• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

looks the same as last year, unimpressed to be honest.

#returnoftheking

itJtkpJDwYxQ.gif

Meier

One thing to note is that if you leave one club and join another, your individual stats reset on the club page (games played, goals, assists, passing/shooting percentage, etc). Not that big of a deal if you don't mind, but something to keep in mind.

Messi

Can't wait for the release. Wanna see how my boy Munir is in this. At least as good as Sterling I would think.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
and yet, the game has Messi being a better player than Cristiano Ronaldo. HA
HA
HA

smh

Messi is the better player, Ronaldo too busy violently assaulting players these days.

Anyone spotted any good deals on origin for this? As in, foreign country origins.

£24 for normal and £28 for special edition on Origin Mexico.

Zephyrus

Banned
Messi is the better player, Ronaldo too busy violently assaulting players these days.

Messi isn't even in the current top 3 let alone better than Ronaldo.

And Ronaldo is being violent? Well about damn time he treats others as they treat him.

AlexBasch

To be fair, Mexico was robbed of two goals in the first half. Can't help but think that the Goal Line Technlogy was like a "fuck you, disallow this" to the ref, haha.

I have a question.

From the uk, but if I buy from the US PSN store then will it unlock next Tuesday? As I will get it cheaper and get to play it early.

NHale

I have a question.

From the uk, but if I buy from the US PSN store then will it unlock next Tuesday? As I will get it cheaper and get to play it early.

Yes. And you can play it with your European account if you wish. If your speaking about PS4, it has preloading so you can play it as soon as it unlocks (IRC Destiny unlocked at 8am GMT Tuesday).

Let's hope Sony doesn't noticed this and start IP blocking us. Right now with the overpriced UK games (>40 pounds), preloading a game from the US PSN Store is a no brainer.

The Cowboy

goal line tech seems like such a needless gimmick for this game
I'm not so sure, it seems the goal in the end is to make the game as realistic (in gameplay and presentation) as possible, making is seem like you are watching a real match on TV - i actually think the addition of things like goal line tech (and the ball boys and bench reactions etc) within the game are really great additions.

DrunkDan

Obviously Messi is higher rated, he's the cover star.

Plus he's the best player. Does more for the team then Ronaldo does, passing range is unreal and he's happy to track back and assist other players. Ronaldo is a freak too but he's too self centred and plays more for himself. Most managers would rather Messi I think. Plus he almost single handedly dragged the Argies to a World Cup final.

Doesn't matter anyway, even with a lower rating Ronaldo is still going to be a more useful player on the game - stronger, quicker, better heading etc. Its just EA's way of keeping Messi as the 'best' player (aside from Pele).

florin3k3

I will not fall for their shit again, I will not fall for their shit again, I will not fall for their shit again

*release day*

I fell for their shit again

Yeah. That's what happens when there is no alternative. I'll give PES a try but will probably stick with fifa

Tainted

PS4 version still has input lag issues on menues and penalty kicks?

I found the main issue with FIFA 14 on the PS4, was that the peno kicks, free kicks etc ran at 30fps whereas the rest of the game ran at 60. This caused issues for me when taking penalties

From playing the '15 demo, they appear to have penalties running at 60fps now (but replays and free kicks are still at 30)

It would be nice if it was 60 straight across the board....maybe when the last gen consoles are an afterthought

stay gold

I'm such a sucker for FUT. Gonna buy a bunch of packs when the early access starts on XB1 and try and get a head start on trading.

AcridMeat

Banned
Just finalized greenmangaming purchase of the PC version today ($45). I haven't been this hyped for a sports game since I can remember.

Or a game in general.

My first order of business, Arsenal career and trade Ozil for Draxler. For FUT, Kroos, Draxler and Reus carry me to the promised land.

Also can't wait to play the 22 player mode online.

florin3k3

I've actually had a ball clearly cross the line and no goal was given. Also, I was called offside once although the player receiving the ball was a good 2-3 feet onside.
Is it on purpose to have refs make "mistakes" so it's more authentic or just a glitch?

Into

Hyped!

Any news on the career mode? Do you just pick a team, who then sends you on loan to some shitty third division side?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
This will be my first FIFA on PC after 5 years (and a short run with FIFA 12.5 on WiiU). I really enjoyed the demo, so I'm looking forward to this.

Dartastic

AW YEAH. DO YOU LIVE IN PORTLAND? DO YOU GO TO GAMES? I DON'T SEE YOU IN THAT AMERICAN SOCCER THREAD...

IF YOU'RE IN PORTLAND, LET'S HANG OUT AND WATCH THE CCL GAME, UNLESS YOU'RE GOING TO IT IN WHICH CASE NEVER MIND BECAUSE I'M POOR AND DON'T HAVE A TICKET.

NHale

I've actually had a ball clearly cross the line and no goal was given. Also, I was called offside once although the player receiving the ball was a good 2-3 feet onside.
Is it on purpose to have refs make "mistakes" so it's more authentic or just a glitch?

Goalline tech should be 100% reliable. If it showed as goal then it should have counted. If it didn't it's a bug and I'm sure FIFA will not be pleased about it...

About the offsides I like it that it's not 100% reliable but they should have a option like MLB The Show has about refereeing error free or not. And it should be error free on online of course.

Jack cw

Thinking about getting the PC ver. and was wondering how big the playerbase on the platform will be over time?

Dont worry about the userbase. You'll always find someone on every system. If you care for leagues and such then most of GAF is on consoles I think.

The improvements sound good, but playing the demo put me off buying this for now. I'll wait for the PES demo and will make a decision then, though if that also disappoints, I've got no problem playing FIFA14 for another year and waiting for this to hit the EA Access Vault.

Obviously Messi is higher rated, ........

Doesn't matter anyway, even with a lower rating Ronaldo is still going to be a more useful player on the game - stronger, quicker, better heading etc. Its just EA's way of keeping Messi as the 'best' player (aside from Pele).

Can confirm that. EA also has a bias towards Premier League/ UK ratings.
They have bums like Lampard and Glen Johnson on 80+ ratings....
Rooney is a 83 IRL at best, but EA will have him as one of the worlds top strikers....

Top Bottom