• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
a lot of people work very hard and understand advanced concepts in FG but can't pull together a good feel for risk/reward or adjust against an opponent. That isn't a skill that is as easy as more training.

Sooo, things that Xrd can do to improve lobbies. Actually let a single player do something in the lobby. Let you change lobby settings without shutting the whole thing down, with I guess the exception of the max player capacity or the like.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
12122462_1642166792721186_1510927176163700372_n.jpg

even i think this is a weird lineup lol

for what it's worth there IS a socal vf scene, don't think it's that big tho

Crocodile

Random SFV Thoughts:

Laura's English voice is so unfitting :/

They commissioned a statue of her? Man Ono was going all in on this reveal O_O

qupOc

I don't think that's Alex in the NYC stage (which I think looks cool) but even if it is, there's always DLC for his biggest fans.

So Capcom themselves is calling Laura a grappler? Interesting as that seemed to be the opposite feeling I got from most of GAF (even if she clearly had something of a throw game).Grapple Fighter V, let's go :p

Next beta is in two weeks right? Should be a lot of interesting insight offered from it :)

even i think this is a weird lineup lol

for what it's worth there IS a socal vf scene, don't think it's that big tho

I can kind of get DOA and VF being paired together but Smash seems random as well. As long as there are people who want to play those there though it matter not. Serve your audience :)

Sidenote - *shill mode activate*

If any y'all are fans of games like Super Metroid and/or Valkyrie Profile, I think you should check Lab Zero's CF campaign for the Action - RPG, Indivisible. It looks & plays awesome to me and I want to see this get funded (especially since they are doing so many things right by gamers).

*shill mode deactivate*

Talent only really matters in physical activities like sports. If you want to play in the NBA, being tall is a helpful talent to have.

I don't think that's true. If you take 30 people and they all dedicate the same amount of time into something, there will be someone that is the best at that something. Just look at Ronaldo and Messi. Ronaldo is faster, stronger, taller, etc... but Messi is the better player. Ronaldo is known for how hard he works, and Messi certainly works hard too, but Messi has better technical ability and is able to influence the game more than Ronaldo. Then there are players as small as Messi who can dribble as well, but Messi has them beat in other areas. That's from a sports perspective, but I also believe my first sentence applies to most things.

Like I said, I believe talent is a factor, but most of the time effort matters more.

Talent only really matters in physical activities like sports. If you want to play in the NBA, being tall is a helpful talent to have.

i've always felt that way, but there's also science to support it
I haven't read anything that says talent only maters in physical activities... Take example RTS's having a larger short term memory capacity would allow you to juggle more tactics in your brain and choose the right one.

Apoc87

Banned
Can someone please link me to an old mvc2 tourney vid where the japanese announcer starts screaming "yipes! Yipes!" Very loudly and excitedly after yipes wins? I want to see it again cuz it was funny af but I cant find it

ggs. internet was being whack sometimes, but it seemed alright afterwards. rip my elphelt is ass, but yea im down to play more count just hit me up on bnet whenever

If you take 30 people and they all dedicate the same amount of time into something, there will be someone that is the best at that something.

i don't see how this is related but ok, why is this the case? because some are more talented?

I haven't read anything that says talent only maters in physical activities... Take example RTS's having a larger short term memory capacity would allow you to juggle more tactics in your brain and choose the right one.

What have you read?

Being tall is a talent? Wtf

it certainly isn't a skill

ShinMaruku

Talent is always a factor but it's more the people with the competietive mindset that really sets you apart. Just like Goku and Vegeta.

If I get SF5 it looks like Necali might be the go to character for me since he is the only one with a cool transformation (SSJ Lu Bu). Unless the usual "pre-release this character looks cool but in practice I don't like them after some play" stuff doesn't occur.

maybe not?

Here's one article that talks about some people having a more natural aptitude to pickup games faster. Aka infiltration kappa.
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2012-10/uoia-bwr102412.php

"You can get people to increase their alpha brain waves by giving them some positive feedback,"

sounds like this is a skill, and not a talent

if anyone's really interested, i suggest looking into k anders ericsson's work

Aren't japanese players traveling to brazil? I heard that pepeday and hitanti were going.

They're the only ones I know of. Neither has exactly been red hot this year and even if they were #1 and #2 in the world right now it would still be a weak field compared to other premier events.

Wow legit no one plays third strike online, its been like an hour and ive met 2 people playing. Doesnt help i suck and got blown up by an alex while i was playing alex

They're the only ones I know of. Neither has exactly been red hot this year and even if they were #1 and #2 in the world right now it would still be a weak field compared to other premier events.

I think Pepeday is legit one of the best players, but Haitani hasn't been impressive. Pepeday proved it in the B League.

Not a difficult premier though like you said.

XD

FGC needs one of those Honest Trailers. Where people are told that they ain't shit, that they ain't ever gonna be shit and that this money is for other people and definitely NOT them.

It really does.

Some people learn quick as hell

Infiltration took what, a year or a year and a half from picking the game up to EVO top8?

Talent isn't a thing as far as fighting games, or most things, honestly, are concerned.

Tell that to the guy who became a master-ranked Chess player in ~800 hours, and to the one who took 16 000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom