• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

My Serie A team is slowly coming together

Gomez and Higuain up front with Totti behind them and a midfield of Pirlo, De Jong and Strootman <3

Just need the coins for Chiellini and Barzagli now

Double D

just bought this for ps4 and its unplayable. huge stuttering issues. what is going on?

Pretty sure there's something you have to do with your router. I don't have the issue but it has been discussed and fixed within the last few pages or so of this thread.

TsuWave

Pretty sure there's something you have to do with your router. I don't have the issue but it has been discussed and fixed within the last few pages or so of this thread.

yeah i had to switch off upnp. it works now. thanks.

weird bug nonetheless.

Anyone got a preferred lineup yet?

Mine is probably:

Krul
Santon
Jagielka
Nastatic
Jaanmat
Henderson (CDM)
Wilshere (LCM) - Lallana
Ramsey (RCM) - Cabella
Eriksen (LM) - Varela
McGeady (RM) - Lamela
Jovetic (ST) - Welbeck

I can't decide on the best reasonably priced right midfielder to use. McGeady has been solid but I have Lamela, Oxelade and thinking of getting Sterling.

Striker wise think I want Lukaku or Benteke over Jovetic. Stevie G will be my CDM with Matic when I get more coins. I am a poor club.

Finding some players just don't really seem to live up to their rating at all. Funnily Ramsey was worse in 14 yet seemed to play better now he has been upgraded he seems worse in game.

Guys, do any of you have spend real money on ultimate team? If so, what is the recommended amount to spend, to make an investment out of it?

Or should I just grind my way up to the top? The player contracts and injuries are killing me coin wise though. :-/

stay gold

Guys, do any of you have spend real money on ultimate team? If so, what is the recommended amount to spend, to make an investment out of it?

Or should I just grind my way up to the top? The player contracts and injuries are killing me coin wise though. :-/

Buying packs is all luck really. You can spend £50 and get nothing but discard value crap (although these all add up if you buy enough), while someone can open 1 pack and get IF Ronaldo.

I can't help myself and tend to spend £10-20 on packs every now and then.

One thing I will say is if you spend a little bit on packs you'll never have to worry about contracts again, which is nice.

DrunkDan

What I did was set my xbox to India then buy 12000 fifa points for about 35 pound then used the players I got and then the coins from quick selling and trading to build a decent team.

Got incredibly lucky though and managed to get Hazard, Neymar, 2 Diego Costas and a few other BPL players to help shape the team. Neymar goes for around 230k so that was a massive result.

The advantage of using the points is that you get an awful lot of consumables too, I just keep all the rare gold fitness and contracts and then keep the regular healing cards too.

Facism

i still need a way to edit my career pro stats. This accomplishments glitch has left me with a 94 rated player who can't do skill moves. at all. Game is trash without them :(

I'm having a weird glitch where the ball used in my Premier League career mode is always a yellow EA Sports ball during league games. Champions League and other games outside of EPL use the correct ball and I checked to make sure the ball was set to use the default ball for the competition.

Has anyone else run into this weird issue or have ideas of how to fix it? I realize this is a very minor issue . . .

People still think there is momentum and scripting. Same people who just cant stand to lose or be outplayed. I play on manual everything and have never felt like I've been cheated. Whats next I win because of my lag switch. Sore losers.

I just bought 300 points to get me a couple of packs. If you get really lucky that is all you will need. I only got a bunch of stuff but a ton of contracts which helped me save money on those.

Now after about 4 days I have a decent BPL team and can start putting all my coins towards packs.

Just opened one tonight and got Vertonghen which was pretty nice as had contracts, chemistry styles and other things too. Almost doubled my coin value from that.

So I would say try to get as little as you can as some players perform better than higher priced players anyway. I have Lukaku (12k), Vargas (2k), Welbeck (2k) and Jovetic (6k) up front and Vargas is my top scorer, Welbeck, Jovetic and finally Lukaku. Cabella and Lallana are the only BPL CAMs you will ever need and Ramsey and Wilshere are a formidable midfield. I have beaten quite a few good 300k odd builds with this side.

Got to say Vargas and Cabella are my best buys so far. It is nice to have a Fifa where a Newcastle player is actually really good. Ben Arfa was decent in 14 I guess and Santon and Jaanmat are solid too.

To the comment about momentum. Although there is some element of scripting as to the ball goes to Fifa is a game of probability a lot of the time and can be as much about luck than skill. All those games where you demolish the opponent but their strikers finish and yours don't etc etc.

Buying packs is all luck really. You can spend £50 and get nothing but discard value crap (although these all add up if you buy enough), while someone can open 1 pack and get IF Ronaldo.

I can't help myself and tend to spend £10-20 on packs every now and then.

One thing I will say is if you spend a little bit on packs you'll never have to worry about contracts again, which is nice.

I only spent money (MS Points) on a few packs wayyyyyyyyyyyy back in Fifa 09. I started playing FUT in 15 yesterday only bit by bit though. I think i'm not going to take it "online" very often, and maybe just screw around for fun playing the offline season / tournaments. My last Fifa game (13) was relatively the same thing, I setup my team.... played the Beginners cup tournament, won it, got the coins, opened the bonus card pack and never touched it again.

FUT might be Fifa's "bread and butter" mode in recent years, but I am happier playing career/manager mode.

holygeesus

Banned
People still think there is momentum and scripting. Same people who just cant stand to lose or be outplayed. I play on manual everything and have never felt like I've been cheated. Whats next I win because of my lag switch. Sore losers.

There is momentum and scripting in single-player, in my experience - try playing a world class league match. Online though, I have had no similar issues, but then I am unbeaten so far, so would say that *whistles*

Hasney

I prefer 4-4-2(2). The 2 CDMs make sure the gap to your centre backs isn't massive and if you turn someone with a high attacking workrate into a CDM, they become a false CAM so it's almost like a diamond.

stay gold

Don't think 4-3-1-1 is working for me. It's too clustered in the middle

What are the best two striker formations? Looking at 3-5-2

352 is the way to go imo. Crossing has been nerfed from 14 so you don't really notice the lack of full backs as forcing people wide is generally the best option, and the extra CDM means you can easily cut out people who try to abuse the overpowered dribbling through the centre.

Playing 352 with Falcao & Lukaku up front my scoring went through the roof.

My main team is a 433(5) with Gotze as CF, but I think 352 is the best all round formation.

352 is the way to go imo. Crossing has been nerfed from 14 so you don't really notice the lack of full backs as forcing people wide is generally the best option, and the extra CDM means you can easily cut out people who try to abuse the overpowered dribbling through the centre.

Playing 352 with Falcao & Lukaku up front my scoring went through the roof.

My main team is a 433(5) with Gotze as CF, but I think 352 is the best all round formation.

That's what I was thinking. My team won't change much

Need anther cdm to pair with De Rossi though

Pogba/Vidal/Hernanes?

Elfish

My Serie A team is slowly coming together

Gomez and Higuain up front with Totti behind them and a midfield of Pirlo, De Jong and Strootman <3

Just need the coins for Chiellini and Barzagli now

How many coins do I need for a decent Serie A team without non-rare players?

I've got a Süper Lig team now it's a mix of rare and non-rare silver and golden players.

Hixx

I've got a Süper Lig team now it's a mix of rare and non-rare silver and golden players.

Problem with Serie A is theres not a lot of depth in the rare squads. For example at left back, there is genuinely only Evra and Cole who are rare so they go for 8-10k+ on PC despite being worth probably half of that. If you play 4-3-3 on the wings you will have the same problem. Candreva, Gervinho, El Shaarawy, Cuadrado... at lowest 8k, Cuadrado will go for a lot more.

If you're looking for a league where you can build a cheap team quickly it's always going to be the PL. But that's boring as like 3/4 of teams are PL.

stay gold

Serie A is very cheap.

There's only really Tevez, Cuadrado and Pogba that are really expensive. You can build a good team with 15k, easily.

alterno69

Banned
Man is FUT addicting, much better than past years now that more of my friends are into it.

I still really don't like many of the gameplay changes done to the core game. The speed of the game, like i mentioned before, is just wrong, way too fast and the fast strikers are too overpowered. Also, one touch passes are way too an effective tactic to get the ball across the pitch in seconds. Players seem to always be in the exact place for one touch passes to work no matter if you have defenders on top of you. The game is basically, get the ball to your speedy forward, drible past the defenders and score when the keeper/game allows you to.

Also, I have Moyá from Atletico de Madrid as my keeper and the man is a beast, a fucking beast.

Elfish

Problem with Serie A is theres not a lot of depth in the rare squads. For example at left back, there is genuinely only Evra and Cole who are rare so they go for 8-10k+ on PC despite being worth probably half of that. If you play 4-3-3 on the wings you will have the same problem. Candreva, Gervinho, El Shaarawy, Cuadrado... at lowest 8k, Cuadrado will go for a lot more.

If you're looking for a league where you can build a cheap team quickly it's always going to be the PL. But that's boring as like 3/4 of teams are PL.

I've played with a PL team in fifa 14, I want to try something else, bundesliga is also nice but not so cheap I guess.

Just need Emenike atm in my squad and then I can safe for something better and use my Süper Lig squad as backup.

Well, we do play games as an escape from reality into bizarre fantasy worlds &#128517;

I need something from Newcastle to be worth following! My wife asked me why I don't just support another team...

Is 3-5-2 really the best formation to go with. I have been doing much better without wingers but that is more down to my play style using a a diamond 4-1-2-1-2.

Think I might also start building a Serie A team too as sick of seeing the same players in the other team.

I need something from Newcastle to be worth following! My wife asked me why I don't just support another team...

Is 3-5-2 really the best formation to go with. I have been doing much better without wingers but that is more down to my play style using a a diamond 4-1-2-1-2.

Think I might also start building a Serie A team too as sick of seeing the same players in the other team.

They're not really wingers in 352, just defensive wide players I thought

Honestly I never buy contract card. Having 2 squad is a must.

When buying a player I don't mind speding 1k more for 60-70 contrract on him. Always buy with max contract on player.

Also if contract expired, just resell him at over-value and buy him for cheaper.

It is a basic strategy for saving money or switching team.

I must switch team every week or I get tired...

Double D

I usually go with a 4-1-2-1-2. You think 3-5-2 is better? How does it hold up defensively?

AcridMeat

Banned
Based on what I glanced at in the market he should be around 9-12k right now. Have the starting bid at 10 flat, that's what I'm hoping to get.

stay gold

I usually go with a 4-1-2-1-2. You think 3-5-2 is better? How does it hold up defensively?

As mentioned above, the main thing sweat players are doing this year is slow dribbling through the centre, and the obvious through ball spam. With 3 CBs and 2 DMs it's very easy to shut down these players. If you've got 3 CBS with at least 70 pace you won't feel short defensively.

When I was playing 352 I was setting my team to attacking straight away and routinely getting 5/6-0 wins.

stay gold

In your 3-5-2 who do you use left and right midfield?

I've had a few teams using 352

EPL - Schurrle/Mirallas

Bundesliga - Draxler/Muller

Serie A - El Shaarawy/Cuadrado

They'll be quite defensive when you don't have the ball, so you'll want pacey players that can get up and down the pitch.

AcridMeat

Banned
I've had a few teams using 352

EPL - Schurrle/Mirallas

Bundesliga - Draxler/Muller

Serie A - El Shaarawy/Cuadrado

They'll be quite defensive when you don't have the ball, so you'll want pacey players that can get up and down the pitch.
That's my boy right there. Love him. Any goal I score with him seems to kiss the post or crossbar.

moai

i'm so dissapointed with fifa 15, i think im going to take put it for sale. they broke defense, making clunky defenders go against super human fast wingers or strikers that are impossible to catch because the ball is glued to their feet. right now seasons is infuriating, facing team after team that just runs with the ball and breeze through your defense. matches end with high scores because i can also score with ease. i hope that ea fixes this, right now it's an imbalanced mess.
i guess this year is the true return of the king, pes gameplay is a step ahead this year. it also looks great on ps4.

Is the pitch wear not available in any other mode than kick off or something? I've only seen the option when setting up for a kick off game.

i'm so dissapointed with fifa 15, i think im going to take put it for sale. they broke defense, making clunky defenders go against super human fast wingers or strikers that are impossible to catch because the ball is glued to their feet. right now seasons is infuriating, facing team after team that just runs with the ball and breeze through your defense. matches end with high scores because i can also score with ease. i hope that ea fixes this, right now it's an imbalanced mess.
i guess this year is the true return of the king, pes gameplay is a step ahead this year. it also looks great on ps4.

Reapproach how you defend. Most people I hear complain about this are still sticking with old techniques to defending, mainly mashing down contain or jockey, both of which aren't any good this year. The actual best way to defend now is to manually track and tackle players.

I play with two CDM's protecting a back 4. Every time the opponent charges in with the ball stay goal side in front of them and instead of charging at them to get the ball, wait and let them come to you, only tapping contain to reposition your player to be facing the opponent. If the two CDMs miss the tackle either run the attacker down from behind while keeping your CBs on their defensive line or swap to a CB if the CDM isnt quick enough and wait for them to charge at you. Get the tackle timed right and you win the ball.

It confuses so many people I play. They either take a hit and hope shot from far distance, or start making passes to the wings that go nowhere and they end up conceding possession. Sometimes keeping your defensive line together forces them to run wide where scoring has a much lower chance of happening as well. They can't take advantage of easy goals and they have no idea how to create other scoring opportunities.

I still let a few goals in on occasion as the AI teammates and keeper can be rubbish as in all FIFA's, but I've gone from averaging 3 or 4 goals conceded eveey game to 1-2 with a few clean sheets thrown in there as well. I'm currently in Div 4 in Seasons as well so the guys I'm playing are no slouches.

Seeing as PES isn't out till next month stick with it at least until then and make the call about selling it when that releases.

Top Bottom