• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bless the HK versions of stuff being english most of the times,cheaper,releases around the same time as Japan and doesn't have any of these bullshits.
EU always stay losing.

I usually import the US (and sometimes JP or HK) versions but... unless we get a proper release there won't be enough people online with a decent connection i can play against. Can't just hop into ranked to practice something in ASW games =/ So then i end up not playing them so much.

I hope there will be at least a few people on DBFC when it releases later this week.. EU gets digital only but at least it's something.

I thought the netcode was better on the PS4 port, isn't it?

2846638-6228875380-micha.gif

Numb

I usually import the US (and sometimes JP or HK) versions but... unless we get a proper release there won't be enough people online with a decent connection i can play against. Can't just hop into ranked to practice something in ASW games =/ So then i end up not playing them so much.

I hope there will be at least a few people on DBFC when it releases later this week.. EU gets digital only but at least it's something.

Rarely US since they get the stuff around the same time as us.
Not sure how hyped people are for Dengeki Bunko.

FACE

Banned
Using Wi-Fi is prohibited

How can you know if the dude is using wifi?

I wish capcom had developed a system that detects if someone is trying to play online while using wi-fi, if they were the game would be automatically uninstalled from their pc/ejected from the console.

Rarely US since they get the stuff around the same time as us.
Not sure how hyped people are for Dengeki Bunko.

I dunno either. I'm sure the announced sequel soured some people on it. But i'd be okay even if there's some more casual players on there, as long as it's not a completely dead wasteland. There are a lot of SAO fans at least, perhaps they'll get it.

WarRock

I know I suck at 3S because Remys spamming fireball and then crossing over me to poke/throw are harder to deal with than Yun or Ken ))=

Numb

I dunno either. I'm sure the announced sequel soured some people on it. But i'd be okay even if there's some more casual players on there, as long as it's not a completely dead wasteland. There are a lot of SAO fans at least, perhaps they'll get it.

One of those that got soured by the sequel especially when there are a bunch of other newer fighters and other games hitting.
The online won't be dead tho and the SAO fans have a very complicated relationship with the series but that Vita game was selling well.

ShinMaruku

The real question is is this Tekken really going to be as open as it needs to be to grow, or will it remain stable? They are already hurting themselves by being bad with localization, but is the game not needing a master thesis to reach ground level? To be fair removing tag is a great equalizer in some ways but I still think it could still require a master thesis.

The real question is is this Tekken really going to be as open as it needs to be to grow, or will it remain stable? They are already hurting themselves by being bad with localization, but is the game not needing a master thesis to reach ground level? To be fair removing tag is a great equalizer in some ways but I still think it could still require a master thesis.

+It does not have tag mechanics, reducing complexity
+It has less characters (for now), which means less matchups to learn
+Stepping has been nerfed, which makes good players worse, indirectly helping you
+Long combos aren't necessary to do good damage
+New power crush mechanic helps alleviate lack of string knowledge at lower levels of play

All that said, if we're talking about getting new players into competing in tournaments, it will still be a very uphill battle. Legacy skill is still super strong; those who have played Tekken competitively for years will still wipe the floor with new players unless they can handle not winning for a long time, get some sort of top player guidance to speed up the process, or are just exceptionally talented.

I signed up for that CapCup tourney.

I stand no chance but fuck it. I'm gonna be at my brothers place that weekend so, why not?

Gonna get my shit pushed in on stream, I knoe I will.

Sayad

Faster games and way more flashy stuff that doesn't only make things look better, but actually help at recognizing what's going on, the game make sure everyone knows when a counter hit happen. Still not feeling the supers but those end of the round slowdowns are pretty hype. The shorter combos help a lot too.

NEO0MJ

Faster games and way more flashy stuff that doesn't only make things look better, but actually help at recognizing what's going on, the game make sure everyone knows when a counter hit happen. Still not feeling the supers but those end of the round slowdowns are pretty hype. The shorter combos help a lot too.

I see, thanks. I haven't really gotten a good idea of the developed game yet, mostly because it will take an eternity to get it ( ._.)

ShinMaruku

doa series is historically light years ahead of other console fighters when it comes to online feature set.
They are also ahead in the booty department. They ushered in the age of booty.

+It does not have tag mechanics, reducing complexity
+It has less characters (for now), which means less matchups to learn
+Stepping has been nerfed, which makes good players worse, indirectly helping you
+Long combos aren't necessary to do good damage
+New power crush mechanic helps alleviate lack of string knowledge at lower levels of play

All that said, if we're talking about getting new players into competing in tournaments, it will still be a very uphill battle. Legacy skill is still super strong; those who have played Tekken competitively for years will still wipe the floor with new players unless they can handle not winning for a long time, get some sort of top player guidance to speed up the process, or are just exceptionally talented.
That was what I was thinking about the removal of tag but legacy skill will always be a strong thing. It really depends how much it picks up so the newbiest can carry the game. We can't expect the core to do so.

Looks like the first qualifier already filled up.

I got this.

I don't got this.
If you beat kstoute, you got this.

I see, thanks. I haven't really gotten a good idea of the developed game yet, mostly because it will take an eternity to get it ( ._.)

It won't take an eternity. Just start with frame advantage/disadvantage, know how juggles work, know what high/mid/low means, and that's enough to learn from your matches.

The rest is mostly expansion of these concepts.

Movement is an exception, but not practically too different from other fighters. Move to try and get your opponent to make a mistake, or move because you anticipate that you can avoid something (ie duck a EWGF or sidestep a Phoenix Smasher).

NEO0MJ

It won't take an eternity. Just start with frame advantage/disadvantage, know how juggles work, know what high/mid/low means, and that's enough to learn from your matches.

The rest is mostly expansion of these concepts.

Movement is an exception, but not practically too different from other fighters. Move to try and get your opponent to make a mistake, or move because you anticipate that you can avoid something (ie duck a EWGF or sidestep a Phoenix Smasher).

Oh, I play Tekken, just didn't look into how different 7 will be from what I'm used to playing. Though truth be told I didn't really practice movement much.

Oh, I play Tekken, just didn't look into how different 7 will be from what I'm used to playing. Though truth be told I didn't really practice movement much.

My understanding is:
- there's supers now, to do one you have to give up your rage, the motions are mostly qcf or qcb + 2 buttons
- all supers and a few older moves have "armor" similar to 2D fighters
- "step has been nerfed" (I assume this means that you can no longer instantly block out of a sidewalk? If anyone knows the specifics of this I'd like to know)
- there is no bound, but there is something else similar that you extend combos with after a juggle (side splat? What are Tekken players calling this?)
- As usual, new characters and new moves for old characters

Numb

My understanding is:
- there's supers now, to do one you have to give up your rage, the motions are mostly qcf or qcb + 2 buttons
- all supers and a few older moves have "armor" similar to 2D fighters
- "step has been nerfed" (I assume this means that you can no longer instantly block out of a sidewalk? If anyone knows the specifics of this I'd like to know)
- there is no bound, but there is something else similar that you extend combos with after a juggle (side splat? What are Tekken players calling this?)
- As usual, new characters and new moved for old characters

Supers usually a random direction and 2 buttons.
Supers do have armour and each character has an armoured move . Some can launch and others can't. You take 1.5 damage when you armour a move.
Movement has been nerfed in general,especially side stepping. Blocking is still the same i believe.
The new bound looking thing is called a tailspin. Unique in that you can still do it and a sort of full combo after a low parry compared to bound where you cant do a bound after low parry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom