• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
No computer sadly
It's a shame because 3S fightcade during the day averages like 120+ players. Even the nights are at least 70 players. Seeing that makes me sad about VSav. Even at it's height the peak was like 60 which I thought was amazing until I see KOF 2002, 98 and 3S numbers. I also like how I still haven't fought a single Chunner in an entire week jam packed with matches. The game is really different at middle levels and down.
Wow legit no one plays third strike online, its been like an hour and ive met 2 people playing. Doesnt help i suck and got blown up by an alex while i was playing alex
I get mirror matches, but only when the opponent is sick of my shitty Alex and starts trolling me instead of stick with their own characters. ;_;

petran79

Banned
It's a shame because 3S fightcade during the day averages like 120+ players. Even the nights are at least 70 players. Seeing that makes me sad about VSav. Even at it's height the peak was like 60 which I thought was amazing until I see KOF 2002, 98 and 3S numbers. I also like how I still haven't fought a single Chunner in an entire week jam packed with matches. The game is really different at middle levels and down.

I get mirror matches, but only when the opponent is sick of my shitty Alex and starts trolling me instead of stick with their own characters. ;_;

Yesterday's highlight on Fightcade was a Windjammers tournament with 20 players in the room. Such high level play and the final rivaled the best 3S and KOF matches in views.
I couldnt keep up with those players for more than 2 seconds!

I saw that on twitter. They only posted the replay ID, not a youtube update so I haven't watched it yet. lol

Watching replays is as easy as watching tube vids though. Fightcade is overall amazing for stream monstering too. At least if you are not a Honda player in the ST room - all those fireball characters will leave you scarred for life.

jerry1594

Yeah I saw this on my phone earlier today is why lol. If there was some kind of modified fba that worked as a mobile client for replays that would be cool.

Tripon

Video games is a global business, while pachicko is Japan only. Wouldn't be surprised though if SNK moves jnto making gambling slot machines like Konami and Azure have.

The new Chinese owners want to turn KOF into Marvel. They bought SNK for the brands and their ridiculous stable of characters and want to make videogames, comics, movies, etc.

Kumubou

I also wonder if the move out of the pachinko business has anything to do with the pending legalization of gambling in Japan. If that happens in any real capacity, the current pachinko parlors are completely screwed.

The new Chinese owners want to turn KOF into Marvel. They bought SNK for the brands and their ridiculous stable of characters and want to make videogames, comics, movies, etc.
That would be one of the more unexpected twists in recent memory if they actually pull it off. The series is popular in China and Latin America, but I don't know if it could be that popular (then again, I would have said the same about Marvel 15 years ago).

Horseress

Yeah hoping things go well, SNK has a crazy number of great characters and IPs. Their biggest problem was that they just didn't have the money to be able to do anything with them.

So depressing to see all those popular IP's get or forgotten or going full mobile/pachinko.

Based china company I'm counting on you

I don't get the big deal about pachinko and why there needs to be a thread about them on GAF; hardly anyone on this forum 'plays' them or should even give a fuck about them.
Hell I tried the pachinko in Yakuza game and don't get why anyone, aside from actual Japanese people, would find it remotely entertaining.

It's a big deal because SNK went so hard into pachinko-slots to the point where it made them drop this line:

"We'd like to work hard to make video game fans into Pachinko Slot fans"

I mean, c'mon man

I can't speak for most of those, but you are one dirty bastard for playing with ST Vega.

I have a newfound understanding of just how true this statement is. ST Claw is unbelieveably dirty.

Archive trawling reminded me of another gem:

For games you play, if you were banned from playing the characters you play, who would you play instead? (Please list what you're switching from, it's the point of the question)

ST: Claw => Ryu, Sim

KOF 2002UM: K'/Kasumi/Nameless => Iori/O.Chris/King

KOF13: EX Iori / Karate / Kim / Benimaru => King / Saiki / Yuri or King / Saiki / Claw

GGXrd: Sol => Elphelt, Zato or Ky. I'd maybe go back to Faust if someone gave me defense skills.

3S: Chun-li => Ryu, Akuma
UNIEL: Gordeau => Hilda, Eltnum

Melee: Fox => Marth/Sheik (aka "I don't want RSI")
VSav: Zabel => Lilith

For games you play, if you were banned from playing the characters you play, who would you play instead? (Please list what you're switching from, it's the point of the question)

BlazBlue Noel => Mu-12 (I have to still be Noel somehow)
Persona 4 Ultimax Marie => Margaret (I think, idk, only Marie ever clicked with me)
DOA5LR Kasumi => Helena, Ayane, or Marie Rose
Guilty Gear Xrd Elphelt => Ramlethal (But give me Dizzy, seriously)

Even GB has abandoned this thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1122310
TveuQAm.jpg

Tizoc

Someone refresh my memory:
The best ver. of CPS1 Street Fighter II is the 3rd game right? As that one balanced out Dictator and co.

Then there's Rainbow Edition, but was there only ever 1 version of it?

It's a big deal because SNK went so hard into pachinko-slots to the point where it made them drop this line:

"We'd like to work hard to make video game fans into Pachinko Slot fans"

I mean, c'mon man

I have a tendency to not take everything a game dev or pub says seriously, so that just makes me chuckle more than rage or take it into consideration :p

Archive trawling reminded me of another gem:

Wow, good question.

Soul Calibur 5: Tira & Astaroth => Aeon or Raphael. I mained Raph in Soul Calibur 2, and I've always been a fan of Lizardman. Aeon also has good throws, so he'd probably be my first choice.

Dead or Alive 5 LR: Leon => Bass and maybe Pai. I don't play Bass mainly because I like Leon's mix of a brawler/grappler while Bass is a pure grappler. So, without Leon I'd go to Bass. Pai is also a character I wouldn't mind learning how to play.

Virtua Fighter 5 FS: Taka-Arashi => Uh....Goh or Pai. I honestly don't know how to play any other character as effectively as I do Taka in VF.

Guilty Gear XRD: Potemkin => May. To me, May is the second most effective grappler in Xrd outside of maybe Sol, but I don't like playing as Sol.

Mortal Kombat X: Kotal Khan & Tremor => Ferra/Torr. I initially mained Ferra/Torr when MKX dropped, but I stopped playing Ferra/Torr when the other characters I played got much better, and F/T didn't get a lot of improvements. I would consider F/T to still be weak, but they would be my go to if my mains were banned.

Killer Instinct: Thunder & Aganos => Hisako or Kan-Ra. I like characters who have command throws and BIG FAT normals. Hisako falls into this category. Kan-Ra I also like but he's hard to play.

pixelish

who is the lead designer/director for the kof series? it seems like the franchise is quite impersonal in that other fg franchises have someone who would rep them like ono for sf and harada for tekken.

El Sloth

Banned
I also wonder if the move out of the pachinko business has anything to do with the pending legalization of gambling in Japan. If that happens in any real capacity, the current pachinko parlors are completely screwed.
I hadn't heard about this. Any word on whether this might have an effect on the ability of events to offer cash prizes?

who is the lead designer/director for the kof series? it seems like the franchise is quite impersonal in that other fg franchises have someone who would rep them like ono for sf and harada for tekken.

What it has going for it is a consistent game system though.

petran79

Banned

Those three were certainly involved before they developed Yatagarasu

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/yatagarasu/yatagarasu.htm

The graphics are created by Kotani:Tomoyuki, who used to be a sprite artist from KoF '99 to KoF 2001 under his pseudonym Styleos (more recently, he has done illustrations for a number of Cave shoot-em-ups). Game designer Ume-zono is mostly known as a high level tournament player of Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, but he also has some King of Fighters credits under his belt, as he has worked as a "planner" on the 2002 iteration.
(programmer Shiza completes the PDW/Hotapen trio).

Numb

Nah man the guy behind Marvel 3 taught platinum how to fly man. Also it would just be Capcom stuff. What does Platinum own? They don't own Bayonetta.

Never gonna happen.
Seeing Platinum game characters would be cool.
What is even the most likely Vs game Capcom could make with another company. SNK,Sega and Namco would be cool. They got that Project X Zone thingy so it ain't like they hate each other.
I always thought this pic was a joke lol
mindblown
I hope something similar happens with KOF14.
wtf

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
And the character speculation train keeps on chugging along. It would be pretty funny if certain fake characters were leaked to particular individuals in order to determine who the sources of leaks were.

That would be some real Tyrion Lannister shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom