• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunpealD

Defend the North is two weeks after SCR. Maybe Valle considers ranking events to be a bit different.
Ranking is not automatically qualified. So factually speaking it's correct. Still doesn't make it the "final" qualifying event though.

It just got cancelled too.

So they pulled an MML3? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Total number of players. It was 3 teams or so from what Shingin posted.
It might have been a hype top 3!

Rhapsody

Banned
Persona numbers are half of Prelude 2 I think? It was the cheaper event, so I suppose it makes sense that some just chose one over the other.

Dahbomb

I thought I heard Justin and Floe say they aren't going because they aren't Socal anymore. If final numbers are close to that could it even be called a major? You could finish the whole tournament in a day with those numbers. Imagine how long the commercial breaks will be.
Damn Justin not attending a SCR?

I feel that ever since streaming became a thing, I have always seen Justin at SCR.

Also Justin really hasn't been traveling much either. I am not sure exactly what he's doing, he's letting his Capcom Cup standings slip by as well.

DunpealD

I feel that ever since streaming became a thing, I have always seen Justin at SCR.

Also Justin really hasn't been traveling much either. I am not sure exactly what he's doing, he's letting his Capcom Cup standings slip by as well.
Justin is pretty much in. Maybe he is just waiting for SFV to be more active again.

Nah. People were actually going to put money towards Gundam. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ice cold.

Tripon

Since we're talking about FGC majors being blown up, EGLX, the Canadian major in Nov that was supposed to have a $40,000 total prize pot for games such as Ultra, Melee, Smash 4, etc. They have since decided that instead of November, they will be moving the tournament to April 2016 because of the 'increased demand' of the tournament and participates.

Also, Verizon dropped their ass as a sponsor so now they can't pay their pot bonuses. What a fucking scummy organization.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/3nm992/remember_our_40k_esports_tourney_yeah_we_arent/

Latest News about EGLX: After talking to some MAJOR competitive teams from the US, eSports organizations, and video game publishers who really wanted to participate but couldn't make it in such short notice, we’ve decided to move the date of EGLX to April 29 – May 1st 2016 to give us more time to accommodate these huge players in the gaming industry and eSports scene. We know how disappointing it can be to wait a few extra months but we sincerely think this will give the event the opportunity to be even larger than we ever expected. When we first announced the event, we didn't realize how many companies and organizations wanted to be involved. Every few days we'd be approached by another team/company/celebrity who asked to be involved but they requested more time to make it part of their schedule. Saying no to them would be like shooting ourselves in the foot.

The positive feedback was resounding and we decided that we want to allow this event the opportunity to become as huge as it can organically grow beyond our original vision. (Although we CAN announce that Twitch will now be an official sponsor of the entire event due to the delay, so that the event will be on the front page of Twitch and in their email newsletters.)

We know it's hard to be patient but the event will be that much better with this extra time to prepare and allow more partners to be involved. There are so many exciting things in the works and cool new discussions happening at this very moment due to this change of date and we can't wait to share them so you can understand more about our decision to postpone.

Notice: Anyone who has purchased either team or individual tickets for the November show will be issued a full refund this week. We will send you a confirmation email once the refund has been processed.

Stay tuned to www.eglx.ca/news as we announce additional celebrities, professional teams and sponsors over the next month! We are working hard to make this event bigger and better!
https://www.facebook.com/events/440203436168291/

So again, LOL.

ShinMaruku

To be fair he has a snowballs chance in hell of winning Capcom Cup. He's probably being smart sitting this one out.

ShinMaruku

Nah man he's in the hyperbolic time chamber training hardcore and doesn't want people to steal his new strats and plays at majors..

That most certainly mean he has a snowballs chance in hell because the amount of people in Japan probably have developed what ever bullshit tech you'd find and hide.

jbug617

Banned
CEOtaku numbers so far

CQmf5blUYAAaQk2.jpg

Shouta

Since we're talking about FGC majors being blown up, EGLX, the Canadian major in Nov that was supposed to have a $40,000 total prize pot for games such as Ultra, Melee, Smash 4, etc. They have since decided that instead of November, they will be moving the tournament to April 2016 because of the 'increased demand' of the tournament and participates.

Also, Verizon dropped their ass as a sponsor so now they can't pay their pot bonuses. What a fucking scummy organization.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/3nm992/remember_our_40k_esports_tourney_yeah_we_arent/

So again, LOL.

Goddamn, lol. Only problem is that they're the same weekend as NWM now. What the?

CurlyW

So again, LOL.

Is this the EGL that hosted that weird Dallas event a couple months back with the big MKX pot bonus? (Not Absolute Battle)

Joule

So again, LOL.

Was considering going to this since it's in town but scratch that off.

Horseress

http://venturebeat.com/2015/09/29/h...olution-of-street-fighter-and-the-capcom-cup/

There will probably be no Ultra for Capcom Cup next year. They are going full on SFV.

February release date then?

Also

But Street Fighter V is the first Street Fighter that has been created with esports in mind. We’ll be balancing the game during the Capcom Pro Tour to show respect towards the competitive scene.

So when we’re looking at rebalancing things, that’s our season that we’re going to build around. The beginning of spring is where we would make any kind of drastic changes, to kind of work things out for the season. We’ll make sure to not do any significant balance adjustments before a huge event like an EVO or a Capcom Cup.

You better not win any tournaments with your favorite character!

Tripon

Is this the EGL that hosted that weird Dallas event a couple months back with the big MKX pot bonus? (Not Absolute Battle)
Looking into it, no. They are unrelated. The EGL in Texas stands for Epic Gaming Lounge. The EGLx in Canada stands for Enthusiast Gaming live eXpo.

My friend won MKX and is owed thousands that he will likely never get. This plus VXG adds up to like 10k that's owed to my circle of friends for MK tournaments that have fucked us over.

Tripon

Damn, so I did mix them up. It was the EGL in Texas that isn't paying out people and shutting down. The EGLx in Canada just moved their sorry convention to another date.

Damn, so I did mix them up. It was the EGL in Texas that isn't paying out people and shutting down. The EGLx in Canada just moved their sorry convention to another date.

oh, so Ally ducking Super Smash Con for some easy money backfired? haha

also lol at SoCal Regionals registration numbers

notworksafe

a wifi ban makes sense. sure there's some good wifi but there's a lot more bad wifi. there's bad wired too but not as much.

plus psn is terrible as is, why give it more of a chance to fail you?

Coda

I always try to go wired but where I'm living currently the way the router is set up I can't have a wire going through the entire house to my PS4. It's unfortunate but hopefully the next spot I live that can be resolved. Either way my Wi-Fi is pretty solid when I was playing the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom