• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 18 |OT| It's in the Switch

Isn't when you click on the right stick?

Nope, it's not there. For comparison, this is FIFA 18:

FIFA-18-Menu-Leaked-on-Consoles-FUT-18-UI-Concept-Design.jpg

and FIFA 18 Switch.

DK6Wq8mUIAA8mlH.jpg:large

this is garbage.

After 2 days of home exams I gifted myself this game, im playing in the sofa while my gf got the tv. Switch ftw.

Started up FUT, the feeling when you realise Tom Huddlestone is your best player -.-

arimanius

After 2 days of home exams I gifted myself this game, im playing in the sofa while my gf got the tv. Switch ftw.

Started up FUT, the feeling when you realise Tom Huddlestone is your best player -.-

Can't remember the last time I play Fifa. Maybe Fifa 06 but thinking about picking this one up and that's my hardest decision. PS4 or Switch for the play anywhere.

Can't remember the last time I play Fifa. Maybe Fifa 06 but thinking about picking this one up and that's my hardest decision. PS4 or Switch for the play anywhere.

I haven't played a soccer game since the SNES and reading through this thread it's making me want to pick this up on the Switch.

I am a complete neophyte when it comes to soccer (football sorry I’m American) I plan on picking this up on the Switch any tips?

Nyx

Played a bunch of games against professional AI to get into things again and there's a whole lot of goals being scored, both me and the AI.

Hope EA can tone that down a bit, or maybe I just need to learn how to defend. PS4 version btw.

newsguy

Did a lot of people decide against the Switch version? I thought there would be many more impressions, and since the critic sites have zero reviews, I'm very tentative to pick it up. I have it pre ordered but if it's lacking I may just return it towards the PS4 version.

Goodlife

Did a lot of people decide against the Switch version? I thought there would be many more impressions, and since the critic sites have zero reviews, I'm very tentative to pick it up. I have it pre ordered but if it's lacking I may just return it towards the PS4 version.

Mine version turned up 1hr after I'd left for the weekend :(

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Played a bit of the Switch version earlier. After playing the PC version for 3 days. And the game is definitely different in terms of gameplay. But it's also different than FIFA 17. I actually quite enjoy it. It's like having two versions of FIFA launched at the same time. You can see the difference in animation, you can't break it immediately like you can do on PC, but it's also not as bad as in 17. The shooting is different and the crossing too. I kind of prefer the shooting on Switch and crossing on PC.

Because of the animations the game is more fluid on PC.

I will switch back and forth between the two versions in the next days. Let's see.

First player conversation I have in my manager career mode.

This youth player saids they would play better if he replaced our captain.

Kids got an ego lol

Schnozberry

If you rely heavily on online features for your enjoyment of the game, I'd hold off on the Switch version for now. Currently there is no in game lobby for playing with friends for friendly games, which is caused by Nintendo not having system level lobbies, and EA not going the extra mile to add one themselves. That said, online leagues, FUT, origin profile integration, and other stuff is there.

newsguy

If you rely heavily on online features for your enjoyment of the game, I'd hold off on the Switch version for now. Currently there is no in game lobby for playing with friends for friendly games, which is caused by Nintendo not having system level lobbies, and EA not going the extra mile to add one themselves. That said, online leagues, FUT, origin profile integration, and other stuff is there.

Got it. Thanks for the facts. I need to do think hard on it cause I travel a lot for work, but I'm not sure I can live with poor online integration for a Fifa game.

Played a bit of the Switch version earlier. After playing the PC version for 3 days. And the game is definitely different in terms of gameplay. But it's also different than FIFA 17. I actually quite enjoy it. It's like having two versions of FIFA launched at the same time. You can see the difference in animation, you can't break it immediately like you can do on PC, but it's also not as bad as in 17. The shooting is different and the crossing too. I kind of prefer the shooting on Switch and crossing on PC.

I will switch back and forth between the two versions in the next days. Let's see.

I pretty much agree with everything here.

heringer

I agree. To me it feels A LOT like FIFA 16, which is not a bad thing and to me means not as good as 18 but better than 17.

I mean, it's a perfectly decent portable version of FIFA, but I expect more next year.

Game looks good too. The biggest blemish in the presentation to me are the jaggies. It's a bit hard to swallow after the silky smooth looking PC version. I'm a bit of a nazie when it comes to jaggies, though, so YMMV.

I'll probably get the PC version on the cheap later. It's definitely better but I think I'll end up playing Switch version a lot more because of the portability.

Dubz

Played a bunch of games against professional AI to get into things again and there's a whole lot of goals being scored, both me and the AI.

Hope EA can tone that down a bit, or maybe I just need to learn how to defend. PS4 version btw.

Exact opposite for me. I keep winning or losing 1 nil games. Playing on Professional with 10 min halves.

Does this contain some inconsistencies though? Pretty sure someone on here rubbished the comment that the Switch version doesn't have the Premier League branding?

I've only played friendly matches with PL teams, but from what I've seen, there isn't any PL branding other than the PL Logo replacing the EA Sports logo during wipes from gameplay to a replay and back again.

This is something they can easily fix in a patch as I'm pretty sure the PC version of 17 didn't have the branding when it launched last year either.

Whether they will bother is another matter.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
One positive feature in the Switch version vs. PC is that you can change the commentary language in the settings in game.

Top Bottom