• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

crash-14

Haitani will be at BGS as well. Now that is playing Makoto again, I can root for him.

But I want both at CPT... 128 points for 2nd it's not enough at this point.

Still better than any brazilian taking it... I'm not against the players, but the organizers behavior...

Numb

I feel for Tekken people because of Namco, but you play the hand you are given. And Eat Turkey on Thanksgivin :E

You mouth loses the taste of other flavors when you have nothing but salt everyday. Can't do much about it.

On less saltier news did anyone play waifu fighter Koihime Enbu and it good?. All those gameacho vids i've seen of the older version has me interested.

On less saltier news did anyone play waifu fighter Koihime Enbu and it good?. All those gameacho vids i've seen of the older version has me interested.

I played the old one at a friends place for a little bit. Seemed a very classical simple fundamentals based fighter but with fatal counters that will wreck your day layered on top, which is amusing and rewarding. Looks kinda janky (and, you know, if you're not into waifus you've come to the wrong place) but if you can accept that you can have a good time with it. I enjoyed myself when i played. Will probably pick up the new one if i don't have to bankrupt myself for it.

Numb

I played the old one at a friends place for a little bit. Seemed a very classical simple fundamentals based fighter but with fatal counters that will wreck your day layered on top, which is amusing and rewarding. Looks kinda janky (and, you know, if you're not into waifus you've come to the wrong place) but if you can accept that you can have a good time with it. I enjoyed myself when i played. Will probably pick up the new one if i don't have to bankrupt myself for it.

Cool. Bud got it and told me it's 5800 yen which seems reasonable.
I like waifus man. Interested BECAUSE of finding one i liked.

Oh, the combo system felt pretty weird, as in, there almost aren't any. At least until you get those fatal counters and then everything ground bounces and you can link into supers and whatnot and someone is getting destroyed. o_O

There's supports too but they cost meter.

Numb

Seeing alot of normals in play and the random special and super. Lots of crouching hit confirms into what looks like rekkas from one of the girls. Anime fighter that is paced alittle like SF4 with all these crouch blocks. Seems ok.

oneida's tumblr is a gif treasure trove

tumblr_nnwpl85He11slig2vo1_400.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Thanks for the support. I truly appreciate it. I know we've been a bit quiet on this, but we'll have some news/info (next week) on our next batch of FightSticks.

The thing is, a lot of people don't know, we are making improvements/changes to the current FightSticks to help cater towards the community/hardcore gamer. This is the current problem because we only have one product for PS4 FightSticks. However, in the future (SFV) we'll have multiple versions and this problem won't arise again.

Great! That's definitely good news so I'm looking forward for the news next week! Thank you for your time to answer my question.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
it's definitely better than it gets credit for, especially considering we're running on a 3.5 year old update to a game nearly 10 years old.

oneida

I always wondered, what's going on in that gif? Is that supposed to be a glitch?
the trains in Sarah's stage do damage if you run into them, and invariably leave you with 1 health. i like to try to hit them and get a reverse perfect. you can only do it at the start of the round, and by turning around and using the E button to run at them.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
the trains in Sarah's stage do damage if you run into them, and invariably leave you with 1 health. i like to try to hit them and get a reverse perfect. you can only do it at the start of the round, and by turning around and using the E button to run at them.

You know why they went back to flat terrain stages in VF4?

oneida

You know why they went back to flat terrain stages in VF4?
uneven terrain while cool as hell (vf3 stages are my favorite in the series) led to p1/p2 imbalance: combos that worked on a decline wouldn't work on an incline, and stages like pais start you on a decline. in vf3 tournaments only akiras and takas stages were used.

(last year's vf3 anniversary tournament used all stages and all characters because it was more laid back)

Rhapsody

Banned
Ah, I see. Wasn't sure if it was supposed to do that much damage. But I guess I forgot there were ring outs, so it's not like it looks out of place.

Also, is anyone here going to SCR this week?

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
uneven terrain while cool as hell (vf3 stages are my favorite in the series) led to p1/p2 imbalance: combos that worked on a decline wouldn't work on an incline, and stages like pais start you on a decline. in vf3 tournaments only akiras and takas stages were used.

(last year's vf3 anniversary tournament used all stages and all characters because it was more laid back)

Interesting stuff.

So that means DOA is the only game I know that has done uneven terrain in a fighting game right.

Tripon

Ah, I see. Wasn't sure if it was supposed to do that much damage. But I guess I forgot there were ring outs, so it's not like it looks out of place.

Also, is anyone here going to SCR this week?
Can't take Friday off, so I'm not going to enter any events. Might go on Saturday to spectate, go play casuals.

Tripon

Not that anyone was expecting otherwise, but Winterfox is flying Strider 801 to SCR, Defend the North and Canada Cup.

Edit: and Dreamhack Winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom