• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fifa 14 PC Online Clubs |OT| Home of Believe FC, Passion and Broken dreams

Hixx

It's unresponsive as hell. All the bugs and cheap tactics from last season are still there and as infuriating as ever. Every stadium has rain and snow which are about as fun to play on as getting a nail driven through your left bollock. Small, fast players are still way too good despite the drivel from EA promising they wouldn't be. Counter attacks from corners are still way too potent. Finesse shots are back to fifa 12 levels of cheese. Headers are on a par. If you don't play with any ANY you might as well forfeit, the AI is even worse than last year.

And, majorly, it simply isn't as fun to play as fifa 13 clubs. The new gameplay just doesn't suit it at all.

And it's not me 'being bad' at the game. I am scoring just as many as I was last season. I just enjoyed that an awful lot more.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
And again I say I almost quit last years game 50 games in but you have to give it time, 2 days ain't time enough to tell. Once people work out what doesn't work and ways to defen against what does then the skill comes in. A game where there is PVP is always going to have a competitive feel to it once the mechanics are worked out, whether people enjoy the game after that point I don't know but what I do know is 2 days is not a great aggregator of how a PVP game is going to feel when it's played properly

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I won't be on tomorrow it seems, we'll I will be there from 8 to 10:30 am but have to go out after. Can't play Thursday as I'm at groups, maybe Friday morning and not at all this weekend :(. Maybe I can get laptop on Monday if dell are quick

Amneisac

Gamefame still doesn't work - what's up with teams playing with an Any, I thought I heard that wasn't allowed? It's all header goals and cheese bullshit from outside the box. It feels like the field is covered in tar. It's slow and unresponsive. This really blows. If I would have bought from Origin I'd request a refund. This is seriously lame.

Mr Cola

Gamefame still doesn't work - what's up with teams playing with an Any, I thought I heard that wasn't allowed? It's all header goals and cheese bullshit from outside the box. It feels like the field is covered in tar. It's slow and unresponsive. This really blows. If I would have bought from Origin I'd request a refund. This is seriously lame.
I'm sorry you feel this way, did you play clubs with the guys or just solo?

Meteorain

I think the slow and unresponsive feeling is a perspective thing compared to 13. Since everything has more inertial properties, it feels a bit sluggish by comparison.

Hixx

I think the slow and unresponsive feeling is a perspective thing compared to 13. Since everything has more inertial properties, it feels a bit sluggish by comparison.

no it is shit compared to single player and even online that isn't clubs

kharma45

Yeah I played three games of seasons today and really didn't like it. Every player feels like fucking Heskey, it's so clumsy and out of control.

Remy

Just digging in after getting home. Sent out friends requests, hoping to help lead Believe FC to further glories this year. Boyhood dream and all that.

Just digging in after getting home. Sent out friends requests, hoping to help lead Believe FC to further glories this year. Boyhood dream and all that.

Accepted you. Should just be able to join the club now! Just stopped playing for the night personally cause my Internet is playing up.

Boyhood dream of many, but only possible for a few of us. We should feel luckily and privelgede to be able to represent believe FC, we should do it with pride and while thinking of those less unfortunate, like the 360 and ps3 clubs.

More gifs!

inVUzjqF5pdYO.gif

Mr Cola

So good fortune, ill be on till 1 again today :O, ill do drop ins till people come online

Mr Cola

Sorry had to bolt, might be back friday

Mr Cola

I think I still got the goal, worth :|

Mr Cola

Also someone please gif in in invids 90th minute cross, that will go down in legend

misterF

Neo Member
Any chance for me to get back in the club? Gave up because of lag on 13 but had a lot of fun and would like to try again on this year's version.

Amneisac

I'm sorry you feel this way, did you play clubs with the guys or just solo?

I have two friends and we've been playing online clubs since FIFA 10 so I've been playing with them. I guess I should have known what to expect, but I have been pretty disappointed with pro clubs so far. We're starting to get better, but it's mostly by embracing the cheese and just crossing in headers and chipping through balls and it makes me feel dirty.

I also like the idea behind the changes with not seeing your opponents ahead of time, but it's a little annoying playing teams with 6+ people and only having 3 players.

Mr Cola

Might be able to play till 12 tomorrow and possibly a bit this weekend when my other brother comes to stay for a bit.

Mr Cola

I have two friends and we've been playing online clubs since FIFA 10 so I've been playing with them. I guess I should have known what to expect, but I have been pretty disappointed with pro clubs so far. We're starting to get better, but it's mostly by embracing the cheese and just crossing in headers and chipping through balls and it makes me feel dirty.

I also like the idea behind the changes with not seeing your opponents ahead of time, but it's a little annoying playing teams with 6+ people and only having 3 players.
We'll clubs is it's own beast as you know, as regards cheesy goals we score anyway we can, we don't go into a game trying to score certain types of goals but if we did we would basically never score. Half the fun we have is just having fun as a group in mumble. Also I'll admit as 5-8 players coming up v 2s and 3s was usually nicer, that being said we have our fair share of pounding from them

Amneisac

We'll clubs is it's own beast as you know, as regards cheesy goals we score anyway we can, we don't go into a game trying to score certain types of goals but if we did we would basically never score. Half the fun we have is just having fun as a group in mumble. Also I'll admit as 5-8 players coming up v 2s and 3s was usually nicer, that being said we have our fair share of pounding from them

True enough, we don't specifically prohibit certain types of goals or anything, but it's just less fun to sprint down the wings and lob in headers all day. Also with the bugs with the star ratings on dribbling and stuff it's impossible to get in any kind of rhythm since you never know if you're going to be a 5 star or 2 star dribbler from match to match. I guess I feel like in a lot of ways it's gone backwards from FIFA 13 and I really didn't think that would happen.

Yes monkey you need to be able to play this weekend when I can actually play early again. pls

Just had a fantastic drop in match, some bug happened and we had two goal keepers all match

0OrWelC.jpg

and pamperchu is back.

2kIzkk3.jpg

Mr Cola

I may b e able to get hold of an old desktop, probably can't run FIFA tho

Mr Cola

cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup cup

Finally MrCupla can return

Hixx

Oh man I had no idea they had the classic Adidas Predators in game. Just bought them, I am pimped for the next time we play.

Mr Cola

Can someone check what level the calm down celebration is, I hope it's not over 44 D:

Top Bottom