• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

The roster thread went to crazy town again when people started listing which players would main which characters and then speculating what characters top players would use.

The roster thread went to crazy town again when people started listing which players would main which characters and then speculating what characters top players would use.

It's funny because more than half the people in the thread will probably stop playing the game after a month or two.

I remember I had a friend that was mad hype for SF4 then quit playing it because Seth as a last boss was too hard.

Infinite

It's funny because more than half the people in the thread will probably stop playing the game after a month or two.

I remember I had a friend that was mad hype for SF4 then quit playing it because Seth as a last boss was too hard.
Ok I have to call this mentality out as it is becoming common place here now. Why care? Seriously. Most people that buy and play these fighting games aren't going to be interested in the competition and most people that are won't even be good. If people want to mash buttons in arcade mode and dive into the lore what's wrong with that? I bought the Halo series because I was interested in the co-op story mode and the challenges offered there and not for the online play which I hardly touched. Nothing is fucking wrong with that.

Tizoc

...and now they're losing it over a picture of a Ono eating some Shrimp Tacos.
It's just Tacos people....

I will say this though: Mexico, Brazil then USA? Afterwards Ono needs to take a break, unless he's really enjoying flying around in the SF2 biplane.

Ok I have to call this mentality out as it is becoming common place here now. Why care? Seriously. Most people that buy and play these fighting games aren't going to be interested in the competition and most people that are won't even be good. If people want to mash buttons in arcade mode and dive into the lore what's wrong with that? I bought the Halo series because I was interested in the co-op story mode and the challenges offered there and not for the online play which I hardly touched. Nothing is fucking wrong with that.

I didn't say anything is wrong with it, just find it funny.

Marz

Because these scrubs actually drive character roster decisions and sometimes even balance changes, that's what's fucking wrong with that.

They're super vocal and then they're nowhere to be found until the next update or patch.

There would be nothing wrong if they didn't try to be heard regarding matters that actually affect how the game plays competitively. If they could be satisfied with purely cosmetic stuff it'd be fine.

Because these scrubs actually drive character roster decisions and sometimes even balance changes, that's what's fucking wrong with that.

They're super vocal and then they're nowhere to be found until the next update or patch.
Blame the company that caters to them. Not their fault or problem that the people who make decisions listen to them.

Edit: Oh wow there is some hilarious disconnect in all of those posts.

Infinite

I doubt that input from casual players drive balance decisions especially when it comes to post release balance patches and oh well if they influence roster decisions. Not every character in a game is going to appeal to everyone and that's ok. A good fighting game roster is going to have a wide variety of characters with different visual themes and play styles to appeal to as much folks as it can. Bitching about who makes it the roster and who doesn't because "competitive" reasons is honestly no different from the scrubs you're attempting to lambast for bitching about their favorite character not making it in cause they think they look cool. Get over yourself. Competitive players of these are in vast (but important and essential) minority so for these companies to try and appeal to casual players is the reality of the fucking business.

Fandangox

"b-b-b-but DLC maybe they didn't mean the initial roster pls listen to me ;_;"

heh, things change in development, or information can change when it goes from the source to the outlet. Not always all leaked information someone receives from a source will be up to date by the time the they are actually giving it to outlets or other places.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
I doubt that input from casual players drive balance decisions especially when it comes to post release balance patches and oh well if they influence roster decisions. Not every character in a game is going to appeal to everyone and that's ok. A good fighting game roster is going to have a wide variety of characters with different visual themes and play styles to appeal to as much folks as it can. Bitching about who makes it the roster and who doesn't because "competitive" reasons is honestly no different from the scrubs you're attempting to lambast for bitching about their favorite character not making it in cause they think they look cool. Get over yourself. Competitive players of these are in vast (but important and essential) minority so for these companies to try and appeal to casual players is the reality of the fucking business.

The FGC constantly forgets where it's place is in all of this.

heh, things change in development, or information can change when it goes from the source to the outlet. Not always all leaked information someone receives from a source will be up to date by the time the they are actually giving it to outlets or other places.

Yeah I'm sure they decided to just save Alex/Urien for DLC and build Zangief/Sim real quick in order to throw off the leaks

notworksafe

zangief, eh?

pY1J8Vj.png

WarRock

That V-Reversal.

Critical Art looks disappointing as hell like expected. Just hire SynSophia for the animations Capcom.

But I like the new face, it's somewhat more comical and kind compared to the threatening expression from II and IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom