• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

Got the game pre-ordered (PC version) but i'm too anxious to wait for the release to verify if my fav. mode made it back to the game this year...

...is there a multiplayer be-a-pro mode? Like the one we had way back in the 2010 World Cup? Most fun i've ever had in a Fifa game, creating players for me and a couple of friends, playing through qualifying rounds all the way to the finals...

that has only been in World Cup and Euro games. So very unlikely.

Skipped out on 14 on PC. Can't wait to join you guys again!

Good to have you back!

Any updates/changes to Be a pro mode (360/PS3). Nothin in the OP

Ta duck

not a lot. They have taken out the Pro Clubs mode from 360/PS3 so you can now only do Be a Pro in Manager Mode but not sure much has changed.

Doc_Drop

not a lot. They have taken out the Pro Clubs mode from 360/PS3 so you can now only do Be a Pro in Manager Mode but not sure much has changed.

Ah cheers, nice one

I'm not expecting monumental changes since i'm still on old-gen. I hope they have changed the transfer player search in Be a Manager. But I'll be jumping in regardless, for that updated player specs and new transfer freshness

first FUT TOTW.

BxvXMCOIQAAMKCg.png:large

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can't wait to start playing tomorrow. Subbed to the OT.

The thing I'm worried about is I've got EA Access and pre-loaded the game. The pre-loaded version should just unlock right for the 6 hours? I really hope I ain't gotta re-download the early access one.

inky

I know not a lot of people play the offline single player career modes, specifically the one where you make your own player, but ever since EA started including training modes like PES had in their games (you know, crossing, dribbling, finishing, etc) it bothers me that they don't implement them (at least optionally) into that mode. It seems like such an obvious fit, maybe as an in between seasons session to raise some extra stats, impress a club you want to move to or something.

I mean, I'm sure people who play that mode, with the behind the shoulder camera (BAL used to be my fav mode in PES a few years back) would enjoy that kind of thing. The idea is bringing one player from a lowly academy player to be the next super star, transfer to a big club, etc. It baffles me they don't figure it would improve the experience. I'd probably buy this game if it had something like that. I know it's kind of nerdy to say, but it's almost like an RPG experience within a footy game.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
87 Di Maria

I literally just bought an 89 inform from 2 weeks ago on 14

Doc_Drop

I know not a lot of people play the offline single player career modes, specifically the one where you make your own player, but ever since EA started including training modes like PES had in their games (you know, crossing, dribbling, finishing, etc) it bothers me that they don't implement them (at least optionally) into that mode. It seems like such an obvious fit, maybe as an in between seasons session to raise some extra stats, impress a club you want to move to or something.

I mean, I'm sure people who play that mode, with the behind the shoulder camera (BAL used to be my fav mode in PES a few years back) would enjoy that kind of thing. The idea is bringing one player from a lowly academy player to be the next super star, transfer to a big club, etc. It baffles me they don't figure it would improve the experience.

I agree, I think it was maybe FIFA13 where it felt like you were actually developing a player properly. Ever since that side of things has really slacked off. It would be interesting to have a more rounded RPG mode in there

jesalr

One problem I always have on FIFA is that the opposition bypass my midfield incredibly easily, and then none of them will run back to defend. I'm playing a narrow diamond, so thought it would help, but it hasn't.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

I mean, I'm sure people who play that mode, with the behind the shoulder camera (BAL used to be my fav mode in PES a few years back) would enjoy that kind of thing. The idea is bringing one player from a lowly academy player to be the next super star, transfer to a big club, etc. It baffles me they don't figure it would improve the experience. I'd probably buy this game if it had something like that. I know it's kind of nerdy to say, but it's almost like an RPG experience within a footy game.
Something like that was in the World Cup 2014 game, it was kinda fun

One problem I always have on FIFA is that the opposition bypass my midfield incredibly easily, and then none of them will run back to defend. I'm playing a narrow diamond, so thought it would help, but it hasn't.

What DM's do you have and what are the work rates of the players you are using in central positions?

jesalr

What DM's do you have and what are the work rates of the players you are using in central positions?

I'm playing with Spurs, so the diamond is:
Eriksen
Paulinho Dembele
Sandro

Haven't really messed with the work rates at all. Using the default formation at the moment. I'll see if I can record a little of what I mean later.

bjaelke

I like playing with Real Madrid because that's the only thing I care about, even benching Cristiano, Bale and the likes for the youngsters is fine by me - just too bad I won't play against any other teams.

So sometimes I shake it up and play with Brøndby IF.
From one 5-star team to another.

spanna

Can't wait to start playing tomorrow. Subbed to the OT.

The thing I'm worried about is I've got EA Access and pre-loaded the game. The pre-loaded version should just unlock right for the 6 hours? I really hope I ain't gotta re-download the early access one.
Have I missed something? Isn't release date 26th?
Edit: Never mind just seen xbone is 18th early access thingy. God knows why the yanks are getting it earlier than Europe though. Surely football should be the other way round?

zinder

Has anyone found the cheapest way to purchase this on PC? The cheapest one I can find is on CDKeyHouse for $49 and they claim to deliver the key on the 22nd.

inky

Has anyone found the cheapest way to purchase this on PC? The cheapest one I can find is on CDKeyHouse for $49 and they claim to deliver the key on the 22nd.

Games in the Mexican Origin storefront tend to be the cheapest. Hunt down the instructions in the Sims 4 OT (needs VPN, but I've read it's super fast).

Tainted

I may be the one in a few that can't wait to play tournament mode in '15. I was shocked to see it omitted from the '14 nextgen version.

Hopefully it is resurrected with the same options as before (ie FA Cup etc). I used to love playing them in singleplayer.

v1lla21

Tournament mode wasn't in 14? I skipped it so I didn't know. I love playing it due to not finding a lot of players online in seasons mode who played with lower tier teams like the Mexican teams.

zinder

Games in the Mexican Origin storefront tend to be the cheapest. Hunt down the instructions in the Sims 4 OT (needs VPN, but I've read it's super fast).

Sweet man thanks. Got it for dirt cheap using Mexican proxy with FoxyProxy extension and buying directly from the website. Also saves me the risk of not getting the key on release date.

Tainted

Tournament mode wasn't in 14? I skipped it so I didn't know. I love playing it due to not finding a lot of players online in seasons mode who played with lower tier teams like the Mexican teams.

It was in the PC and last gen '14...but not in nextgen

No idea why it was left out....EA came out with some statement about focusing their time on the popular modes. Obviously it was more popular than they thought if they are bringing it back :)

flyshow

Is it a sure thing that EA Access members who have pre-purchased the game would still only get the 6-hour timer before the game is officially released?

AcridMeat

Banned
I got myself hyped again playing some more today. I was playing as Dortmund (my favorite from the demo) against Chelsea, deadlocked game in the 75th minute so I sub in Adrian Ramos for Immobile and then had this amazing go ahead header with him.

Another idea. Since we probably won't have enough people for that 22 player World Cup mode. What if we had another World Cup where people played as their origin Countries? Though I realize we'd have a number of US, England, Netherlands, it'd be a cool chance to show off some pride.
Go Hungary woooooooooo

v1lla21

I got myself hyped again playing some more today. I was playing as Dortmund (my favorite from the demo) against Chelsea, deadlocked game in the 75th minute so I sub in Adrian Ramos for Immobile and then had this amazing go ahead header with him.

Another idea. Since we probably won't have enough people for that 22 player World Cup mode. What if we had another World Cup where people played as their origin Countries? Though I realize we'd have a number of US, England, Netherlands, it'd be a cool chance to show off some pride.
Go Hungary woooooooooo
Yeah but were you playing on semi-pro? HMM?!?!?!

KB24

To my fellow U.S. FIFA gamers, any good pre-order deals around?

Really hoping that the FUT web app goes up tonight. Hopefully I'll get a few loyalty packs.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yeah but were you playing on semi-pro? HMM?!?!?!
Professional :/ It's my first FIFA since 10 and played world for a while during the World Cup.

Professional seems pretty fun for me right now. I can certainly "turn it on" if I really need to get some goals though. Had a game yesterday where Barca went up 2-0 on me in the first half. It ended 2-4.

edit:
To my fellow U.S. FIFA gamers, any good pre-order deals around?
Greenman gaming has 25% off right now, that's where I ordered it from. Or you could do the proxy bidnuss for the Mexican Origin.

v1lla21

Professional :/ It's my first FIFA since 10 and played world for a while during the World Cup.

Professional seems pretty fun for me right now. I can certainly "turn it on" if I really need to get some goals though. Had a game yesterday where Barca went up 2-0 on me in the first half. It ended 2-4.
Lol. I started playing on Semi-pro and played the demo so much that I got better and I can play on world class difficulty now. I'm able to beat every team by a difference of 2 goals or more, and that's with Dortmund. I can't handle legendary though :( last FIFA I played was 13. two years but the gap felt pretty big for me.

Tainted

So the 6 hours limit would still be there even if I have preordered the digital copy as EA Access member.

Yep...that's how I read it anyway. The only perk EA Access subbers get for pre-ordering is the 10% discount. All ea access ppl get the 6hr trial

Any manual players out there? I've been playing FIFA on manual for the last few years. Love it.

Its impossible to find anyone else that plays online though :(

Top Bottom