• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Irish

I myself don't care about unlocking / collectibles / ... but I don't mind them if they're in single player modes. Just keep it all out of online mode where it should be solely based on skill, nothing else.

Or you could just go play in the regular online team play stuff where you could use actual pros that require no investment on your part.

PaulLFC

I myself don't care about unlocking / collectibles / ... but I don't mind them if they're in single player modes. But keep it all out of online mode where it should be solely based on skill, nothing else.
Does that "nothing else" include not playing the game properly?

Having everything given to you provides no sense of accomplishment. A few years ago on one of the old Football Manager games, I'd had a game going for years and years, I'd slowly built the team up, won trophies with increasing regularity and gradually improved my squad as budgets allowed. I'd also started investing in some of the more promising youth players in an effort to bring through the "next generation" of the club that would set the team up for years into the future.

I then started another game and, just to see what it was like, I used the editor to give myself virtually unlimited funds, and increased my reputation to maximum so players were more likely to join my team. I then bought all of the best players, put them in a team and started the season. For the first few games it was fun, but it rapidly loses its appeal when you realise you've put no effort into it and didn't have to work for anything - I didn't accomplish anything. I cheated, and the result didn't feel worthwhile.

I soon went back to my original, non-cheating game and found it to be much more interesting to play.

Feature

Banned
Does that "nothing else" include not playing the game properly?

Having everything given to you provides no sense of accomplishment. A few years ago on one of the old Football Manager games, I'd had a game going for years and years, I'd slowly built the team up, won trophies with increasing regularity and gradually improved my squad as budgets allowed. I'd also started investing in some of the more promising youth players in an effort to bring through the "next generation" of the club that would set the team up for years into the future.

I then started another game and, just to see what it was like, I used the editor to give myself virtually unlimited funds, and increased my reputation to maximum so players were more likely to join my team. I then bought all of the best players, put them in a team and started the season. For the first few games it was fun, but it rapidly loses its appeal when you realise you've put no effort into it and didn't have to work for anything - I didn't accomplish anything. I cheated, and the result didn't feel worthwhile.

I soon went back to my original, non-cheating game and found it to be much more interesting to play.

Good thing we're different people and we like different things right.

Also yes, that would include playing the game properly as there was no need to find tricks/glitches/hacks because the useless bullshit was optional. Like I said, I'm only a small person in a huge crowd that has the same mindset. Proof enough in the past 2 years of VP hacking / boosting.

Irish

Why would I play a mode that I also don't care for. I only like to play clubs which sadly has the unlocking shit on it.

You clearly don't care about clubs because the entire point of that mode is about what you hate to do. Building up a team of pretty crappy players with your buddies into a great team that moves up through the various divisions is the entire point. Why play clubs if you just want to have an overrated pro who only plays in Division 1 games?

Feature

Banned
You clearly don't care about clubs because the entire point of that mode is about what you hate to do. Building up a team of pretty crappy players with your buddies into a great team that moves up through the various divisions is the entire point. Why play clubs if you just want to have an overrated pro who only plays in Division 1 games?

You clearly haven't played clubs on FIFA10 which is still the best clubs mode to date. I don't need you to tell me what I do and don't care for.

FIFA Ultimate Team: Team Of The Week - 10th October 17th October

GK: Roman Weidenfeller, Borussia Dortmund - 82>83
RB: Branislav Ivanović, Chelsea - 82>83
CB: Andrea Ranocchia, Inter - 79>80
CB: Douglão, Braga - 73>74
LB: Aleksandar Kolarov, Manchester City - 78>79
CAM: Marek Hamšik, Napoli - 85>86
CAM: Ronaldinho, Atlético Mineiro - 83>84
LM: Franck Ribéry, Bayern München - 90>91
CF: Wilfried Bony, Vitesse - 78>80
ST: André-Pierre Gignac, Olympique de Marseille - 76>77
ST: Miroslav Klose, Lazio - 83>84

SUBS

GK: Andrés Fernández, CA Osasuna - 77>78
CB: Leon Cort, Charlton Athletic - 65>67
RB: Molinero, Real Murcia CF - 66>68
CM: Oscar Hiljemark, IF Elfsborg - 71>72
LM: Chris Wondolowski, San Jose Earthquakes - 72>74
ST: Saber Khelifa, Évian Thonon Gaillard FC - 68>71
ST: Derick Ogbu, OH Leuven - 64>64

Bony has switched from ST to CF
Wondolowski has switched from ST to LM
Khelifa has switched from LM to ST

FIFA Ultimate Team: Team Of The Week - 10th October 17th October

GK: Roman Weidenfeller, Borussia Dortmund - 82>83
RB: Branislav Ivanović, Chelsea - 82>83
CB: Andrea Ranocchia, Inter - 79>80
CB: Douglão, Braga - 73>74
LB: Aleksandar Kolarov, Manchester City - 78>79
CAM: Marek Hamšik, Napoli - 85>86
CAM: Ronaldinho, Atlético Mineiro - 83>84
LM: Franck Ribéry, Bayern München - 90>91
CF: Wilfried Bony, Vitesse - 78>80
ST: André-Pierre Gignac, Olympique de Marseille - 76>77
ST: Miroslav Klose, Lazio - 83>84

SUBS

GK: Andrés Fernández, CA Osasuna - 77>78
CB: Leon Cort, Charlton Athletic - 65>67
RB: Molinero, Real Murcia CF - 66>68
CM: Oscar Hiljemark, IF Elfsborg - 71>72
LM: Chris Wondolowski, San Jose Earthquakes - 72>74
ST: Saber Khelifa, Évian Thonon Gaillard FC - 68>71
ST: Derick Ogbu, OH Leuven - 64>64

Bony has switched from ST to CF
Wondolowski has switched from ST to LM
Khelifa has switched from LM to ST

Not bad. Ronaldinho definitely earned it.

PaulLFC

You clearly haven't played clubs on FIFA10 which is still the best clubs mode to date. I don't need you to tell me what I do and don't care for.
Well then why not play FIFA 10 if that game did things so well? Instead you're impacting everyone else's experience on FIFA 13 because you don't like its system and want to exploit your way around it.

35204727.jpg

I'm trying to get my chemistry up but I'm having problems. My CM are out of position and there are no cards to change that so I'm looking for other players to fill that spot that will get my chemistry up to 100.
Also a tip for anyone starting out, get Traore up forward, the dudes a beast and really tall with great shot power aswell and can be had for less than 800 coins.

I'm basically also trying to save up for Yaya Toure but I haven't seen him go for less than 50000. I've got a bunch of players that I don't really use on my bench aswell.

Feature

Banned
Well then why not play FIFA 10 if that game did things so well? Instead you're impacting everyone else's experience on FIFA 13 because you don't like its system and want to exploit your way around it.

Because if I level my VP up to its full extent, the game is better than FIFA10. FIFA10 was awesome from start to finish, no stupid VP's , all pure skill. The rivalries and the games in division 1 top 10 were super tense. FIFA11 & 13 are shit from a starting point of view but get more awesome the more your VP is leveled up and only surpasses FIFA10 when everyone has a fully leveled VP (which will be the case later on in division 1). FIFA11 was awesome when the VP copying started and everyone had a 100 rated VP. I can't really talk about FIFA12 because I haven't played that because of how much I hated the VP stuff and I knew it would be much harder to hack a 100% VP that year. it happened at some point apparently but people took it too far and had 8ft3 128% rated players.

adelante

You don't care about leveling up the proper way, that's what he meant... and I'm sure you're smart enough that you don't need us to point out the exact reason why we're all jumping on you. We get it, you're an impatient fellow. But it's one thing to share with us how you boost your VP through "illegitimate" means, it's another story altogether when you tell us the process involves ruining other people's online experience for your own selfish benefits:

- always pass to your VP, dont care about the score and just start doing dribbles. This will piss other people off but whatever.
- if it's a 1v1, message the other guy asking to boost VP. If he doesn't want to, treaten to quit at 90th minute so he doesnt get his accomplishments for that game.

And lol, you came here expecting us to be okay with that? Just quit the game, you later say. Hilarious. To be honest, I'm not ok with EA letting people buy their way in to a high-rated VP, but at least it's not at the expense of other people's enjoyment. And if it isn't clear to you by now, just because something bad already exists doesn't make it alright for you to add to it.

IllumiNate

This is my first Fifa and I'm crazy addicted to this game. I purchased Madden a week before Fifa, and since Fifas release I have not even touched Madden.

As it should be. When I picked up FIFA 09, I stopped playing Madden. I used to play Madden and NCAA obsessively.

35204727.jpg

I'm trying to get my chemistry up but I'm having problems. My CM are out of position and there are no cards to change that so I'm looking for other players to fill that spot that will get my chemistry up to 100.
Also a tip for anyone starting out, get Traore up forward, the dudes a beast and really tall with great shot power aswell and can be had for less than 800 coins.

I'm basically also trying to save up for Yaya Toure but I haven't seen him go for less than 50000. I've got a bunch of players that I don't really use on my bench aswell.

Doumbia will never be able to achieve 9 ind chem in the RF spot, but you can at least get him into the right formation by purchasing a formation modifier card for him. You could move Kalouto that RF spot and place Doumbia or Traore on the bench, or keep it how it is. Plus, Kalou plays in Ligue 1, which should help with your chemistry.

For midfield, you can consider M'Vila, Diarra, Mavuba, Toulalan, Nasri, etc. Playing people in their proper position and formation is your best bet for increasing your chemistry.

You could also grab Wenger and a manager formation card, which will give your team an added chemistry boost since that gives you a manager with a formation and nation link instead of just a formation link.

If it was me, I would work towards this:

It would be a lot of work, but it would work with your players, and you could play either Kalou or Biabiany in the RM spot (and work towards Ben Arfa). And take your pick for who you want in that CAM spot, it could be anyone from a ST to a CDM. You could put Nasri there, Bony, Benzema, or a lot more options.

Doumbia will never be able to achieve 9 ind chem in the RF spot, but you can at least get him into the right formation by purchasing a formation modifier card for him. You could move Kalouto that RF spot and place Doumbia or Traore on the bench, or keep it how it is. Plus, Kalou plays in Ligue 1, which should help with your chemistry.

For midfield, you can consider M'Vila, Diarra, Mavuba, Toulalan, Nasri, etc. Playing people in their proper position and formation is your best bet for increasing your chemistry.

You could also grab Wenger and a manager formation card, which will give your team an added chemistry boost since that gives you a manager with a formation and nation link instead of just a formation link.

I decided on getting Diaby and Sissoko in midfield instead of my RW and got a formation card for Doumbia and now the Chemistry is at 99. If I change my manager to a Frenchman will it get it to 100, or is it because Doumbia is in the wrong position?

For my Perfect team I just need Toure, Nasri and Lloris for keeper.

edit: I got Wenger as manager and it went to 100 even with Doumbia out of position.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
so my UT team kinda sucks, I have about 3k coins, good players are worth like 20k

How do UT vets go about bridging that gap? I'm a UT noob so I was playing some of the offline SP tournaments but obviously doing that takes ages to be able to afford just one player.

What approach do you guys take when you see yourself needing to raise say 100k to get your midfield together? Or do you just spend real money?

fenners

so my UT team kinda sucks, I have about 3k coins, good players are worth like 20k

How do UT vets go about bridging that gap? I'm a UT noob so I was playing some of the offline SP tournaments but obviously doing that takes ages to be able to afford just one player.

What approach do you guys take when you see yourself needing to raise say 100k to get your midfield together? Or do you just spend real money?

You can buy gold players with ratings of around 77 for under 500 coins easily. Buy them. Use them. You don't need that top star right away.

I'm worried for you for when your luck ends. haha

Lol im having a break from the game, it wont end.... Just got a Yaya!!!!!

Real money is the quickest.

If thats not an option then play the market.

I still have a Silva going if you want him?

SumGamer

My first team costs me less than 4K. 9 golds and 2 silvers. Overall team rating is 79 with 95 chemistry. Good enough to win lots of people online if you ask me. Focus on 75-79, most of these will usually cost you less than 500 per head, mostly 350.

Hugo Campagnaro - 81 OVR, 72 pace, 85 Int
Javier Mascherano - 86 OVR, 68 pace, 94 Int
Nicolas Pareja - 77 OVR, 70 pace, 76 Int

For Centerbacks, look at the interception stat if you think they are a bit slow. While they lack in pace, they will still dominate by intercepting anything that goes by them.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm looking at Campagnaro or Coloccini as well. Will higher interception trigger the auto-tackle thing on my defender when someone pass the ball near them? I have been in so many situation that my defenders needlessly trying to intercept the ball by tackling it. This throw the off balance and all hell break lose after that.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Lol im having a break from the game, it wont end.... Just got a Yaya!!!!!

Real money is the quickest.

If thats not an option then play the market.

I still have a Silva going if you want him?

Lol I have 3k, you sell him on the market for what he's worth buddy!

So the best way to raise cash is to play online? How much does an online win net you?

I do love the feeling of buying gold packs.

SumGamer

So the best way to raise cash is to play online? How much does an online win net you?

I usually gets 350-450 playing offline. moving to play online get me about 550+ per games depend on the opponent level multiplier. Another good thing about playing online is that the reward for winning tournament or season are much sweeter. Who doesn't like free gold packs ;)

JLG-

Also if you go to the Catalogue you can buy a coin boost. There's a 200 boost and a 1000 boost which is added to your purse after each game.

Sold him for 60k

Its a nice feeling opening packs and seeing an awesome player.

Yeah it's 8,000 coins and a premium gold pack in Division 1 if you get the 21 points.

I had an odd experience earlier. I was playing online and because the other guy had all his players forward I managed to get Benzema through on goal 50 yards out in the 60th minute. The game then started lagging really, really badly and I missed my chance. The connection was fine up until then and fine afterwards. It made me think the other guy had done something to the connection for those few moments in order to put me off.

I'm hoping that they fix the damn issue where I'm locked out. I am forced to reset my security question everytime I log onto UT, even if I pop out, play some skill games and pop back in.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Anyone else getting connection problems playing FUT? I'm on the PC version, and I've been kicked out of loads of games because my connection was "lost" to EA's servers. I'm dumped back to the title screen where I have to sign in again and be welcomed by the DNF punishment. Nothing wrong with my connection when this happens, and I'm still signed in to Origin when I alt-tab to check. Also got the game and Origin cleared on all fronts through my firewall.

Worst disconnect was this evening: paired with some guy with a bronze squad in the gold cup who decided to leave his PC and go for a jog when he saw my team. Figured I'd play him at his own game: got a goal, took possession of the ball and sat in the corner of the pitch to wait and claim my victory, only to lose connection to EA around the 70th minute. To save everyone the trouble, can't people like that just be auto-forfeited for inactivity?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
UT has been absolute dog shit on 360 for me. It sucks I can't even look at my team if EAS FC servers are down.

I wont lie I'm hooked on it tho

the price of the 4-3-3 formation modifiers is fucking ridiculous and my gold packs that I buy are usually shit

iFootball

First FIFA Update coming this weekend :

(Title update for FIFA 13 that will begin to roll out on Oct 10th for PC, and later this weekend for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3)
EA said:
FIFA 13 Title Update

This will be our first official update of FIFA 13, and will address the game issues that have had the biggest impact on our fans:

Connection stability in Online Seasons when finding an opponent in the Arena, and at kick-off.
Career Mode freeze while starting a new career with free agents.
Career Mode hangs when using Game Face.
Stability in Career Mode when players retire or are being bought back from loan.
Users will no longer be able to lower difficulty settings in a FUT Seasons match.
Freeze in FUT Online Tournament HUB on PS3.
Napoli of Serie A will now have fully authentic kits and crests in FIFA and FIFA Ultimate Team.
Legacy defending and passing assistance options removed in Pro Clubs.
Freeze in Pro Clubs Results screen.
Matchmaking settings in Pro Clubs (with "ANY" and "Match Keeper") will provide the desired results.
Changes made in National Squad not properly reflected in Manager Mode screen.
(PC Only) Freeze while retrieving Hospitality Settings.

More info in the Link

adelante

What is legacy defending? and can it be used in ranked matches in seasons?

It's essentially an old feature that lets you press and hold a button so that your player chases after a dribbler and keeps trying to challenge/push/tackle/steal the ball when he's shoulder to shoulder. LD is disabled for Seasons

Top Bottom