• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I've heard whisperings that there is a handicap added to lower rated teams in UT. I have nothing to verify that, but it is just what I've heard.

This would kinda explain why my team plays worse the better my team got. I'm tempted to switch back to Jovetic and Milito from Cavani and Pato, they missed about 8 chances per game but at least they were ripping teams to shreds.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
This would kinda explain why my team plays worse the better my team got. I'm tempted to switch back to Jovetic and Milito from Cavani and Pato, they missed about 8 chances per game but at least they were ripping teams to shreds.

I believe it now!

I was playing teams with players that had jovetic and muriel and my falcao/gotze/marchisio team was just seeing all kinds of bullshit.

and penalties called against me smh

03sho

I use 4-1-2-1-2.

J.Cesar

Ivanovic
Vermalean
Luiz
A.Cole

Fellaini
Valencia
The Ox
Cazorla

Torres
Podolski

Stuck in div 1 seasons and can't seem to win it. Always get terrorised by Balotelli and players with pace.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
just got to 1. Needed only 1 win in 2 matches to win div title 2 and lost both!

One I got beat handily but the other one I had an own goal (lol) and a pk called against me.

smh

I might go with 4-2-3-1 and jump on that bandwagon

k0ji-wd

I found 4231 to be weak as fuck in FUT13, you don't get much support from the CAMs unless you switch to ultra attacking so often times you'll find yourself isolated in attack with only the CF/ST. It's only real use is to counter 352, which it's really effective at.

My favourites this year are 4321 and 451. 451 is amazing in attack.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I found 4231 to be weak as fuck in FUT13, you don't get much support from the CAMs unless you switch to ultra attacking so often times you'll find yourself isolated in attack with only the CF/ST. It's only real use is to counter 352, which it's really effective at.

My favourites this year are 4321 and 451. 451 is amazing in attack.

thanks I'll try those. luckily I didn't spend any money on the 4231 except for a italian manager but it was a small loss

--thanks koji will do!

k0ji-wd

thanks I'll try those. luckily I didn't spend any money on the 4231 except for a italian manager but it was a small loss

With 451 try and get a really defensive CM or a fast box to box CM since your CAMs push up ALOT, almost like a 3 with the ST so it's a good idea t have someone like De Rossi or Diaby there depending on league.

kaizoku

On FIFA 12 I was amazing with Brazil and 4-5-1, fastest team in the world and solid defenders too. Just not sure I would choose to build a team around it given I could choose any players in the world, not every player would suit that system.

Ramires was amazing as Cm by the way, fast and hard working, good on the ball too.

I've started working on a premier league side, I drew Bale awhile ago and I just drew Kompany so I guess it's a good place to go next! Also wondering what kind of formation to adopt. I'm tired of feeling vulnerable all the time so I reckon I want a really solid spine that can soak up and counter attack.

k0ji-wd

On FIFA 12 I was amazing with Brazil and 4-5-1, fastest team in the world and solid defenders too. Just not sure I would choose to build a team around it given I could choose any players in the world, not every player would suit that system.

Ramires was amazing as Cm by the way, fast and hard working, good on the ball too.

I've started working on a premier league side, I drew Bale awhile ago and I just drew Kompany so I guess it's a good place to go next! Also wondering what kind of formation to adopt. I'm tired of feeling vulnerable all the time so I reckon I want a really solid spine that can soak up and counter attack.

My BPL team is

De Gea
Rafael Figueroa Djorou Richardson
Wilshere Diaby Anita
Ben Arfa Cisse Sinclair

Really solid, two CBs are High DEF work rate, two High DEF CMs on the side and Diaby in the middle for box to box, and 3 4* skill + up top.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Here is my new team:

really only bought about 3 players but I kept Gotze and of course all of my Colombian players and the back line is the same for now...

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#gAcBfW6Asfh:360

Should probably get somebody better than Juan Cuadrado but I <3 him

can't find a modifier card for the manager but I will just wait till I get home to see if this feels good.

The only teams i have trouble against are the ones that use these crazy formations because Falcao and my 2 wingers seem to be suffocated by so many players in the back/midfield

kaizoku

The game seems to have decided that I'm gonna get relegated from div 1 this season or something, it's like magic. I play a cup game against a really good all French team and win 4-0.

So I play a league game and from the kick off I can tell my team feels disabled again. The guy was a shit player and he had a full Newcastle Utd side, I scored 3 goals despite my team playing shit, and all his goals were basically Papiss Cisse and Demba Ba running through 3 players with super strength and super speed and smashing it into the top corner. Literally did that 6 times, smashes it top corner despite my guy tugging his shirt for a good 15 yards, swatted me awaylike a fly. All the rebounds fell to his guys, my defenders were always 5 yards away from his lone fucking striker and didn't do any interceptions. His midfielders were always running away from my guys and mine didn't give a shit. Fucking Stephen Taylor beat Giovinco in a straight line race despite being at a standing start while Giovinco was already sprinting. I didn't win a single header all game, not one. I have gigantic players who are beasts in the air and I couldn't win a single header against Tiote, Ben Arfa, Cabaye?

k0ji-wd

damn dude, maybe you should take a break from it. . .maybe play regular Seasons or something for a while. Every time I go on a shitty run I just stop playing.

Anyways, after getting used to the sweat fest in Div 1 and winning it 3 times in a row it's gotten a bit boring so I'm going to try to win it by using this team, 6 nations, 3 league 100 chemistry:

wYFbz.png

Super fun, the LW Kandji is a fuckiiiiiiing taaaaaaaaaaank, plus 4* skills as well. 3 games played, 3 won so far and his scored 90% of the goals I think.

kaizoku

Fuck it I quit this piece of shit game. Yet another bullshit game where my defenders can't do a damn thing. I read the moves and I get the balls but instead of clearing it they swing at air and give a goal away. The attacker pushes the ball abit too far and I get in front to clear but instead my guy sticks a leg out and gives away a penalty. I position my guy perfectly to intercept a lofted throughball and instead of clearing the header my guy doesn't jump, he lets the striker control it and then falls over leaving him free.

These all happened while I was winning, the other player did not need to work for those goals, they were all gifts that just happened when he was behind and the game decided to help him out.

I don't need that kind of shit in my sports games, that kind of bullshit can be reserved for wrestling and mario kart.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
lol

damn the formation modifier cards for 451 are really cheap! only about 800-900 or so. the manager one went for 600!

I'm addicted to this shit lol

--thanks man. Already got 1 at that price!

damn dude, maybe you should take a break from it. . .maybe play regular Seasons or something for a while. Every time I go on a shitty run I just stop playing.

Anyways, after getting used to the sweat fest in Div 1 and winning it 3 times in a row it's gotten a bit boring so I'm going to try to win it by using this team, 6 nations, 3 league 100 chemistry:

wYFbz.png

Super fun, the LW Kandji is a fuckiiiiiiing taaaaaaaaaaank, plus 4* skills as well. 3 games played, 3 won so far and his scored 90% of the goals I think.

<--Big MLS fan.

Yeah, Kandji is a beast in most real games. Alot of good players on Houston. Corey Ashe is really good, speedy LB.

Check out the Chicago 3...Oduro, Nyarko, and MacDonald
Not the greatest players, but thier FAST lol

I made a few US/MLS squads, this was the fastest guys I could find (and afford)
plus "some" quality

Dont sleep on this dude, kinda quick and good def., guy ALWAYS come through for me and works well with a Seattle based squad.

I just need these two guys, but thier TOO much, they go for 20k plus and thats a bit much for me..

k0ji-wd

yep, got a mls team too:

2ij2Q.png

oduro/mattocks is kinda like cheating, plus i love the cam nguyen, funny to score and see a vietnamese name pop up

JLG-

I added Hulk to my russian league team. He's a damn tank. I just throw him up as a striker next to Eto'o since he seems kind of wasted as a RM because I don't attack through the wings much. He does some fantastic crosses but i'd rather have him in front of goal and let McGeady stay as the RM.

Ok so I just picked up this game since I've ways wanted to get into a soccer game. The problem is I suck. I mean I completely suck. I know nothing of strategy (about soccer in general: positions, alignments, plays whatever), tricks in the game or whatever. I can't play defense at all and I end up diving around the field like an idiot. I don't know what all the different kicks and passes do or anything. There are so many opitions just tend to ignore them and use just the face buttons in the most simplistic way possible. American Football games are just so much more easier to pick up and be somewhat good at...

Is there kind of guide or something that I could read to figure this stuff out? The game's not very fun when you get your ass kicked all the time and feel like your missing half the game just passing until by chance you shoot and score.

I also know different teams have different styles and are better suited for certain types of soccer but know nothing about that either.

Any help or direction to help would be greatly appreciated. The game is awesome I just don't want to suck forever :(

k0ji-wd

Have you tried the skill games? They're a pretty good starting point imo, and there's thousands of videos on youtube otherwise.

Ok so I just picked up this game since I've ways wanted to get into a soccer game. The problem is I suck. I mean I completely suck. I know nothing of strategy (about soccer in general: positions, alignments, plays whatever), tricks in the game or whatever. I can't play defense at all and I end up diving around the field like an idiot. I don't know what all the different kicks and passes do or anything. There are so many opitions just tend to ignore them and use just the face buttons in the most simplistic way possible. American Football games are just so much more easier to pick up and be somewhat good at...

Is there kind of guide or something that I could read to figure this stuff out? The game's not very fun when you get your ass kicked all the time and feel like your missing half the game just passing until by chance you shoot and score.

I also know different teams have different styles and are better suited for certain types of soccer but know nothing about that either.

Any help or direction to help would be greatly appreciated. The game is awesome I just don't want to suck forever :(

Watch the videos they put in the game, the training one. Play the skill games too.
But if you know NOTHING about soccer, as in positions/formations etc.. then it becomes a little tricky I guess :/
Any questions you have I'm sure we could help. Soccer in general is an amazing sport and I fell in love with it a few years ago after be raised on football, basketball etc.. and learn something new every day be it in the game or in the sport.

Mascot

Fuck it I quit this piece of shit game. Yet another bullshit game where my defenders can't do a damn thing. I read the moves and I get the balls but instead of clearing it they swing at air and give a goal away. The attacker pushes the ball abit too far and I get in front to clear but instead my guy sticks a leg out and gives away a penalty. I position my guy perfectly to intercept a lofted throughball and instead of clearing the header my guy doesn't jump, he lets the striker control it and then falls over leaving him free.

These all happened while I was winning, the other player did not need to work for those goals, they were all gifts that just happened when he was behind and the game decided to help him out.

I don't need that kind of shit in my sports games, that kind of bullshit can be reserved for wrestling and mario kart.

Playing FIFA is an absolute lottery. I never know before it's too late whether my team will be gimped or not, and I never want to quit out no matter how frustrating it is. I'm wondering if all the issues are due to input lag? Timing is everything in FIFA, and even more so in FIFA 13. So if the game thinks you are a split-second too late with all of your controller inputs, it punishes you accordingly.

Whatever. I just wish EA would man up and admit these issues exist.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah, played my first two online games in ages and the same problems are still there for me. First match barely beat a bronze squad 1-0, loads of stuttering making reflex actions impossible. Second match, 2-0 down at half time, couldn't make accurate passes and the other guy just ran past all my guys. Made some substitutions and tried to return to the game for the second half and I "lost" my connection to FUT. My connection is just fine. Guess that's all the online I'll be playing of this game unless they ever fix these problems.

Edit: Also the game has been "returning to ultimate team" for the last five minutes. Have to force close the game.

Messi

They have actively said there is no rubber banding.

Waiting for this to arrive in the mail today or tomorrow been playing FIFA 08 (yes I just said 08) that I bought used for next to nothing since I had been watching the world cup qualifiers and wanted to try a soccer game. Been obsessed ever since with the sport in general, not ready to mix it up with you guys yet.

Final game of the season and all I needed to do it win to claim division one, I get disconnected and now I've got to do it all again. I could have won it the game before I lost in the most ridiculous manner, the first half it was one of those where you have no control over any of your players, went into the second half losing 4-0, pulled it back to 4-3 in the second half and he starts passing it around his defenders doing kick ups, I hate this game and everyone who plays it.

I'm convinced 99% of the Ultimate team player base is terrible at the game yet has top "$$" teams with through ball abuse.

Im only at 2nd division but its been pretty easy even using my 4 star/US mens team, mostly due to the opponents spamming tackles, which I avoid, or constantly trying to lob it over the top, which I usually pull a CDM back and/or play him while pressing the AI defenders and intercepting passes.

Tho...I was up 3-0 on a guy last night...then he just resorted to spam lobbing at every chance...eventually Emerson got me..4 times..

Every game, 80+% passing, 3 to 4 times as many shots on thier keeper, double the tackles, etc...and its a close one or I lose by BULLSHIT..

I'm convinced, if I build a big money team I could steam roll all these bastards lol.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
'lob it over the top'

smh World

--seriously these are pretty much most of the goals I give up it pisses me off. Or own goals lol

---and yes a lot of times when I see awesome teams I think it's just some kid that got the points from their parents monies

'lob it over the top'

smh World

--seriously these are pretty much most of the goals I give up it pisses me off. Or own goals lol

---and yes a lot of times when I see awesome teams I think it's just some kid that got the points from their parents monies

I traded 2 games in today...got two $20 cards...bought 6000 FIFA points :)

Muahaha...I'll prob get NOTHING..

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I traded 2 games in today...got two $20 cards...bought 6000 FIFA points :)

Muahaha...I'll prob get NOTHING..

Dude I've spent like almost $40 on space bucks and the only player of note is probably torres. sold him for 42k and that paid off for falcao. Gotten some decent players like ramires, abbiati, marchisio, etc but nothing like a xavi, iniesta, ronaldo, rvp, etc

I can't stop though!

--also you may want to unlock the coin boosts in the ea store (in the menu before you select UT) so you get extra coinage for your matches in UT. I actually kind of stopped spending real money I just buy my packs with coins now

Mascot

They have actively said there is no rubber banding.

I don't believe there's deliberate rubber banding, momentum, team gimping or whatever you want to call it. I think it's faulty net code that fucks up the balancing of online p2p connections.

Whatever it is, it turns what should be a sublime competitive experience into EASILY the most frustrating videogaming I've ever encountered.

dalVlatko

On the web app or console?

if web app yes it's bugged atm, smh

Console. Got pissed at my team so I put them all up for sale

a few sold but I overpriced the rest and now it won't let me do anything with the expired ones. Don't think I got the coins for the ones that sold either.

Keio

For a Finer World
I don't believe there's deliberate rubber banding, momentum, team gimping or whatever you want to call it. I think it's faulty net code that fucks up the balancing of online p2p connections.

Whatever it is, it turns what should be a sublime competitive experience into EASILY the most frustrating videogaming I've ever encountered.
I really am not sure anymore. I had this 10 game catastrophe streak with everything going wrong with a 100% chem team (9s for all individual) - then after relegation and promotion I'm now on an epic win streak, need 8 points from 5 games to win div 1. Only change? Switch Van Persie for Falcao. And now I'm scared of getting rubber banded again.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Console. Got pissed at my team so I put them all up for sale

a few sold but I overpriced the rest and now it won't let me do anything with the expired ones. Don't think I got the coins for the ones that sold either.

Damn. Probably the fucked up EA servers then. it's the same fucking game since 2008 why can't they sort this shit out?

---yes, the most frustrating game in the world lol

Still my favorite though

Meier

Whaaaat the what at this regen that Real Madrid just bought. He's valued at $45m at age 20 (and understandably so)!

idQTrzajFwwmu.jpg

sneaky77

i thought when there was an update to squads it should update both the ofline and online.. but I noticed the offline formations in team management dont match the default online formations.. and no way to download the update I guess

Top Bottom