• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Melee was out it was like the no. 1 casual Nintendo party game that anyone could play against everyone, except maybe Mario Party. Fast forward to now all Smash discussion is centered around the competitive scene for both Melee and 4. Somebody mentioned that the casuals wouldn't care about a Melee remaster cause 4 has more stuff. I was like wut? Casuals for Smash? You mean that isn't the audience for smash anymore? And anyway me and my casual friends didn't like the floatiness of brawl.

Brawl has about 3 characters that I can play and have fun instead of wanting to snap the disc.

Well yeah, that's like comparing it to Mario Kart, or some other extremely casual game.

Hey, Kart games are very hardcore XD

(Long live CTR, MKDS MK Double Dash. Constant turbo is love, constant turbo is life.)

I dunno, but I doubt they're anti money. Sony's the only game in town for SF5 on console, so I doubt they'd just leave that money on the table instead of making a PS4/PC compatible stick.
you are right that they will probably get over it and produce a PS4 stick, but it still wouldnt surprise me if they didnt. The guy's a dick.

^ This man gets it. 200 CC Baby Park. Where my people at? Play that and tell me shit aint for real in those Karts.

Speaking of Nintendo, whats up with Pokken Fighters? We got a final roster and console date yet?

Pretty sure Pokken is slated for spring 2016 for Wii U. It's likely that more characters will show up before then. I think the last one showed off was luchador Pikachu.

jerry1594

Brawl has about 3 characters that I can play and have fun instead of wanting to snap the disc.

Hey, Kart games are very hardcore XD

(Long live CTR, MKDS MK Double Dash. Constant turbo is love, constant turbo is life.)
You mean play as in practice stuff you see in videos, or play as in mash buttons with young relatives? Cause I have never done the former. As for MK James Chen won Evo for that, that seals the deal.

You guys think the Laura reveal thread went to shit like the Laura leak thread did?
Yeah. Don't even care about costume bs anymore those threads drained almost every drop of care from me.

You mean play as in practice stuff you see in videos, or play as in mash buttons with young relatives? Cause I have never done the former. As for MK James Chen won Evo for that, that seals the deal.

As in mash buttons with friends. I've never bothered to learn technically advanced Melee because it'd be pointless. The playfeel of Brawl for most characters is just bad.

jbug617

Banned
KBR is getting roasted on twitter. He flew to Cali from Japan and decides not to enter SCR because he said it was a waste of money (did not pre-reg because of no CC).

Anne

Dunno what gave you that idea honestly.

At least people have pretense on GAF.

45m58ow.png

If you title thread that here it gets locked. Otherwise it probably wouldn't be any different lol.

That's exactly what I'm saying lol

K.Sabot

the lockdown and range of st.lk was pretty ridiculous

the damage nerfs didn't hurt him as much as the taking away of 2nd hit far st.lk being cancellable, though a lot of that being op had to do with it being 2 hits in a game with focus attacks tbh.

kirblar

So what are lights good at in sf v? Ticks and interrupting pressure? Not judging just wondering.
Interrupting, getting space, etc. You can still get a special out after them. They're intentionally designing the systems to mimic earlier games instead of Seth Fighter 4. (Rising Thunder is the spiritual sequel to that.) It also limits how much you can get punished for blocked moves with mild frame disadvantage, encouraging offense.

edit: On the latter point, that was something that plagued SFxT that the game was never able to fix. Because lights chained, you could punish virtually anything with long combos and relatively big damage. It made the game hyper-defensive. Not letting lights combo into other normals is a step towards avoiding that.

You can confirm from lights, just not into stronger normals.

CrLP, crLP xx dp

crLK, crLP xx ex tatsu

Etc, etc. This was common in the alpha games (especially with Karin) and funnily, in KOF games.

petghost

Banned
Interrupting, getting space, etc. You can still get a special out after them. They're intentionally designing the systems to mimic earlier games instead of Seth Fighter 4. (Rising Thunder is the spiritual sequel to that.) It also limits how much you can get punished for blocked moves with mild frame disadvantage, encouraging offense.

edit: On the latter point, that was something that plagued SFxT that the game was never able to fix. Because lights chained, you could punish virtually anything with long combos and relatively big damage. It made the game hyper-defensive. Not letting lights combo into other normals is a step towards avoiding that.

Light confirms into super had a place in 3s and less so but still there in st. You think that will still be the case?

Marvel

could never
I've just discovered Excellent Adventures on YT, two days spent watching for some awesome entertainment and tips.

Marvel

could never
Are you convinced Mike Ross's Makoto is good?
I've seen some very convincing wins, and then there has been some awful fuck ups resulting in some great salty runbacks... lol but I cant talk at all because I have never used her. His Honda is slick.

Wish I discovered this show sooner. I have become a less crazy person because of it that's for sure.

Alex Valle firing some shots in this Daily Dot interview lol. It's going to be interesting to see where the the current top SoCal guys go when both WNF and Super Arcade are both up and running.

kirblar

Which won't be anytime soon apparently.

Watts has got to scrape up 20k to check off another item on the city's zoning clearance list
In theory it should be easy to prove that competitive gaming events are giant sasugefests and don't require many women's bathrooms. But who knows with bureaucrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom