Sometimes we wait for like a couple of minutes and it finally gets done loading when playing club matches, EA needs to fix that shit/at least let you quit out and maybe see a status box.

Yes I've had this before on PS3, had to reset. I should have tried pulling my ethernet I suppose.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
More actually, arent there like 10 AI cups and only 3 player vs player cups? But yeah, I was just pointing out you cant play "offline", AI play definitely works. Playing against other players gives more coins, though.

I think there's like 14 tournaments for single player starting with amateur difficulty. It's not a ton of coins but it's easy as hell on the lower difficulties. Plus, it boosts my win/loss record

Toma

I DID IT. I FUCKING DID IT. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Omg, sorry for spamming this thread, but this was so amazing.
Dude came back to 3:3 and I managed to score a 4th goal in the 86th minute. All goals scored by the dudes with the 99 Shooting stat. Eto'o had some... insane goals. Like shooting from 30 yards, hitting the goalkeeper, and still going into the goal because the shot was to strong. Crazy.

Toma

There is a special UT pack currently, containing a full silver team. Are those players actually good? Anyone tried that? I am tempted since I dont have a silver team yet... but if its just random players, that would be a huge waste of money.

Edit: Just watched a few youtube videos. Apparently the latter. Bad players that dont even fit together.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Congrats. Look forward to playing some UT tonight myself. I've been getting owned online I need to take my frustration out on the cpu.

Fowler

Sometimes I think Seasons mode was created just so EA could tell me how terrible I am at FIFA.

I needed 1 point from 3 games to get promoted.

Results: lost 3-1, 3-1, 5-2 (5-0 down after 80 mins, so it wasn't even that close).

By the way: I'm in division 9.

JLG-

Sometimes I think Seasons mode was created just so EA could tell me how terrible I am at FIFA.

I needed 1 point from 3 games to get promoted.

Results: lost 3-1, 3-1, 5-2 (5-0 down after 80 mins, so it wasn't even that close).

By the way: I'm in division 9.

Just buy a draw from the catalogue. :p

Hit the xbox guide button to sign out. It will take you to the main screen. Sing in back again For another game and your game should freeze while you are in the arena.

Everyone stay off of FUT between 8PM and 10PM Pacific, its going down for maintenance. If they take it down while you're in a game it will count as a DNF for you.

Toma

Everyone stay off of FUT for the next few hours, its going down any minute for maintenance. If they take it down while you're in a game it will count as a DNF for you.

Every platform?

And on another note, I had an epiphany today!

So I was going on a 4 game goal-less streak in FUT. Just couldn't put the ball in the net. So I switched the camera to the overhead end-to-end view for my next game and I scored 4 goals easily. From that vantage point I could see the passing lanes, openings, space, everything so much easier. I'm plying NHL 13 at the moment also and it just fit so naturally having both games use the same camera. I've been playing FIFA regularly since the genesis and PS1 days and this finally dawned on me. Wow.

Every platform?

I think so. The fulll message is as follows:

We will be performing scheduled maintenance on FIFA 13 and FIFA 13: Ultimate Team on October 4th at 8pm-10pm Pacific time (Oct. 5, 4am – 6am UK time). All online service will be interrupted. Expected downtime: 2hrs. Timezones: http://bit.ly/T4elo0

During maintenance, we will address the following:
• Locked FIFA Ultimate Team web accounts
• Loading times on the EA SPORTS Football Club companion application on iPhone
• Display of FIFA Ultimate Team Leaderboards on all FIFA 13 platforms
• Missing EA SPORTS Football Club pre-order credits for users submitting pre-order codes before Oct 2nd

Online services affected: FIFA 13, FIFA Ultimate Team 13, EASFC(FIFA12 & 13).
Thank you for your patience.

You've got to love when lag ruins a game for you. And your keeper doesn't make a single save.

Why do they keep doing lag during primetime hours for one of their larger population areas?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Damn I wanted to play UT when I got home too. Just wanted to see if any of my auctions went thru.

Oh well I guess I'll be home shortly before 1am so I should be alright

JLG-

Got him too! He is a beast, lol. Have him on a team with 10 german players and him up front. Guy is crazy fast and has an amazing shot. If you want to sell, you'd probably get about 20k though.

I decided to sell him managed to get 26K for him. :D

edit: Why are the CAM >> CM modifiers so goddamn expensive? They go for at least 10k! wtf

I also noticed that the 433 formation modifier is steadily going up in price as well. Yesterday i could grab some for about 2k now they easily go over 5k-6k range.

Toma

I decided to sell him managed to get 26K for him. :D

edit: Why are the CAM >> CM modifiers so goddamn expensive? They go for at least 10k! wtf

I also noticed that the 433 formation modifier is steadily going up in price as well. Yesterday i could grab some for about 2k now they easily go over 5k.

Super glad I didnt sell him, lol. Scored 11 goals in 9 games for me so far (and probably tons of assist) and was the sole reason I won my gold cup match, haha.

Yeah, all the formation cards are slowly getting more expensive.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Alright, just played for the first time at a friend's and loved it, but I sucked. Sucked bad.

Any tips for a beginner?

brentech

And on another note, I had an epiphany today!

So I was going on a 4 game goal-less streak in FUT. Just couldn't put the ball in the net. So I switched the camera to the overhead end-to-end view for my next game and I scored 4 goals easily. From that vantage point I could see the passing lanes, openings, space, everything so much easier. I'm plying NHL 13 at the moment also and it just fit so naturally having both games use the same camera. I've been playing FIFA regularly since the genesis and PS1 days and this finally dawned on me. Wow.

Can you see the full width of the field as well?, or are you cut view limited to certain area left/right of player?

Toma

Oh wow. I just noticed that if you win the online cups once, you no longer get additional packs if you win it again. Sucks.

Toma

Mandanda and Gerinvho in the same pack...Vagner Love in the next
After opening a few other packs, it seems to me that Eto'o was the first and only good player I'll get from these packs. :( Ah well, Eto'o is still super awesome.

I got a ton of good players today, I now have both Bender brothers in my squad from packs. Also got Gibbs, Marchetti, and Jadson, all of whom will go for a couple thousand. Not a bad night. Still no IF though.

alterno69

Banned
Fuck this shit, just got disconnected twice in the last four games and i got the loss, this fucking game is a piece of shit. EA servers are a fucking joke. Also i fucking hate this defending crap, the attacking side has way too much space and it's fucking hard to take the ball from skilled players, the first touch crap is way over the top, i mean sure not every player has perfect skills al, the time but it's like playing with amateur players, i have conceded way too many goals thanks to my defensive players loosing an easy pass or just by tripping with each other.

The last two days this fucking game has been nothing but frustration, fuck EA and their shit, if PES wasn't such a joke online and with their shitty licensing issues i'd be playing that instead, much better game but generations behind in online stuff.

Fuck EA Games.

Edit: also what the fuck is going on with the amount of bugs in this game? And the fucking loadong in EVERY god damn menu, it takes decades to move between menus.

After opening a few other packs, it seems to me that Eto'o was the first and only good player I'll get from these packs. :( Ah well, Eto'o is still super awesome.

Have faith with packs so far I've had...

Aguero
Vidic
Torres
Cavarni
Gerrard
KP Boateng
David Silva
Corzola
Sturridge and Dembele in same pack
Pato

Loads of good players, no IF's though!

Very sorry if this is an old question but I've gotten conflicting answers:

How can you load your game face on your pro (not seeing an option for it)?

Can your offline pro level up / progress at all through offline play (career mode)? Or did they completely kill that off, so that your online pro is the only one who can level up?

ElyrionX

sure
my formation is 4-4-2 Diamond wide
----------------------De gea---------------------
Rafael-----Ferdinand-----vidic--------evra----
---------------------scholes-----------------------
-----nani-------------------------valencia-------
---------------------kagawa---------------------
---------van persie---------rooney-------------

the only player that seems a weak point against strong teams is scholes (you can change him with carrick) but i like his powerful shoots..also the defenders are a bit slow when a superheroes like ronaldo or banzema get a long passes (L1+Triangle), so they need a steady focus..
the attackers are high class and they're good on the ground&at the head shots..also kagawa is a great play maker..
btw this was the goal that get me the title..was the last match in minute 80
http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/137708525

Thanks. I play a 4-5-1 myself with Rooney and Kagawa operating behind van Persie while Cleverley plays in CM with Nani and Valencia on the wings.

And yeah defense is tricky with Vidic and Ferdinand being so slow.

moai

Very sorry if this is an old question but I've gotten conflicting answers:

How can you load your game face on your pro (not seeing an option for it)?

Can your offline pro level up / progress at all through offline play (career mode)? Or did they completely kill that off, so that your online pro is the only one who can level up?

in pro clubs there is an option to use gameface (edit my pro i think it says). offline and online pro can level up but it's separate to prevent boosting.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
On the 360, is it possible for me and a friend to be on the same team and play against people online? (locally and over xbl)

so, can I be on my xbox somewhere, him on his somewhere else but we can both be on the same team against people online? does that make sense?

confuziz

Banned
On the 360, is it possible for me and a friend to be on the same team and play against people online? (locally and over xbl)

so, can I be on my xbox somewhere, him on his somewhere else but we can both be on the same team against people online? does that make sense?

I think that's not possible, but I could be wrong ;)

Socreges

Banned
Just played this 2-on-2 with friends. Really fun. Was planning on skipping this year, but I'm liking how 'scrappy' it feels in comparison to '12.

If you go to custom games there is match lobbies and most of the time there should be a room created called 2v2. It is essentially Online Team Play but if you both once it comes to player select choose any and make sure that your camera angle for Online Team Play is the same as your single player one then it is the same as playing a normal game.

Hmm I wonder something now after I read that the game feels too fast for some people I decided to keep a eye on that and noticed that some game-modes indeed seem faster than others o.o

For example I was playing the current offline-challenge with Barcelona and the game felt quite fast, while my next match was a online Head-to-Head season match which felt alot slower despite me and my opponent having pretty high-level teams. Are the people on to something here or is it simply the difference in player stats which I assume are very high with Barcelona?

kvn

People who say that this game is too fast should try playing with a team with 3 or less stars. I've played all my seasons games with my local 3 stars club and its a totally different experience that way. Playing the first UT game with the good team was completely different and way faster...

What the hell?! It's actually letting me set my pro's stats after creating him. So what's the point in him leveling up?!

I don't care about online, all I want is to be play career mode with my pro as he levels up (with gameface).

But if they're allowing me to set the stats, wouldn't that defeat the purpose?

Toma

What the hell?! It's actually letting me set my pro's stats after creating him. So what's the point in him leveling up?!

I don't care about online, all I want is to be play career mode with my pro as he levels up (with gameface).

But if they're allowing me to set the stats, wouldn't that defeat the purpose?

Try creating a pro career (You will need to create a unique pro for every mode you play)

Top Bottom