• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

AcridMeat

Banned
Did someone say there's a setting in the options to make players continue running their direction when switched to them? What is it? I'm having a problem now where the autoswitching goes to someone else when I don't want it to, usually when I've got a couple defenders in the same area, conceded a goal because the wrong guy ran back.

And I continue to hit the crossbars and posts like I get more points that way.

edit: Wahey a bit of luck, got Ramsey in a pack when I needed a more permanent CM and have barely any coins. Just in time for my level increase to get Sterling on loan too.

The game is working a bit better for me, although it's still hit and miss I am better off launching after a reboot of the pc. Having not played the Ignition Engine (ie: never touched the ps4/xbo versions of 14.. .actually i skipped 14 altogether on every platform) I don't see the big advancement of the game - aside from slightly higher detail in graphics - the players move around a bit more like robots than what they used to.

In any case it still plays like traditional Fifa to me, took a while for me to score (same as it did in the demo), but once I found my rhythm I found that i could score with ease. Currently winning matches 3 - 0 up to 10 - 0 (semi-pro difficulty...... i'm going to raise it after my career pro's first season is finished). Another true Fifa sign............ I took my goalie for a run and was able to weave through traffic and score (never gets old!!). Had a goalie blunder, my goalie back heeled the ball for an own goal at one stage, that was annoying yet hilarious at the same time lol.

I love how players flop to the ground after missed shots at goal, just like I would if i were watching a game live at home (well not flop on the ground myself... but I would be most upset, especially if it looked to be a certain goal haha).

Nodnol

Hi all.

*waves*

Thought I'd poke my head in here. Like a lot of people, FIFA is one of the social gaming pillars each year for me and my friends, filled with plenty of arguments and cursing. To say friendships are strained is an understatement at times. It's all good fun though.

I think I'm finally through the learning curve; having to pay attention whilst defending caught me out big time. I have yet to play online; I normally wait a week to let the cream rise to the top and the divisions to be more accurately represented. Still, playing friends had been a blast. I love the dribbling at the moment, though a combination of shitty servers and no latency bar pre-match fan cause havoc with trying to play smoothly and efficiently.

Portugeezer

So, how do you guys make coins through the UT market? It's something I've never really got the hang of in 3 versions of the game.

No idea. Prices seem random, goes up, goes down, don't know if I should buy or sell... maybe because it's still early, but for now you could make 10000 coins easily on some players after a few days, I just don't know which.

LegoArmo

So, how do you guys make coins through the UT market? It's something I've never really got the hang of in 3 versions of the game.

It's very sad, but there's a lot of "trading" videos on YouTube, I made a few million each FIFA doing that.

If you haven't got a lot of money, bronzes and silvers are good to trade with, popular ones in good leagues, from good nations, with pace or skills.

Could also buy a player, buy a position change for them, and sell them in that new position for a little profit. A lot of the time, you need money to make money though. At the start you need to make small, 3-400 coin profits, over and over.

Lkr

Are subs in seasons broken? I have my subs set to Jovetic, Dzeko, Demichelis, Kolarov, Lampard, Sagna, and Milner. I will PayPal bet you that Jovetic will not be on the bench when I start up the game and I will lose because I can't sub in a striker

Aaaaaaand I'm done for a bit. I tried to play seasons last night since the gameplay is slightly better than the shitfest that is FUT. Searched for like 15 minutes for a game with a 4* team in division 7. No games found. Picked Barca, bam instant game with... *drumroll* RM. Absolute shit show in defense for both players, game ends 3-2 with a loss to me. And I wasn't even mad, it was just comedic how defenders were standing around while players bypassed them as if it was stuck on Amateur settings.

I'm going to play Mordor instead. Hopefully they patch something and make this game playable.

It's a total disgrace to have been released in the condition that it is. All they had to do from last year was fix crossing/heading. That's IT. That's all the gameplay tweaks they needed. They didn't need to make pace OP again. They didn't need to do anything. So sad, it used to be my favorite yearly game =(

Lkr

Aaaaaaand I'm done for a bit. I tried to play seasons last night since the gameplay is slightly better than the shitfest that is FUT. Searched for like 15 minutes for a game with a 4* team in division 7. No games found. Picked Barca, bam instant game with... *drumroll* RM. Absolute shit show in defense for both players, game ends 3-2 with a loss to me. And I wasn't even mad, it was just comedic how defenders were standing around while players bypassed them as if it was stuck on Amateur settings.

I'm going to play Mordor instead. Hopefully they patch something and make this game playable.

It's a total disgrace to have been released in the condition that it is. All they had to do from last year was fix crossing/heading. That's IT. That's all the gameplay tweaks they needed. They didn't need to make pace OP again. They didn't need to do anything. So sad, it used to be my favorite yearly game =(
Can't play as any 4.5 or 5 star without getting matched up against RM. It's fucking dumb. The only other team that can line up against RM is Bayern, so why do you get stuck playing against RM with any other team? Just make them 6 stars and be done with it.

Really wish I had waited to pick this up or had gone with PES. The solution at this point is to pick up another xbone controller so I can play local multiplayer with friends and finally be able to have some fun

Pace is insane on its game. My pro clubs team can't get out of division 10 because we keep getting matched against 87 strikers who just walk towards the goal after kick off. Bleh

AwShucks

So I tried PES14 and thought it was awful. But then I saw people talking about the PES15 demo so I tried it out. For a second I thought I was going to go ahead and get that one instead of FIFA 15. Last soccer game I purchased was FIFA 12. Anyways, I decided to try the FIFA demo on PS4.

Instantly realized FIFA was going to be the one. It just felt more fun. And the menus are fantastic. And it doesn't hurt that they had me playing as Liverpool, my favorite team.

Moozo

Why the fuck does momentum still exist as a game mechanic? So fucking artificial and frustrating.
Suddenly your quicker attacking players are being outpaced by players you KNOW are ten or twenty points slower because you conceded a goal.

CanaryRob

I seriously worry that the people who are in charge of FIFA's gameplay just watch tapes of the champions league and assume any other team plays like 11 Titus Brambles. Playing anything lower than the top 4 EPL plays worse than some of the pre Rutter era FIFAs.

And yeah, defending. Looking forward to next years trademarked name for the system revamp. Because there's no way they can neglect it again for another year.

Portugeezer

Changed to legacy defending and I'm not doing so bad now, but the mistakes from defenders and goalkeepers is still shit, the amount of people who just try to slowly dribble everywhere is also fucking annoying. Some dude had Gareth Bale and just tried to slowly dribble towards my box (and it is a pain in the ass to tackle players) and cut inside to finesse shot... from nowhere, every shot was close to being a goal, but luckily I managed to pressure him just enough each time.

Seronei

So anyone know how to remove the EA Sports live HD logo in the corner? Google isn't being helpful at all. Would also love if you could change the gameclock to an actual realtime clock, the 90 minute clock doesn't function like a clock when it's not using real seconds so it's basically useless information.

I honestly think I might go back to FIFA 14 (pc) because they didn't fix the biggest issues anyway and the one thing FIFA 14 fixed over previous titles was no more unskippable cutscenes but they are somehow back in full force in 15 and frankly watching the AI celebrate after scoring goals that are impossible for you to score is just infuriating. The mystery is that most cutscenes are skippable but sometimes you get unskippable ones? I don't get it. Not to mention pointlessly long setups when you get a penalty, even worse if you want to change the penalty taker.

Your teammates still just stand in midfield when you're pushing forward a lot of the time, which IMO was the worst part of the previous games. Not to mention that you can run through defenders so easily on professional difficulty but on world class you can barely run with the ball at all. Tackle and slide tackles are essentially useless, most effective way of defending seems to be just trying to run infront of players with the ball. Primary due to the AI reading your inputs when tackling. Only times when tackling seems to be effective is if you run along side the player with the ball.

I also seem to have stop getting experience 2 days ago and I don't understand why.

This is from my experience with career mode mainly.

Hasney

You can't do either of those things I'm afraid. You can remove the clock and score entirely, but not change the timer to real-time or remove the EAHD thing.

Seronei

You can't do either of those things I'm afraid. You can remove the clock and score entirely, but not change the timer to real-time or remove the EAHD thing.

I hope someone will remove it with a mod, I can't be the only one who think it's stupid and immersion breaking. The pathetic thing about EA is they try to make the presentation authentic to what's shown on TV not being authentic to the actual game.

I have the best luck on PC FUT. I got Messi day one and just sold him for over a million coins and made a dutch team. Decided I am going to use the rest on packs and the first pack I open.

http://d.maxfile.ro/hyhbmm.webm

I just can't even comprehend how people already have a million coins to spend unless they are using real money or some coin buying is still going on.

I think the luckiest I have ever been is getting Silva but that's it. No in form cards or anything.

I am starting to like the game more now. Defending is still ridiculous but more manageable now. Keepers also manage to stop what should be certain goals and manage to flail around when a ball is lofted slowly towards them.

I have seen so many more own goals already in this game too. Not sure how many other people find they hit the post/bar way more than they actually score?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How fully featured is the web app? Can you do all management and ultimate team stuff? Just asking because my son tends to spend a lot of time on the PS4 rearranging things and if he can do that on his ipad then I can get on the PS4 for my turn :D

Guys, is the trophy from the ground glitched, or just ultra hard to get? Fucking ridiculous been trying it for awhile now, even making opponent keepers trip me, but the animation won't happen.

I just can't even comprehend how people already have a million coins to spend unless they are using real money or some coin buying is still going on.

I think the luckiest I have ever been is getting Silva but that's it. No in form cards or anything.

I am starting to like the game more now. Defending is still ridiculous but more manageable now. Keepers also manage to stop what should be certain goals and manage to flail around when a ball is lofted slowly towards them.

I have seen so many more own goals already in this game too. Not sure how many other people find they hit the post/bar way more than they actually score?

I got a mil coins through spending money and making some right trades. Bought Robben for 379k today. Hoping he goes up but if he doesn't I'll at least get to use him for a while. His price was like 320k on Friday for an hour or two so I'm not too far from the low.

Note to self - Buy a shitload of cards on the day that FIFA 16 releases in the UK, then sell them 5 days later.

UK release day is one of the best days to buy in every fifa. You could make a quick profit or hold the best cards for longer and likely get even better returns. The key is to sell before TOTY crash.

Double D

UK release day is one of the best days to buy in every fifa. You could make a quick profit or hold the best cards for longer and likely get even better returns. The key is to sell before TOTY crash.

Yeah 14 was my first FIFA since like 2001. The World Cup fever hit me pretty hard so I got 14 just a couple of months ago and have been addicted ever since.

I've managed to do ok in the market, though, and have put together a decent squad from scratch so far despite not knowing all the ins and outs.

Into

Players who are attacking and have the ball feel far more agile, faster and easier to control than the players who are defending, who feel clunky and one wrong move and they move past you.

This is because attacking players have more desirable stats for the game. Things like strength, physique do not matter even 10% as much as pure speed and acceleration. In real life these things that defenders posses are far more important, if they werent, real life clubs would use speedy little guys to defend, this is not the case, but this is not replicated in the game.

L1+Triangle assfuck cheese passes in real life would be cleared by the tall defender, who will outmuscle the little shit trying to outrun him and his whole defense. Not even Zinedine Zidane, on steroids, could launch a single 1% of these passes as consistently and perfectly as players in FIFA 15 do.

The lobbed pass in FIFA 15 is the Ret Paladin/Death Knight during Wrath of the Lich King, the rocket launcher in Quake 1, Terran in early SC2, Night Elves in early Warcraft 3, aka completely overpowered.

wowzors

Playing my career mode it seems like I get punished far too often for position on the pitch. I have had my rating go from 8.5+ to around 7.0 and I cant figure out why. I play a ST and stay near the top of the mid, tried even switching it up (unrealistic) but i still get dinged.

I'm playing 4-3-1-2

Totti CAM and Mario Gomez up front = Wins, baby

e; Custom tactics are a good way to set yourself up against lobbed through ball. I've always used it to get my defence to sit deep

WaLlbaNg

I really, really don't like this Fifa. It is just pure frustration after the 10000th goal from a Guy with 200 pace sprinting on the wing and past my defenders.

Can't remember a Fifa that was this level of bullshit.

Offline is still fun, so at least this remains

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm playing 4-3-1-2
This is what I was using for a while before switching to 3-4-1-2. I found that having 4 at the back didn't make much of a difference for me. I put the tactics on defensive if I need it. Usually do that if I have a goal lead and need a win anyway as attacking is just as effective with it on.

I'm 99% offline at the moment though I get too frustrated so I'm waiting until the divisions even out.

sneaky77

is unbelievable that 4 yrs later the high pressure is still bs..

lol so this just happened, I had an offside kick in from my box.. my CF came running all the way until he was 10 yrds away from the kicker.. wtf?

I got a mil coins through spending money and making some right trades. Bought Robben for 379k today. Hoping he goes up but if he doesn't I'll at least get to use him for a while. His price was like 320k on Friday for an hour or two so I'm not too far from the low.

You guys must be getting lucky then, I did get a couple of packs but got zero in them and I don't believe in buying anymore than a couple to get me started so looks like I will just hopefully get luckily buying packs with coins in the near future.

Some player prices are already ridiculous. I have only been able to make 1000 coins here and there buying the likes of Dzeko, Cabella and Welbeck and selling them on.

To the comment above about divisions, they seem to be getting a bit better already but today I came up against one of the best teams I have ever played on Fifa so quite a few people trying to buy wins early on which with Aguero seems a good way. He had two chances the whole game but thanks to Aguero it equals two goals.

Portugeezer

Maybe a stupid question, but how do you shoulder barge? I know pressing square makes them tussle for the ball, but in attack if I end up winning it it makes them shoot (I shoot on square button), so is there another way?

lol so this just happened, I had an offside kick in from my box.. my CF came running all the way until he was 10 yrds away from the kicker.. wtf?

Yeah this happened to me a lot too.

If anyone has 15-20k and needs a spare team this is the one to make. The pace is unreal and some of the players aren't even bad at shooting or passing like the stats suggests. So overpowered. The defense is ridiculous too, they aren't just pace. They are tall and strong.

Used to be much cheaper but I guess word is spreading and the defenders particularly are becoming way more expensive.

IytlfWs.jpg

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
playing as Ipswich in manager mode - holy crap, the defending shit. I mean - i know Ipswich aren't the greatest team in the world but this is horrific.

Top Bottom