• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

4r5

all it took was 8 subs to make nerdjosh eat an entire pizza at once via slices stacked on one another

8 subs

He wanted it. He just needed a reason to mask it.

not in a row, but I got hit when I was trying to pressure on wakeup.

Dunno what char you play, but Faust wakeup game is ass. Just setup a meaty jump-in. Pretty much covers everything he could do.

And everyone's crouching punch or kick should recovery quick enough to block a Faust wakeup super.

K.Sabot

m79iyi4.png

no baby slices, large pizzas only

Anne

Isn't that the case with some of the new 2D fighters that are being made now?

Nah, DFC is very intentionally watered down to appeal to the market of people who aren't proficient at fighting games but like the characters. Those characters are from insanely popular shows/LNs, and you can get fans who don't even touch FGs to put 100 yen in a few times if it's not hard.

Still a pretty good game actually with its own stuff but super duper simple. A lot of other games can be more simple these days but it's not just simpler versions, it's a somewhat popular way to make a game atm.

LegatoB

I think the simplicity in DFC is a good thing. If you kinda know what you're doing in anime games, you can skip right to the Actually Playing The Game stage rather than having to spend a bunch of time working on execution and esoterics. Makes it easy to pick up and screw around with on the few occasions you actually have humans to play it with.

I mean, if you want a game that has depth and actually has a strong community of players, you should be playing Street Fighter, anyway, so might as well have fun with it.

How you get hit by wakeup super like that

Kappa

Is it really that fast? It's no Judge Better Half.

falling for wake up supers 4 times...

The fgc man.
That sruggle.

Dunno what char you play, but Faust wakeup game is ass. Just setup a meaty jump-in. Pretty much covers everything he could do.

And everyone's crouching punch or kick should recovery quick enough to block a Faust wakeup super.
"he's not going to do it this time"

just got hit at random times, let me live
unlike the angel

I just realized that after a Sunday tournament we can't spam vote for BonCHAMP or DaiGOAT titles anymore

take us back to gaming, I don't care if it's just glorified gamefaqs
BibleThump.png

shaowebb

My God...I have seen what greatness is. You want competition thats over the top? Play Senko No Ronde Duo sometime...a versus bullethell.

T6y8JjS.jpg

Long story, but I got to play it at a convention, I'm a major bullethell fan and collector, and it drew enough of a crowd once I started showing off the place's copy that there were TONS of sets and folks playing this. Dude who put the system up at the venue didn't even know what this title was till I showed him and all this started.

• 3 attacks. Normal, Strong and Barrage. You got 2 rings that turn red to show you reloading either regular or strong, and barrage is something that costs meter. If enemies enter the ring areas that denote your shots when you fire that type of shot you will instead melee them. Some folks have BIG ring areas meaning they melee a LOT.
  • Fill your gauge and you can turn into a bullethell endboss form that differs per character for a period and you gain temporary health. Your a bigger target with limited mobility but you can unleash TONS of stuff
  • Can temporarily boost attack/defense
  • You have a dash and a bullet absorbing shield and you have to balance movement around these actions. Dashes have slight invulnerability windows and dash canceling exists for attacks
  • You can equip assists that either boost speed, defense or offense with new moves that range from mind fields, to 8 satellite shields to beams and more. I enjoyed rocking massive explosions because I could fly in, call em, and hide in the explosions to fish for melee.

Shit was insane. We were all scrubs, but we were all getting crazy comebacks with boss modes, stuffing folks trying to cheese boss modes, and just getting wild dodges and magic pixel exchanges. Just sooooo many footsies and setups to try and score hits. Its predecessor exists under the name "Wartech" in the states but has 6 less characters, and no assists plus some different balance but its still a great ride even though Senko no Ronde Duo is waaaaaaaaaaaay better.

Never played anything so awesome before. Import it if you got a J-360. They used to run tournies of this in Korea and I'm just still glowing and blown away after making it back home from this game.

Here's someone rocking single player to get an idea.

Now its time to sleep...

My God...I have seen what greatness is. You want competition thats over the top? Play Senko No Ronde Duo sometime...a versus bullethell.

T6y8JjS.jpg

Long story, but I got to play it at a convention, I'm a major bullethell fan and collector, and it drew enough of a crowd once I started showing off the place's copy that there were TONS of sets and folks playing this. Dude who put the system up at the venue didn't even know what this title was till I showed him and all this started.

• 3 attacks. Normal, Strong and Barrage. You got 2 rings that turn red to show you reloading either regular or strong, and barrage is something that costs meter. If enemies enter the ring areas that denote your shots when you fire that type of shot you will instead melee them. Some folks have BIG ring areas meaning they melee a LOT.
  • Fill your gauge and you can turn into a bullethell endboss form that differs per character for a period and you gain temporary health. Your a bigger target with limited mobility but you can unleash TONS of stuff
  • Can temporarily boost attack/defense
  • You have a dash and a bullet absorbing shield and you have to balance movement around these actions. Dashes have slight invulnerability windows and dash canceling exists for attacks
  • You can equip assists that either boost speed, defense or offense with new moves that range from mind fields, to 8 satellite shields to beams and more. I enjoyed rocking massive explosions because I could fly in, call em, and hide in the explosions to fish for melee.

Shit was insane. We were all scrubs, but we were all getting crazy comebacks with boss modes, stuffing folks trying to cheese boss modes, and just getting wild dodges and magic pixel exchanges. Just sooooo many footsies and setups to try and score hits. Its predecessor exists under the name "Wartech" in the states but has 6 less characters, and no assists plus some different balance but its still a great ride even though Senko no Ronde Duo is waaaaaaaaaaaay better.

Never played anything so awesome before. Import it if you got a J-360. They used to run tournies of this in Korea and I'm just still glowing and blown away after making it back home from this game.

Here's someone rocking single player to get an idea.

Now its time to sleep...

One of the Round 1 arcades in Norcal apparently has DUO loaded on a Nesica cab, makes me sad I'm not in the area

Tripon

So the Ultra Hyakkishu Cup, the 2nd Japan Premier Cup is this Saturday in Japan, but it'll be Friday night in the states. I'll try to have a thread up by Thursday night. No word if it'll be on NicoNico exclusive, or Capcom will be kind and stream it on Capcom Fighters.

ShinMaruku

I remember being extremely bearish when the initial goal was announced, nice to see I got proven wrong.

Jebaily does good work and most games have room to stand on their own. I think too much people are just thinking these games as side games when they should be taken on their own terms. It's how smash is so successful.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I wanted to register for CEOtaku, but I might be tagging along to some Louisville tournament this weekend instead.

Sixfortyfive

I'm mostly bummed out because there was some interest in organizing a Virtual On side tournament, but I couldn't really follow through and commit to running it unless some other things fell into place.

CEO 2015 was amazing for me simply because the VO arcade machine they brought in had a line of players on it the entire weekend. It's my favorite "fighting game" series of all time and I'd never played it with anyone in person outside of a very small group of friends years ago.

I'm mostly bummed out because there was some interest in organizing a Virtual On side tournament, but I couldn't really follow through and commit to running it unless some other things fell into place.

CEO 2015 was amazing for me simply because the VO arcade machine they brought in had a line of players on it the entire weekend. It's my favorite "fighting game" series of all time and I'd never played it with anyone in person outside of a very small group of friends years ago.

v-on is pretty dope. AL got a set of them. pretty fun. too bad it seems like that game can destroy the joysticks lol

Sixfortyfive

That reminds me, though. If anyone here is planning to go to CEOtaku and doesn't have a room, maybe I could look into transferring my reservation. Not sure if their hotel block has sold out or is at risk of selling out or if it's even possible to transfer a reservation to another person, but if any of those things are true then drop me a PM and I could try to help. I'm probably going to cancel it tomorrow evening otherwise.

EDIT: Just looked and it seems like there's rooms left in the event block anyway, so I'll probably just cancel in any case.

V-On was always one of those games I loved playing, but couldn't get good at due to no money (for arcade machines) and/or nobody local who liked it.

So the Ultra Hyakkishu Cup, the 2nd Japan Premier Cup is this Saturday in Japan, but it'll be Friday night in the states. I'll try to have a thread up by Thursday night. No word if it'll be on NicoNico exclusive, or Capcom will be kind and stream it on Capcom Fighters.

Looks like cameraman and Zhi will be there so it should be on capcom fighters.

https://twitter.com/sgfighter/status/653462887751512064

edit: Nesica just tweeted out that this is the Japanese stream. So there is capcom fighters and this.
http://www.twitch.tv/ultra_hyakkishuhai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom