• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

krpiper

So I had some stuttering issues in the demo (PS4 NA), most noticeably when kickoffs or the ball was "airborne" for a long time, like when the goalie kicks it back into play or a long throw in. It was rock solid the rest of the time.

Will this be "fixed" in the final game, as thats the only niggle I have with it so far.

Excited for Tuesday: krpiper is my PSN

UncleO

First Fifa i will not be buying on a console for a long time. PC version for me this year, i will be looking towards the GAF for some club teammates.

Gibbo

PC gaf reporting in as well. If anyone wants to play Fifa 14 as a warm up to 23 Sep , hit me up. Origin ID : tanbrother

pieface

So...

Do we know if 2v2 is still in?

Do we know if we have "Guest" mode back?

Do we know if we can play 2v2 ranked with someone on the same console? (seriously, why can't two people log into the same xbox/PS and play 2v2???)

So...

Do we know if 2v2 is still in?

Do we know if we have "Guest" mode back?

Do we know if we can play 2v2 ranked with someone on the same console? (seriously, why can't two people log into the same xbox/PS and play 2v2???)

The first two are in. Not sure about the last one.

They binned it completely?

Remember last year they made it so you could only trade between friends, but getting rid of it completely sucks

EA has announced that it is removing trade offers from Ultimate Team mode for FIFA 15.

Trade offers were a way for users to exchange items with one another directly rather than relying on the game's auction mechanism. In theory this allowed for barter deals, but in practice most people used trade offers to share items with friends - stuff like coins and players that would otherwise take the second player a long time to obtain. On the surface of it, then, it seems like a frustrating change for friends who like to innocently pool their resources.

However, EA's decision to remove trade offers has more to do with a third category of user.

"Although some honest players used this feature to trade with friends, it became one of the methods used by coin sellers to sell and move coins," the developer said in a forum post announcing the change.

"Account phishers also abused Trade Offers by moving stolen players and coins after wrongfully gaining access to unsuspecting FUT player accounts.

"This will also address 'bid bumping', where people would try and trick others into bidding far more than they wanted for a player item."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-16-ea-removes-trade-offers-from-fifa-15-ultimate-team

Carlius

Banned
these two football games need better referees. PES has way too sensitive referees that call everything and fifa has stupidly flexible ones that you can go a whole match without getting a foul call, which kills the immersion and the realism, but fifa is the biggest offender of both.

I was thinking this last night while playing the demo. Why don't the managers get scanned in and used?

Would of loved to of seen David Moyes

L1NETT

Relegate me if old, but heres ya soundtrack

Avicii -NEW SONG
A-Tak -NEW SONG
Bang La Decks - Utopia feat. Dominique Young Unique
Broods -L.A.F.
Catfish And The Bottlemen -Cocoon
ChocQuibTown - Uh La La
Death From Above 1979 -Crystal Ball
Dirty South - Tunnel Vision feat. SomeKindaWonderful
Elliphant - All Or Nothing feat. Bunji Garlin and Diplo
Elliphant - Purple Light feat. Doja Cat
Emicida feat. Rael - Levanta e Anda
FMLYBND - Come Alive
Foster The People - Are You What You Want To Be?
Jacob Banks - Move With You
Joywave - Tongues feat. Kopps
Jungle - Busy Earnin'
Kasabian -Stevie
Kinski Gallo - Cumbia Del Corazón
Kwabs -Walk
Lowell - Palm Trees
Madden Brothers - We Are Done
Madeon -NEW SONG
Magic Man -Tonight
Milky Chance - Down By The River
MPB4 - Agiboré (Marky's Ye-Mele Refix)
Nico & Vinz - When The Day Comes
Polock - Everlasting
Prides - Out Of The Blue
Rudimental - Give You Up feat. Alex Clare (World Cup Remix)
Saint Motel - My Type
Saint Raymond - Wild Heart
Sante Les Amis -Brasil
Slaptop -Sunrise
Teddybears - Sunshine feat. Natalie Storm
Tensnake - Pressure feat. Thabo
The Griswolds - 16 Years
The Kooks - Around Town
The Mountains - The Valleys
The Ting Tings - Super Critical
tUnE-yArDs - Water Fountain
Vance Joy - Mess Is Mine

New Madeon and A-Trak. Hell yeah.

I wonder how fut players will like the no more trade option.

They will only miss it for player swaps/wager payouts and gifting coins (can still do it with BIN) other than that it was useless.

You try and sell a player who is worth at least 150 K and you just receive bullshit offers undercutting by thousands hoping you take pity or just fuck up.

AcridMeat

Banned
Glad to see so many people jumping to the PC version, maybe this is the year where we can have a PC league/tournament.
I was talking to my friend about it last night, specifically the 22 player mode. He had the idea of how cool it'd be if there was a big tournament organized, a World Cup. Where every team has people from a nation and you compete against each other. Would be so damn amazing.

Frankly I'm happy to hear so many are on PC this year since I wasn't sure about it. Sad to see we can't trade between friends in FUT though. :/

I didn't realize there was such an active large PC community for FIFA here. I think I'm going to get the PC version this year instead of PS4. I played some 350+ Seasons matches on PS4 with 14 but it'd be so much better to play with a community and be able to play pro club stuff, leagues, etc.

goal line tech seems like such a needless gimmick for this game

its not a gimmick. They want Fifa to look and feel like a real tv broadcast, thats why they put in the real Scoreboards etc. and work with i think Sky UK to get the real camera angles in replays and so on.

And i have to say, it looks great in Fifa 15. If you are playing and somebody comes in most gonna think you are watching a match right now.

NoTacos

these two football games need better referees. PES has way too sensitive referees that call everything and fifa has stupidly flexible ones that you can go a whole match without getting a foul call, which kills the immersion and the realism, but fifa is the biggest offender of both.
I've had the complete opposite experience. Having played both pes 14 and fifa 14, I can definitely say that the pes referees let play go on more often rather than calling fouls (one of the things that made me rage a bit lol) FIFA didn't have a lot of yellow cards, but there was an abundance of free kicks given.

Pachimari

I'm so excited for this game. The only game I play all year every year!

So not many of you are getting the PS4 version this year?

normanski

Neo Member
I'll be going for the PS4 version.

Question for the people who have been recommending to try playing the game at a slower pace: what number have you been setting the game to for the best performance?

I gave it a go last night to test it out. 25 felt good in parts but frustrating to close down opposition players.

The default of 50 feels too sped up for me now, although 40 felt as though it could be close (combined with my controller preferences I'd pretty much got the game to play like a more advanced version of classic PES from the PS2/early PS3 era before it went down hill).

Maybe 45 would be the sweet spot?

normanski

Neo Member
I was thinking this last night while playing the demo. Why don't the managers get scanned in and used?

Would of loved to of seen David Moyes

Yeah it'd be nice, even just for reaction shots. Wasn't Hodgson and the rest of the international managers in the World Cup game?

normanski

Neo Member
Goalline tech should be 100% reliable. If it showed as goal then it should have counted. If it didn't it's a bug and I'm sure FIFA will not be pleased about it...

About the offsides I like it that it's not 100% reliable but they should have a option like MLB The Show has about refereeing error free or not. And it should be error free on online of course.

I think the goal-line tech is restricted to the leagues that actually use it. Were you using Premiership teams?

if so then yep, it's a bug :0s

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
why is the demo so damn slow? i mean the fps looks terrible. maybe it's just my tv? it looks like 20fps or something. it's making me feel sick. really wish these games would run at 60fps.

Jimrpg

I played FIFA 14 online last year and all it was was Madrid v Madrid... and if I was lucky Madrid v Barca or Madrid v Bayern...

As an Everton player this was kind of annoying cause there was no way I was able to win with Everton so I had to play one of the 'stronger' teams....

Will skip this one and just play the old offline... :(

pieface

I played FIFA 14 online last year and all it was was Madrid v Madrid... and if I was lucky Madrid v Barca or Madrid v Bayern...

As an Everton player this was kind of annoying cause there was no way I was able to win with Everton so I had to play one of the 'stronger' teams....

Will skip this one and just play the old offline... :(

Everton are really strong.

I play with Villa all the time and often come up against Eveton, and usually lose.

You can also put a matchmaking filter on to only play teams who are the same star rating as your team.

Jimrpg

I play with Villa all the time and often come up against Eveton, and usually lose.

You can also put a matchmaking filter on to only play teams who are the same star rating as your team.

Oh cool I didn't know about this feature... I'll still get beat though!

A lot of the Everton players lacked any kind of pace so it was difficult to defend, especially when you have bale and Ronaldo running at you.

For the UT lovers the web app is out today afternoon/evening time if you can't wait to open your complimentary packs.

Though it always crashes!

I wonder how fut players will like the no more trade option.

Haven't they now made packs cheaper and a little easier to get players? I think it is good as will hopefully stop everyone having the same god damn team. Especially straight away, maybe we will actually see people use their heads and build a tam that isn't a Bayern/Dortmund mashed together.

I'm still waiting to see if the final retail has fixed the kick off glitch and how much things have improved.

Pachimari

Say I'm a 5 star team, is it possible to only play against teams that are lower star than 5 then?

I'm really tired of playing Madrid, Barca and Bayern as well.

Say I'm a 5 star team, is it possible to only play against teams that are lower star than 5 then?

I think you are matched by stars so I doubt it, maybe a star lower max?

I prefer playing with 3 or 4 rated teams, less sweat.

Rikkun

I think the range is -0,5/+0,5 stars

I played the PS3 version online last week and was able to find 3~ stars sides to play against with Sassuolo (3,5 stars)

CPCunha

Got the game pre-ordered (PC version) but i'm too anxious to wait for the release to verify if my fav. mode made it back to the game this year...

...is there a multiplayer be-a-pro mode? Like the one we had way back in the 2010 World Cup? Most fun i've ever had in a Fifa game, creating players for me and a couple of friends, playing through qualifying rounds all the way to the finals...

Pachimari

I think you are matched by stars so I doubt it, maybe a star lower max?

I prefer playing with 3 or 4 rated teams, less sweat.

I think the range is -0,5/+0,5 stars

I played the PS3 version online last week and was able to find 3~ stars sides to play against with Sassuolo (3,5 stars)

I like playing with Real Madrid because that's the only thing I care about, even benching Cristiano, Bale and the likes for the youngsters is fine by me - just too bad I won't play against any other teams.

So sometimes I shake it up and play with Brøndby IF.

PS: Where is that Ultimate Team website that is launching today?

gemoran4

There is one fix im hoping they have with this game (playing on PC). In career mode (In Fifa 14 at least) whenever I scout youth players, no matter how highly touted they are or how good their rating is when i eventually sign them to the senior squad, always seem to be really really slow. regardless of position.

For example, i'll be taking a League 2 team and I want to work my way up to Premier League. I'll buy the best scouts (ive kinda cheated a bit on this part in recent career modes ive done), and find players who's overall is either around or higher than the overall of my current starters (typically high 50s/low 60s) when i sign them to my main squad. But they'll have a sprint speed of like 52, even if they are a winger or something like that.

I heard that physical skills grow later on for youth players, but that makes little sense to me. I get that players get stronger, more durable, etc etc as they mature but when it comes to raw speed, i don't think many athletes go from super slow to super fast from the time they are 18 to when they are 24.

Not a huge deal, but i find it a bit annoying.

Top Bottom