• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hate for the roster thread is getting a bit over the top. That's why there's a separate thread for it, so that people can talk about roster stuff in there and not here.

Let people do what they enjoy doing. You don't have to read the roster thread if you don't want to. At the same time let's not bring unnecessary roster thread drama/hate in here please.

Is this coming from the same guy who posted in here saying he's surprised the Mika nipple thread isn't closed?

Look, we're just calling it how we see it. I don't see anyone defending the Laura leak thread's idiocy.

Dlent

I haven't participated in any roster discussion because none of them actually mattered to me after Brawl. With any new fighting game I just go through every character in training mode and narrow it down to which ones feel right to me. Then I pick the top tier among them.

Dahbomb

Is this coming from the same guy who posted in here saying he's surprised the Mika nipple thread isn't closed?
I made that statement because the thread was a landmine of NSFW material and threads like those have been banned with impunity previously.

If the roster thread is also filled with NSFW images then yeah something should be done about that too. Though I don't think that's what was being talked about here... seemed that certain people were being singled out of the roster thread.

I also see a lot of useless drive by posts in here talking about "lol I bet those roster folks quit the game after playing it one week" or "of course they post there, they don't actually play games". It's just petty and myopic.

pixelish

topanga a league playoff featuring misse, gachikun, tokido and nemo has just started
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv232176431

edit:
latest

I'm having much more fun with 3S than I expected. I guess all that time with Bella has made 360 motions less scary. Nothing beats catching an opponent in the air with 5HK, though. It's like God himself put on a steel toe boot and destroys the opponent's urge to ever jump again.

It's just one of those games that feels really good to do things in and has a lively neutral game to play, to boot.

Some Guile player manages to perfect Noguchi.

Tripon

Humanbomb went Yang!

Edit: The Cheng Du event just finished, so CPTA Asian finals is completed save for the Last Chance Qualifiers at Singapore, in Nov.

Infiltration, Bonchan, Nemo, Xian, Misse, MOV, Xiao Hai, Dakou.

Infiltration and Xian are already qualified via a CPT Premier spot, and Bonchan, Nemo, Dakou all have enough points to get in via points. Misse is on the fringe (but should make it via points as well). MOV is the only one that needs to win CPTA Finals in order to go to Capcom Cup.

MOV isn't going to win CPTA Finals.

notworksafe

I made that statement because the thread was a landmine of NSFW material and threads like those have been banned with impunity previously.

If the roster thread is also filled with NSFW images then yeah something should be done about that too. Though I don't think that's what was being talked about here... seemed that certain people were being singled out of the roster thread.

I also see a lot of useless drive by posts in here talking about "lol I bet those roster folks quit the game after playing it one week" or "of course they post there, they don't actually play games". It's just petty and myopic.
Of course you're upset about it, you don't play the games you talk about either lol

crash-14

Valmaster ends with 148 points. KBrad jumps to 88 points.

Bigger loser was Phenom, who just takes 8 points to reach 78. Ryan Hart and Gonzalez (both with 92 before the event) can't be happy neither (2 and 4 points each).

Dakou just had 12 points before the event. Now he has 140 points. Gackt collects 64 to reach 160. Humanbomb tops 200 points.

Right now Ricky and Pr Rog close top32 with 98 points. The guys above are Misse and Dakou with 140 so there's quite a jump.

With asian competition at premier events, it seems DTN and the Costa Rica tournament are going to be the key to see what happens to EG Boyz

Do we know if the Brazil premier event will have any other international representative besides Pepeday?

Tripon

Valmaster ends with 148 points. KBrad jumps to 88 points.

Bigger loser was Phenom, who just takes 8 points to reach 78. Ryan Hart and Gonzalez (both with 92 before the event) can't be happy neither (2 and 4 points each).

Dakou just had 12 points before the event. Now he has 140 points. Gackt collects 64 to reach 160. Humanbomb tops 200 points.

Right now Ricky and Pr Rog close top32 with 98 points. The guys above are Misse and Dakou with 140 so there's quite a jump.

With asian competition at premier events, it seems DTN and the Costa Rica tournament are going to be the key to see what happens to EG Boyz

Do we know if the Brazil premier event will have any other international representative besides Pepeday?
Haitani will be at BGS as well. Now that is playing Makoto again, I can root for him.

Tripon

Ryan Hart complains on Twitter about not getting cpt points because of xian gate keeping then loses to k-Brad. Pack it up.

Ryan Hart has Milan Games Week and Dreamhack Winter to try to get in Capcom Cup. Unless he's willing to travel to the U.S. for SCR, Canada Cup, Defend the North, and the Costa Rica CPT ranking event.

Sorry Hart, should have traveled to more ranking events in your region.

ShinMaruku

He should not be complaining about that, Xian trying to make papah, mula, his pockets want to be as fat as a tuna. Also he is capable of being Xian if he traveled enough.

Dai101

Banned
So, here we are, in exile country i see.

Anyway, i took advantage of 1 month XBL Gold for $10 pesos (about 60 cents USD) and if someone wants to play some VSAV or SSF4AC (or ST/HF/MAHVEL2/MK-AK) my GT is DaiMXN

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
sicario is awesome and probably the most intense film I've watched in a long while.

I have not watched any of the director's previous works before but will do so after seeing sicario.

and roger deakins did cinematography for the film and it looked so pretty as well.

Just got back from it about an hour ago. Still digesting it but general audience should find it satisfying as a thriller. Tunnel sequence was terrific. Interesting focus, feels like ZDT with a focus on pitting consequentialism v deontology. That might've been in ZDT too to some degree but it's been years since I've seen it.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I understand how Neoxon felt because I'm waiting for them to restock Ultra SF4 TE2. I would like to support MadCatz mainly because Markman have done a lot for community. Also I refused to buy any TE from scalpers because of the notion I had for Markman and they sell it like 50% more which is like $300 to $350.

Thanks for the support. I truly appreciate it. I know we've been a bit quiet on this, but we'll have some news/info (next week) on our next batch of FightSticks.

The thing is, a lot of people don't know, we are making improvements/changes to the current FightSticks to help cater towards the community/hardcore gamer. This is the current problem because we only have one product for PS4 FightSticks. However, in the future (SFV) we'll have multiple versions and this problem won't arise again.

So 4 years later Bamco is putting out a single player focused Vita game for EXVS. This is worse than ASW! I can only hope that the maxi boost port gets announced a month after Force is out. It's the only thing that keeps me going.

Coda

Just found a gif as wallpaper program for my Android phone. Having R. Mika doing the stunner over and over again as my background was worth it.

Rhapsody

Banned
I have no idea what I was thinking

You did the right thing in just pushing Ky out if you block the first few hits. His best mixups are just throw and 5D. Once he's out, you can just play neutral again. Most important thing in the mirror is to make sure you're gaining meter when you can. Once you're in, use meter and frame traps to open them up until you're pushed out again.

ST is so fun. Simple, to the point. The damage is ridiculous, you just get stunned from a couple hits sometimes. Walldive though. Holy shit, walldrive. Walldive is ridiculous. Just ridiculous. The scary thing is the moment you start practicing it, you see the potential. There's tons and then tons. Precision, baits, degrees of the same basic mixup... the move is absurd. Out of all the moves I've ever tried in a fighting game, it's probably the most broken one, hands down.

Or, roughly, this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom