• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demoskinos

Don't know if this is old but damn. Just came across this.
VaDz2XW.jpg

Rhapsody

Banned
LMAO @ SBK's pool at SCR!!!!

Clockwork, SBK, Paradigm, Snaketits, Wolfstreet plus both of SBK's roommates in there.

LOL both ChrisG and Justin going to the Canada event instead! $2000 pot bonus for every game.

They just put the list of players without sorting them yet. These aren't the pools lol

But DaiGOAT is the best SF4 player of all time.

It's either between him and Infiltration. I feel like Daigo was the most consistent in terms of top 5 in any given year, probably top 3 in any given year. Infiltration hit his stride in 2012 and can play every character now. Momochi was really strong in Vanilla, but then wasn't considered top 5 until Ultra where he's now the best. However, look at Fuudo. He was very successful in AE with EVO, Gods Garden, and a Topanga League win in AE2012 along with an SBO win. Same with Sako who is 2nd to Daigo (practically equals) in long sets, but he just didn't enter many tournaments as others.

It's all very debatable.

Tripon

So a group of people who helped made Project M have decided to go independent and try to make an indie Smash/Platform fighter. This is what they have:

We're an eSports-focused game studio dedicated to making the next wave of competitive games.

To do that, we need your help. We're reaching out to community members, modders, pro players and streamers alike as we enter pre-production for our first title. This will be the most community-supported eSports title ever, built on a direct line between developers and players.

Follow us at @wewavedash and sign up below to join the movement.

http://www.wavedash.com/

Not that I want to say I'm skeptical. But I'm fucking skeptical. They don't even have a proof of concept. They're trying to crowd source talent, and at best they have a vague plan to create the next 'eSports focused-competitive game.'

Kumubou

Not that I want to say I'm skeptical. But I'm fucking skeptical. They don't even have a proof of concept. They're trying to crowd source talent, and at best they have a vague plan to create the next 'eSports focused-competitive game.'
I think it's an extremely sketchy prospect for a small, unknown team to work on a competetive multiplayer game of any kind, as the community surrounding it is way too important and they are going to have huge issues getting any kind of penetration in the market. At least with a single player project, there's the change that people can come around to it over time and it can build up a long tail, but that doesn't work with a community-based game when the community doesn't exist. The Project M team has some talented developers involved, but let's be real: would anyone have cared about that project if it was Generic Mascot Opponent-Based Action Game X? Regardless of their output, their issue is going to be getting people's attention in the first place.

Rhapsody

Banned
Ultradavid saying SFV Zangief's model looks really great out of the cast. Especially compared to SFIV where he looked like a rock.

I couldn't agree more. Got really annoyed when people said his model looked similar quality to SFIV's.
You could definitely tell SFIV GIef was one of the earlier models lol

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
So a group of people who helped made Project M have decided to go independent and try to make an indie Smash/Platform fighter. This is what they have:

http://www.wavedash.com/

They need to build their portfolio before the even attempt to tackle any competitive multiplayer game. An "eSports focused-competitive game" is too big for a new dev of their size.
I think it's an extremely sketchy prospect for a small, unknown team to work on a competetive multiplayer game of any kind, as the community surrounding it is way too important and they are going to have huge issues getting any kind of penetration in the market. At least with a single player project, there's the change that people can come around to it over time and it can build up a long tail, but that doesn't work with a community-based game when the community doesn't exist. The Project M team has some talented developers involved, but let's be real: would anyone have cared about that project if it was Generic Mascot Opponent-Based Action Game X? Regardless of their output, their issue is going to be getting people's attention in the first place.

If they're really going to go for broke the best they can hope for is the game to start out with a small but dedicated playerbase like Skullgirls.

Play the SFV beta for at least two days and get the Horror costume set for USFIV PS4

Also the beta is from 22nd to 25th. The first two days is ps4 only while the cross play starts on the 24th. Looks like capcom fighters network could be a part of that too (replay and ranks). Necalli, Mika, Karin, Ken, Claw, Rashid will be playable.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Also the beta is from 22nd to 25th. The first two days is ps4 only while the cross play starts on the 24th. Looks like capcom fighters network could be a part of that too (replay and ranks). Necalli, Mika, Karin, Ken, Claw, Rashid will be playable.

Damn now Im super excited for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom