• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krackatoa

Since we're talking about FGC majors being blown up, EGLX, the Canadian major in Nov that was supposed to have a $40,000 total prize pot for games such as Ultra, Melee, Smash 4, etc. They have since decided that instead of November, they will be moving the tournament to April 2016 because of the 'increased demand' of the tournament and participates.

Also, Verizon dropped their ass as a sponsor so now they can't pay their pot bonuses. What a fucking scummy organization.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/3nm992/remember_our_40k_esports_tourney_yeah_we_arent/

https://www.facebook.com/events/440203436168291/

So again, LOL.

That's not the same EGL. That EGL is pretty legit (They hosted Toryuken 4), and I don't believe they had any payout issues. Why they moved the date of their next event, we can only guess. It was going to effectively be CECC3, since Russel was working with them, but I can only assume that's up in the air now. I hope he goes back to booking the Marriott down the street from the Popeye's chicken. That venue was awesome.

For the short term, I think it means more entrants for Canada Cup. O:

c57f5e72a3.png

Aw yiss.

Tripon

That's not the same EGL. That EGL is pretty legit (They hosted Toryuken 4), and I don't believe they had any payout issues. Why they moved the date of their next event, we can only guess. It was going to effectively be CECC3, since Russel was working with them, but I can only assume that's up in the air now. I hope he goes back to booking the Marriott down the street from the Popeye's chicken. That venue was awesome.

For the short term, I think it means more entrants for Canada Cup. O:

c57f5e72a3.png

Aw yiss.
Yeah, I noticed my mistake and corrected in a later post. Thanks for the info on EGLx

ShinMaruku

I'm glad we are all on the US has a snow balls chance in hell. So when I hear "USA" USA" I will just remember the buff called freedom.

Essay

I guess 3S player MOV just registered for vf at Canada cup

aak and essay you register yet?

I did months ago (Xrd and VF). Still on the fence about whether I should register for KOFXIII though. What I really want to enter is a 2K2UM tourney!

Numb

Late in the year then i guess? To 'give Capcom space'? =/

I hope the console version has some cool new stuff. But i'll play regardless. Of course.

No chance it was gonna come out during the first half.
Need Mokujin. Useless but i like him. Jinpachi too.
that's the problem. i'll bitch and moan and complain and then buy it anyway cause i enjoy playing tekken.
Well they give you all the time you need to do that while other are enjoying it somewhere else.
Knowing the game before it even comes out is not cool.

I could do with some Jun, Zafina or Kunimitsu but i doubt it'll happen.

1v1 Tekken with new chara's like Katarina and Kazumi already means i'm sold anyway. Doubt i'll be able to convince my friends away from SF5 next year though..

Numb

Zaf maaaaybe. The other 2 tho....
SFV has too many characters i actually like to ignore but will be playing both as much as i can.

shaowebb

Japanese Player goes to Evo= something like this.

Went looking for squash matches and by God Rousey is nothing but squash matches lol! God when she broke that dude's ribs who said she wasn't as strong as a man lol

BadWolf

KoFXIV better not come out in 2016, it looked like they need to reboot the whole project. Nothing they showed should make it into the game.

I'm waiting for actual match footage and system mechanics info before passing judgment but yeah, looks pretty bad so far.

Horseress

Late in the year then i guess? To 'give Capcom space'? =/

I hope the console version has some cool new stuff. But i'll play regardless. Of course.

TTT2 console version had a bunch of cool stuff. Still, people didn't played it, because it was so freaking hard for beginners

T7 is considerably easier, so maybe it will be different this time
not holding my breath on that tho ;_;

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
TTT2 console version had a bunch of cool stuff. Still, people didn't played it, because it was so freaking hard for beginners

T7 is considerably easier, so maybe it will be different this time
not holding my breath on that tho ;_;
Nah breh. It's still Tekken at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom