• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't much believe in that whole 'Tekken is hard' thing. TTT2 was the first one i played with a competitive mindset. Was easier to learn for me personally than SF4 or most anime games. Also, anecdotal, but it's been easier to find matches at my level in Tekken than in even SF4. Seems to have a good playerbase over here at least.

I do wish there was more new in T7. Someone like Lili seems to have 98% the same moveset. Why? Change it up some more. If Capcom can give someone as simple and iconic as Ryu some new stuff to play with, Namco should be able to do the same.

I guess if they're not gonna change anything anyway i'd rather have them put more new characters in. Even over my old mains.

Numb

Should I learn TTT2?

Alot more than you think carries over. Especially if you want to play the same guys in T7.
I don't much believe in that whole 'Tekken is hard' thing. TTT2 was the first one i played with a competitive mindset. Was easier to learn for me personally than SF4 or most anime games. Also, anecdotal, but it's been easier to find matches at my level in Tekken than in even SF4. Seems to have a good playerbase over here at least.

I do wish there was more new in T7. Someone like Lili seems to have 98% the same moveset. Why? Change it up some more. If Capcom can give someone as simple and iconic as Ryu some new stuff to play with, Namco should be able to do the same.

I guess if they're not gonna change anything anyway i'd rather have them put more new characters in. Even over my old mains.
Hard to completely new guys. Excecutio is not the hard prt either since it's piss eas but al the stuf you need to know about characters especially when there is like abilion of them with a alot of moves each.

Much easier to give someone like Ryu new stuff since he doesn't have nearly as many moves so every change is big. Adding the same amount of moves to Tekken guys seems little in comparison.

I finally got a chance to play BBCSE again now that I have it on steam and boy does it take me back. Even the lowest settings get lag spikes during supers for a bit, but it's still playable otherwise. I wonder what the online scene looks like.

Depends. Do you have a business partner?

Just the sound design guy (who has a degree in astro-physics. wat.) and the rigger (who programs all day) play. We have smash people here but they just do smash stuff. Everyone else Dota's or Hearthstones or Magic.

Alot more than you think carries over. Especially if you want to play the same guys in T7.

My issue is knowing when its my turn in the 3d fighters or when its my advantage to attack. I have been hit by so many wake low kicks. Also, spacing. I dunno, always thought about getting into it but so rarely do we have time to play games now.

Numb

My issue is knowing when its my turn in the 3d fighters or when its my advantage to attack. I have been hit by so many wake low kicks. Also, spacing. I dunno, always thought about getting into it but so rarely do we have time to play games now.

I got the issue of not knowing when it is my turn in other fighters too. It got frames and all that stuff you used so it's just about knowing what your moves are on plus or block and their range.One way to really piss off people is usingyour fastest punish(10f) anytime they do anything slightly unsafe. Most people try to go for a a mix up into a launcher to free unburstable damagae in the air so just be wary of that. The launchers are usually really unsafe and coul lead into your own launcher to full combo. In Tekken doing get up kicks is a really bad i dea and you should really be expecting them to take advantage. People who realize this will start using all the other available getup options. They could only do a low or mid kick most of the time and those are a bad idea if expected.
Movement is beyond me.

Learn your punishers(10-12-14f) most of the time. If they do somthing stupid and your jab punish hits then that is a great time to start on your offense. Your turn then.
Launchers and some frame traps and you are good to go. Everything is so easy to input it is crazy.
Movement you gotta really practice tho.

Tekken on PC plz
and 15 bucks, cuz Tekken ain't worth more than that right now.

Speaking of Tekken. I was at the Seattle Round One last weekend and I didn't see Tekken 7. They had tag 2. I don't really follow Tekken anymore but I thought we were suppose to have it here?

Speaking of Tekken. I was at the Seattle Round One last weekend and I didn't see Tekken 7. They had tag 2. I don't really follow Tekken anymore but I thought we were suppose to have it here?

Last weekend apparently all the US cabs got hauled off to have the west coast king of iron fist qualifiers. <.<

So Daigo and Tokido aren't going to SCR?

AU4f4Pi.png

I wonder if they're just tired from traveling or they just want to focus on Topanga League. If the latter, then there's a good possibility that they don't go to Italy either.

Ricki and Justin are also not going to SCR (https://www.tcegcon2015.com/gaming-events.html). It looks like Ricki's only hope for Capcom Cup is to get 2nd or 1st at either Defend the North or Costa Rica. Maybe she can get in as the 32nd seed with a 3rd place finish at those tournaments if whoever finishes 2nd at Brazil doesn't have any points with no plans to go to another tournament or if nobody outside the top 32 doesn't get the qualify from Japan's 2nd premier event.

SCR currently will have Momochi, Bonchan, Kazunoko, Reiketsu, Xiaohai, Dakou, and Mago as the international reps.

Dahbomb

LMAO @ SBK's pool at SCR!!!!

Clockwork, SBK, Paradigm, Snaketits, Wolfstreet plus both of SBK's roommates in there.

LOL both ChrisG and Justin going to the Canada event instead! $2000 pot bonus for every game.

MrDaravon

Scar is the guest on CPT tonight, most excellent.

LMAO @ SBK's pool at SCR!!!!

Clockwork, SBK, Paradigm, Snaketits, Wolfstreet plus both of SBK's roommates in there.

LOL both ChrisG and Justin going to the Canada event instead! $2000 pot bonus for every game.

SCR is a total mess this year, the venue/delay as well as splitting up the event really hurt it. I totally forgot it was happening until I saw Valle tweet out the prelim reg/brackets.

Also that TCEG website looks straight out of the 90s, goddamn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom