• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

mf luder

In the last couple of days my game (ps4) was finally lag free without having to do a workaround, but after downloading the update its back.

How to you set your CBs to play man-to-man, the only instructions I can give them is attacking support.

It was my CDMs and not my CBs, sorry about that. Just noticed. I'm running 4-2-2-2 now so I have two CDMs in the middle.

Also I've been having great luck in FUT seasons lately, I seem to be matched up with players playing proper possession and passing instead of dribbling with a single guy. Its making for much more exciting games.

Anyone else having the problem where you can no longer earn XP to level up and spend in the Football Catalog? Seems to have started a little over a week ago for me, and there is a pretty big thread of people that seem to be having the same problem on the EA forums.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/FIFA-15/No-XP-or-FCC-after-games/td-p/3601729

Edit: And literally as I post this supposedly people are reporting that EA fixed things. Will have to test and see.

After about 50 games of Ultimate Team, I can safely say this game is kinda crap, I don't know what sport it's actually based on, but it's certainly not football.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Do handballs not work for anyone else?

Like always with a new FIFA, turning on handballs is the first thing I do. But so far I haven't had a single free kick or penalty, for or against. Despite countless times where the ball has struck a hand.

Very strange.

Is handball even in the game options? I didn't notice it in the settings menu.

I think I've seen a few free kicks for handball but no penalties. I think they have just incorporated a lenient handball system into the base game.

NHale

I don't get how anyone that loves football can manage to play this online and truly enjoy their time playing it. I never liked online 1 vs 1 in sports games to begin with but FIFA 15 is something else.

It feels like I'm playing Virtua Soccer and not an actual attempt of trying to simulate the sport of football. Defending is nearly impossible if you play against someone that just dribbles until he's inside the penalty box.

There is no midfield play, no build up, no overlapping backs, nothing. Just pass it to one of your attackers and try to enter the penalty box via dribbling. Offline is better because the CPU AI don't try to play this way but for some reason I don't like the game as much as a I liked the demo. It seems they made the AI (CPU and teammates) dumber in the retail release.

Double D

I don't get how anyone that loves football can manage to play this online and truly enjoy their time playing it. I never liked online 1 vs 1 in sports games to begin with but FIFA 15 is something else.

It feels like I'm playing Virtua Soccer and not an actual attempt of trying to simulate the sport of football. Defending is nearly impossible if you play against someone that just dribbles until he's inside the penalty box.

There is no midfield play, no build up, no overlapping backs, nothing. Just pass it to one of your attackers and try to enter the penalty box via dribbling. Offline is better because the CPU AI don't try to play this way but for some reason I don't like the game as much as a I liked the demo. It seems they made the AI (CPU and teammates) dumber in the retail release.

I've been reading all these complaints, and thankfully don't experience them because I only play offline. It is how I play all my sports games. The only way I play against other humans is live in person. It does suck for those that have to deal with it, though.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I feel sorry for the people that play online and the only thing they know is to throw the ball over the defense. You see them trying and trying and trying the same tired thing. You can almost feel their pain when they don't succeed.

Is handball even in the game options? I didn't notice it in the settings menu.

I think I've seen a few free kicks for handball but no penalties. I think they have just incorporated a lenient handball system into the base game.

Definitely there, yeah. In the settings in the main menu though. You won't find it in the settings in career mode or whatever.

Lenient may be an understatement.

Tainted

This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. I'm highly disappointed with FIFA 15 for these very reasons....I have been looking forward to this game since I purchased by PS4 back in May

Online 1v1 play is plays pretty much like those defending skill games rather than an actual game of football just to see who can dribble the furthest.

I know there will be the usual responses such as "learn to defend", "you suck at defending then" etc...but the simple truth is that attacking/dribbling is way overpowered in fifa 15. When this is combined with a higher difficulty in defending...it just turns into a dribble-fest

Its not just this though, the AI positioning of your defenders is clearly busted. Take a look at how much space there is between your midfielders and defenders from kickoff after a goal...and then you throw in the god-like dribbling...even a new player to the game can easily reach the opposition box unopposed. Show me a game where this regularly happens in real-life and I would happily accept it

I do hope they can fix these issues....but I dont have high hopes. Some of these changes are in the core of the game and probably not considered bugs by EA

In the meantime, back to FIFA 14 for me

So, I'm looking for a sports game and am trying to pick between NHL and FIFA... I am a casual fan, so I'm wondering if I should jump into FIFA 15 or save my money and just enjoy FIFA 14.

I mean, the changes are huge enough that FIFA 15 is superior enough for someone like me to care, right?

Gibbo

So, I'm looking for a sports game and am trying to pick between NHL and FIFA... I am a casual fan, so I'm wondering if I should jump into FIFA 15 or save my money and just enjoy FIFA 14.

I mean, the changes are huge enough that FIFA 15 is superior enough for someone like me to care, right?

Stick with 14 for a less frustrating experience

Here's a FUT question I was thinking about regarding chemistry:

Does a chemistry value above 100 matter? For example, I have a Serie A/Italian team where everyone's individual chemistry is 10, adding up to 110. The game's chemistry bar stops at 100.

Now, when I swap Wesley Sjneider in for one of my Italian CAMs, my team's total chemistry drops to 102, with the chemistry bar still showing 100.

Does this matter? Is Sjneider still taking a stats hit due to the low chemistry? What kind of effect does total chemistry have on player attributes anyways?

Hasney

Here's a FUT question I was thinking about regarding chemistry:

Does a chemistry value above 100 matter? For example, I have a Serie A/Italian team where everyone's individual chemistry is 10, adding up to 110. The game's chemistry bar stops at 100.

Now, when I swap Wesley Sjneider in for one of my Italian CAMs, my team's total chemistry drops to 102, with the chemistry bar still showing 100.

Does this matter? Is Sjneider still taking a stats hit due to the low chemistry? What kind of effect does total chemistry have on player attributes anyways?

Individual chemistry matters, that's why there are chemistry cards that change what stats are upgraded when they have maxed out chemistry.

Peterpan

Do handballs not work for anyone else?

Like always with a new FIFA, turning on handballs is the first thing I do. But so far I haven't had a single free kick or penalty, for or against. Despite countless times where the ball has struck a hand.

Very strange.
Why would you do this? I remember in 12, like literally if you sliding and the ball strikes your arm, its a penalty. Also is anyone having a problem with ultimate team, when I try it, it says xbox can't read the disk. X360 version, the game is brand new, no scratches so what the hell?

kaskade

Man, this game makes me realize how shitty the PS4 thumsticks are. My finger is slipping like crazy. I think I'm going to order the xbone sticks.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Been playing the game quite a bit in the last week.

I think Im about done with it.

Dumbass goalkeepers
Dumbass defensive line
L1 shot is completely OP
Dribbling is completely OP
Online turns into a game of who can exploit the game more
The game forces you to lose possession even if you do the right thing, like making an easy pass go out of bounds or a through pass go way off for no reason
Minute 45 and minute 90 still allow for more goals
Rubberband AI is in full force
Still havent fixed the goalie jerseys situation (a goalie should never wear colors that are similar to the opposing team)

Its just a bad experience.

Man, this game makes me realize how shitty the PS4 thumsticks are. My finger is slipping like crazy. I think I'm going to order the xbone sticks.
Man you took the words out of my mouth, for me it gets worse because my fingers get sweaty and slips all the fucking time.. I bought some plastic thumbsticks covers from Gamestop but they don't work very well. Do you have a link showing how to install the Xone thumbsticks??? Thanks in advance =)

Tainted

I bought a couple of Xbone sticks off ebay the other day, swapping mine out shortly. Not just because they are slippery (which they are), but they are starting to flake away

It's unfortunate that the build quality on the DS4 is so shoddy and we have to do this

I feel like I'm playing a completely different game from you guys. Is dribbling overpowered? Yes, but if you learn to defend properly chances are that you are going to end up with the ball. In the last 5 matches I've played there were a couple of 0-0 and 1-0. Actually I've had a lot of people disconnecting because they can't dribble pass my defenders. And I'm probably just average at the game. It is satisfying winning a game by passing the ball around, while the opponent is just trying to dribble around. I'm playing on FUT, ps4 version .

I think once you get to division 6 and upwards people just play different, and the game starts feeling like a proper soccer game. If anything my one big complain is the finesse shots, but even those are hard to get if the opposing team do not concede space.

I'll just end saying that I'm one of the people that dribbles past entire teams when I figure the opponent has no idea how to tackle/defend. It's glorious. It feels like winning by spamming hadoukens in Street Fighter. Believe me, learn the game and it won't happen.
People just don't want to spend proper time learning to play the game.

Tainted

I'll just end saying that I'm one of the people that dribbles past entire teams when I figure the opponent has no idea how to tackle/defend. It's glorious. It feels like winning by spamming hadoukens in Street Fighter. Believe me, learn the game and it won't happen.

A large part of the reason of why you are able to do this, is due to the defensive lines. I mentioned it earlier, but at kickoff the defenders sit too deep and leave a huge gap between themselves and the midfielders.

This can most probably be tweaked in the menus, but I am talkin about at default settings. If a real life team left a midfield gap like that at kickoff each time, their manager would be having kittens

Regardless if you have learnt how to defend in fifa 15 or not...this is a huge issue imo

bwtw

Neo Member
Been playing the game quite a bit in the last week.

I think Im about done with it.

Dumbass goalkeepers
Dumbass defensive line
L1 shot is completely OP
Dribbling is completely OP
Online turns into a game of who can exploit the game more
The game forces you to lose possession even if you do the right thing, like making an easy pass go out of bounds or a through pass go way off for no reason
Minute 45 and minute 90 still allow for more goals
Rubberband AI is in full force
Still havent fixed the goalie jerseys situation (a goalie should never wear colors that are similar to the opposing team)

Its just a bad experience.

To be fair, this is true to life. A disproportionate number of goals are scored in the injury time at the end of each half, because teams get tired/lose concentration and/or have to attack more than normal to get a goal. Last minute equalisers/winners are surprisingly common. It's gonna seem even more so on FIFA where games are really high scoring in general.

Peterpan

I feel like I'm playing a completely different game from you guys. Is dribbling overpowered? Yes, but if you learn to defend properly chances are that you are going to end up with the ball. In the last 5 matches I've played there were a couple of 0-0 and 1-0. Actually I've had a lot of people disconnecting because they can't dribble pass my defenders. And I'm probably just average at the game. It is satisfying winning a game by passing the ball around, while the opponent is just trying to dribble around. I'm playing on FUT, ps4 version .

I think once you get to division 6 and upwards people just play different, and the game starts feeling like a proper soccer game. If anything my one big complain is the finesse shots, but even those are hard to get if the opposing team do not concede space.

Dribbling is not overpowered, defending is just bad. Like its a combination of bad things like auto switching never switches you to the right player, the Lb (or L1), sometimes switch you to the wrong player (its always the player furthest from the ball, I swear the old Fifas never had this problem, started in 11 I think, even my friends agree), so you have to use the right analogue to switch which is terrible, there's only so many things my hand can do at the same time, but it is more precise in selecting the exact player you want.

The AI (the one you playing alongside) leaves too much space when they marking, they mark players which often leaves space in the center, they assume you got the man if you chasing the man. Sometimes your player just bounce off the other player. I beat someone 5 - 0 in Division 6, within 60 minutes, they quit after, so it could have been more. The game is seriously flawed in defending.

I am in Division 3 and I am saying this, I got promoted every season so trust me, I'm no noob. We should have a game and I will show you how bad the defending is. They shouldn't fix the attacking, it feels perfect, they must fix the defending, knowing EA they will do the opposite and we will get Fifa 14 part 2.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yea no thanks, unless the AI is now better. Haven't experienced enough yet to decide.

lquqmq.jpg

Think i'm finally done with this game.
Won 10 games in a row on FUT and was 5 -1 up with 20 minutes to go with my opponent coming back to win 6-5.
I practised defending after struggling with dribbling and conceded 3 during my streak. After about 70 minutes all my passes went astray i don't think i completed three passes in a row, i don't know if it's scripting as i have 100 percent chemistry but the other guy started playing godlike when he's struggled pretty much the entire game. Every shot he hit went in. i was pissed and turned off my ps4 lol.

HarryKS

I'm usually pretty calm and composed when it come to criticizing games. I don't like to complain about video games. They're flawed. But holy cow. Fifa 15 is an atrocious step back. I don't know who is in charge back there, but how can you come out with a product like this. My problem is specifically with online play since that is the only part I enjoy and fucking damn it, it is shit. It is an absolute piece of unbalanced crap. Was it even playtested. It does not even feel like they want you to enjoy yourself. They took out the unranked friendlies. I could live with that in Fifa 15 because there were cups. However, why are they always fucking closed during the weekend. Fucking fuckity fuck. Why? Who the fuck thought it was a good idea. The fucking defending is broken. How can every fucking match end with 8 goals scored? Who worked on that. The graphics look like shit. The hair looks like some fucking sick dog's bollocks. Fifa 14 was passable on ps4. This is downright revolting. When you love your craft and you want to honour the beautiful game and reward the people who make Fifa the biggest money earner in the gaming industry, you don't come out with this thing. This is just a cynical attempt.

v1lla21

Well I got fucked pretty hard online... In division 9. My defense was none existant and I was also conceding goals from so fucking far. I think FIFA just fucking hates me. I had so many shots on goal and majority hit the cross bar. I've never raged in a game as much as I did today. Looks like I'll be sticking to just fucking with the FUT transfers for a while.

Do it. Legendary ain't that tough.

Although, like with any FIFA, when the AI wants to score there is not a thing you can do about it.

Some of the goals I've conceded on legendary are just laughable. Rotherham will turn into Bayern Munich with their ridiculously quick passing around the box, the players will be turning away from tackles even before you've pressed a button and your keeper, for no apparent reason, will come rushing out of his goal so they can pass across him and knock it into an open goal.

I've conceded so many that way.

Blablurn

Good to see that people are starting to realize how shit this game is. FIFA 14 was far away from being perfect either but at least it was not as fucked up as 15.

NHale

Just played the retail version and demo version back-to-back and they definitely dumbed down the teammate AI for the retail version.

In retail the AI teammates just forget the ball and go to their "fixed" position on the field. The ball rebounds near them and they don't react by starting to run to the ball. Sometimes they even ran away and let the CPU go free.

And the defense is just pathetic. I hated the rocket defense pre-tactical defending aka just press X/A to defend but this is complete garbage. Defenders just allow dribblers go free into the penalty box and the AI not reacting to the ball just seems like a deliberate attempt to transform the game into a 6-5 everytime.

HarryKS

I used to think people were making a meal of the scripting and momentum thing before. But in Fifa 15 it is just obvious. If the game does not want you to score, you will only hit the crossbar. If you're 4-0 up, you will concede farcical goals.

It's broken.

Momentum was a touted PES feature which never really showed in the games. In Fifa, it's not talked about. Either EA is lying about there being any or they don't play their own game. If they did, they wouldn't deny it.

And yes, I agree with the guy above. The retail version is different from the demo which did a better job of handling defensive duties.

Zoro7

Banned
After about 50 games of Ultimate Team, I can safely say this game is kinda crap, I don't know what sport it's actually based on, but it's certainly not football.

Agree 100%. Just sold mine on ebay. From the kick off glitch to simple passes going astray this game is so frustrating to play. I had one game where I hit the post 7 times. Played the Pes2015 demo for this last week and it definitely feels more like a football game.

Gibran7

Do you guys think any of these issues regarding defence being Shit and all are gonna be patched at some point. First fifa game I've bought at launch and not sure what the history of patches has been like in past games.

Zoro7

Banned
Do you guys think any of these issues regarding defence being Shit and all are gonna be patched at some point. First fifa game I've bought at launch and not sure what the history of patches has been like in past games.

Dont get your hopes up. Over the top through balls were OP like crazy last year and they werent patched. As were headers.

Tainted

Nope. It will be fixed in FIFA 16, but that game will bring to the table another set of problems.

I'm starting to get used to how to defend online....BUT, it's not a matter of feeling like you are defending well, more that you are finding a way to minimise the glitches.

This just doesn't feel like football at all to me. They did alot right this version (ie bringing back tournaments, a snappy UI etc); but the core of the game is just broken

Gibran7

Nope. It will be fixed in FIFA 16, but that game will bring to the table another set of problems.

I'm starting to get used to how to defend online....BUT, it's not a matter of feeling like you are defending well, more that you are finding a way to minimise the glitches.

This just doesn't feel like football at all to me. They did alot right this version (ie bringing back tournaments, a snappy UI etc); but the core of the game is just broken

Dont get your hopes up. Over the top through balls were OP like crazy last year and they werent patched. As were headers.

That's disappointing to hear. Although, I got fifa 14 late last year, It seemed to be a better game overall so far. Either that or I'm reading about fifa 15 more and it's bringing more of the problems to the forefront.

Game is great whe you play with 4 stars or less.

Ultimate team is a shitfest...run stright line is becoming boring ...

11 vs 11 Club is quite enjoyable

HarryKS

That's disappointing to hear. Although, I got fifa 14 late last year, It seemed to be a better game overall so far. Either that or I'm reading about fifa 15 more and it's bringing more of the problems to the forefront.

Fifa 14 is indeed a better game because they played it safe.

Fifa 15 is the most divisive game they've made. It's not even divisive, I dare say it's the most unbalanced.

One thing that shows that is the state of the game of Youtube. Popular Fifa uploaders simply don't have the same output this time as they had in years past which seems to indicate that they are also having trouble with it.

That's not a good thing.

Lost 2-1 yesterday online, opponents second goal was a finesse shot from a few steps past the half line that the goalie didn't even move a muscle on. God damn it

HarryKS

When is PES out in NA?
Think it's time to go back. Had already payed for Fifa before playing the PES demo.

They can't patch or fix fifa 15. The game is fundamentally flawed.

Top Bottom