• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 14 (360/PS3/PC) |OT| ITS NOT A RESKIN DAMNIT

Blablurn

1770812.jpg

cant believe u still cant turn them off. i hate rain during online matches.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Played 10 games offline only scored 1 goal. The defending seems way overpowered. They chase me down in seconds and nab the ball too easy. I'm really struggling to get any decent attempts on goal on Pro and on FIFA 13 I usually play World Class and don't eveb have this much trouble.

Anyone else dealing with the same problem? I can easily get up front to score but by the time I get the ball for the player to shoot at least 2 defenders have charged me and taken me down.

Blablurn

Played 10 games offline only score 1. The defending seems way overpowered. They chase me down in seconds and nab the ball too easy.

I'm really struggling to get any decent attempts on goal on Pro and on FIFA 13 I usually play World Class.

Anyone else dealing with the same problem? I can easily get up front to score but by the time I get the ball for the player to shoot at least 2 defenders have charged me and taken me down.

It's even worse in the new PES

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
It's even worse in the new PES

Needs to be fixed man. I've just adjusted the sliders for sprint and acceleration to 80 for User and kept it at 50 on CPU bu they are still chasing me down too easy.

Edit: Lol sliders on 100 for me and Almeria are still taking down Real Madrid with ease. Good job EA.

Mascot

1770812.jpg

cant believe u still cant turn them off. i hate rain during online matches.

I'm guessing no stadium/time of day/weather selection in online friendlies then?

Such Draconian bullshit. Rainy floodlit matches play half as responsively as dry pitch/sunny matches in FIFA 13, and the same probably applies to 14.

Give us the choice to play the game how WE want, EA. Jesus.

Hixx

I'm guessing no stadium/time of day/weather selection in online friendlies then?

Such Draconian bullshit. Rainy floodlit matches play half as responsively as dry pitch/sunny matches in FIFA 13, and the same probably applies to 14.

It's actually not as bad in 14 but still a poorer game than on a dry pitch.

Also Jozy Altidore's shooting reminds me of Adriano in PES6. So good.

I've been playing FIFA games since 05 or 06 and I've never been able to figure it out: how do you leash a player from running after a ball?

It's always been a common thing for friendly AI, even under player control, to run after a ball about to go out for a favourable throw-in and needlessly tap it out to give away possession, or to run after a ball from an offside position even when an onside player can also get to it. I bought 14 about an hour ago and see that this still happens, and I figure my 8th year with the game is the right time to finally look into stopping this (surely you can?).

Blablurn

nope, cannot change stadiums either : (

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Can anyone tell me if there's an upgrade plan for this PS3-PS4 in the UK and if so what it is?

GAME: Buy PS3 version from GAME, trade in to GAME and they'll give you £40 credit towards PS4 version (have to buy both games from GAME)

Amazon: buy PS3 version from anywhere. Trade in to amazon and they'll give you £37 credit (£15 trade in and £22 bonus) towards the ps4 version. You can also use this credit to buy BF4 or NFS rivals

Blablurn

So fucking annoying.

yeah, and rain games are so damn bad. the only good thing about them is: they help to control overpowered players like ronaldo and bale. because without rain they are just too freaking fast. and unfortunately most people use madrid in seasons mode : (

xbhaskarx

authentic ball physics based on new formulas which dictate the flight path and trajectory of a shot. Both were overhauled for FIFA 14 to match how the ball moves in space.

Is this cutting edge research being conducted on the international space station?

Will get this for WiiU.

Oh, EA doesn't like my money.

You bought a WiiU, so apparently you don't like your money, either.

GAME: Buy PS3 version from GAME, trade in to GAME and they'll give you £40 credit towards PS4 version (have to buy both games from GAME)

Amazon: buy PS3 version from anywhere. Trade in to amazon and they'll give you £37 credit (£15 trade in and £22 bonus) towards the ps4 version. You can also use this credit to buy BF4 or NFS rivals
I can't find the offer anywhere on their website unfortunately but it does sound like a good deal.

Majukun

didn0't bought the game this year after fifa 13 and disliking the demo,but i'm curious about impressiones on the final product

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Really disappointed with this game. Seems to have taken a step back from 13 in terms of gameplay.

Team never attacks, computer is over powered, defending way too strong, slower players easily catch faster players.

Next gen version better have improved.

Moozo

Are there any of these where you can go 360-PS4?

Anyone know the best deal for FIFA 14 on PC? Looks like it is a base price of $39 on Amazon. I was hoping to find a place that kicks back some promotional credit or a %10 of coupon or something.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Are there any of these where you can go 360-PS4?

both

GAME require you to keep the same game - so FIFA->FIFA but you can go 360-PS4 or PS3-Xbox one if you like.

Amazon don't care. You can trade in any of the games (bought anywhere) to get the credit against any other game (in their list - only the three EA ones)

link to amazon offer - link

Messi

yeah, and rain games are so damn bad. the only good thing about them is: they help to control overpowered players like ronaldo and bale. because without rain they are just too freaking fast. and unfortunately most people use madrid in seasons mode : (

You will see Madrid a lot when you pick Bayern :p I pick 4 star teams and never really have to play the big teams, I only seem to get PSG every once in a while.

Moozo

both

GAME require you to keep the same game - so FIFA->FIFA but you can go 360-PS4 or PS3-Xbox one if you like.

Amazon don't care. You can trade in any of the games (bought anywhere) to get the credit against any other game (in their list - only the three EA ones)

link to amazon offer - link

Cheers, think that Game one must have changed/been clarified because I was under the impression you couldn't do it, but it clearly states you can now.

xintin

Is something going on with FUT? I won 4 items through auction, but they're stuck in the active section of my transfer targets instead of expired and I can't assign them to my squad/club.

sestrugen

Is something going on with FUT? I won 4 items through auction, but they're stuck in the active section of my transfer targets instead of expired and I can't assign them to my squad/club.

I usually have to back out to the transfer menu a couple of times before its corrected, it's annoying.

Is it just my friend and I or is the passing woeful in this game? The amount of times the receiving player is right in front of you, you hold the direction and pass, only for the ball to roll about the 2 yards past the target.

Koko

Banned

Yeah this happened a lot last year. The auctions will eventually end but you'll have to wait for an x amount of time.

Eanan

Went on to twitch to see some pack openings. This guy spent 112k FIFA points on packs already! He had 2197 contracts when he showed his consumables. Here is his first team:

xZcgJEA.png

What is the point of doing that on the first day... Its ridiculous spending so much on virtual packs.

delume

Hey all, this is my first football game since probably International Superstar Soccer 64 and I am truly stumped as to how to play well. I've been looking for a good basics guide (how to effectively tackle, how to break away, etc.) but have not found anything simple enough. Any help/a link would be greatly appreciated. One thing is I am constantly holding down sprint, which I think is not the way to go as everyone moves like they are being controlled by a d-pad instead of an analog stick.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Hey all, this is my first football game since probably International Superstar Soccer 64 and I am truly stumped as to how to play well. I've been looking for a good basics guide (how to effectively tackle, how to break away, etc.) but have not found anything simple enough. Any help/a link would be greatly appreciated. One thing is I am constantly holding down sprint, which I think is not the way to go as everyone moves like they are being controlled by a d-pad instead of an analog stick.
Mastering runs is key in this game, use the 2nd running speed a lot to dribble a facing opponent. And switch to full manual passes as soon as you can.

delume

Mastering runs is key in this game, use the 2nd running speed a lot to dribble a facing opponent. And switch to full manual passes as soon as you can.
So should I be learning with everything set to manual (there are many passing/player switching options) and by second running speed do you mean without holding sprint? I am trying to be less aggressive in defense, which is stopping them cutting through my line every single time but I don't seem to get the ball until they take a shot. Really looking forward to getting a better handle on this game, as when it is played well it looks beautiful.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Player switching of course. Shots on manual are tough, I'd recommend not starting like that.

There are 3 running speeds, learn to use the middle one (lots of people never do and it makes all the difference).

Lunchbox

Banned
So should I be learning with everything set to manual (there are many passing/player switching options) and by second running speed do you mean without holding sprint? I am trying to be less aggressive in defense, which is stopping them cutting through my line every single time but I don't seem to get the ball until they take a shot. Really looking forward to getting a better handle on this game, as when it is played well it looks beautiful.

you wanna win buddy?

keep hitting lobbed through balls at 90 pace stikers after a one two. LB A LB Y

you mastered FIFA. division 1 every year

#paceKillsInThisTrashGame

Clawww

Quick question: can someone explain the FIFA DLC gold packs? My little brother is interested, but I need a breakdown of what it is/does. Thanks.

Mascot

So, is FIFA 14 worth another £40?

From what I'm reading it's got the same old annoying problems and exploits, but with flatter shots, this season's kits and updated player rosters.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So, is FIFA 14 worth another £40?

From what I'm reading it's got the same old annoying problems and exploits, but with flatter shots, this season's kits and updated player rosters.

Not worth it in my opinion.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
So I boot up fifa 14 and UT gives me like 4 packs and a reward item full of shitty bronzes.

I then try to use the code in the box to get another 4 free packs but it says invalid code. Wtf?

redfirm

Banned
I've been playing FIFA games since 05 or 06 and I've never been able to figure it out: how do you leash a player from running after a ball?

It's always been a common thing for friendly AI, even under player control, to run after a ball about to go out for a favourable throw-in and needlessly tap it out to give away possession, or to run after a ball from an offside position even when an onside player can also get to it. I bought 14 about an hour ago and see that this still happens, and I figure my 8th year with the game is the right time to finally look into stopping this (surely you can?).

L2 + R2

Both impressed and not impressed so far

The gameplay tweaks are good enough and make for a good game I just hope the commentary gets a complete overhaul next time around

Career mode I'm not sure about the new scouting player system is a bit odd and I don't like that you can't just look at the transfer market and see how good people are

Also the menus in career mode are diabolical on my mates ps3 it takes a good few seconds to register a button press making team selection a nightmare

Top Bottom