• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Hey if the Shining Force series can get Blade Arcus then why not? Y's makes more sense as a fighter crossover than Shining did anyways. Sucks that Blade Arcus only used stuff from Heart, and Blade though...I really wanted to see a fighter with things from the old "Force" games from 1 thru 3 and then maybe some Shining in the Darkness/Shining Soul/Shining Tears stuff.

sigh...the dreams of an old school RPG player don't amount to much in the fighting game world sadly.

Malice215

Spent the morning making my first round of updates for this weekend.

I'll be making updates throughout the week which always happens as these events get closer and details get finalized or corrected. Really looking forward to Ultra Hyakkishu Cup, CEOtaku, and the Tekken 7 east coast qualifier. Should be a fun weekend.

tinyurl.com/fgccalendar

WarRock

Spent the morning making my first round of updates for this weekend.

I'll be making updates throughout the week which always happens as these events get closer and details get finalized or corrected. Really looking forward to Ultra Hyakkishu Cup, CEOtaku, and the Tekken 7 east coast qualifier. Should be a fun weekend.

tinyurl.com/fgccalendar

Samurai Shodown II World Cup!? Man, hope both time zones and college allow me to watch that.

Tizoc

This week's video haul may be delayed or won't be up this week because my ISP is so fucking incompetent in fixing my home net =_=

Kumubou

Hey if the Shining Force series can get Blade Arcus then why not? Y's makes more sense as a fighter crossover than Shining did anyways. Sucks that Blade Arcus only used stuff from Heart, and Blade though...I really wanted to see a fighter with things from the old "Force" games from 1 thru 3 and then maybe some Shining in the Darkness/Shining Soul/Shining Tears stuff.

sigh...the dreams of an old school RPG player don't amount to much in the fighting game world sadly.
If that theoretical game would be as bad as Blade Arcus, we are better off not having it at all. Blade Arcus does not look fun at all, even if you are looking to play a kusoge fighter.

That and Ys games don't have nearly enough waifus for the current market, even with the ones they added in 7 and Celceta. If anything, it would end up being baed on the Kiseki games.

shaowebb

If that theoretical game would be as bad as Blade Arcus, we are better off not having it at all. Blade Arcus does not look fun at all, even if you are looking to play a kusoge fighter.

That and Ys games don't have nearly enough waifus for the current market, even with the ones they added in 7 and Celceta. If anything, it would end up being baed on the Kiseki games.

I know nothing of Blade Arcus except it exists and features Shining stuff lol. It just gives me hope that maybe someday more RPG series will make fighter spin offs in the more traditional 2d or 2.5d sort of methods. I used to dream of Phantasy Star as a fighter all the time too since I'm a pretty major Phantasy Star IV fan from my childhood.

Honestly though I wish Sega would just do a "classics fighting jam" sort of thing and start diggin through their history for stuff. Death Adder vs Alys Brangwin, Alex Kidd vs Vectorman, Shinobi vs NiGHTS...it'd be pretty neat to see all those faces in a fighter someday.

90's kid nostalgia though...today's market wouldn't recognize a lot of the source material I'd be hoping they'd draw from. Some things you just know wont happen.

Negaduck

Is there any really good geif play for sf5 yet? I saw snake play in the exhibition and looked way better in the second game but still wasn't familiar (I do realize he just came out so no one is probably familiar with him).

Is there any really good geif play for sf5 yet? I saw snake play in the exhibition and looked way better in the second game but still wasn't familiar (I do realize he just came out so no one is probably familiar with him).

If you've seen that exhibition then that's pretty much the best you're going to get for a while regardless of character.

Rhapsody

Banned

If you've seen that exhibition then that's pretty much the best you're going to get for a while regardless of character.

Anyone have a link to that? Curious on how SF5 Gief works.

jerry1594

What do you mean?

Also that Melee remaster thread is hilarious.
When Melee was out it was like the no. 1 casual Nintendo party game that anyone could play against everyone, except maybe Mario Party. Fast forward to now all Smash discussion is centered around the competitive scene for both Melee and 4. Somebody mentioned that the casuals wouldn't care about a Melee remaster cause 4 has more stuff. I was like wut? Casuals for Smash? You mean that isn't the audience for smash anymore? And anyway me and my casual friends didn't like the floatiness of brawl.
Probably comparing it against Splatoon.
Well yeah, that's like comparing it to Mario Kart, or some other extremely casual game.
Fighting game ads are the best
Wikia doesnt allow hotlinking.

ShinMaruku

I never did buy LR on Xbox One, I was kind of hesitant to. Now that I hear that, I'll wait to get LR when I get a PS4.

It's the healthiest consumer base. At certain time Xbone is completely dead. It has activity at times but nothing compared to the PS4 userbase which has absorbed most of the players.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
It's the healthiest consumer base. At certain time Xbone is completely dead. It has activity at times but nothing compared to the PS4 userbase which has absorbed most of the players.
weird since 40% of the series is exclusive to MS

Clawww

I still say I want an Ys fighting game....

25Y749I.jpg

Just for the music it would have

just... yes

I need to actually beat one of these games sometime tho

Shouta

Yes they do. Ibuki's got that Raida (half circle back and Punch) which is a blockable grab. And Sean has that tackle which is another blockable grab.

Those aren't grabs, technically. They're attacks with a hit animation or a hit-grab as most folks say. They don't serve the same function as a command grab like Alex's Power Bomb in a match because they can be blocked. A command grab is meant to be a deterrent to just blocking an opponent's attacks.

ShinMaruku

yea but thats due to itagaki refusing to work on playstation versions. DOA5 pretty much immediately did better on PS3 than 360, PS4 outselling xbone cemented LR as a PS fighting game

Yup. one could argue the market was understerved when it was just xbox. The reaction to 5 and it's revisions point to that. Also free to play done right by them helped immensely

Finally got to play Tekken 7 at SCR. Katarina is pretty awesome. I was hoping she'd be cool so I could switch to her. My interest in T7 is way up.

ElTopo

Banned
That shit dont count. The twins got command grabs tho.

Forgot about the Twins.

Those aren't grabs, technically. They're attacks with a hit animation or a hit-grab as most folks say. They don't serve the same function as a command grab like Alex's Power Bomb in a match because they can be blocked. A command grab is meant to be a deterrent to just blocking an opponent's attacks.

That's why I said blockable grabs. And they have their uses (except Sean because he's garbage).

petghost

Banned
What about fausts ub move tho? Why do people refer to it as ub as opposed to a command grab? Does it have different properties or something?

That's why I said blockable grabs. And they have their uses (except Sean because he's garbage).

Yeah but a hit grab has such different gameplay implications compared to a command grab I feel like it doesn't make sense to put them in the same category. A hit grab functions like any other special move except that you get a nice animation if it hits. If a fireball went into a canned animation after it hit it's still a fireball.

ElTopo

Banned
Even if you discount blockable grabs street fighter 3 still has Hugo, Makoto, Alex, Q, and Twins who have unblockable grabs.

Out of a 19 character cast, 6 characters have some scary unblockable grab setups.

Tizoc

Hugo's running grab can be tech throw-ed out of btw; press LP+LK as you are about to get grabbed and it should stop it IIRC.

4r5

I think you can burst it or something else, it lacks certain properties of grabs.

Faust's HackN'Slash unblockable/commandgrab/thingy operates as such.

1) Input command (QCB+H)
2) Check for grab against opponent.
3) If grab = OK, then startup unblockable attack. / If grab = NO, then startup whiff animation.

So conditions for initiating the unblockable are that of a commandgrab. But where a commandgrab would grab you then and there, meeting the conditions just grants you the startup of the unblockable.

So for instance, you can get "garbed", but still avoid or counterhit the unblockable during startup. But since it's an unblockable, it will still hit you in air-state, where a grab would whiff.

ShinMaruku

I remember one day I was in zero fucks mode and I rushed dwn a Hugo with Juri doing no fucks givine ex pinwheels. It was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom