• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 14 (360/PS3/PC) |OT| ITS NOT A RESKIN DAMNIT

RS4-

I haven't played Fifa more than a handful of teams in years, same within PES. But I'll borrow both for the hell of it in the next hour or so.

From what I did play of PES 14, it was slow; whether that's a good thing or not, I don't know.

So digital preview or not...it's tempting.

It's a shame that you don't get a discount for the actual game.

Since I'm interested in just one sports title, I would end up paying much more than the retail UT edition.

But I want to give you money EA. You're dumb.

Plasma

Banned
Same old crap from EA the career mode is still really buggy, it freezes after every match I play. I can turn the 360 off and reboot and I won't lose any progress because of the autosave but how did this get pass cert?

NoRéN

Same old crap from EA the career mode is still really buggy, it freezes after every match I play. I can turn the 360 off and reboot and I won't lose any progress because of the autosave but how did this get pass cert?

can you use your virtual pro in career mode?

DannyCool

Loving FIFA so far. But me becoming such a big fan of Ultimate Team has made me completely stop playing all other game modes. I feel it's not worth the time, when i have no "coin-rewards" for my team in UT. When i could rather spend my gaming time on winning coins in UT, i've completely stopped playing every other gamemode. Wish there was a way to get UT coins in Career mode for example, but i know that would seem dumb at the same time.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Loving FIFA so far. But me becoming such a big fan of Ultimate Team has made me completely stop playing all other game modes. I feel it's not worth the time, when i have no "coin-rewards" for my team in UT. When i could rather spend my gaming time on winning coins in UT, i've completely stopped playing every other gamemode. Wish there was a way to get UT coins in Career mode for example, but i know that would seem dumb at the same time.

Online clubs did the same for me, i tried FUT but i couldnt get into it, the randomness of online clubs makes all other game modes feel somewhat predictable.

LNBL

That is why Fut is the most popular game mode ;)

I think i have a reasonable starting team, just need to work on the bench and get a manager.
ap0.png

DannyCool

That is why Fut is the most popular game mode ;)

I think i have a reasonable starting team, just need to work on the bench and get a manager.
edlz.png

Nice team :) How did u manage to get the cash to buy them already? I have a REALLY bad team as starter.

LNBL

Nice team :) How did u manage to get the cash to buy them already? I have a REALLY bad team as starter.

Already got some packs as a Fut founder (playing it since 2009), so that was like 5 gold packs I think. Besides the players that I did buy were not more expensive than 1000 coins. Got several from packs, like Sinclair and Ox.

dreamental

Neo Member
Already got some packs as a Fut founder (playing it since 2009), so that was like 5 gold packs I think. Besides the players that I did buy were not more expensive than 1000 coins. Got several from packs, like Sinclair and Ox.

is being a FUT Founder tied to your gamertag? I played the shit out of FUT in FIFA 09 but haven't bought a FIFA game since FIFA 10.

Shane86

Seen a video a while back where the devs were saying that some things are in the next gen versions that weren't possible this gen, like 3 or more players jumping for the same ball. That combined with the demo being far from impressive means I'll wait on this one.

Gibbo

game is out on Asia Origin btw. Seems to be more demanding than Fifa 13. I had to tone the AA down a notch.

Does anybody know what kind of improvements have been made for the season mode? It was fun in FIFA 13 but it lacked depth. Is it supposed to be any better here?

BlindRage

Question..
I have been playing the early access and I love it..I'm stuck in my college class until 8-830 tonight but only one GameStop 30 minutes away is doing a midnight release.. Is there a way to preorder it so I can pick it up there without stepping in that store until 12 tonight? I would like to only drive that far once if possible

Been playing all day/night and I think this game is fantastic! It is really fun plus the one Pro Clubs game we got into which was on a European server and wasn't lagging we won :D

Amneisac

So gameface still doesn't work in clubs, people are finessing in shots from way outside the box, and people CAN be any in pro clubs even though I though I read on here they took that out, there's no proper 120hz support. So I should have just saved my money.

kharma45

Playing some online seasons, really not liking the new momentum stuff. All just seems so clumsy no matter what player you're using.

JLG-

So is anyone else have trouble "bidding" or using "buy now" on FUT? For some reason it won't let me do either. I can only select the options "trade offer" "add to transfer targets" and "compare price"

>=(

edit: nvm it's working now.

Hieberrr

I recently got into FUT despite owning 12 and 13. Seems pretty fun so far. I'm doing cups at the moment, so I haven't even touched the online matches or tournaments... yet.

And buying through PSN = AWESOME. No taxes + dem load times :O~

krpiper

If I played a lot of FUT in 13 (first FIFA game I really got into) should I keep playing that still and wait for a price drop? Or is there a lot of improvements to FUT that I should try 14. I played mostly offline in 13 btw

AlexBasch

Picked up my copy today as well.

Crosses feel more natural, there's a few new more animations here and there but I did notice a small...slowdown (?) when the ball moves too fast from the midfield to either end of the pitch.

Just started my career mode but I'll check the online tomorrow. Pleased with the game so far.

EDIT: I feel kinda weird for giving zero fucks about FUT.

Build a shitty team. Play several matches with said shitty team. Get some coins. Continue to play shitty teams. Bah.

For some reason, I don't feel it's a drag in Career Mode, weird.

I know it's still very early, but a couple of the reviews mentioned that the pacing issues/exploits have been toned down this year, which would be a godsend. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I have no interest in playing online again this year if everyone just does through lobs, and builds teams strictly around pace.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
First FIFA for me for donkey's years. The controls look like street fighter - do you need to learn all that or can you get by with basic controls initially? It's way more daunting than I expected

Amneisac

I know it's still very early, but a couple of the reviews mentioned that the pacing issues/exploits have been toned down this year, which would be a godsend. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I have no interest in playing online again this year if everyone just does through lobs, and builds teams strictly around pace.

Well, curiously they have allowed people to use assisted passing online again this year. And yes, there is a tons of air lobbed through passes that smoke clueless defenders. Also air crosses to header goals have been prevalent like they were in FIFA 10? or whichever one that was. I'm hugely disappointed so far.

airblade

Banned
I thought Chicharito was going to be on the cover this year along with Messi, I can only seem to find the global cover :(.

First FIFA for me for donkey's years. The controls look like street fighter - do you need to learn all that or can you get by with basic controls initially? It's way more daunting than I expected

Generally, you can just use the left stick, ABXY and the right trigger for run.

LB+Y (lobbed through ball) is about the only combo button press that is really important.

You can ignore the skill moves completely to start with. I only use them rarely, as a kind of desperation move to try and beat a defender.

Left trigger is now almost useless (it used to be slow drible, but now it's 'protect the ball'). Both triggers at once does a controlled slow dribble that can be useful, but it's not essential.

While on the ball, point left stick towards a teammate and press LB to tell him "make a run", but teammates should make runs by themselves. You can also use LB+A to start a 1-2 pass. Not critical, but useful - especially for setting up an LB+Y lobbed through ball.

Off the ball, hold RB to get the nearest AI teammate to close down the opponent. This is very handy, but you have to be careful not to drag your defenders out of position.

Unless they changed things in the release version, just use B to shoot. Don't bother with silly button combo trick shots, since they are way more likely to miss.

Once you've played a lot, you'll start trying out some of the more exotic moves. It works really well, since there's always something new (but never essential) to try adding to your play.

pix

This is my first Fifa and I got it on PC. Is it feasible to just keep buying the 7500 gold pack when I get that much, or should I save and buy the players I want? It seems fun to only buy packs and build a team with what you get.

JLG-

This is my first Fifa and I got it on PC. Is it feasible to just keep buying the 7500 gold pack when I get that much, or should I save and buy the players I want? It seems fun to only buy packs and build a team with what you get.

IMO save you're coins for players you want. Often times you'll get nothing but garbage from gold packs. Of course you may get lucky and find an inform which you can flip and build a nice team with those coins.

Use Futhead.com as a resource.

TheIconizer

Neo Member
I have a lot of freezing. First it happened when I entered UT then during a Seasons match- I got the game a day earlier even bought the Ultimate Edition but I feel like I'm getting ripped. Constant freezes really make me kind of sad as I waited for months for this game. Anybody else getting these freezes?

Safest choice would be to save up. I spent real money on a bunch of packs and got no one good but I did sell all the little things for 100k. Prices are at their highest in the first month so even common 82 rated golds are going for like 5k+. This is good if you're selling but it also means you shouldn't buy expensive players because they could drop 50% in a month.

The best time to buy coming up is during the TOTY releases because prices crash before and go right back up after. I'm hoarding coins until then and picking up guys like Robben when they drop. Also keep an eye on EA fifa twitter for scheduled downtime because you can bid on guys before the servers go down and maybe win some cheap bids.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone who gets the game today in Spain could you let me know what available languages it has?

I've read it's Spanish, Portuguese and English but I'd like someone to confirm if they could.

Top Bottom