• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 - PC Community Thread

Gandie

I hope this is the right thread for this.

I kept getting disconnects before the game even started. I searched online and opened all necessary ports. NAT is still showing as restrictive and I still can't connect to most people. What am I doing wrong?

fifa.png

Desaan

I hope this is the right thread for this.

I kept getting disconnects before the game even started. I searched online and opened all necessary ports. NAT is still showing as restrictive and I still can't connect to most people. What am I doing wrong?

fifa.png

Restrictive NAT could be done on your ISP's side of things as well, especially if they are the cheap and nasty type that like to block any sort of port that sends anything other than regular HTTP traffic. The only other thing it could be is a dodgy router/modem, if you can try putting it in DMZ mode, but not for too long it's generally unwise on a PC, just to see if it un-restricts your NAT.

EDIT: I seem to recall having a similar problem with my PS3 and the online experience a few years ago due to a cheap ass modem router that didn't actually apply any setting I told it to, despite of what I defined. There are sites you can go to and check if those ports are actually open by telling the site to send traffic to a specific port to see if it actually goes through.

The NAT type on FIFA was always fucked on my old ISP but my new one seems fine. The ports never did anything for me either :(

I am not coming on tonight. Way too tired to play FIFA, sorry!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I have completed the turdshit known as Bioshock infinite, can play games whenever

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
It's not as bad as Bioshock 1, is it? It can't be, can it?

We will never speak again

Story time, this ones about a company that managed to make a mockery out of the best game they ever made by releasing another game in the anthology which undermines everything the first game stood for.

We will never speak again

Story time, this ones about a company that managed to make a mockery out of the best game they ever made by releasing another game in the anthology which undermines everything the first game stood for.

Sounds made up

:p

I need to know what makes you say that though, I fucking loved Bioshock 1, it's one of my games of the generation for sure and I adore Infinite to the point that it's my single player GOTG for sure!

Mr Cola

Sounds made up

:p

I need to know what makes you say that though, I fucking loved Bioshock 1, it's one of my games of the generation for sure and I adore Infinite to the point that it's my single player GOTG for sure!

I posted a small dissertation in the other thread, i have more to add but i need a sleep to construct it better.

Irish

Hm... I don't know what to think. The only (and I mean only) thing the original Bioshock did right was the atmosphere and setting. Bio 2 eclipsed it in every way imaginable. So, if the gameplay is as good or better than it was in 2 with the excellent atmosphere from the first one, I don't think I will be displeased. Of course, can Irrational do what 2k Marin managed in the 'fun' department?

Hm... I don't know what to think. The only (and I mean only) thing the original Bioshock did right was the atmosphere and setting. Bio 2 eclipsed it in every way imaginable. So, if the gameplay is as good or better than it was in 2 with the excellent atmosphere from the first one, I don't think I will be displeased. Of course, can Irrational do what 2k Marin managed in the 'fun' department?

The gameplay is without a doubt better than Bioshock 1 and 2.

Edit: Monkey, I read your post and to be honestly I flat out just don't agree with large portions of it. Just seemed like you wanted a different game from the outset! Which is fair enough, it's funny though seeing the contrast as we both love the original.

I wonder what Broken would think....

Irish

So... I've been watching Training Day, Kyoufu, and I'm not entirely sure that we are getting the same things out of Denzel's performance here.

Hixx

Are yous going to be playing again tonight?

Finished Bioshock and want more practice for the cups. And want to hear more about how if Denzel Washington shot a man in the face, shit on him and then urinated in his daughter's mouth, in a film ofcourse, it would be ok for Kyoufu to do that too.

Mr Cola

I know its like the nth time ive done this but for reals, I am on hiatus from this game, got to the point where playing it is not a nice experience most of the time, uninstalled it, will go to other games for a while and look to fifa 14.

I know its like the nth time ive done this but for reals, I am on hiatus from this game, got to the point where playing it is not a nice experience most of the time, uninstalled it, will go to other games for a while and look to fifa 14.

oMTjQRI.jpg

We will be reborn with 14. Like when Aqua took a break just to come back better than ever.

Desaan

Nobody on?

I thought we where going for the cups mangs. I'll hang around for an hour, if nothing is going on I'm off out.

Hixx

I will never poke fun at people who take the Any position again. All the non-pros are like a drunk Titus Bramble.

Top Bottom