• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCobalt

and that virtually confirms alex is in the game, right?

i can't see capcom only putting alex in the game as a stage background character unless they enjoy receiving a strong backlash from the fans.

Sodom and Haggar made cameos in the background for sfxt/usf4 too. I'm sure Alex would be in the game but the question is if he's in the initial roster or dlc.

pixelish

Sodom and Haggar made cameos in the background for sfxt/usf4 too. I'm sure Alex would be in the game but the question is if he's in the initial roster or dlc.

haggar's cameo came late into the series so there wasn't much interest in having the character be playable in sf4 anyway.

and idk how much interest there was for hugo to be part of the initial sf4 lineup (11er here) but i certainly doubt the speculation discussion for hugo in ssf4 was as vocal as what's happening now with all the alex talk.

Tripon

Hugo didn't make it into SFIV because of player interest. He made it in because his model was easily transferable from SFxT.

Hugo didn't make it into SFIV because of player interest. He made it in because his model was easily transferable from SFxT.

And he was brought back in xT because that game pushed the idea of duos that fight, and the Poison/Hugo duo is an easily digestible concept. You don't even need to know street fighter to get it, which is why they went out of their way to even make poison a playable character and made an entire trailer about them.

It's different than appealing the few people in the world obsessed with the lore of SFIII and its forgotten protagonist.

Went 0-2 in Xrd. Only played Ky once and played miserably so I switched and stayed as Potemkin for the rest of it (and did better lol). Both sets went to last game last round. Life stuff is taking priority, so I haven't had real time to sit down and shake off the rust.

Like I've said before, I mostly entered to help attendance, support, and meet people. Next tourney, hopefully I'll be less busy so I can enter with the mindset on winning.

damn if you're going 0-2 then I'm gonna go 0-20 in a double elim tournament shit
anyway, on the next instalment of XRD is kinda dumb
I'm at my negus' house playing games. I was playing USF4 for a good hour or two and said you know what.. fuck it, throw on that XRD b
kttcoliyoungsabo

Dude picks Faust
kttcoliohhh

It's going back and forth
Faust has a dumb fuckin hitbox btw

Faust uses that super where he shoves his fingers into the opponents ass
I know anime right?
and you gotta play that game where you gotta pick the cup that has the angel.

First time, okay I didn't understand what was happening.

2nd time, I missed again but I understood it.
3rd time, I got the angel and look at my friend like
kttcoliyoungsabo

angel turns back into a reaper
friend give me the
Pd4G1dj.gif

okay
4th time
don't ask how I got hit by this shit so many times
, I get the angel AGAIN. I look at the screen
kttcolilupe

turns into a reaper again
kttcoliwhat

tf is the point of playing the game if it's gonna be an L anyway? Do you even benefit from getting the angel?
anyway, I FADC'd that shit into a USF4
kttcolitakedat

tl;dr
vasXdnI.gif

Tripon

damn if you're going 0-2 then I'm gonna go 0-20 in a double elim tournament shit
I'm at my negus' house playing games. I was playing USF4 for a good hour or two and said you know what.. fuck it, throw on that XRD b
kttcoliyoungsabo

Dude picks Faust
kttcoliohhh

I know anime right?

kttcoliyoungsabo

friend give me the
Pd4G1dj.gif

okay
4th time
kttcolilupe

kttcoliwhat

tf is the point of playing the game if it's gonna be an L anyway? Do you even benefit from getting the angel?
kttcolitakedat

tl;dr
vasXdnI.gif
I thought Shouta said less emojis.

Marz

kttcoliyoungsabo

Dude picks Faust
kttcoliohhh

I know anime right?

kttcoliyoungsabo

friend give me the
Pd4G1dj.gif

okay
4th time
kttcolilupe

kttcoliwhat

kttcolitakedat

tl;dr
vasXdnI.gif

Lol this post has me dying

Exr

All the 09ers exposing themselves. Third strike players from japan had way more shark infested waters. Get this Zero shit outta here lol

kttcoliyoungsabo

Dude picks Faust
kttcoliohhh

I know anime right?

kttcoliyoungsabo

friend give me the
Pd4G1dj.gif

okay
4th time
kttcolilupe

kttcoliwhat

kttcolitakedat

tl;dr
vasXdnI.gif

warned you bout faust

ShinMaruku

I just want count to know what he said applies to all fighting games. :p

Oh yeah people I have the Lady Kstoute guide almost done.
Her bread and butters are going to be provided, critical bursts and what not. It's behing edited. It's gonna be part of mah DOA series for FGW. I know some are interested in Kstoute's wife so we shall have things for characters you like.

16BitNova

I'm actually in need of a new router and seeing these ads for the D-Link is actually making me consider picking this one up. Do any of you guys have any experience with Dell routers?

ShinMaruku

That was a great top 4 in DOA5LR. Shame not enough came out of So Cal for SCR. But it's to be expected out of So Cal those niggas are all hollywood.
Literally :E

petghost

Banned
Bought dbfc on a whim. not super into it. Feels like a really simple version of the many other games like it.

I don't know who any of the characters are so maybe I'm missing that aspect of its appeal.

Numb

Bought dbfc on a whim. not super into it. Feels like a really simple version of the many other games like it.

I don't know who any of the characters are so maybe I'm missing that aspect of its appeal.

Same. Not having enough modes is a bummer.
Knowing them adds a boost. Not saying i know 90% of them but i do.
dont judge me

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro

Isn't that the case with some of the new 2D fighters that are being made now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom