• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to fire whoever is in charge of SFV music. That shit might be decent, but it doesn't stand out. Listen to this character select theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDvepzNWCJc

Am I crazy for thinking this?
FD3QWdm.png

.la1n

Yeah SF music has been a disappointment, last memorable tunes were from third strike. IV was forgettable.

FACE

Banned
Also the beta is from 22nd to 25th. The first two days is ps4 only while the cross play starts on the 24th. Looks like capcom fighters network could be a part of that too (replay and ranks). Necalli, Mika, Karin, Ken, Claw, Rashid will be playable.

This is some bullshit.

Grakl

SFIV's music was pretty damn good imo

SFV's music seems like ass so far though, which sucks because music is important in fighting games

SF4's soundtrack improves little by little with each passing year. The character select themes are particularly underrated imo. It may not be 3S tier, Smash tier or Guilty Gear tier, but it's not bad music at all. I'll just say one thing. Capcom really has to go back to a place where they're using less electronic sounds.

SamVimes

I always turn off bgm in fighting games after a couple of hours of play in favor of my own music so i don't really care about the soundtrack.

07_usf4cos01.jpg

I have no idea which character this is lol

I'm thinking it's either Seth or T. Hawk

Edit: Can't be Seth because of no ying/yang ball thing in his stomach.

I love what all the ASW games do with music. Blazblue's melodic symphonic rock, guilty gear's heavy metal, and persona's jpop rock (which is of course not from ASW I know).

Also the beta is from 22nd to 25th. The first two days is ps4 only while the cross play starts on the 24th. Looks like capcom fighters network could be a part of that too (replay and ranks). Necalli, Mika, Karin, Ken, Claw, Rashid will be playable.
Little disappointed Zangief won't make the cut from the sounds of it, but given their usual tendencies this is honestly more than I expected Capcpom to add with the next beta update. At least three characters I want to try out in that batch.

Kind of proving his point about the soundtrack being forgettable, barring like two exceptions.

Poison's corny theme is fun though, and Hakan's would've been fine if they went forward with the reveal trailer mix.

Tik-Tok

I listened to all of these and damn, sf4 soundtrack is either forgettable or straight up ass. That Poison theme holy shit.. I really like that Vegas looking stage's theme though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtEb_izqagE&app=desktop

So you don't like house music I guess? Cause thats a pretty good example of a good house track. It's jazzy and has horns and some really nice side chain compression.

I've somehow never even heard this song. It's really good.

Also where are those pics of halloween costumes? I just saw the 4 or 5 that are everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom