• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimXx

Hugo's running grab can be tech throw-ed out of btw; press LP+LK as you are about to get grabbed and it should stop it IIRC.

If you want to get technical, Hugo is actually teching your throw attempt. Because of this, the range at which it is possible is very specific; if the command throw is in range to grab you but your normal throw is too far away to connect, you will get command grabbed. The timing is also extremely precise (single frame). It works this way with some other command throws, too, including the grab version of Q's Total Destruction.

You can, however, tech Ibuki's taunt just as though it was a normal throw, with the usual 5 frame window.

Man, this is making me nostalgic . .

Tizoc

If you want to get technical, Hugo is actually teching your throw attempt. Because of this, the range at which it is possible is very specific; if the command throw is in range to grab you but your normal throw is too far away to connect, you will get command grabbed. The timing is also extremely precise (single frame). It works this way with some other command throws, too, including the grab version of Q's Total Destruction.

You can, however, tech Ibuki's taunt just as though it was a normal throw, with the usual 5 frame window.

Man, this is making me nostalgic . .

Good points, and thanks for reminding me of the ibuki taunt.

And Keoma qualifies for Capcom Cup. Who here said it was going to be a free win for the Japanese players again? lol

I don't think it's that surprising that two Japanese players outside the top 5 lost. I mean compare the field of SCR to this event. Definitely the weakest premier event this year.

Marz

Sf4 has a bunch of command grab characters.

Abel
Honda
Fuerte
Fei
Hakan
Hugo
Makoto
Seth
T.Hawk
Yang
Yun
Zangief

If you want to count flip grab thingys

Akuma
Gouken
Cammy
Guy
Vega

Tripon

Forget the FGC. A real eSports event is taking place this weekend.
unnamed.png

use1.png

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/2...hampionship-taking-place-oct-17-18th#comments

mbpm1

I wonder why Haitani didn't pick Rufus. Better than Makoto for the matchup

Edit: Oh, he did in Winner's Finals, I see

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Are there any JP players confirmed going to Canada Cup for USF4?

arent like all the madcatz boys going? gonna be down there living it up with vulva until he kicks me out then bug onemic with L's and have tok spd me into the ground. Canada too stronk

mbpm1 please remove that

Shun

Anyone want to try fresh Kuro buttons and have any new spare OBSFs, any color? I have 4 spares looking to see if anyone wants to swap.

ShinMaruku

It's been known for years you never loan that man money. Hell as a rule I loan to no one. Just to avoid that. Also I never like the feel of debts.

AtticuSMT

Banned
Hey people, quick question.

I have been into fighting games for as long as I can remember and I have a Mad Catz stick for both my PS3 and my 360. But I am migrating to the PS4 soon because of SF5 and wanted to look into a stick for it.

So that leads me to my question, what is the best stick fr the PS4 right now.

I only ask cause i seem to see alot of the Mad Cat TE2 but on streams i see alot of those hori sticks, which surprises me cause usually hori sticks arent that great?

So yea, opinions?

Anne

Hey people, quick question.

I have been into fighting games for as long as I can remember and I have a Mad Catz stick for both my PS3 and my 360. But I am migrating to the PS4 soon because of SF5 and wanted to look into a stick for it.

So that leads me to my question, what is the best stick fr the PS4 right now.

I only ask cause i seem to see alot of the Mad Cat TE2 but on streams i see alot of those hori sticks, which surprises me cause usually hori sticks arent that great?

So yea, opinions?

Hori sticks usually have really nice cases and PCBs and are just fine. Their PS4 sticks use Hori parts though. The joystick is debatable, some people like it, others don't. The buttons are kinda meh, but some people will say they like them. If you want to get a Hori it's still a good stick and the parts won't make you lose or anything, they are just different.

Madcatz is more expensive, but the TE2 has more features and uses Sanwa parts, which are arcade standard and extremely common.

If you've never used a stick before honestly consider looking into the cheapest option for yourself unless you know you're for sure gonna get a lot of use out of it. If you do decide to get something and later on you don't like the parts, it is at least an extremely easy job to swap some out. Go check out the arcade stick thread too.

Tik-Tok

speaking of sticks, how are the razer players playing with their razer stick on ps4?

I've asked this question before because they were definitely using Razer sticks. I'm betting Razer just rigged something up for them in the interim while they come up with an actual PS4 product

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom