• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

I've played Fifa 14 so I am used to frustration. They fixed some things and broke others so at least it will be frustration over different issues for not till they sort it out.

PES may get bumped up and open play did feel better with it however shooting has gone horribly wrong in PES. Character models were impressive too.

fifaogix3.gif

Look at the green defender beneath Falcao. I hate that so much in FIFA. When you try to change players to attack the running striker, they just stop and hesitate for a second while Falcao just keeps running. This shit is in every fucking FIFA.

I'm really enjoying playing co op seasons with my friend, and we win most matches, but it's just really frustrating sometimes. Why does a lobbed pass like that^ always seem to work? What's even worse is that I KNOW the person we're playing is going to do that and we just can't stop it. It's annoying. Also, I hate hate HATE the bug where I can't make any changes to my squad because of the bug that shows the opposing team's formation instead of our own. Ugh.

Facism

anyone else had their pro's gained accomplishments unlocking again? It's fucking my skill moves raiting to 0 so i have no skill moves :(

Wish there was a fucking file somewhere i could edit to fix that.

Murrah

Banned
Hey y'all, not sure if this belongs in this thread or not, but I couldn't find the appropriate community thread. I have 4.7 million coins on Fifa 14 Ultimate Team and was wondering if anyone would be interested in a trade. I would like Fifa 15 Ultimate Team coins and would settle for something in the 800k range. I'm on the 360 version for both. If interested shoot me a PM; thanks!

jesu

fifaogix3.gif

Look at the green defender beneath Falcao. I hate that so much in FIFA. When you try to change players to attack the running striker, they just stop and hesitate for a second while Falcao just keeps running. This shit is in every fucking FIFA.

There has been a setting for that for the past 3 years now, it keeps the player you switch to running in the same direction for a few seconds.

NoTacos

There has been a setting for that for the past 3 years now, it keeps the player you switch to running in the same direction for a few seconds.
It's pretty damn infuriating. I've conceded many goals because of this. Honestly if you're not at the back line already, you're better off calling a teammate to create pressure as you provide support from behind.

AcridMeat

Banned
FUT is fucking atrocious without chemistry./

I just don't understand how to defend. Every time I'm attacking they have 1-2 on me, any time they're on offense they have free space everywhere.

woodchuck

fifaogix3.gif

There has been a setting for the past 3-4 years to prevent this. In controller settings , turn move assist to high

I am ONLY playing Career Mode, single player. I love to tinker around with managerial tasks, buying players, playing the games, upgrading and so on. I enjoy FIFA 14.

Is there any good reason for me to buy FIFA 15 for my PC?

Not enough changes in Career mode to justify purchasing 15 imo. And I spent hours in 14, hours.

I think I'm done with this game. Not responsive. Too many animations which interrupt any flow. All the bugs? You can't really defend. The keepers are ridiculous sometimes.

Yup, same here. And I played 14 into the ground.

Also, not getting any matches for 4 star teams or 3 star teams. And as soon as I pick a 4.5 star team, I get matched again Man Utd and Dortmund. So when I picked ManU, I get matched against Real Madrid. This is with "restrictive" matching on. What is this I don't even....

AcridMeat

Banned
I can't seem to find a single fucking match that doesn't lag, it makes all of my fucking passes go long and intercepted, it means I miss tackles badly fuck this game. My shots go over by a mile.

Tainted

FUT is fucking atrocious without chemistry./

I just don't understand how to defend. Every time I'm attacking they have 1-2 on me, any time they're on offense they have free space everywhere.

I'm not sure what is is...but in '15 there is a huge gap between the midfielders and defence by default. I notice this when I take a corner, the opposition get it and they go on the counter....I only have about 1-2 guys defending the midfield when I am on defensive

In '14, there would be at least 3 or 4 defending the counter

I guess I need to tinker with the tactic...but its definitely changed to how it was in 14. Count in the defending difficulty spike from the last iteration and you can see why there are alot of frustrated players this time around (at least until everyone gets used to it)

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm not even talking about counters, I'm talking about build ups, my back 4 just let them walk through to the box when their lines are held much higher up with their midfielders back. It could be formation but I've tried a few different ones now and it's always the same.

Finally scored my first free kick (with Sneijder). What a god he is.

I'm not even talking about counters, I'm talking about build ups, my back 4 just let them walk through to the box when their lines are held much higher up with their midfielders back. It could be formation but I've tried a few different ones now and it's always the same.

Finally scored my first free kick (with Sneijder). What a god he is.

I've actually scored more free kicks in 15 than I did in the ENTIRE year that 14's been out. Shame about the rest of the game though.

AcridMeat

Banned
I've actually scored more free kicks in 15 than I did in the ENTIRE year that 14's been out. Shame about the rest of the game though.
I just don't have the hang of "aiming" so it's difficult to judge where the kick is gonna go.

Last bit of ranting from me, but the same shit happens in UT where if you win a tackle, the majority of the time they will still keep the ball. Whether it's that the ball is kicked straight to another member of their team, or the person you tackle gets to the ball first anyway, it's infuriating. Same thing happened in FIFA World.

Tainted

Last bit of ranting from me, but the same shit happens in UT where if you win a tackle, the majority of the time they will still keep the ball. Whether it's that the ball is kicked straight to another member of their team, or the person you tackle gets to the ball first anyway, it's infuriating. Same thing happened in FIFA World.

That's been in FIFA for as long as I can remember, it's frustrating and unrealistic.

Trading has been real hot for me recently. Made close to 50k just flipping guys quickly last night.

That dude that said Reus was gonna be 300k lol. He's sitting at like low 100 right now. Maybe in a couple months he'll go up but I had bought the card at 95k and sold at 160k. It's all about timing. Bought a couple week 1 in forms way back that I could sell now for modest profit but they still got upward potential, still early.

Also bought Pavel Nedved for 400k flat. He could go up quite a bit in time. Could already probably sell him for close to 500k if I just list for a full day and wait.

If I cash out of all my investment I'd be at 800k to 1mil right now. Plan is to sell before the TOTY crash and buy the absolute top value players when their price is down.

Pachimari

Why is it not saving my substitutions in Seasons!?

It also feels SUPER SLUGGISH all of a sudden. Response time is super slow in Online Seasons right now.

Frustrating.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Close cup-final match last night; 89th minute, still tied for 0-0, opponent's left back makes a mistake, leaving my winger open. I quickly pass to him, in a one touch cross lifts the ball into the box, where my striker rises above his defender, heading the ball, but not hitting it completely good, so the ball goes up instead of down. Everyone is watching the arc of the ball and then it becomes clear: the ball barely goes in. I explode on my couch, kissed my girl, smiling my ass off.

The demo ran fine on my pc, i got excited over how sexy the graphics looked and how smooth and fluid everything moved around. I finally gave in to temptation a few hours ago and purchased the ultimate team edition through Origin. I would love to say that I have been having fun since installing it, sadly this is not the case. The game chugs along on my computer, most of the time it crashes and hangs on the Press Start screen. It's reminicent of what Fifa 12 was like on console (especially in the menu system).

Looking at the system requirements
CPU: Intel i5-2550K @ 3.4Ghz
RAM: 8GB
Supported Video Cards: ATI Radeon HD 6870, NVIDIA GTX 460
DirectX: 11.0

My computer barely makes the grade, so i guess that is the reason why I am suffering bad performance (i5 - 3570K, 8gb ram, GTX 780 Ti).

The demo ran fine on my pc, i got excited over how sexy the graphics looked and how smooth and fluid everything moved around. I finally gave in to temptation a few hours ago and purchased the ultimate team edition through Origin. I would love to say that I have been having fun since installing it, sadly this is not the case. The game chugs along on my computer, most of the time it crashes and hangs on the Press Start screen. It's reminicent of what Fifa 12 was like on console (especially in the menu system).

My computer barely makes the grade, so i guess that is the reason why I am suffering bad performance (i5 - 3570K, 8gb ram, GTX 780 Ti).

is your the computer in the brackets at the end? cause I have a worse computer than that and it runs smooth as shit. Might want to check the EA Answers forum!

shandy706

Barely makes the grade?

Your computer blows the requirements away technically.

Something is wrong somewhere...try uninstalling and re-installing the game. Also, as above, look into possible known problems.

I think he's joking, he has a £500 GPU :p

He may be joking...but it's also possible he just started building and may not realize he has more than enough oomph.

ashylarry

Has anyone the problem that he can't play against friends??
I have this issue since yesterday. Played the game for a few days with a friend online, but yesterday FIFA decided that if he invites me, it will load forever.

tanuki

My pet peeve in Seasons online now is people dribbling to the goal from kick-off. Yes, it's hard to defend against, but have some fucking imagination.

Apart from that, I seem to be slowly getting better at defending. I don't know what I'm doing differently, but I went from losing 10 games in a row to mostly drawing and winning.

DrunkDan

The defending is awful.

I know it takes some skill and a slightly different approach this year but it's still essential manual defending versus semi assisted attacking.

It's all too easy to change direction as an attacker whilst the defenders are too flat footed, even while using jockey. It's not like people are asking for legacy defending but last years version had better use of the contain button whereas this one makes attacking too easy.

The amount of cheap pace teams slaloming through the middle of the field is becoming unbearable. Even if you can half get the hang of defending, at some point the slow dribblers will get some joy.

Hopefully it's addressed at some point with a patch in a similar way that heading/crossing was dealt with last year.

Saying that, EA only seem interested in UT nowadays rather than the bigger picture...

Damnit, I've got 25 transfers stuck on 'Completing'. It usually doesn't bother me, but I've never had that many stuck before.

As long as it's showing that it is stuck and not completed then you will get the coins eventually. A lot of guys on the other hand are having issues where they bid on a guy, get outbid, but their coins never come back.

Okay so it is worse than expected. The AI online is horrific, keepers are terrible and now I just got relegated as it decided to score and own goal.

So stupid and how come people already have perfect FUT teams and I keep on getting matched up against way better players. Ridiculous.

Barely makes the grade?

Your computer blows the requirements away technically.

Something is wrong somewhere...try uninstalling and re-installing the game. Also, as above, look into possible known problems.

He may be joking...but it's also possible he just started building and may not realize he has more than enough oomph.

I actually wasn't joking, I checked the system requirements and thought maybe 16gb ram would make it smoother ? Yes I have a beast video card (purchased in July and it has made games look a lot more sexy :-D), and my cpu is better than the 2500k - but not by much imo (it's 2 and a bit years old after all). But again i always panic with system requirements, even with the days 486 days (I remember what running Duke Nukem 3D was like on a 486 that DIDN'T meet the specifications - it was really horrid lol).

There might be something funky going on, I installed the "latest" nvidia driver for the video card a few weeks ago. Perhaps something went wrong there, or Fifa 15 just doesn't like it ?

It might be a general problem rather than it being specific to one game. I know i started having problems with one other game a couple of weeks ago (but this was prior to installing the new driver), I had played it for 3+ months with no issue, took a break for a few weeks, went back to it and it does not boot up properly.

Moozo

Does anyone else seem to get an injury every game on Ultimate Team? Ridiculous. Also the fitness is awful.

Apply squad fitness>play 2 games>need squad fitness

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
What's up with all the fuckers in the Pro Clubs drop ins who play RB or LB and all they do the whole game is to pass to the other lateral defender? I had that in 3 games in a row now, the worst being the first one with two players just getting the ball from the keeper and then just trying to pass to each other close to the our own box over and over again. And they were really bad at passing too. It's this some kind of exploit or what?

What's up with all the fuckers in the Pro Clubs drop ins who play RB or LB and all they do the whole game is to pass to the other lateral defender? I had that in 3 games in a row now, the worst being the first one with two players just getting the ball from the keeper and then just trying to pass to each other close to the our own box over and over again. And they were really bad at passing too. It's this some kind of exploit or what?

Possibly trying to boost the passing accomplishments.

sun-drop

exactly ... don't people check these.

you'll also find the goalies are by default set to semi, not auto

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
What do you guys use for tactics and aggressiveness? Not so much detailed formations, but more interested in what good settings are for Attack vs. Defense (d-pad-controlled one) and Quick Tactics or whatever it is because I feel like I never know.

The over-the-top balls are super annoying. Why does the D just stop dead in its tracks? What settings do people have for auto-switching. Currently I'm manual with Move Assistance set to High (even on manual you do sometimes get switched, so I assume the Move assistance kicks in). Don't know if it's worth it though given how terrible the CPU is at D this time. Might just go to Auto switch. I miss the old PES system where you could choose how much you wanted Auto switching to happen.

Goalkeepers are so weird.

Played Liverpool, Mignolet had a shocker, I won 6-1.

Played Luton, West Brom and Sunderland and they had wonder keepers, won 2-1 (AET), drew 1-1 and won 1-0 could only score tap-ins, so bizarre.

Unless EA are trying to tell us they think Mignolet is really terrible

Top Bottom