• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah shit.

You guys see what I see on the Frosty Faustings tourney list this year?
wUHCdKI.jpg

Link to Frosty Faustings tournament page

ONE MORE TIME BABY! Official tourney for TVC at Frosty Faustings Jan 22-23 !

Clawww

Quick observation regarding the Gief trailer:

I'm probably not the only one to notice this, but it looks like Gief's anti air elbow(at 0:16) seems to cause a crush counter.

Does anybody else's anti air normals cause a crush counter? Was that a thing in the SFV beta, or is this a recent addition? The thought of Birdie's crouching fierce causing a crush counter is makes me excited. Crouching fierce crush counter into either bull horn or anti air hanging chain. Yeeess...

jump lords stay free

YoungOne

Just out of curiosity, how's the FGC in Houston? I've been needing to train more, but I can't find many people in my community who play USF4, Mahvel, Melee & Smash 4.
To add more to what notsafe posted there is also a place called Gameguys that use to be in pasedena that recently made a move to 4108 Glenbrook Ct, Houston, TX 77087 the move was recent so I hadn't went there yet but plan to in a few weeks. They had a healthy sf4 and smash community with a fight night every thursday $5 all night play with tournaments usually on saturday.

Dahbomb

Only thing I don't like about Gief is that critical arts. It was over before it even began. I guess they got too fed up over Gief's long Ultra animation in SF4.

Beats

man, smash 4 feels a lot better to play after the global blockstun adjustment in yesterday's update. It was something that I really wanted, but never really expected to change. Going to have to break some habits though and start grinding some stuff out in the lab.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
GAF gold?

A premium subscription service on gaf. Invite only. You have to be a mod or vouched for by one in order to enter.

Wait... this is real?!
8j4rH.png

What do I get with GAF gold? Mind shedding some light Shouta? I wouldn't mind joining if you can recommend me.

Can't wait until the last character is announced and the V in the SFV logo turns upside down and it's actually alpha 4 :WOW:

crash-14

Looking at the registation list for Red Faction District still don't get why this tournament wasn't a premier event. I always thought it was the 2 most important major in Europe (Just behind Stunfest).
Even Gagapa it's going

Some notable players

Luffy
Valmaster
Ryan Hart
Problem X
Gagapa
Phenom
MBR
DoomDomainn
Andreas
Infexious
Pro Fluke
ISDD
Affi
Tyrant
Packz
Cuongster
Will2pac
Sheva
Demulant
Gonzales
KBrad

Maybe the "biggest" names that are missing are Kenpachi and Veggey (I could put Fas0ll in there but he's focus on SFV right now).

I wanna see if Kbrad gets exposed, cuz it's going to be a bloodyfest

I've done a few anti-air crush counters in the previous beta, with Ryu's stHP.

The real question is if the definition of counter hit is any different for airborne characters.

I am in a bar in Amsterdam at 11pm.

I am having a nice hot chocolate.

#yolo

On more of a serious note, RFD is not a premiere event because it was confirmed too late.

Thulius

I've done a few anti-air crush counters in the previous beta, with Ryu's stHP.

The real question is if the definition of counter hit is any different for airborne characters.

Yeah there were already unique mechanics for anti air crush counters in the first beta. Chun's st.HK causes a long spin animation on ch. Gives you enough time to super after and probably other weird stuff I didn't mess with.

b.HP also leaves the opponent in juggle state on anti air ch but doesn't cause the spin, so you have to cancel to combo out of it.

Yeah there were already unique mechanics for anti air crush counters in the first beta. Chun's st.HK causes a long spin animation on ch. Gives you enough time to super after and probably other weird stuff I didn't mess with.

b.HP also leaves the opponent in juggle state on anti air ch but doesn't cause the spin, so you have to cancel to combo out of it.

why arent you getting in on that cfg thread of the day/year

Infinite

man, smash 4 feels a lot better to play after the global blockstun adjustment in yesterday's update. It was something that I really wanted, but never really expected to change. Going to have to break some habits though and start grinding some stuff out in the lab.
What was changed? Been meaning to actually play this game for reals but haven't been able to create the time. Still got my GC Adapter in the box smh

hitsugi

Quick observation regarding the Gief trailer:

I'm probably not the only one to notice this, but it looks like Gief's anti air elbow(at 0:16) seems to cause a crush counter.

Does anybody else's anti air normals cause a crush counter? Was that a thing in the SFV beta, or is this a recent addition? The thought of Birdie's crouching fierce causing a crush counter is makes me excited. Crouching fierce crush counter into either bull horn or anti air hanging chain. Yeeess...

Anti-air CCs and the juggle states that follow were in prior to the first beta. The same normal that causes CC on ground will do it as an anti-air.

jerry1594

In a way i love the cognitive dissonance of 3rd strike fanboys that keep saying how dumping the old roster for a whole new cast was genius but cry because their favs aren't in in the new game.
I'm not crying. Cool though
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah shit.

You guys see what I see on the Frosty Faustings tourney list this year?
wUHCdKI.jpg

Link to Frosty Faustings tournament page

ONE MORE TIME BABY! Official tourney for TVC at Frosty Faustings Jan 22-23 !
Why are giants banned?

.la1n

I'm not overly excited with the current SF V roster but I feel confident it will sell so many copies that it's going to end up with all the characters people want anyway.

Crocodile

In a way i love the cognitive dissonance of 3rd strike fanboys that keep saying how dumping the old roster for a whole new cast was genius but cry because their favs aren't in in the new game.

But, if you ascribe to the slots theory, its not new characters who are displacing potential SF3 characters but rather SFII characters (again assuming you are all in on the slots mentality).

WarRock

Real talk. Sakura's V-Trigger is gonna be CCs, ya know this.
Sunburned Sakura man

Optionally, Rival Schools mode so she can side-step instead of having her V-Skill, tardy counter instead of V-Reversal and gets a launcher into chain into super.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
pm me ill handle it for you bruh

Bruh, you'll drown me in your spam.

There is no neogaf gold. Just like how there arent any stonemasons

There is a neogaf gold but I'm starting to think that it's just an easter egg.

I'm not overly excited with the current SF V roster but I feel confident it will sell so many copies that it's going to end up with all the characters people want anyway.

DLC is a thing so it'll only get better.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I got shield broke by charging aura sphere and died from the shield break animation :(

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
As a heads up, SEGA has given us 3DS classics codes to give away on steam/as prizes during Canada Cup VF. the games we're giving away are Streets of Rage 2 and Gunstar Heroes.

Tizoc

https://zippy.gfycat.com/RawInnocentIriomotecat.webm
Air Pot Busters, Air Haggar grabs, Air Tager Drivers, Air SPDs

It all comes full circle~
Also makes a good BANNED GIF~
https://gfycat.com/RawInnocentIriomotecat

As a heads up, SEGA has given us 3DS classics codes to give away on steam/as prizes during Canada Cup VF. the games we're giving away are Streets of Rage 2 and Gunstar Heroes.

Are these for US or EU eShop? I have those games but for the sake of those that want the codes, best to state the region :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom