• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

There's an event in Mexico this Friday, he already said it will be a Brazilian character at BGS

I just now noticed your avatar lol.

I think in mexico event we get a new trailer that shows features.
I still say we're getting Alex and Urien.

Tizoc

You know what?
Darkstalkers alts. for SF5 cast
Just think about it:
Morrigan's outfit for Chun
Demitri for Ryu
Jedah for Dictator
Lilith for Cammy
Sasquatch for Birdie
etc. etc.

Dahbomb

Considering he's been posting a alot of stuff I'm looking forward to your breakdown on why his ideas and views are not correct. I trust this would not be said without some kind of basis to back it up?
I don't think he's saying that his views or ideas are not correct on the game, I think he's saying that his opinion of the game would shift if he was exposed to years of highest level play of the game.

It would be like talking about all the creative options, set ups and team synergies in MVC3 but when you witness the highest level of play you realize that only a fraction of that creative juice is used. People still to this day find cool stuff in the game but cool stuff doesn't matter when it's not practical or it's not better than the best stuff available.

That's what Zissou is trying to bring up..... that you need to see a lot of high level play or play at least at a decent level to see how much real depth a game can hold. Game can have 50+ characters and a ton of interesting mechanics but if only a handful of characters/tactics are used then that dampens a game's potential depth.

Or we can just ignore all opinions on the matter because neither Zissou nor Shaowebb are tournament winners of Arcana Hearts.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That's what Zissou is trying to bring up..... that you need to see a lot of high level play or play at least at a decent level to see how much real depth a game can hold. Game can have 50+ characters and a ton of interesting mechanics but if only a handful of characters/tactics are used then that dampens a game's potential depth.

Or we can just ignore all opinions on the matter because neither Zissou nor Shaowebb are tournament winners of Arcana Hearts.

The point is not whether there are active players, but rather whether if shaowebb is among them. (I suspect he is not)

jerry1594

You know what?
Just think about it:
Demitri for Ryu
Jedah for Dictator
Lilith for Cammy
Sasquatch for Birdie
etc. etc.
DansGame.jpg~c200

You know what?
Just think about it:
Demitri for Ryu
Jedah for Dictator
Lilith for Cammy
Sasquatch for Birdie
etc. etc.
That'd be the final nail in the coffin if Capcom All Stars doesn't become a thing. Darkstalkers is reduced to skins for Street Fighters to wear for DLC monies.

You know what?
Just think about it:
Demitri for Ryu
Jedah for Dictator
Lilith for Cammy
Sasquatch for Birdie
etc. etc.

I think R.Mika is better suited for a Morrigan alt.

Oh man, if R.Mika had a Morrigan alt and Nadeshiko came dressed as Lilith, that could easily be the best costume in the game

Rhapsody

Banned
Round 1 said Pokken was down for the day due to updates :(

I'll go next Wednesday then.

Mostly played rhythm games today besides my first time playing BBCPE for a short bit. I would've tried Tekken 7 but I found it just before I was done for the day.

I don't think he's saying that his views or ideas are not correct on the game, I think he's saying that his opinion of the game would shift if he was exposed to years of highest level play of the game.

It would be like talking about all the creative options, set ups and team synergies in MVC3 but when you witness the highest level of play you realize that only a fraction of that creative juice is used. People still to this day find cool stuff in the game but cool stuff doesn't matter when it's not practical or it's not better than the best stuff available.

I understand what you're saying but I don't think that's particularly relevant to the process of finding cool things and stuff that the game could potentially let you do with its mechanics and options.

Think of it like desk's combo videos. How many of those combos for the various games that he/she has videos of are used in high level play for their respective games? My guess is that he/she does it for the fun and challenge of it, and not necessarily for the purpose that it be used by high level players in tournament play.

Unless he's making statements like "all of this stuff is used in tournament play" when it can be shown to be contrary then I don't think anyone can dog him for what he's doing. As far as I can see he is just expressing interest and sharing his findings of a game that not many people here play and explaining why he think it's unique options are interesting.

Shun

So I just bought a new HRAP 4 Kai off eBay for $100 and it ends up that mapping, turbo, and the start/select buttons don't work...

Here's hoping they give me a discount and refund so I can go fix this or replace it. They don't have anymore so I messaged them, hoping they'll let me keep it and refund me it.

Rhapsody

Banned
So I just bought a new HRAP 4 Kai off eBay for $100 and it ends up that mapping, turbo, and the start/select buttons don't work...

Here's hoping they give me a discount and refund so I can go fix this or replace it. They don't have anymore so I messaged them, hoping they'll let me keep it and refund me it.

I don't have an HRAP 4 Kai, but is there a lock button/switch disabling those like the madcatz ones?

Shun

There should be, I already tried resetting all the buttons and it not working. I can do everything on my Fighting Edge just fine.

I think I have the same issue as pizzacat a few months ago where I just got a dud. The LEDs for the Turbo and Assign modes aren't even turning on.

It sucks and I mean I could fix it if I open it up, but I'm not voiding warranty yet and I want to see if I can get a refund or at the very least a discount from the seller first.

If I'm not mistaken I have to get used to the stick/button placement. It's a little farther than I'm used to but no big deal.

shaowebb

Arcana Heart 3 Love Max new OT done.

Good lord I'm tired. I'll try to update with brief character summaries throughout the thread otherwise the OT would never end if you remember how long my Maori thing was.

Have fun folks. Hopefully this makes it easier for folks jump in by leaving that thread up on chrome while they play to select Arcana. So many fucking mechanics to describe before I even hit the arcanas I swear lol.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I've had Mortal Kombat X running at a locked 50 fps for months until the benchmarks that came out yesterday enlightened me. I don't even know how to explain myself or how I didn't notice the transition between playing on my PC and other people's consoles.

Picking up that gooteck's e-book on learning street fighter because by god do I need all the help I can get to not suck at fighting games.

I've had Mortal Kombat X running at a locked 50 fps for months until the benchmarks that came out yesterday enlightened me. I don't even know how to explain myself or how I didn't notice the transition between playing on my PC and other people's consoles.

Picking up that gooteck's e-book on learning street fighter because by god do I need all the help I can get to not suck at fighting games.

would you say that your fps wasn't....

more than a 50/50?

In short if you are a netplay warrior you have to be very self-critical and analytical if you want to get to a high level, and realize that online and offline are played differently because of delay.

Basically. And it gets frustrating quickly when you don't feel as though your opponents are putting in the effort you are. If you don't have a consistent list of easily available, similarly minded players, online play melts into monotony and skill atrophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom