• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

I at least have managed to get out of it now :< That environment does shit to you.

Between not really messing with people anymore and ASW murdering their own games I've more or less stopped playing though. Kinda sucks but I'd rather be happy/healthy and not play right now.

shaowebb

Gonna be a busy holiday season for anime fighters apparently.

Blade Arcus from Shining EX / November 26
Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel / December 10
Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition /December 17

I know next to nothing on these fighters but I play everything and generally find something fun and interesting in most fighting games so here's hoping I end up with some of these as Xmas/Birthday gifts from family this year. Give me something to research over the next year.

I'm actually pretty close to owning most fighting games of competitive nature since PS2 now so hurray for having a neat fighter-pedia library to browse for fun and ideas.

dunno what drama happens in the anime FGC...Evo made me despise the other communities and insulate with anime. Still not over that shit. WOuld have been a terrible evo if it wasnt for meeting up with the anime people

shaowebb

dunno what drama happens in the anime FGC...Evo made me despise the other communities and insulate with anime. Still not over that shit. WOuld have been a terrible evo if it wasnt for meeting up with the anime people

I'm still blown away from the Galileo stuff from EVO 2014 with Blaz Blue. I couldn't believe it wasn't back as a big deal the next year after that. What a legacy to lose. Greatest top 4 in EVO history with more comebacks than a JWong Highlight reel all from one man to make it to the top. Just insane.

Anime EVO was cool all over. I'd like to see more from the Anime side of the FGC in general pick up. Really though I just like the idea of more fighters picking up period. I like variety, and Anime helped keep a lot of fast paced fighting game stuff on stream. Now all I need is a good 2.5d tag fighter to pick up big and my viewing would be set.

crash-14

Do we have an international registation list for SCR ?

So far I know the ones at the SFV exhibition

Kazunoko
Xiao Hai
Dako
Reiketsu

Momentary

Banned
This is for a STEAM copy of BB CSE. I thought it best to put it here rather than the STEAM thread so as not to go to someone's +1 library. If you're planning on getting BBCPE for PC, this should at least give you an idea of what the hell is up with the game if you haven't tried it out yet. I just lurk on the FGC thread due to my scrubiness for those wondering who the hell this guy is just popping out of no where.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rayge:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1104434.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rayge, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend -- MB-0991C96C3BD72557 - Taken by SolarPowered. 3 entrants total.

header.jpg

t1444099249z1.png

Between not really messing with people anymore and ASW murdering their own games I've more or less stopped playing though. Kinda sucks but I'd rather be happy/healthy and not play right now.

Well GG is kind of ok from the looks of it, but they probably need to step up the support a bit especially with their timing on the console port of Revelator.

Anne

Well GG is kind of ok from the looks of it, but they probably need to step up the support a bit especially with their timing on the console port of Revelator.

GG is passable I guess. Wait for that $60 Revelator disc next summer.

BB was murdered by the terrible idea of an Extend disc release and then announcing the sequel a week later.

P4U2 will forever be outdated by a non content patch.

They publish UNiEL and it's in an unconfirmed patch limbo hell.

They release an outdated version of AH3 on PC and charge 30 dollars for it.

#PrayForEurope

All within a year after the travesty of their normal localization cycle. Not to mention the horror stories I hear of trying to work and communicate with them. I feel sorry for the PR guys too, what a shit job they have to deal with. Shit sucks cause I like their games but everything surrounding them this year has been awful.

That's far too negative. They are probably aiming for April release like every other japanese publisher with a product to sell. So it will be like end of spring, maybe a week or two before summer for a north american release.

Tripon

Should have the SCR and BGS thread up by wed or Thursday night if and when Capcom has info up or acekingoffsuit makes the infographic.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm very disappointed in Persona numbers...

SCR2015 Online Registration Count:
USF4 - 191
UMVC3 - 62
Smash 4 - 40
Melee - 18
MKX - 125
KI - 26
DOA5 - 14
TTT2 - 13
KOF - 24
GGXRD - 70
GGXAC+R - 11
Gundam - 6
BBCCP - 33
P4 - 15
UNIEL - 20
SG - 7
DFC - 7

For Elphelt, we got her pretty much at the same time since she was DLC. We don't have Revelator in the US, but the character balance is the exact same outside of small system mechanic changes. We just don't have the MU experience, so I feel like Elphelt players are still lagging behind since they aren't forced to learn all the intricacies just yet with what's currently working on people.

Although I do feel like this goes for a lot of other characters too in this game, not just Elphelt, on us being behind.

But you're right though, we're definitely lagging behind on skill, especially due to the reasons mentioned from people on this page.
I feel like the situation is going to stay hopeless without GGPO and changeable delay/input settings. I just can't go back to delay based netcode, man. VSav is amazing, SG is pure online, 3S online is smoother than anything modern Capcom has to offer and even indie fighters are riding the rollback wave. Anime is gonna be in the dumps for a while in the online gameplay department.
While true, you can go in and stop nearly everyone from building meter. The main culprits anyway (Ryu, Chun, Ken, Yun, Dudley) and in Chun and Yun's case you really have to go in on them before they build a bar. Ironically they're probably the hardest ones to stop cause a couple well placed pokes by Chun= 30% of your life gone and more meter for her, and sometimes Yun likes to run away and he'll be building meter anyway so instead of wasting time chasing him some people opt to just build meter instead.
Yeah, meter gain sounds problematic in this game, but it is hardly a deal breaker. If I had to pick one I'd take character balancing over meter gain whiff fixes any day of the week.

BB was murdered by the terrible idea of an Extend disc release and then announcing the sequel a week later.

P4U2 will forever be outdated by a non content patch.

They publish UNiEL and it's in an unconfirmed patch limbo hell.

They release an outdated version of AH3 on PC and charge 30 dollars for it.

#PrayForEurope

All within a year after the travesty of their normal localization cycle. Not to mention the horror stories I hear of trying to work and communicate with them. I feel sorry for the PR guys too, what a shit job they have to deal with. Shit sucks cause I like their games but everything surrounding them this year has been awful.
Have my standards dropped? Everything else sucks, but AH3 six stars is currently arcade only in Japan, right? It not being on PC or consoles makes perfect sense to me. I would honestly be pretty happy if we got to a point where ASW published/developed titles got PC ports and console ports at the same time with reasonable delay compared to the arcade release. I'd be perfectly content if the online for both were rollback based. The dream would be crossplay as well, but that would mean that ASW would have to stick to 1 disk for an entire generation AND THAT AIN'T HAPPENING LOL.

Rhapsody

Banned
except for xrd, every fighting game I enjoy always does terrible numbers

Those numbers are weak

I'm pretty sure the venue fee scared off a lot of people. It was 50 for venue, 10 for each game.
Pretty sure they noticed that which is why they said they'll wave the fee if you bring a full setup.

Whatever, I'm in for Persona and Xrd. I haven't practiced either seriously, but we'll see how this goes.

Tripon

I'm very disappointed in Persona numbers...

MOV? He's been traveling for sf4 a lot

Can't even make a 16 man bracket, damn.

500 dollar pot bonus too. I got this!

except for xrd, every fighting game I enjoy always does terrible numbers

Those numbers are weak

Never believe Alex Valle on the numbers. For weeks, he's been pumping up the numbers, telling people to register because spots were running out, etc. Valle said that Ultra was close to reaching the 256 cap, he said that Melee and Smash 4 were reaching the 128 cap and getting another $1K bonus for each game from Twitch. Yeah right.

I guess it shows that SCR needs to be an event that runs up to EVO instead of being able to stand on its own two feet. It's sad, but I hope Valle can plan next year SCR to be in the spring.

I'm just fine with getting more discs as story is huge to me in ASW games, but extend games need to lower the price and not fuck things up. BBCPE added enough to be worth the disc for the most part, but the main problem with it is it increased execution requirements tenfold for almost every character, making the already delay based netplay pretty horrible, despite both persona and BBCP playing pretty well online

I'm pretty sure the venue fee scared off a lot of people. It was 50 for venue, 10 for each game.
Pretty sure they noticed that which is why they said they'll wave the fee if you bring a full setup.

Whatever, I'm in for Persona and Xrd. I haven't practiced either seriously, but we'll see how this goes.

hahahaha, fuck that venue fee

Tripon

SCR Events have been hosted at various locations ranging from arcades and amusement centers to restaurant and college ballrooms. This year, we are taking SCR to a new venue in a new city: The Ontario Convention Center.

As SCR continues to grow, we look to find places that can accommodate the growth as well as provide activities and places to go outside of the event. We hope that you and your colleagues join us on October 9-11 and partake in one of the final major SoCal fighting game events of the year.

Did we mention SCR is the final Capcom Pro Tour qualifying event?

lol.

http://www.socalregionals.com/information

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I thought I heard Justin and Floe say they aren't going because they aren't Socal anymore. If final numbers are close to that could it even be called a major? You could finish the whole tournament in a day with those numbers. Imagine how long the commercial breaks will be.

I thought I heard Justin and Floe say they aren't going because they aren't Socal anymore. If final numbers are close to that could it even be called a major? You could finish the whole tournament in a day with those numbers. Imagine how long the commercial breaks will be.

to be fair, was it ever a major in the first place?

Tripon

I think he bolded and lol'd it, because it's not the final qualifying event. It's the final qualifying event within the US. There are like 6 left including the Brazil one, if you look at the schedule.

Defend the North is two weeks after SCR. Maybe Valle considers ranking events to be a bit different.

At least that means more stream monsters right? If Momochi, Daigo, etc... don't go SCR will be a let down.

There will be on site reg, so maybe one of the big monsters will sneak in unnoticed.

CurlyW

This is what happens when you try to cobble together an event after getting fucked over by your venue, I guess. Unfortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom