• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Feature

Banned
hur durrrr, do you think your crying makes any difference to me? Atleast try and put more effort in it with less predictable pokes.

hur durrrr, do you think your crying makes any difference to me? Atleast try and put more effort in it with less predictable pokes.

A very predictable response. :)

I think I either played with you tonight or with your spiritual successor. Basically, you/he kept attempting fancy dribbling moves all over the field. It was extremely easy to steal the ball from you/him. I kept getting matched up with you/him and taking my easy wins. You/he need to spend less time speed leveling your pro, and more time trying to win.

Come to think of it, he couldn't have been you. He at least stuck around and took his losses like a champ.

Feature

Banned
I'm on PSN. Like I said, I'm just a single person in HUGE crowd with the same mindset. I havent played FIFA the last 2 days so you didn't match me. In 1v1 I don't do stupid dribbles, just in drop in matches to get the dribbling accomps which gives you agility and sprint speed. I already did them ages ago so now I'm doing the shooting shit. Dribbling was the easiest to get actually by using the method you described there.

My psn clubs account is Tiglet-- , be sure to put me on your ban/ignore list. Gamertag lol, PSN clubs is of a much higher level than xbox clubs fyi (atleast in FIFA10 / 11).

I take my losses like a champ as I don't care about losing in drop in matches, I just try and get accomps without even looking at the accomps. Maybe even letting the other guy come trough so I can block some shots or whatever.

I'm completely ignoring all your complaining about my playing method, why are you even trying to insult me/change my ways... it wont happen so just give up. With that said, I'm done with this discussion. Nothing has changed and will never change unless EA changes the game which wont happen.

Robso

Glad to see an update arriving. I really wish the gameplay was slowed down, though.

Hopefully this update will fix the issue of outdated squads in offline play.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Playing career mode I see they still haven't fixed the rubberbanding.

You can be dominating with a better team and as soon as the cpu decides it wants to score they all turn into Messi. You can't even foul them, they just pass pass pass pass pass goal.

I actually tried to slide tackle somebody from behind and my guy went through him. ridiculous.

RdN

Got to division 7 yesterday.. 13 wins, 3 ties and 1 loss. Pretty good so far.

But, I did face some connection woes.. like delay in the comands. Hope it was just my connection action out, and not something going bad with the game's net code.

Cyport

My team is growing, got 100 Chemistry and 79 rating. I guess now I'll keep playing, earn coins and when I get a good amount buy a highly rated player. Currently need to improve my RB position.

I'm also starting the online seasons mode in FUT but not sure if I should field a weaker team to begin with as I played one match with my strongest 11 and played a guy with all bronze players and was obviously new. Felt sorry for him after I beat him!

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
My PC woes continue. Searching for an opponent in the Gold Cup semi-final, game goes to load the kit selection screen (ie. it found an opponent), but nothing comes up. Music keeps playing, background keeps animating, but no teams. Can't interact, can't escape, can't do anything but force close the game. I load it back up and I've lost all my progress in the cup and have to restart. I have never played a game with such shoddy network issues as this. Even with the network problems, why am I kicked out of the tournament? I'm surprised the devs didn't have the foresight to account for problems like this.

Good tip to level your vp up:
- Make your VP a defender
- Go into a drop-in match with maximum 4 players
- make sure you go any
- always pass to your VP, dont care about the score and just start doing dribbles. This will piss other people off but whatever.
- if it's a 1v1, message the other guy asking to boost VP. If he doesn't want to, treaten to quit at 90th minute so he doesnt get his accomplishments for that game.

You are the fucking worst.

I finally started digging into FUT last night. It's fun and addictive so far, but I'm still working out all of the rules. I think I'm going to start with a Bronze squad since it's cheap and go from there. I have a couple Serie B players, so I'll probably start building a team out of that league.

A couple questions:
- What formation would be a good one to use? They're kind of all over the place from the cards I've seen so far.
- What's most important for generating chemistry - players from the same team? Same nation? Same league? Matching the formation from their card? I'm not sure if I should be focusing on any of those or just keeping an eye on all of them.

Thanks!

I finally started digging into FUT last night. It's fun and addictive so far, but I'm still working out all of the rules. I think I'm going to start with a Bronze squad since it's cheap and go from there. I have a couple Serie B players, so I'll probably start building a team out of that league.

A couple questions:
- What formation would be a good one to use? They're kind of all over the place from the cards I've seen so far.
- What's most important for generating chemistry - players from the same team? Same nation? Same league? Matching the formation from their card? I'm not sure if I should be focusing on any of those or just keeping an eye on all of them.

Thanks!

Play players in the right position and go for them in the same formation. Then choose a league or nation as a direction for what you want. It seems that you picked Serie B, so just gather players from Serie B to form your team. As far as formations, some are more expensive than others, but choose whatever you feel comfortable playing with. I am using the 4-3-3, and 4-2-3-1 currently, but I know 4-1-2-1-2 and 3-5-2 are also popular. I do want to build a team using the 3-5-2 at some point.

Also, you can use FUTHead.com as a database of FUT players, and ultimatedb.nl as a good place to find a player's rough price on the AH.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
A couple questions:

Thanks!

Yep, players from the same league is very important. Also, once you settle on a formation make sure you select that formation as an option when you are selecting players.

Players playing their correct formation and position is key to building high chemistry. I didn't know this and I just spent 3,100 coins to change Fredy Guarin from a 4-1-2-1-2 to my 4-3-3. That is actually a cheap price for the formation modifier card. The gold ones go for around 5k but I was able to snipe right as the auction ended on this one.

I'm so stoked I got my chemistry up to 96 now. Using ultimate team on the computer is way smoother than doing it on xbox too.

Now to just get 50k coin to get Falcao

Fuck

Awesome Animals said:
Also, you can use FUTHead.com as a database of FUT players, and ultimatedb.nl as a good place to find a player's rough price on the AH.

Damn, good to know. I got a bunch of players from packs I bought that I'm trying to sell but no luck so far

Yep, players from the same league is very important. Also, once you settle on a formation make sure you select that formation as an option when you are selecting players.

Players playing their correct formation and position is key to building high chemistry. I didn't know this and I just spent 3,100 coins to change Fredy Guarin from a 4-1-2-1-2 to my 4-3-3. That is actually a cheap price for the formation modifier card. The gold ones go for around 5k but I was able to snipe right as the auction ended on this one.

I'm so stoked I got my chemistry up to 96 now. Using ultimate team on the computer is way smoother than doing it on xbox too.

Now to just get 50k coin to get Falcao

Fuck

Damn, good to know. I got a bunch of players from packs I bought that I'm trying to sell but no luck so far

I kind of want to buy Falcao just to spite you. :D

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I kind of want to buy Falcao just to spite you. :D

It sucks I can't buy packs on the web app I wanted to spend a few space bucks to see if I got a great player that I could flip to get the 50k that he costs.

My modem died at my place and I can't get my internet back until saturday morning when they're coming by.

I'm pissed. Playing manager mode now and it freezes all the time. I got Villareal and sold Rossi to Bayern for like 20 million lol

RooMHM

PC Version : - FUT team updates and online ones completely fuck up the lineups in team management (even the transfers).
- Match day ratings are bugged if you change your team's formation.
- airball player change is not working well at all. It basically never changes and it's almost impossible to precisely select a player with LB/L1.
- Even in "organized" schemes of attack and construction player leave their place (especially defenders).
- It's very frequent than players are left without being marked by defenders at the center of the pitch making it stupidly effective to clear a ball from defensive position.
Cpu is way too cheated it's not really fun. First touch control doesn't exist for it.

I'm more and more disapointed. I don't have the feeling that there is a defensive block that can control the game. Every fast player can speed through defense easily or no control passes can make you kill every defense.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
That's my current team. I am now broke as hell lol

I've spent like 600 space bucks on packs and havnt had any luck really

Periqueros.jpg

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Damn, and you don't have internet for two days. good luck with that.

ANother tip...keep the fucking morale high for your keeper or he won't make a stop.

Yep. I wish I could buy packs online but I guess it's a security issue. Used the team morale card on my team yesterday so almost everyone is very happy. It is quite frustrating to have no monies to use auction :(

I was hoping Nocerino was expensive but he's like around 2500 only

Wow, I didn't realize ping-ponging still worked. I just spent 90' dealing with it. It was just pace and A. I feel lucky to only have conceded four. He was literally passing as soon as the ball hit his player's foot. Seemed pretty cheap.

brentech

Had a rough game last night with UT.
This guy seemed to be able to move the ball around and then boot it up-field having 0 maybe 1 or 2 defenders to beat. He was always on a free break towards my goal....was absolutely ridiculous.

Got blasted all game. Lost 6 - 2

Apparently I need to learn how to score more.

Just won my 2nd Gold Cup but this time I didn't get a gold pack. Has EA changed the prize to only 2000c in the last two days because its not coming up in the menu that you get a gold pack now.

Kelas

Yep, think that's just an extra reward for your first victory. Same for the packs in single player tourneys; once you've won once, it changes to just a coin reward after that.

AlexBasch

Just won my first game against the CPU. Took me ten matches.

Had to bring it down to Professional, World Class and Legendary turns every team into Barcelona with steroids and Final Form Lev Yashin in the goal. It was goddamned satisfying.

Robso

Just won my first game against the CPU. Took me ten matches.

Had to bring it down to Professional, World Class and Legendary turns every team into Barcelona with steroids and Final Form Lev Yashin in the goal. It was goddamned satisfying.

Have you tried changing the sliders? I noticed on World Class it was ridiculous. Me and the CPU having around 40 shots each game.

I'm planning to test this out :

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-13-fsb-gameplay-sliders/

Pachimari

Are we doing Ultimate Team tournaments?

As I haven't received my review copy yet I am contemplating buying the retail version today.

Kelas

What is this Daily Gift thing? I just logged in to the FUT web app and i got a free bronze pack. Nice.

Just got one myself - a mini silver pack. First time I've seen it so it must be something new. If it really is "daily" I'll be pretty happy.

Edit instead of double post:

Anyone experiencing night and day differences in how their squad plays in certain games? I go from a super-responsive, fast-moving team that can win headers, complete accurate, sharp passes, and actually play proper football in some games, to a sluggish, almost unplayable struggle in others. Passes missing their mark, players making bad touches or letting the ball hit them in the back (!), losing the ball when the opposition comes anywhere near my players, but unable to get the ball off them when they have it, etc. I try to control my CDMs to force the ball out wide, but they always over commit in one direction and leave too much space, no matter how careful I am, and it's a chore to wrestle them back on track. I feel like I have zero control of the game, despite having the foresight to make what would be smart passes when I have the ball, and trying to build up play through midfield. I feel like almost every online FUT game I play, the opposition has that super-responsiveness that I rarely have, even if I have better chemistry, and similar or better players. I'm just getting worked from start to finish, and feel like I'm at an unfair disadvantage.

I'd happily accept that I'm just bad at the game, but the fact that my team plays on a completely different level every now and again leads me to feel like there's something changing my team's behaviour behind the scenes.

Just got one myself - a mini silver pack. First time I've seen it so it must be something new. If it really is "daily" I'll be pretty happy.

Before the game came out people would get a daily gift on the web app but they stopped on release day. It will be awesome if their bringing it back again

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be

Edit instead of double post:

Anyone experiencing night and day differences in how their squad plays in certain games? I go from a super-responsive, fast-moving team that can win headers, complete accurate, sharp passes, and actually play proper football in some games, to a sluggish, almost unplayable struggle in others. Passes missing their mark, players making bad touches or letting the ball hit them in the back (!), losing the ball when the opposition comes anywhere near my players, but unable to get the ball off them when they have it, etc. I try to control my CDMs to force the ball out wide, but they always over commit in one direction and leave too much space, no matter how careful I am, and it's a chore to wrestle them back on track. I feel like I have zero control of the game, despite having the foresight to make what would be smart passes when I have the ball, and trying to build up play through midfield. I feel like almost every online FUT game I play, the opposition has that super-responsiveness that I rarely have, even if I have better chemistry, and similar or better players. I'm just getting worked from start to finish, and feel like I'm at an unfair disadvantage.

I'd happily accept that I'm just bad at the game, but the fact that my team plays on a completely different level every now and again leads me to feel like there's something changing my team's behaviour behind the scenes.

this is my biggest gripe with FIFA, the CPU 'cheats' and there's some kind of scripting involved despite denials.

to get good you have to get good at the game, and that includes playing this 'hidden' game of managing bad matches or bad patches during a game where your team goes to shit and the other is basically gifted a goal scoring opportunity.

learning to read when it swings in someone's favour and how you should react to it makes a big difference.

this is my biggest gripe with FIFA, the CPU 'cheats' and there's some kind of scripting involved despite denials.

to get good you have to get good at the game, and that includes playing this 'hidden' game of managing bad matches or bad patches during a game where your team goes to shit and the other is basically gifted a goal scoring opportunity.

learning to read when it swings in someone's favour and how you should react to it makes a big difference.

Hmm...That is an interesting mindset that I maybe need to start using. Rather than bitching and fighting with the game when things aren't going my way, maybe I should try and force out a draw and get a point that way. I legitimately never considered this an option. Thank you for that perspective.

Hmm...That is an interesting mindset that I maybe need to start using. Rather than bitching and fighting with the game when things aren't going my way, maybe I should try and force out a draw and get a point that way. I legitimately never considered this an option. Thank you for that perspective.

The number of times I've yelled at my own team players in FUT or other game modes to "KEEP F^$%#ING POSSESSION" when this phenomenon happens is unreal. Usually my team stops sucking once they've had the ball without losing it and have completed a few simple passes.

RdN

Anyone else having trouble finding Seasons games today?

I`ve been trying for the past hour.. Always stuck in arena or losing connection right before the game starts.

Top Bottom