• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perro

I don' get this safe stuff, all the whacky characters like Oro, Sodom, Birdie, Necro and Mika are bottom of the barrell for a lot of fans. All the loved character from Alpha and 3S are super safe.
Grapplers are gross, Zen better be on that O.Sagat shit.

Create assets that work for the game and promotion or create one offs for promotion. You have to think small studio work. You don't want concept art out there representing your final product either since a lot of people would be attached to an earlier idea vs a finished product.
A lot of time you get concept art & image search collage art & moody colorful impressionist paintings when creating assets for in the game thats meant to inspire the 3d artists and lighting peeps, not meant to consumer consumption.

jerry1594

I don' get this safe stuff, all the whacky characters like Oro, Sodom, Birdie, Necro and Mika are bottom of the barrell for a lot of fans. All the loved character from Alpha and 3S are super safe.
Grapplers are gross, Zen better be on that O.Sagat shit.
Weird and not boring aren't the same thing.

Coda

Laura is Blanka and Orchid's son.

Guard_Butz_Thumbs_Up_1.gif

Touché

Marz

Bedman and Ramlethal are fucking horrible. I can't even stand playing against them.

Pots redesign is pretty shitty as well.

But Zato, Millia, Slayer, Venom, Sol, Ky, Leo, and Faust are all fantastic.

Tripon

Finally saw the trailer. Reminds me a lot of Ramon from King of Fighters.

I hated Ramon though. I don't hate Laura.

CurlyW

So remember 2012-13 when MLG was running fighting games, but every MLG event was held on the same weekend as an FGC event?

Beyond The Summit just announced The Smash Summit, which is basically an invitational version of their The Summit LAN events but with Melee instead of Dota 2. It's the same weekend as Atlanta's Tipped Off event.

i havent played a fighting game in like 2 weeks...stupid backlog, that and being so annoyed at the TE2 i bought

bleh, ill hear noel calling my name soon enough Im sure

Anne

So, just a heads up, a guy claiming to be the Community Manager for FK Digital (Chaos Code publisher) for the last couple years was outed by FKD today as having no position or affiliation with the developer. I don't want to name this guy, but some of the things said through him about the development of the game may or may not be true. If you're interested in Chaos Code for whatever reason, just be aware that some things may not actually be true and that guy doesn't represent them in any way (he apparently did a lot of harm).

Anyways, just a heads up and a cautionary tale. I don't wanna name the guy or go to in because he's clearly mentally unwell, and the anime community is dog piling and honestly making things worse. Just a heads up in case you do see it or care about CC. I can't stress enough the mob mentality is really bad and I don't wanna encourage that, but I want it to be clear there is no affiliation with FKD and this really out there dude. I like Chaos Code a bit and they deserve better than that.

Edit: I'm not affiliated with anybody, just going by what was said.

So, just a heads up, a guy claiming to be the Community Manager for FK Digital (Chaos Code publisher) for the last couple years was outed by FKD today as having no position or affiliation with the developer. I don't want to name this guy, but some of the things said through him about the development of the game may or may not be true. If you're interested in Chaos Code for whatever reason, just be aware that some things may not actually be true and that guy doesn't represent them in any way (he apparently did a lot of harm).

Anyways, just a heads up and a cautionary tale. I don't wanna name the guy or go to in because he's clearly mentally unwell, and the anime community is dog piling and honestly making things worse. Just a heads up in case you do see it or care about CC. I can't stress enough the mob mentality is really bad and I don't wanna encourage that, but I want it to be clear there is no affiliation with FKD and this really out there dude. I like Chaos Code a bit and they deserve better than that.

i saw the pic

So remember 2012-13 when MLG was running fighting games, but every MLG event was held on the same weekend as an FGC event?

Beyond The Summit just announced The Smash Summit, which is basically an invitational version of their The Summit LAN events but with Melee instead of Dota 2. It's the same weekend as Atlanta's Tipped Off event.

It's unfortunate, but there are so many tournaments it's extremely difficult to not have 2 events on the same weekend.

Dahbomb

My head is up.

Rhapsody

Banned

Yeah, I saw this entire thing on twitter. Now Bell posted his convo that he had with the guy.
Honestly the pdf statement from FKD was the nail in the coffin, but at the same time, it does sound believable for a company to take this route to not piss off ASW and make him take the fall.

Whatever the truth is, it doesn't matter to me since I'm not affected. He could've been impersonating, or this could be some MGS3 taking the fall plot.

ShinMaruku

Sometimes I wonder how some of you just tolerate ASW. I dropped Blizzard like a bad habit when they went full bellend and Riot is a cult. ASW just don't give a fuck about the west.
Namco too. They gonna kill Tekken 7 in the cradle.

jbug617

Banned
Apparently JDCR was going to go to the NY Qualifier for Tekken 7 but it's US only.

He was going hard with Chaos Code.

I think in that time designers and artists had a lot of creative freedom and a big budget at their disposal. That didn't work out very well financially and now Capcom can't afford to lose money so they are going with focus testing.
They also had a dying traditional marketplace, so who knows how things would have turned out if arcades were healthy around that time.

jerry1594

They also had a dying traditional marketplace, so who knows how things would have turned out if arcades were healthy around that time.
Pretty much every Capcom and I'm willing to bet some SNK games did better than 3s on Dreamcast. Even Jojo's, though I don't know how big that was at the time

petghost

Banned
I think xrd might be the worst gg game outside of the orignial although I never touched x or xx and those seem like they could compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom