• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Feature

Banned
I guess that why it's a feature called "leveling"... like in many other games... you need to earn your skill by investing hours into the game... you are being given the choice to level-up, but you're choosing to exploit

...Are your really suggesting we ALL start with a 100% VP to level things up??.... "all right folks!, let's all play with our Messi-level players, it's going to a blast!.. and no one ever is going to have to deal with failure and unfairness! "

If everyone has the same player there is 0 unfairness. It's all about skill then (unless there are exploits ofcourse).

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I also play for fun and am good at the same time, impossible! Fun for me means to play on even ground with the other people in higher divisions. In this case I'll have to do some un-fun things for a couple of days, but after that I'll have lots of fun. In my eyes forcing people to level a stupid VP is anti-fun. Why not give people the choice to level up their VP or start off with a 100% one? Now they're just forcing me to do stupid shit like this to reach a point where I can have actual fun.

I have no entitlement here, but EA needs to deal with the shit that their dumb designs bring with them.

The flaw in your argument is thanks to online pro, the amount of time you play is less connected to how long you play than ever before. Someone can go for 100 games and only score 2 goals and get no assists or unlock any accomplishments because he isn't good enough online.

So if someone has a monster pro they have either put the hours and practice in and earnt it or fluffed it like you.

If you want to boost fine, do you really think that's why we're giving you grief? I did some boosting/grinding for accomplishments in the last game, nothing wrong with it - but I do it on my own, I never inconvenience anyone else or BLACKMAIL other players. Those are the actions of an absolute loser.

You think you're saving time but all you're doing is robbing yourself of the experience of what this game should be, wasting your own time ticking some virtual boxes so your pro gets good enough for you to stop being shit at the game.

Yeah your luck will come.

I hope so. But losing 27k in the auction house because Victor Valdes went missing after I won him does make me think this game has it in for me at times. EA's customer service isn't great either, its going to take me up to 10 days to get that 27k back and that's on top of the 1000 FP I'm owed.

On a good note, in the first tournament I have played I'm in the final!

adelante

I also play for fun and am good at the same time, impossible! Fun for me means to play on even ground with the other people in higher divisions. In this case I'll have to do some un-fun things for a couple of days, but after that I'll have lots of fun. In my eyes forcing people to level a stupid VP is anti-fun. Why not give people the choice to level up their VP or start off with a 100% one? Now they're just forcing me to do stupid shit like this to reach a point where I can have actual fun.

I have no entitlement here, but EA needs to deal with the shit that their dumb designs bring with them.

Like it or not, that "dumb" design can be found in every game developed around stat progression; with investment comes reward, and if you can't build up your stats quick, then there's always the option where you can take your time. Matchmaking and more specifically, the Divisions system, were designed with this in mind so they'll always try to pair you against a similar-ranked player/club. I've been kept busy with Seasons these days (Div 5 finally!) but every now and then I'll try to join my friends for some Pro Club. And in what little Pro Club games I played, I was able to hold my own as a midfielder in my two-week old pro club against other high-rated players despite my newly developed VP, by playing conservatively.

kaizoku

Like it or not, that "dumb" design can be found in every game developed around stat progression; with investment comes reward, and if you can't build up your stats quick, then there's always the option where you can take your time. Matchmaking and more specifically, the Divisions system, were designed with this in mind so they'll always try to pair you against a similar-ranked player/club. I've been kept busy with Seasons these days (Div 5 finally!) but every now and then I'll try to join my friends for some Pro Club. And in what little Pro Club games I played, I was able to hold my own as a midfielder in my two-week old pro club against other high-rated players despite my newly developed VP, by playing conservatively.

one of my mates just created a pro and in his debut game (we're in div 5 atm) he got man of the match playing CM.

another mate played CF and got an assist and a goal in his debut.

you don't need to boost to have fun or be good at this game. But regardless of boosting and leveling up, under no circumstances is ruining the experience for other people anything less than absolutely disgusting behaviour.

adelante

you don't need to boost to have fun or be good at this game. But regardless of boosting and leveling up, under no circumstances is ruining the experience for other people anything less than absolutely disgusting behaviour.

Exactly... I scored a sweet header in my 2nd Pro Club match! Just like in real-life football, if you KNOW you're going up against a much better-rated player/club, then maybe it's time to switch to a different playing style. i.e. stop constantly running down the flanks with a VP whose pace you know suck balls. And besides, in Pro Clubs, any lack of individual skill can usually be made up by organised teamplay, good communication, etc

I hope so. But losing 27k in the auction house because Victor Valdes went missing after I won him does make me think this game has it in for me at times. EA's customer service isn't great either, its going to take me up to 10 days to get that 27k back and that's on top of the 1000 FP I'm owed.

On a good note, in the first tournament I have played I'm in the final!

27k that sucks nice chunk of money gone missing, yes ea customer service is shocking.

Meier

Good tip to level your vp up:
- Make your VP a defender
- make sure you go any
- always pass to your VP, dont care about the score and just start doing dribbles. This will piss other people off but whatever.

Omg guys like you are what's wrong with this game, that post makes me sick. What a loser.

I think I played with this asshole the other day based on how the guy was playing. At the end, he started taking control of the keeper and always running out and eventually causing us to lose.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
wow just read that dudes original post.

--best players Ive gotten in packs are Nocerino and Palacio (inter).

I got the psg away kit which is sweet and you can never have enough contracts so its cool.

Ive only spent like 600 space bucks but I think Im hooked :(

I barely play the actual game anymore its just auctions lol

kaizoku

I'm scared to open more packs with coins just incase I lose my luck, sticking with my 300k in the bank.

how did you make so much money? buying cheap and selling on? or did you get some good players in packs and sell those? or do you just win a lot??

Dinokill

What do you guys think of my team?

45782504.png

how did you make so much money? buying cheap and selling on? or did you get some good players in packs and sell those? or do you just win a lot??

Luck thats all I can say I had a war chest of msp used that on the first day, got some good players and sold them on and built my team.

Any coins left over I would open packs and hope for the best, I have to say the packs I've opened with coins have been 10 times better than with msp.

Its strange how its works out, I'm gambling coins to make coins.

kaizoku

if someone was to start out with say 10,000 coins and didn't actually play the game, just wheeled and dealed on the auction house etc, would it be possible to make much profit over time? or would that be painstakingly slow and laborious?

if someone was to start out with say 10,000 coins and didn't actually play the game, just wheeled and dealed on the auction house etc, would it be possible to make much profit over time? or would that be painstakingly slow and laborious?

Depends how many risks you took.

Start off small turn 5k into 7k, 10k into 15k.

Pick a player on a good formation learn his average price and look for him at lower than the average. Pay attention to the 59th minute many a bargain to be had.

But make sure you know what he is worth in relation to the formation and how much a certain card costs.

Don't just chuck money at anyone.

It's definitely possible and I think you could have a nice war chest within a week or two. On Saturday I had my first attempt at "trading" and bought several rare manager cards for roughly 500c and have sold most of them on now far at least 1500c. Tripling the 5000c I spent into about 15,000c. Getting into bid wars is too much of a pain though for me to do it all the time though.

Your namecalling is useless and doesn't hurt my feelings, so keep going. I don't feel entitled to an instant 90 OVR pro. But giving people who can play 24/7 an advantage over me isn't fair either. I only have fun with playing clubs and I'm very good at it. Ofcourse when you're in a shit club in div 8 you don't need boosted players as most people in that division are as shit as you. Just wait until you get to div < 4 (lol who am I kidding) with your 80 rated pro against 90+ rated beasts. You'll stand no chance.

Take my 'tips' or leave them, either way, I'll still use them.
Is it fun to do it like that? No. Is it fair to do it like that? Yes.

Sorry, but this made me think of the dwarf from that South Park episode.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
It's definitely possible and I think you could have a nice war chest within a week or two. On Saturday I had my first attempt at "trading" and bought several rare manager cards for roughly 500c and have sold most of them on now far at least 1500c. Tripling the 5000c I spent into about 15,000c. Getting into bid wars is too much of a pain though for me to do it all the time though.

I just buy obscure gold players that rank in the 80s for cheap and try to sell them. Pretty much just south americans since most fifa players dont seem to watch the smaller club football leagues

Menelaus

Banned
Is this the thread in which we talk about how we're scummy dickbags in drop-in matches?

Because I'm totes leveling my keeper in drop-ins instead of clubs, and it has to be miserable for the poor fools that get my team.

Joates

Banned
EA better make FIFA14's menus and loading screen the best fucking thing ever or I wont be buying it. Such a pile of shit.

I spend more time restarting my xbox and trying to get into games than I do playing. Fuck you EA.

Or maybe charge half price for a game that only maybe works half the time. Surprised they havent started charging extra for the damn online codes that come with the game.

EA better make FIFA14's menus and loading screen the best fucking thing ever or I wont be buying it. Such a pile of shit.

I spend more time restarting my xbox and trying to get into games than I do playing. Fuck you EA.

Or maybe charge half price for a game that only maybe works half the time. Surprised they havent started charging extra for the damn online codes that come with the game.

You havent played Pro Evo have you? Just finding out how to turn off player names appearing under the guy on the field took us 15-20 minutes. EA are geniuses compared to them.

I was using 4-4-2 for a while myself, recently switched to 4-2-2-2, I'm liking that a lot. Gives options to use extra defenders as the CMDs or CAMs into strikers....just more versitle by far.

I am totally rocking the 4-2-2-2 setup, mainly because I'm piecing together an all-Argentina squad and they have some exceptional CAM and CDM options. I really like it so far. With the exception of not having Kun Agüero (lol!) and Lionel Messi (double lol!) on my squad, I feel pretty solid. My next purchase is going to be Mascherano since he can be acquired for ~25K or so.

Here is my current squad:
Biceleste.

The all-Argentina squad feels great together. A bit weak on the GK and RB options, with Romero and Zabaleta being the best available at 77 and 79 ratings, respectively. Still, I play 95% offline mode and am mainly doing this for collecting/fun purposes. Unless I had Messi, I don't see myself competing well against a team as stacked as MiDNiGHTS' above, for instance.

You're always better off going with players from the same league (EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, etc.) over a national based team, right? I figure you'd have more options at higher overall ratings.

AlexBasch

Just bought it today, I rarely play online because I'm horribly shit at this, but let's see if they butchered the Manager Mode this time.

So far, I haven't been able to find the Virtual Pro for Manager Mode and while I appreciate that Kempes and Palomo are the new commentary team, the list of call names they recorded for the players is ridiculously short.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Just bought it today, I rarely play online because I'm horribly shit at this, but let's see if they butchered the Manager Mode this time.

So far, I haven't been able to find the Virtual Pro for Manager Mode and while I appreciate that Kempes and Palomo are the new commentary team, the list of call names they recorded for the players is ridiculously short.

Whoa they use Kempes? Dont like palomo but Ill check it out.

UT down again. Fuck you EA

IllumiNate

I amassed a small fortune of xbl points last year during a half price sale and there kinda burning a hole in my pocket. I already opened 4600 FIFA points worth of packs and am now considering getting another stack. Is there something wrong with me? I'm sitting on 130k coins but I want to build a nice mixed Manchester team with Van Persie, Bolotelli, and Rooney.. haha

I amassed a small fortune of xbl points last year during a half price sale and there kinda burning a hole in my pocket. I already opened 4600 FIFA points worth of packs and am now considering getting another stack. Is there something wrong with me? I'm sitting on 130k coins but I want to build a nice mixed Manchester team with Van Persie, Bolotelli, and Rooney.. haha

Yeah its an addiction.

An expensive one at that, I'd say the best thing for you is allow yourself a certain amount a month and stick to it give yourself something to look forward too.

Personally I started with 5,000 msp and since then haven't used anymore apart from some my gf gave me.

Question is are you getting lucky in these packs, I know people who spend a fortune and don't get shit.

AlexBasch

Whoa they use Kempes? Dont like palomo but Ill check it out.

UT down again. Fuck you EA
Yup, but they recorded only a few voices, kind of a disappointment really.

Glad to see it wasn't just me, I couldn't check that out nor play online games. Which by the way, I got my first win against Liverpool. :D I'm a Man U supporter but sadly, I'm a better player with Arsenal, dat Oxlade-Chamberlain.

SumGamer

I am totally rocking the 4-2-2-2 setup, mainly because I'm piecing together an all-Argentina squad and they have some exceptional CAM and CDM options. I really like it so far. With the exception of not having Kun Agüero (lol!) and Lionel Messi (double lol!) on my squad, I feel pretty solid. My next purchase is going to be Mascherano since he can be acquired for ~25K or so.

Here is my current squad:
Biceleste.

The all-Argentina squad feels great together. A bit weak on the GK and RB options, with Romero and Zabaleta being the best available at 77 and 79 ratings, respectively. Still, I play 95% offline mode and am mainly doing this for collecting/fun purposes. Unless I had Messi, I don't see myself competing well against a team as stacked as MiDNiGHTS' above, for instance.

You're always better off going with players from the same league (EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, etc.) over a national based team, right? I figure you'd have more options at higher overall ratings.

I'm forming up Argentinian squad as well. Playing 4-2-3-1 since it's my most comfortable formation so far. Apart from GK and RB, it's also very lacking at CF as well. But Argentinian squad has one big problem with CB lacking pace. Facing against a speedster side and we are seeing some problem at counter attack. How do you fare against that? Wondering if Samuel helps or should be looking to pair one pacey and one strong CB together.

300k coins is burning a virtual hole in my fifa wallet.

Think I'm gonna try turn it into 500k, invest in IF's or play the markets?

I'd play the market. I'm about to build a cheap Brazilian squad (I know, original) since I got Jadson and Carlos Eduardo in packs, which is a nice jumping off point. Most of these guys are pretty cheap, and if I had access to the Web App I'd probably already have the damn team built. Then, minus some tweaking to both gold teams here, or there, I'm going to start just amassing coins.

I'm forming up Argentinian squad as well. Playing 4-2-3-1 since it's my most comfortable formation so far. Apart from GK and RB, it's also very lacking at CF as well. But Argentinian squad has one big problem with CB lacking pace. Facing against a speedster side and we are seeing some problem at counter attack. How do you fare against that? Wondering if Samuel helps or should be looking to pair one pacey and one strong CB together.

Hugo Campagnaro - 81 OVR, 72 pace, 85 Int
Javier Mascherano - 86 OVR, 68 pace, 94 Int
Nicolas Pareja - 77 OVR, 70 pace, 76 Int

For Centerbacks, look at the interception stat if you think they are a bit slow. While they lack in pace, they will still dominate by intercepting anything that goes by them.

PaulLFC

Your namecalling is useless and doesn't hurt my feelings, so keep going. I don't feel entitled to an instant 90 OVR pro. But giving people who can play 24/7 an advantage over me isn't fair either. I only have fun with playing clubs and I'm very good at it. Ofcourse when you're in a shit club in div 8 you don't need boosted players as most people in that division are as shit as you. Just wait until you get to div < 4 (lol who am I kidding) with your 80 rated pro against 90+ rated beasts. You'll stand no chance.

Take my 'tips' or leave them, either way, I'll still use them.
Is it fun to do it like that? No. Is it fair to do it like that? Yes.
Are you for real?

You evidently do feel entitled to an instant pro, because you're moaning that you're not allowed to have one, and subsequently making the game hell for anyone who has to play with or against you, just because you can't have what you want instantly.

But giving people who can play 24/7 an advantage over me isn't fair either.
Er, yes it is. They have invested time in the game, playing properly, and fairly. Why shouldn't they be rewarded? If you can't or won't invest the time, it's just tough luck. I can't invest the time either - I've hardly had chance to play FIFA online outside of a couple of seasons games - therefore, my pro is rubbish. This is expected. I haven't invested time into the game, therefore I don't get the rewards. Simple.

Is it fair to do it like that? Yes.
No, it really isn't. It's not fair at all on anyone that has to be in the same online game as you and suffer a miserable experience because you'd rather not play properly and instead act like an entitled idiot and threaten to quit should they not bow to your requests of not playing the game properly so you can improve your pro without putting the time in. What's "fair" is actually playing the game properly, as it was intended, like most other people want to when they go online. I'm thankful I don't play FIFA online much because I don't have to encounter people like you. I can only feel sorry for the people who've had to play with or against you.

Feature

Banned
While you guys were still raging on me for trying to give you tips , I went up another 10% within 4 games. Sweet. I have no problem with people owning me by using skill, but not by having their monster VP stomp my VP under the mat just because they could play the game for longer. So yes, what I do is fair, because it's the only way to level the playing field. I'm hardly moaning, I'm more trying to defend my way of playing the game.

If the game design allowed you to pay for a 200% 9ft VP for 200 bucks, you would deem that fair because people who bought that VP invested money into it? That's a clear 'pay to win' scenario. Except in this case it's not pay to win but play all day to win.

Games are about fun, I don't find leveling a VP fun or playing with an unfair advantage, so I do what it takes to make my game fun. It's not like playing a single game with me would ruin your whole FIFA experience, whilst me having a shit VP ruins my whole FIFA experience.

PS: I'm not blackmailing anyone, they can just quit out and no harm done. stop overreacting.

PaulLFC

While you guys were still raging on me for trying to give you tips telling you how to cheat the system while making the online experience miserable for your opponents, I went up another 10% within 4 games. Sweet. I have no problem with people owning me by using skill, but not by having their monster VP stomp my VP under the mat just because they could play the game for longer. So yes, what I do is fair, because it's the only way to level the playing field. I'm hardly moaning, I'm more trying to defend my way of playing the game.

If the game design allowed you to pay for a 200% 9ft VP for 200 bucks, you would deem that fair because people who bought that VP invested money into it? That's a clear 'pay to win' scenario. Except in this case it's not pay to win but play all day to win.

By the way, I'm not blackmailing anyone, they can just quit out and no harm done.
Fixed. Your entire argument would be hilarious if it wasn't so childish. It boils down to "I won't have people gaining an advantage because they put time and effort into the game! How dare they! Give me equal footing now!!"

You're acting like "they can just quit out and no harm done" is you doing them some sort of favour. There is harm done, they went in expecting a proper match and instead got some entitled person with no intention of playing the game properly threatening to quit on them unless they aided his non-playing or quit themselves. So they quit, thereby having to waste time looking for a decent opponent who wants to play the game normally.

Feature

Banned
Fixed. Your entire argument would be hilarious if it wasn't so childish. It boils down to "I won't have people gaining an advantage because they put time and effort into the game! How dare they! Give me equal footing now!!"

You're acting like "they can just quit out and no harm done" is you doing them some sort of favour. There is harm done, they went in expecting a proper match and instead got some entitled person with no intention of playing the game properly threatening to quit on them unless they aided his non-playing or quit themselves. So they quit, thereby having to waste time looking for a decent opponent who wants to play the game normally.

Nice way of totally twisting what I said. You didn't respond to my comparison with pay to win. If people invest lots of money into the game to get an advantage, that would be fine by you right?

PaulLFC

Nice way of totally twisting what I said. Oh dear, they just wasted 2 minutes of their time, the harm done!!! You didn't respond to my comparison with pay to win. If people invest lots of money into the game to get an advantage, that would be fine by you right?
No, it wouldn't. Pay to unlock should be confined to single player modes. That's irrelevant, as it isn't an option anyway. The way you're supposed to build up your skills is playing properly and investing time, not selfishly impacting the game experience for everyone else because you can't be bothered.

kaizoku

Nice way of totally twisting what I said. You didn't respond to my comparison with pay to win. If people invest lots of money into the game to get an advantage, that would be fine by you right?

Most people will play this game all year and never get a goal from 30 yards or a volley from outside the box, nevermind the stacks on top of those like volley with weaker foot from outside the box.

I have 1 weak foot volley from outside the box that I am massively proud of, it may never happen again and it felt awesome when I got it.

My experience > your experience.

Plus anyone who plays with me finds their experience enhanced because I play the game like a real game of football, I play to my pro's strengths and weaknesses and I adapt as he grows over time. I bring other people into the game and I don't let my side down - above all I like to WIN.

You're more than happy to waste your time grinding numbers and ruining the game for others. I know who's having more fun out of the two of us as well as those exposed to us.

Feature

Banned
No, it wouldn't. Pay to unlock should be confined to single player modes. That's irrelevant, as it isn't an option anyway. The way you're supposed to build up your skills is playing properly and investing time, not selfishly impacting the game experience for everyone else because you can't be bothered.

It's very relevant as it directly compares to this situation. Money in pay to win = Time in FIFA 13 VP leveling.

PaulLFC

It's very relevant as it directly compares to this situation.

Money => The best stuff (which is unlockable in the long run)
No money => Shit stuff that takes ages to unlock.
Time => The best VP
No Time => Shit VP which takes ages to unlock completely.
It doesn't compare at all. You cannot pay to have a full-rated Pro. Therefore it's irrelevant in this situation because it's currently impossible.

If we are to expand your logic above, then if I didn't have much money and said "I should get this for free! I don't have much money, give me this expensive TV and sound system for free!" - that's okay is it? No, clearly not. But it's what you're effectively saying.

A fully-levelled Pro is a luxury, just like the top-of-the-range TV would be a luxury. Luxuries have to be worked for. The people who have invested time into their Pro to level them have worked for it, just as people who saved each week/month until they could afford the top-of-the-range TV had worked for their reward.

"I want it for free!" just doesn't work.

iFootball

While you guys were still raging on me for trying to give you tips , I went up another 10% within 4 games. Sweet.

Meanwhile, last night I played 4 games with my 77 Level VP (FIFA did it's 'best' to match me against my level and rank... sometimes it works I guess), my teams lost all 4 games, but using my actual skills I managed to complete enough number of successful passes and a goal to actually earn a +1 increase!... very rewarding and overall a good experience.

So I'm just guessing you're not a good bad FIFA player =(.. it would take you to long to properly level-up... so you cheat to overcome your limitations... So I suggest we settle the matter the manly way and challenge you to some online games =D...
360 right ?

..It's all cool man, you're just the type of player some of us like to avoid

Feature

Banned
It doesn't compare at all. You cannot pay to have a full-rated Pro. Therefore it's irrelevant in this situation because it's currently impossible.

If we are to expand your logic above, then if I didn't have much money and said "I should get this for free! I don't have much money, give me this expensive TV and sound system for free!" - that's okay is it? No, clearly not. But it's what you're effectively saying.

A fully-levelled Pro is a luxury, just like the top-of-the-range TV would be a luxury. Luxuries have to be worked for. The people who have invested time into their Pro to level them have worked for it, just as people who saved each week/month until they could afford the top-of-the-range TV had worked for their reward.

"I want it for free!" just doesn't work.

No it doesn't allow pay to win in this game, but it forces a time to win scenario like I said. I hate pay to win as much as any normal person. I hate this as much. I hate the battlefield unlock shit too. I remember coming into the game only to get destroyed by people with weapons that nuked me into orbit so to speak. EA even saw this and added flares for everyone in air vehicles, because people just starting out were shot down in a matter of seconds. That's another game with the exact same time to win mechanics. Now they even introduced pay to win there so it's only a matter of time they do it to FIFA clubs (virtual pro) too. They've already been doing it with the FUT stuff (see buying gold packs).

I hate it all and am abusing my way around it as much as I can and will forever continue to do this as long as I play games that contain shit like this.

Simple question: why not have the option to level the VP up or just have the full vp right away? People like you guys who seem to love doing these things can continue doing it and people like me who detest them can play the way they want? Honestly I want to see what people have to say about that. I see no disadvantages on having the best of both worlds right there. Because if you think I'm a single person in a small crowd of people trying to level their VP this way, you're totally wrong.

PaulLFC

No it doesn't allow pay to win in this game, but it forces a time to win scenario like I said. I hate pay to win as much as any normal person. I hate this as much. I hate the battlefield unlock shit too. I remember coming into the game only to get destroyed by people with weapons that nuked me into orbit so to speak. EA even saw this and added flares for everyone in air vehicles, because people just starting out were shot down in a matter of seconds. That's another game with the exact same time to win mechanics. Now they even introduced pay to win there so it's only a matter of time they do it to FIFA clubs (virtual pro) too. They've already been doing it with the FUT stuff (see buying gold packs).

I hate it all and am abusing my way around it as much as I can and will forever continue to do this as long as I play games that contain shit like this.

Simple question: why not have the option to level the VP up or just have the full vp right away? People like you guys who seem to love doing these things can continue doing it and people like me who detest them can play the way they want? Honestly I want to see what people have to say about that. I see no disadvantages on having the best of both worlds right there. Because if you think I'm a single person in a small crowd of people trying to level their VP this way, you're totally wrong.
From almost the start of videogames there have been unlockables for doing certain things in the game, which involve time. New modes or cheats for completing the game, a reward for finding all of the collectibles, and so on. Do you hate those too? Do you just want the game to pop up a box when you first insert the disc "Congratulations and thanks for buying our game! Here's all your rewards we would have hidden to give players a challenge and something to work towards, but instead we decided to give you them all up front so you don't have to invest any time in unlocking things!". Because I wouldn't. Rewards should be given for accomplishing something.

Irish

Doesn't want to level his pro up correctly, but wants to play against people who did.... makes no sense. You won't be going up against massively higher rated pros at your level anyway, not sure why you would simply expect to have the highest rated pro ever with no investment.

Feature

Banned
I myself don't care about unlocking / collectibles / ... but I don't mind them if they're in single player modes. Just keep it all out of online mode where it should be solely based on skill, nothing else.

Top Bottom