• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
this is my biggest gripe with FIFA, the CPU 'cheats' and there's some kind of scripting involved despite denials.

to get good you have to get good at the game, and that includes playing this 'hidden' game of managing bad matches or bad patches during a game where your team goes to shit and the other is basically gifted a goal scoring opportunity.

learning to read when it swings in someone's favour and how you should react to it makes a big difference.

Just to follow up on this, I did a bit of testing and seemed to find a massive difference by bringing everyone's fitness up to 99. Now, most players were already in the 90s anyway (except for Parker and Giggs who I'd somehow allowed to reach the low 70s, and a few others in between), but I immediately saw results after applying team fitness. Beat Lazio on ultimate in single player season (div 2?), and legendary Tottenham after that, with them making some terrible mistakes towards the latter stages of the game, and my players making very few mistakes throughout, getting onto the ball quickly, etc.

To your point about patches in the game where things just go against you - I still find defending around the box to be a nightmare at times. Players falling over, clearing the ball with their head instead of their foot when they had time (usually right into the opposition's path), and the finicky controls stopping me from selecting the one guy I want to control (but cycling through all my other players, defenders to striker, that I don't want to control!).

Fry

fuck bayern!

ibsJEBGJ8gghTe.jpg

GOOOOOOOOOOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ

inxXtzmbtR535.gif

Fry

Make sure you hold LT!

Btw, Kroos has been absolutely fantastic for me. By far my favorite player in the game.

I have lots of Bayern players in my squads; Javi Martinez, Mandzukic, Luis Gustavo, Rafinha, and Dante. At some point I want to pick up Lahm and maybe Muller.

AlexBasch

Have you tried changing the sliders? I noticed on World Class it was ridiculous. Me and the CPU having around 40 shots each game.

I'm planning to test this out :

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-13-fsb-gameplay-sliders/
I'm fine on professional. I hate how you have to tinker with sliders and shit to make the game fair and not a CPU trolling fest, it's bullshit IMO. Thanks for the advice though. :)

Just played a Real Madrid vs Burnsley in Legendary and the defenders were about or even a bit more faster than Ronaldo or stronger than Xavi Alonso in the midfield, come the fuck on.

Robso

I'm fine on professional. I hate how you have to tinker with sliders and shit to make the game fair and not a CPU trolling fest, it's bullshit IMO. Thanks for the advice though. :)

Just played a Real Madrid vs Burnsley in Legendary and the defenders were about or even a bit more faster than Ronaldo or stronger than Xavi Alonso in the midfield, come the fuck on.

Yeah, it's a real shame you have to edit the sliders to get a good match. The pace of the game hasn't helped me though. I prefer a slower, more realistic, game.

Blablurn

Make sure you hold LT!

Btw, Kroos has been absolutely fantastic for me. By far my favorite player in the game.

okay, gomez just scored via bicycle kick! omg. but it was an online game, so i couldnt save it :/

btw, can people pick other teams besides real madrid for once? omg.

iFootball

okay, gomez just scored via bicycle kick! omg. but it was an online game, so i couldnt save it :/

I'll gladly share with Blablurn that my team of choice for online is Bayeeeeeern... and yes... last night I played 5 season games... all of them against Real Madrid... ugh...

lobbed thru-pass to C. Ronaldo... repeat... OR... lobbed Cross to C. Ronaldo... repeat....

I haven't had to experience that yet, however I've only played a few games of seasons, all as PSG so I could get used to them for the GAF tourny.. Also, you can save online goals. At the end of the game goto Match Highlights, and you can select the goal and it will bring up all the replay options an such.

Blablurn

I haven't had to experience that yet, however I've only played a few games of seasons, all as PSG so I could get used to them for the GAF tourny.. Also, you can save online goals. At the end of the game goto Match Highlights, and you can select the goal and it will bring up all the replay options an such.

fuuuuuuu :(

JLG-

You can save online highlights. After the game is over go to match highlights and from there you can save/edit and upload your goal.

IllumiNate

Currently building a Barclays PL squad! I opened a pack and pulled an IF Branislav Ivanovic Sweeeet. My form is 4-1-2-1-2 and Ivanovic is 4-2-3-1 should I buy the form switch card or just sell him?

Currently building a Barclays PL squad! I opened a pack and pulled an IF Branislav Ivanovic Sweeeet. My form is 4-1-2-1-2 and Ivanovic is 4-2-3-1 should I buy the form switch card or just sell him?

If it was me I'd sell him so I could buy better players and probably get a more offensive right back.

I play 4-1-2-1-2 as well and the only player in my team who is in formation is pique. Everyone else has an orange formation and I still manage to get 100 chem. So you don't necessarily have to buy a formation card for him

JLG-

If you want to keep him then you should buy the switch form card for chemistry purposes. If not just sell him.

AlexBasch

I really want to get into Ultimate Team but I feel insanely overwhelmed with the amount of players, cards, build chemistry, this player likes the formation but loathes his teammates, this one has a great rating but wants to play as a lone attacker, etc.

I'll keep at it, I guess.

Blablurn

Sorry, I'll leave you ignorantly blissful next time.

Agreed

sorry, wasnt meant against u. just quoted the wrong post :D the fuuu was at the replay revelation i didnt know before.

damn, just had 3 games against one city guy. always beat him. i'm like bayern. a ton of chances, but i only score like 2 or maximum three times.

Kelas

Dunno if it really was the team fitness holding me back, but since having a moan earlier my team has been consistently awesome to play with. Just won the div2 title with them in a nailbiter final win over Milan - leading 1-0 for most of the match, but needed the win for the title, an out of position Shane Long scored a second in a 90 minute counter attack. Really enjoying the game now. Got a decent kitty of coins after that run too, but not sure there's anything immediate I need to replace.

If you want to play Ultimate Team, do you have to buy space bucks or whatever they're called? Or can you build a solid team and really experience the mode properly without every buying shitty DLC boosts? Can you still be competitive?

brentech

If you want to play Ultimate Team, do you have to buy space bucks or whatever they're called? Or can you build a solid team and really experience the mode properly without every buying shitty DLC boosts? Can you still be competitive?
Between Madden and Fifa, I've never paid real money for game value to buy cards. I just play games with the initial crapoh team you start with and earn coins and build from there.
This year has been faster because the game stop pre order bonus of a Gold pack of cards each week. But yea, you don't need to pay any extra money at all.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Yes you can play tournaments against the cpu and you will earn coins which is the currency to buy players.

Even with spacebucks you cannot buy individual players. You just get a pack with random players and you have to hope you get a big name players so you can sell him for coins. I've spent 600 points on packs and I havnt gotten anybody of note. Here is my team:

UT2.jpg

FWIW only 3 of these players are from packs. Just read back a few pages and you'll get some tips

UT is fun especially with a small budget. AUCTION HOUSE RULES

IllumiNate

rsz_2fifa1_zpsb0f233a0.jpg

Just finished my current squad I've been working on for a while (Barclay's PL except for my GK).! Eager to take them for a spin after some multyplayer BL2 with a friend. Anyone want to play whenever, feel free to add me GT: CottonBaller

brickeberg

Neo Member

Robso

And there's the deal I was waiting for =P

What's the best way if I want to play online with a couple of friends against others? In FIFA12 we had to play unranked in custom rooms, have they done anything better for FIFA13?

Do you mean sort of 5 v 5? If so, nothing has changed if I'm not mistaken.

Kelas

Any good additions to this squad anyone would recommend? I was considering Lampard as a backup/replacement for Giggs on the left, but I'm not so sure it would be an improvement adding him and playing him that far out wide. I could turn him into a CF, but I've got enough in that department, I think.

I'm doing well with this lineup at the moment, so maybe saving my coins for the future is the best thing to do. Beat Juve and Real in Ultimate Div 1 this morning (though the Juve win was thanks to a brilliant OG).

2343264-untitled_2.jpg

Robso

Any good additions to this squad anyone would recommend? I was considering Lampard as a backup/replacement for Giggs on the left, but I'm not so sure it would be an improvement adding him and playing him that far out wide. I could turn him into a CF, but I've got enough in that department, I think.

I'm doing well with this lineup at the moment, so maybe saving my coins for the future is the best thing to do. Beat Juve and Real in Ultimate Div 1 this morning (though the Juve win was thanks to a brilliant OG).

2343264-untitled_2.jpg

Baines at left back perhaps?

I'd personally go for someone a bit faster than Giggs on the wing. Although Taarabt could be used there.

As back up, Cleverley perhaps? I've found him awesome to use in 13.

Slizz

Anyone having this problem with FIFA on 360?

It is the oddest shit ever. I cannot play online seasons. Every time I go to 'Play Match' it acts fine, dl's latest updates, loads my custom squads and before I get to the team selection it freezes without fail. Done it at least 10 times in a row now, music stops can't press the guide button or anything.

So I reset all my squads and rosters to default hoping it would solve the problem and it doesn't.

Every online mode other than that works. FUT, Pro Clubs and Online Friendlies.

WTF?

Kelas

Baines at left back perhaps?

I'd personally go for someone a bit faster than Giggs on the wing. Although Taarabt could be used there.

As back up, Cleverley perhaps? I've found him awesome to use in 13.

I was thinking about Baines alright, might have a look for him, thanks. I had Cleverly in my earlier squad so I might give him another try too. I'm currently using Giggs because of his control; when I'm going for a pacey attack, I usually send it down the right with Marin or Taarabt.

Slizz

Uninstalled FIFA from my hard drive, reset everything, re-installed. Same shit. That fucking FIFA 13 update better come quick and fix my shit.

Top Bottom