• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 18 |OT| It's in the Switch

Galava

For those asking about Switch ang EA login.

When starting the game, it asks for your EA Origin login. Also, after logging in, it recognized by PC Fifa 17 favourite team/country/league and automatically set it up for me.

Click on the Download button. 30 seconds later:

"We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later."

Epic_Facepalm_5452.png

Dubz

I have a question as a dumb American that doesn't follow football in real life.

So I'm playing in Career mode and I'm getting bombarded with transfer requests from other teams that want to buy or borrow my players. How often in real football do teams get rid of players or loan them out, because all of these requests make me feel like I should be wheeling and dealing. Should I be?

Kakaroach

PS Store really messed up last night and wasn't allowing people to buy the game if it wasn't preordered. Wanted to play so bad but ended up falling asleep. Downloading now though so I'll end up playing a lot today!

So I'm playing in Career mode and I'm getting bombarded with transfer requests from other teams that want to buy or borrow my players. How often in real football do teams get rid of players or loan them out, because all of these requests make me feel like I should be wheeling and dealing. Should I be?
Selling surplus players and loaning out prospects is a big part a of real football. You should loan young players that you don't think you'll be using during the season so they can improve.

Liamc723

Lol, there's hundreds of transfers in any given window.

There are 2 tranfer windows per season. Don't sell unless the player isn't crucial to your team and the offer is fair or you get a huge offer on a star player you can do without or replace. Sell as little as possible if your squad size is small. Loan out young players for experience if you can't give them decent match time. Keep an eye on your players' contracts so they don't get snatched up for free.

snipah

Neo Member
Sorry to ask again: local multiplayer with 4 joy cons on one Switch possible? Back Cover suggests YES Bit confirmation would be great

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Glad I didn't double dip on PC then, since it seems EA still couldn't give a fuck about us

stoff

Whats going on with the Switch version in Germany?
I've been to four stores (MediaMarkt, Saturn, Müller, and a local one) and none of them sell the game.
"Next week maybe" was the only answer i could get.

snipah

Neo Member
I've been to four stores (MediaMarkt, Saturn, Müller, and a local one) and none of them sell the game.

...Check your local REAL-Supermarket. They have it in stock. Call them...

jts

...hate me...
From what I read some posts back, seems like there was an import issue. In the country of NoE no less. Lol, damn.

RdN

I'm playing the Xbox version, and god damn, crossing is currently very overpowered.

Way too easy to score goals.

Lashley

I'm playing the Xbox version, and god damn, crossing is currently very overpowered.

Way too easy to score goals.

I'd rather this than in previous years where crossing was legitimately useless

It's the GK's that need fixed imo, they're way too underpowered, my GK is always beat at his near post

Bumhead

Banned

Loans are entirely normal for young players. Anybody in their teens who you aren't regularly playing in your starting lineup, feel free to loan them out. They'll get game time and experience elsewhere and their stats will improve as a result.

Generally speaking in real football "2 players for every position" is enough for a healthy squad. If you get decent bids for players you aren't playing and you think you can replace them with better for the money, feel free to sell. Be less ready to sell your best players but, if the money is good, why not. Every single club in world football sells good players as well as buys.

Lashley

goalkeepers can get beat at their nearpost.

This is one of those football myths that really grinds my gears, no offence

Yes mate but not every single shot

They even let in shots fired right at them at times

Could be AI being cheaty in squad battles but its still shit

GeeTeeCee

It's been something like six years or so since I've last owned a FIFA game, but I figured this would finally be the year I pick it up for the PS4.

One of these days I really need to find a decent set of tutorials on YouTube so I can do more than just basic passes, tame shots and actually be able to stop the opposing team from running past my defence at will.

Jack cw

I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised by this years FIFA. PES was alright but I was burned out after 2 weeks and the many flaws it has. Gameplay is more midfield build up and AI makes mistakes now even on legendary. Only thing I that's weird are the goalies and shots from distance that are too lethal. Rest is a clear step up from 2017 which was very disappointing.

rdytoroll

I pulled Bale in my first pack in Ultimate Team. Not sure if I should keep him or sell and build a whole team. He's a beast

Dubz

Loans are entirely normal for young players. Anybody in their teens who you aren't regularly playing in your starting lineup, feel free to loan them out. They'll get game time and experience elsewhere and their stats will improve as a result.

Generally speaking in real football "2 players for every position" is enough for a healthy squad. If you get decent bids for players you aren't playing and you think you can replace them with better for the money, feel free to sell. Be less ready to sell your best players but, if the money is good, why not. Every single club in world football sells good players as well as buys.

Awesome thanks for the advice. Thanks to the others as well.

Just waiting for my copy to be delivered (Switch) but one thing I've noticed on youtube is I much prefer the camera of the Switch version when you score a goal vs the Xbox/PS4 versions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZVbFhkJqjE

When looking at this video, when you score, the camera zooms in a little (like the old PES days on PS2). But on the PS4 the camera remains far away for a longer period of time.

I know this sounds weird but for some reason the Switch version captures the excitement of a goal better than the other versions. Maybe it's just psychological and totally something that I myself prefer.

Just waiting for my copy to be delivered (Switch) but one thing I've noticed on youtube is I much prefer the camera of the Switch version when you score a goal vs the Xbox/PS4 versions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZVbFhkJqjE

When looking at this video, when you score, the camera zooms in a little (like the old PES days on PS2). But on the PS4 the camera remains far away for a longer period of time.

I know this sounds weird but for some reason the Switch version captures the excitement of a goal better than the other versions. Maybe it's just psychological and totally something that I myself prefer.

Let's just say I disagree with your opinion completely and it's one of the things which disappoints me the most about the Switch version lol

Far too many goals, On pro clubs at least anyway. Starting in Div 10 everyone even the CPU players are like batistuta and smashing them in with ease, Same for us and were only 80 overall starting. Scoring outside the area is easy already and that's without putting any stats into the shooting skill tree!

Keepers are shocking, Pes 2016 kinda keepers.

demonkaze

So I was wondering about something. If I buy this digitally on my PS4 and then download it on my brothers PS4 too (in a different room in the same house), would we both be able to acesss the game on our ps4’s or would we need 2 copies still? It worked that way with pillars of eternity.

RdN

So I was wondering about something. If I buy this digitally on my PS4 and then download it on my brothers PS4 too (in a different room in the same house), would we both be able to acesss the game on our ps4’s or would we need 2 copies still? It worked that way with pillars of eternity.

It will work without a problem.

Lkr

xbox one version

so you still can't use the name bar at the bottom and the indicator with the passing power above the head. when selecting the option for player name & indicator it does not work, i have to use indicator only but then i don't know stamina without pausing it. i had this problem last year as well. this used to work fine in fifa 16 iirc

heringer

Used to pes and having a hard time dribbling opponents and am really dispossessed. Any tips?

Playing on switch

Just keep playing it until it clicks. The physics are very different from PES, so it takes some time to adjust. It will never be as smooth as it is in PES, but it will get easier.

Lashley

Starting to sour on squad battles now

Getting sick of seeing c.ronaldo being brought on in the 70th, and coming up against Brazilian ronaldo and ronaldinho

Bumhead

Banned
Is professional difficulty harder than normal?

I feel like I had professional + manual controls down on the demo, but I've lost every game I've played of the full game so far with the same set up.

DagsJT

I feel like I had professional + manual controls down on the demo, but I've lost every game I've played of the full game so far with the same set up.

Yep, it's a LOT more difficult than it ever was. I lose far more than I win now, whereas I was comfortable on Pro last year.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Starting to sour on squad battles now

Getting sick of seeing c.ronaldo being brought on in the 70th, and coming up against Brazilian ronaldo and ronaldinho

Yeah, I took a break from it. Playing other modes now.

Yes, it is.

Ravelle

So I was wondering about something. If I buy this digitally on my PS4 and then download it on my brothers PS4 too (in a different room in the same house), would we both be able to acesss the game on our ps4's or would we need 2 copies still? It worked that way with pillars of eternity.

You can even play at the same time with that little primary/secondary console trick.

Top Bottom