• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

HOLD DAT L SHAOWEBB

Gonna be honest, I didn't even check file sizes. I just went looking for R. Mika gifs :p

I forget folks use data plans for stuff like this. I only internet from the home computer. Its why I disappear when I go on vacations or travel.

jbug617

Banned
Spooky got bodied by TSA
CN7wknGVAAAIqGD.jpg

Remember guys streaming is so easy esp when tsa ruins your SDI cables.

Shouta

Gonna be honest, I didn't even check file sizes. I just went looking for R. Mika gifs :p

I forget folks use data plans for stuff like this. I only internet from the home computer. Its why I disappear when I go on vacations or travel.

You can disable gifs on mobile.

It's really not just mobile but folks that have monthly caps or slow speeds because of lack of options is another reason. We used to have 56k warnings on the forum then it went away for awhile then data caps and mobile were introduced lol

It's really not just mobile but folks that have monthly caps or slow speeds because of lack of options is another reason. We used to have 56k warnings on the forum then it went away for awhile then data caps and mobile were introduced lol
Ah, understood.

CurlyW

Fun fact I discovered while perusing the Evo Wikipedia page: 2015 was the first year since Evo began that there was no all-American Top 8.

'02-'05: MvC2
'06: MvC2, DoA4, and Tekken 5
'07: MvC2, Tekken 5: DR, and Melee
'08: MvC2 and Brawl
'09-'10: MvC2
'11: MvC3 and MK9
'12: MK9
'13: MK9 and Injustice
'14: UMvC3, KI, and Injustice
'15: Land of the free

Man lot of negative reviews of sfv new build that was showcased in PAX. Not good. Both on srk forums and beta feedback at capcom unity.

Man lot of negative reviews of sfv new build that was showcased in PAX. Not good. Both on srk forums and beta feedback at capcom unity.

That's weird. Podcast I was listening to had people raving about the Pax build and saying how fun the new characters were, especially Mika.

I am on my phone but srk forums and capcom unity beta feedback forum is not hard to find.
Lot of negative feedback in removal of Kara throw, limiting combo system even further, some combos are removed aka not linkable. CA damage lowered, and many others. Also a lot of complaints on the game not feeling 'deep' enough. People feels like the game will get figured out fast and might not last as long as sfiv.

I am on my phone but srk forums and capcom unity beta feedback forum is not hard to find.
Lot of negative feedback in removal of Kara throw, limiting combo system even further, some combos are removed aka not linkable. CA damage lowered, and many others. Also a lot of complaints on the game not feeling 'deep' enough. People feels like the game will get figured out fast and might not last as long as sfiv.
Oh geez. I thought you meant actual concerns. So what if you can't do 80% of someone's health with a CA combo? Is that a problem?

Kara throw is in line with the removal of OSes and other "invisible" tech in the game.
Combos have opened up for some, and closed for others. It doesn't matter in the end, anyway. Everyone does the same combos.

I don't see how this game is less deep than SFII or SFIII.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/202395/improvements-concerns-for-post-gamescom-build-for-capcom-unity

Here's something.

My personal biggest gripe with the game (which I have not played) is that the walkspeeds seem hella slow. Overall speed increase Would facilitate a more interesting neutral game imo.
Walk speed is fine. If they buff Bison's walk speed, I will be pissed. Just dash if you want to move fast - dashes recover much faster in this game than they did in SFIV.

petghost

Banned
Walk speed is fine. If they buff Bison's walk speed, I will be pissed. Just dash if you want to move fast - dashes recover much faster in this game than they did in SFIV.

Maybe bison doesn't need it but I dno man I feel like the footsie game is hurting for it. you don't use a dash to move in and out of the range of pokes.

No Sako in Topanga A league :(((((

Yeah that sucks. He and Daigo are usually the best at these round robins. If you look at the results of not only the long sets, but also the ft3 round robins, he's just right behind Daigo. The guy is a god at these and losing him loses some of its prestige. Same reason why I always wanted Wao to stay.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Me and Vulva have been talking about this since the playable beta that began in June for E3. The game is fun but it seems limited in a sense and will become bland. However, I don't know we'll know until the game has reached the point of where it isn't fun anymore.

Edit:

I'm gonna go ahead and break down the concerns from a mechanical perspective and my understanding of why it was done:

DevilJin 01 said:
Improve walk speeds a bit, especially for characters that have slower speeds like Bison, Birdie and Nash. Would prefer something closer to old game walk speeds for characters. Especially if throws are as short ranged as they are.

The reason the walk speeds are slow for those characters is because they can easily overpower and pressure character with the normals they have. If Bison had the walk speed he did in SF4, he would be unbeatable imo.

DevilJin 01 said:
Improve the range on throws a bit. They do a lot of damage and stun, but we just don't see huge importance in them if people can be near each other and whiff throw at the same time. That's just too short at the moment we feel. Chip damage on normals and higher damage is nice, but that shouldn't warrant weak range on grabs.

I think the line of reasoning for limiting the range on throws is to prevent tick throws from happening from such a long distance. It was certainly infuriating to get caught by them in SF4 imo and this limits the viability of that tactic, making it a more footsie based game. If the range was increased and kara grabs were in, people would mindlessly relay on that to get the upper edge (plus the grabs are very quick) instead of focusing on the footsie/neutral game.

DevilJin 01 said:
Consider making the stage sizes a bit smaller especially if this is game with slower walk speeds and less emphasis on zoning. Keeps focus on the footsies and rush game.

I think the stages are as big as they are because of the high damage/stun output on the characters. They have to have a way of escaping it or it'll just be a game of who can stun the other player first.

DevilJin 01 said:
Continue to focus on limiting range and combo options off of light attacks and improve medium and heavy normals for footsies and hit confirming.

I actually agree with this one, it seems like a great way to more focus on the footsie game since you can get great punishes off of it but as well it has to have a fine balance because if the footsie game is too strong and ridiculous combos can be done from just staying away from your opponent's range of normals, it'll make it less of a risk/reward system and more of a "if I just stay away long enough and camp, I can poke him and get a combo"

DevilJin 01 said:
Strengthen V Reversals. Most reports from players say they are currently too slow and not worth burning considering the huge importance of V Triggers.

I think people don't even know that V Reversals are a thing in the game. I think they are just very limited to extreme situations that make them usual, not as bad as Pandora, but not as good as say having x-factor available. Increasing the use of V Reversals is a great suggestion, but I hope they can site examples of what would be ways of making it good. Sure Capcom can try and try, but if suggestions aren't made, they are just going to throw a dart on the wall and see which stick.

DevilJin 01 said:
Either increase the time that white chip from normal lingers or make the white chip damage larger. Right now walk speeds seem to be too slow and the white chip recovers too quickly for it to be something that will hugely effect matches.

I think because the walk speed is so slow, they need to recover faster. For SF4, if a focus attack absorbed a normal, it would take a while to recover since the characters had fast walk speeds compared to those in SFV.

DevilJin 01 said:
Continue to emphasize making reversals more fair and riskier.

I honestly don't know what to say about this one. The actual numbers of frame data could only allow so much room until you get a reversal game where its too difficult to even make a punish, hence making it riskier but less fair. There's an odd balance between the two since numbers are involved. I won't say too much on this since I don't think I have the know how to explain my point.

DevilJin 01 said:
Continue to emphasize block stun and allowing a majority of block strings to be true block strings. Only jabs creating true block strings in SFIV really limited the type of pressure you could apply in conjunction with the invincible dashes.

This is a good concern, the pressure is very limited, depending on the character though so who knows.

DevilJin 01 said:
Try to create a better medium between fireball and anti fireball options. There seems to be a lot of anti projectile options per character and don't want another SF game where the projectile zoning characters always have to be walking on eggshells with every projectile they throw. Projectiles should be pertinent and players should have to learn to get around them with spacing and patience rather than just have a ton of tools to bypass them.

I think less fireball spam was the intent on doing this, which is a great idea since it prevents mindless zoning and makes the player think twice before they chuck it out.

DevilJin 01 said:
Lessen emphasis on option selects. Try to minimize the amount of situations where the game can store inputs that allows options selects so the game can be more read based. Now that there are less options to slip out of pressure, these shouldn't be as necessary.

I'm personally on the camp of not liking option selects, it may deepen the meta for the game but it then covers too many options and less "reading" from the player. The simplest example I can use is crouch short to crouch jab option select crouching roundhouse into the crouch jab. Since priority linking is a thing, two things can happen, if the player stays put and doesn't do anything, a crouching jab will come out. If the player backdashes, a crouching roundhouse will come out instead. I personally don't like this since it just makes it easier for the player to manipulate the outcome of certain situations instead of observing the player's patterns on a deeper level and actually punishing them from a pure read.

Those are my two cents on the complaints, some of them are a little weird and some of them bring a good point.

Me and Vulva have been talking about this since the playable beta that began in June for E3. The game is fun but it seems limited in a sense and will become bland. However, I don't know we'll know until the game has reached the point of where it isn't fun anymore.
Game will keep getting steady updates of characters, and possibly down the line system mechanics (more likely multiple V-triggers). I'd like to at least see linking from lights, but with reduced range (and only 1 light attack).

Maybe bison doesn't need it but I dno man I feel like the footsie game is hurting for it. you don't use a dash to move in and out of the range of pokes.
I don't feel like footsies are hurting at all. It's just that footsies take place in a much more intense, enclosed space than before. No simple weave and out for baits. The game feels so much more intense and aggressive than SFIV as a result. It isn't just focus attacks.

Game will keep getting steady updates of characters, and possibly down the line system mechanics (more likely multiple V-triggers). I'd like to at least see linking from lights, but with reduced range (and only 1 light attack).
As long as you can chain to a combo ender from lights, I really don't care.

I don't see this game as missing something SFIV had, and SFIV was played for a long time. What do you think it's missing?

Linking lights into anything can fuck off. I hated that shit in sf4 and don't wanna see it come back. As long as you can end your lights with a special or super then I think that would be fine. During the beta I was basically using Ryu's super like I would in 3rd Strike... cr.lk cr.lp cr.lk xx super. Felt just right.

I would like an increase in walk speed though.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

I like the 3rd strike combo system that it is aiming for, hopefully with a little more leeway to do combos.

image.php

I don't see this game as missing something SFIV had, and SFIV was played for a long time. What do you think it's missing?

SF2 introduced meter to the series. SF3 introduced parries to the series. SF4 introduced focus attacks into the series. SF5 is introducing V-Reversals, V-Skills, V-Triggers into the series.

SF2 provided more of a stronger punish/comeback game if you played your cards right, making it more thought provoking when it came down to the last seconds but provided less focus on fundamentals when it came to moments of just taking out your opponent from repeated footsie game to just doing crouching long to super.

SF3 destroyed the fireball game but gave spectacular moments in which if the game is played perfectly, it an all out match of speed and technically on inputs and parries (which I personally love).

SF4 lessened the footsie game and introduced focus attacks and increased the combo potential through those same focus attacks (a give and take really). From each of these series, each took something away and gave something back. SF5 is giving us the V's but isn't really taking away anything that would make them necessary to excel greatly in the game. I don't know, its a weird subject I'm still trying to tackle in my head and need to grind out the game more before I come to a final conclusion. Hopefully my pants are blown off with the future characters to be announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom